HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Bandwagon thread

Old
04-08-2012, 07:39 PM
awfulwaffle

vCash: 500
We need to pump the brakes on getting bandwagon fans, or everyone is going to say the team has more bandwagon fans than fans that are always rooting for the Coyotes.

awfulwaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:39 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post
Am I doing it right?
There is no wrong way to bandwagon.

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:42 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
We need to pump the brakes on getting bandwagon fans, or everyone is going to say the team has more bandwagon fans than fans that are always rooting for the Coyotes.
If its a Bruins, Penguins, Flyers, or Blackhawks fan smack them. Even if it's a Red Wings fan. Red Wing fans are probably bandwagon, but we'll never know because they never suck.

Old
04-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Lets not lump the Flyers in that, didn't they still sellout in 06-07 when they were dead last?

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 08:00 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Yep, one more thing for the trolls to focus on.

Face it, no matter what the Coyotes or the fans do, there is someone else who did it first, bigger, and better. We can't win, so why even try?

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 08:16 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Interesting you guys went 23-9-7 after picking up Brule on waivers (were out of the playoffs at the time). Some nice moves by management...Vermette as well.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:03 AM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchered View Post
Lightning fan jumping on board. Wanted to punch Mike Smith in the face while he was with TB but he's such a nice guy it's awesome to see how he's turned it around.

Here's to a long playoff run!
Balance in the universe, then - I'm from Orlando and have always rooted for TBL during their playoff runs.

DirtyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:24 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

I'm a sucker for a good bandwagon!

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:38 AM
Sirquacksalot
Magic

So is it "fee-nix" or "pa-hoe-ee-knicks"? I kid, I kid.

Sirquacksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:10 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Interesting you guys went 23-9-7 after picking up Brule on waivers (were out of the playoffs at the time). Some nice moves by management...Vermette as well.
The scheduling was atrocious before the All-Star break. Aucoin said it was the worse in all his years in the NHL. Coach Tippet said the same thing yesterday in an interview.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
The scheduling was atrocious before the All-Star break. Aucoin said it was the worse in all his years in the NHL. Coach Tippet said the same thing yesterday in an interview.
Wasnt there a stretch without smith and hanzal around the same time?

And Brule has been a good addition over the likes of o'sullivan and cal o'reilly.

and out of those two its fee nix

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:19 AM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Welcome bandwagoners!! Jump on this train now and enjoy what may be a LONG ride in the playoffs. A healthy team (for nearly the first time all year) plus the NHL's hottest goaltender is how you want to enter the playoffs!!

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:24 AM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoyote View Post
Wasnt there a stretch without smith and hanzal around the same time?

And Brule has been a good addition over the likes of o'sullivan and cal o'reilly.

and out of those two its fee nix
The 23-7 stretch had a bad 6-7 game stretch in the middle when 3 of our top 6 D-men were out.........can you imagine if they all played?

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:08 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post
So is it "fee-nix" or "pa-hoe-ee-knicks"? I kid, I kid.
lol the first one, and I didn't see the added on part - sneaky sneaky!

Last edited by awfulwaffle: 04-09-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old
04-09-2012, 10:57 PM
pacerhimself

So I picked up some Thursday tickets and I'm getting some folks from work whove never seen a game of hockey to come. I have the feeling that I'm going to be explaining icing and offside all game.

pacerhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:59 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacerhimself View Post
So I picked up some Thursday tickets and I'm getting some folks from work whove never seen a game of hockey to come. I have the feeling that I'm going to be explaining icing and offside all game.
Hell of a way to make new hockey fans. Just make sure they aren't wearing Hawaiian flower shirts or something like I've seen before.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:01 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacerhimself View Post
When I was 11 and knew **** about hockey offsides was pretty easy to get. Icing though confused the hell out of me for like a year. Had no hockey fans in the family or friends to tell me whats what.

And heed what XX said about the shirts.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:18 PM
awfulwaffle

Wear White!!!! I'm going to love all the blackhawk fans wearing white jerseys since they don't have another color.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:33 PM
OKHoosier41218

Hello everyone! Long-time lurker that finally decided to start posting.

