HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avery leaves Finland?

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2004, 03:34 PM
In the Doghouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
Isn't Tukonen still one of the youngest if not the youngest player in that league? He was the youngest player in the draft, if I remember correctly.
He's definitely one of the youngest. If I remember correctly, only Jesse Joensuu (Ässät) and Tuukka Rask (Ilves) are younger (born 1987).

Old
12-04-2004, 05:59 PM
Pekka Lampinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
Isn't Tukonen still one of the youngest if not the youngest player in that league? He was the youngest player in the draft, if I remember correctly.
The youngest player to have played in nearly all games this season is Jesse Joensuu, 13 months younger than Tukonen. His fourth line minutes are not much though and there are no 2005 draftees playing regularly, so Tukonen is the youngest player in the league with a role anywhere near as notable as his own. Correspondingly, the youngest player who plays better and in a bigger role than Tukonen would be Petteri Nokelainen, who has an advantage of 7½ months in age.

Old
12-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Hp

Ha.. There are no new report of avery? Its reeeaalllyyy weird that Avery dont wanna comment his escape from finland, John Madden did "avery's" just couple a weeks ago for Hifk, Helsinki. But different thing in madden's case are that madden's agent told something like : "At this time of the year, there are dark in finland and sweden, and there are no american football on tv"

Madden played 3 games, avery 2.

And they are professionals ? no.. i dont wanna talk about these back stabbers anymore but you know, if you make deal for some team that you will play there rest of season, then you play, u dont escape there, and specially not the way that avery did.

Old
12-22-2004, 12:34 PM
Matt13

Why all the hate on Avery and not some of those other players that have come back.

I dont know about all this talk about "professionalism". If you or I took a job and our boss wore wooden shoes and we hated the work enviorment, we could quit the job no questions asked.

So get over yourselves, would you.

Old
12-22-2004, 12:45 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Me
We don't want to talk about any positive things, that's most important part of finnish personality: Don't think any positive things, just concentrate on the negative ones.
did they pick that up from the NY press?

Old
12-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Dominus
Believe to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie Verstinks
Why all the hate on Avery and not some of those other players that have come back.
Because Avery didn't give any explanation, he just vanished. He also seemed to be in good shape, unlike John Madden, who was fat, slow and useless and nobody missed him. And at least Madden gave some excuses (no football on TV!).

Quote:
I dont know about all this talk about "professionalism". If you or I took a job and our boss wore wooden shoes and we hated the work enviorment, we could quit the job no questions asked.
That's cute. What do you do for a living, if I may ask? I wouldn't quit any job by just walking out, no matter how ****** I think it was. If you sign a contract, you stick to it. Nobody put a gun on their heads and forced them to sign.

Quote:
...wore wooden shoes...
Btw. since I'm a stupid foreigner I'm unfamiliar with this expression. What does it mean?

Old
12-22-2004, 01:31 PM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipa
Because Avery didn't give any explanation, he just vanished. He also seemed to be in good shape, unlike John Madden, who was fat, slow and useless and nobody missed him. And at least Madden gave some excuses (no football on TV!).
does he owe you anything?

Quote:
That's cute. What do you do for a living, if I may ask? I wouldn't quit any job by just walking out, no matter how ****** I think it was. If you sign a contract, you stick to it. Nobody put a gun on their heads and forced them to sign.
I work in a office, wear a suit, and make above average money. I walked out on a job before, no two weeks, no nothing. My boss was a jerk and enogh was enough. If you choose to give 2 weeks and be miserable for 2 weeks than that is your choice.

Blah blah blah contracts......the escape clauses that have been put into these contracts, were put there for a reason. Is Avery being sued? No, because he had a contract that enabled him to leave any time.

Quote:
Btw. since I'm a stupid foreigner I'm unfamiliar with this expression. What does it mean?
IMO - wooden shoes are worn by all Euros not just the Dutch.

Old
12-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Dominus
Believe to see!

Quote:
does he owe you anything?
Yes. An explanation. I know there are Pelicans fans who loved him in those two games he played. I know he played well and was entertaining as hell. He was in good enough condition and he didn't underestimate the level of the league (like Madden obviously did). So why couldn't he give some kind of an explanation, at least for the fans? I can think of many reasons why he left; lousy weather, small boring city, bad team, referees... these are obvious. I mean, Lahti, Finland is not Los Angeles, California, but I think he knew that before he came. But why? Was there something else? Was he treated badly? Why not to give an explanation? It can't be that hard.

Quote:
I work in a office, wear a suit, and make above average money. I walked out on a job before, no two weeks, no nothing. My boss was a jerk and enogh was enough. If you choose to give 2 weeks and be miserable for 2 weeks than that is your choice.
That is my choice. Though I have to say I've never had a single lousy boss. Maybe if I meet one some day I'll walk out too, but until then... contract is a contract.

Quote:
Blah blah blah contracts......the escape clauses that have been put into these contracts, were put there for a reason. Is Avery being sued? No, because he had a contract that enabled him to leave any time.
Obviously he had a lock-out contract, but I wouldn't be that sure that there were "Leave whenever you like without saying anything"-clause. The reason he's not sued is, that these small teams just don't have enough resources. They don't have an army of lawyers. And what would they win anyway? You can't force someone to play if he doesn't want to. They could get him banned from leagues under IIHF, but so what? He could still play anywhere in North America, and the team could get a bad reputation making it harder for them to sign other players.

Quote:
IMO - wooden shoes are worn by all Euros not just the Dutch.
Ok. In fact, I have wooden shoes. I got them from my cousin who was working in Holland last summer.

Old
12-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipa
Ok. In fact, I have wooden shoes. I got them from my cousin who was working in Holland last summer.

I knew it.

Old
12-22-2004, 05:39 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
I knew it.
You have wooden shoes too, so don't hate.

Old
12-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
You have wooden shoes too, so don't hate.

Youre just mad cause I gave you a splinter in your butt.

Old
12-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Youre just mad cause I gave you a splinter in your butt.
Yep, I am.

Old
12-24-2004, 09:12 AM
Hp

Ipa: Answer to guestion "Was avery treated badly" - No. Tommi Kerttula (pelicans scout) said in Etelä suomen sanomat newspaper that avery got a Car, Hotel and everything, Got his money and everything that pelicans can do for avery. Kerttula asked from avery many times is everything ok, everytime avery said Yep, everything is fine, nothing wrong.

At Saturday (After avery's last game in pelicans) he eated dinner with team (and everything was fine), and saturday night he were with his team mates checking Lahti's Nightlife, i dont know did he get drunk or something . And Sunday morning he packed his stuff and leaved.

That was kind a humorous when Pelicans manager said in newspaper "avery is missing, we dont know where he is"

But hey, Merry Christmas from Finland ! It's 4.12 Pm in here now.

Old
12-24-2004, 12:20 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hp
Ipa: Answer to guestion "Was avery treated badly" - No. Tommi Kerttula (pelicans scout) said in Etelä suomen sanomat newspaper that avery got a Car, Hotel and everything, Got his money and everything that pelicans can do for avery. Kerttula asked from avery many times is everything ok, everytime avery said Yep, everything is fine, nothing wrong.

At Saturday (After avery's last game in pelicans) he eated dinner with team (and everything was fine), and saturday night he were with his team mates checking Lahti's Nightlife, i dont know did he get drunk or something . And Sunday morning he packed his stuff and leaved.

That was kind a humorous when Pelicans manager said in newspaper "avery is missing, we dont know where he is"

But hey, Merry Christmas from Finland ! It's 4.12 Pm in here now.
Merry Christmas to all you guys over in Finland as well!

Old
12-31-2004, 01:03 PM
skolgoar

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
:lol :lol :lol

In all seriousness, Avery is not the type of player that belongs in the Finnish elite league, and frankly Finland doesn't need Sean Avery. European leagues don't tend to tolerate the circus freaks and side shows that are in the NHL and AHL.
Yeah, it is sad when the circus freaks and side shows are your best offensive players ....

Old
01-30-2005, 08:57 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Looks like Avery may end up signing in the ECHL with Idaho.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...12#post2425212

Old
02-03-2005, 02:54 AM
Hp

http://www.netlari.fi/Article.jsp?ar...&days=0&dept=2

There's a link, where Avery talk's **** from Pelicans, Lahti.

I thought Avery is a Professional, but in that link he Blame pelicans for his Treatment. (pelicans treated Avery well) like i said in my previous post, avery got all that pelicans can do for him, Car-Hotel-Money.But we don't got Limousines for hockeyplayers in here. If here is someone who can write that link in english, please do that.

Old
02-04-2005, 05:27 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
I asked some explanations at our finnish friends...click here

Closed Thread