Always liked the team, but I've been on the bandwagon since about 2004, when I received my assignment to Luke AFB. I lived in the valley for four years and tried to attend as many games as I could, though the first year I was out there was the year of the lockout. After I left the AF, my wife and I had discussed getting season tickets until she was transferred out of the valley in 2008. We live in Oklahoma now and I have about worn out all my Coyotes shirts.

I have nothing but great memories of going to games at Jobing.com Arena, even though those were some rough years for the team on the ice. I have really missed going to games out there. Though the highlight was getting a chance to meet most of the team at a Coyotes Game Night in 2007. Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to meet Doan! That still bums us out to this day.

OKHoosier41218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 10:38 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZoom18 View Post

Always liked the team, but I've been on the bandwagon since about 2004, when I received my assignment to Luke AFB. I lived in the valley for four years and tried to attend as many games as I could, though the first year I was out there was the year of the lockout. After I left the AF, my wife and I had discussed getting season tickets until she was transferred out of the valley in 2008. We live in Oklahoma now and I have about worn out all my Coyotes shirts.

I have nothing but great memories of going to games at Jobing.com Arena, even though those were some rough years for the team on the ice. I have really missed going to games out there. Though the highlight was getting a chance to meet most of the team at a Coyotes Game Night in 2007. Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to meet Doan! That still bums us out to this day.
Welcome! Thank you for your service!

Old
04-12-2012, 12:29 AM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZoom18 View Post

Too bad you didn't get to meet him. I'm at Luke AFB now. I got to meet him 2 years ago during the Olympic Games break. He and Tyson Nash were on the base to take incentive flights in the F-16. He was at the 62 FS before they went up and he signed my all of my family's jerseys and the Doan bobbleheads we'd gotten the month before. He talked to everyone and pose for pictures. Tyson didn't get as much attention though.

Welcome aboard, tomorrow should be a good one.

GiveAFlyingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 08:11 PM
OKHoosier41218

Thanks! Apparently I joined here in 2007 and forgot about it.

AZflyingPuck, I think I remember reading about their incentive flights. The 62nd is Spike right? I was with the 310th AMU while I was out there. I think I would've been equally thrilled with meeting Tyson Nash. I am originally from Indiana and saw a lot of Blues games on FS Midwest. Tyson was one of my faves during his time there. The night we were at the Coyotes Game Night, Doan was always pretty busy with kids, so we left him be. Did get to meet JR that night, which was a pretty big thrill for me.

OKHoosier41218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:16 AM
Layne Staley
The Future

Sabres fan here, I've had a soft spot for PHX since they moved there, and now with the ownership issues I like them even more (my team went through the same thing )

I have always rooted for the Yotes in the West, and with the Sabres not even in the postseason I am pulling for the Coyotes really hard this year!I think Mike Smith had a Vezina type year and I could see him carrying Phoenix far.The makeup of the team is very well-rounded, with balanced scoring and a great D core.I think OEL is going to be a complete stud, and I love the emergence of Vrbata.

Go Yotes!

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 04:58 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
Sabres fan here, I've had a soft spot for PHX since they moved there, and now with the ownership issues I like them even more (my team went through the same thing )

I have always rooted for the Yotes in the West, and with the Sabres not even in the postseason I am pulling for the Coyotes really hard this year!I think Mike Smith had a Vezina type year and I could see him carrying Phoenix far.The makeup of the team is very well-rounded, with balanced scoring and a great D core.I think OEL is going to be a complete stud, and I love the emergence of Vrbata.

Go Yotes!
Welcome aboard!

Old
04-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

not a band wagoner, but since you guys always seem to be underdogs (even though you won the division) I hope you make a deep run. Make hockey a mainstay in the desert and here's to seeing you in the SCF!

complete OT, but im curious, who do Yotes fans think gets the C after Doan retires?

Last edited by Kiss My Rask: 04-14-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote