HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Bandwagon thread

Old
04-30-2012, 08:15 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
And then I read this part and the world was back in proper order:
Hopefully we'll just troll them on that front too like everywhere else

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:16 PM
SweYote

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Brule is also twice the player Linus is
Yeah, Omark belongs in a circus.

SweYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:36 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Anyone good with Photoshop? I'm a semi bandwagon jumper (I cheer for Phoenix all year, but don't frequent the board very often) and have an idea for an avatar. Just need someone to photoshop Whitney's head onto my current Avatar

here's the original if it's easier

and a pic of Whitney that should hopefully work

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:36 PM
coyote_slash
#WeThePeople

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Anyone good with Photoshop? I'm a semi bandwagon jumper (I cheer for Phoenix all year, but don't frequent the board very often) and have an idea for an avatar. Just need someone to photoshop Whitney's head onto my current Avatar

here's the original if it's easier

and a pic of Whitney that should hopefully work
Not great, but here ya' go.

coyote_slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Count me in! Been watching the Yotes regularly for a couple seasons and I like them a lot. Then I wound up moving to Glendale recently, so of course attending some games were in order. It's so much fun at the arena, I just love it and have a great time. Was here maybe a month and attended 4 games in that time, going to another one soon I hope. GO YOTES!!!!!!

Sushiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 11:53 PM
BDEuph
Hotty Toddy

Ok Desert Dogs, I am hopping on you bandwagon...dont let me down. Why the Coyotes? 'cause you and your fans have been through heck, and I'd like for the yotes to win it for the fans. PLus...Mike Smith is a jedi...Mace "Smith"du

BDEuph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:14 AM
TheDudeAbides

Pens fan here,

I am really happy to see how well you guys have done this season, I was really hoping that the Yotes would stay put in the desert and now with the progress that has been made I think there is a very solid chance that the Coyotes will remain in Phoenix. Best wishes.

TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:21 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
GO Yotes! I still have my two favorite teams left in the east but they will eliminate each other so soon there's only one left. That said Coyotes are by far my favorite team left in the east, love the way you play hockey and not only that.. Those white outs... wow!

Smack them preds on their noses tonight, would make my day.

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 05:04 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDEuph View Post
Ok Desert Dogs, I am hopping on you bandwagon...dont let me down. Why the Coyotes? 'cause you and your fans have been through heck, and I'd like for the yotes to win it for the fans. PLus...Mike Smith is a jedi...Mace "Smith"du
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
Pens fan here,

I am really happy to see how well you guys have done this season, I was really hoping that the Yotes would stay put in the desert and now with the progress that has been made I think there is a very solid chance that the Coyotes will remain in Phoenix. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
GO Yotes! I still have my two favorite teams left in the east but they will eliminate each other so soon there's only one left. That said Coyotes are by far my favorite team left in the east, love the way you play hockey and not only that.. Those white outs... wow!

*west

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post

Amen! Nothing against the Preds, but Yotes all the way! Will make my day too if they put it away tonight. Lets go Coyotes!

Sushiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 03:08 AM
OKCDevil

My hockey story...

New bandwagoner here. Sort of. It's kinda convoluted...

I grew up in LA, so the Gretzky-era Kings was how I learned about the NHL. I can remember how excited I was when Prime Ticket would show their games. And how excited I was when the Sharks came on the scene, then the Ducks, because it meant more hockey was coming west.

But I moved to Colorado the same year the Avs did, so I became a huge Avs fan. And after they won a title right out of the gate, I was locked in for the burgundy and blue.

Once the first Jets moved to Phoenix, they became my No. 2 team because of the cool unis (loved the Kachinas) and because of my love for Arizona and Phoenix (and ASU). But the Avs had my heart.

Then the lockout came and the year without hockey and... I sort of got lost in the wilderness. For years after the lockout I paid little attention to the NHL. I've always loved hockey, but it was never my main thing and I never got back into the groove after that lockout. The next six years it just wasn't on my radar. But during that time I was able to go out to Jobing.com arena and see a game and saw the Coyotes first-hand and had a blast! Got a hat and a couple of souvenirs and told myself I'd have to consider the Yotes as my No. 1 one day if I ever got back into the game fully again.

Well, that day came in the first round of the playoffs this season. I got caught up watching all the OT games and fell hard. I dug out my Yotes cap and put it on for the first time in years. It was great seeing them win a playoff series finally!

So while I'm never one to all-out bandwagon, I guess this is as close as I'll come. I usually choose my favorite teams based on geography (if I lived there, have a close tie there family-wise, or the team is the closest to me distance-wise), but I feel a connection with everywhere between Oklahoma (current home) and SoCal, including Phoenix (ASU alum), so I figure that's good enough to claim the Coyotes. I haven't been an Avs fan since pre-lockout so I think enough time has passed to go with the Desert Dogs. Especially now that it sounds like they'll be staying.

Anyway, that's my story. I'm a new Coyotes fan officially as of April and I've had gear for years now. Go figure. But this run has made me consider a full change and now that that has happened I won't be going anywhere for awhile. And hopefully I'll be able to make some games next time I'm out that way. (Man I wish ASU/Coyotes would have gone in together on a new Wells Fargo like ASU is doing with the Cubs for a baseball stadium.) Glendale is just forever away from where I'm usually at when I'm in the Valley.

So, am I good?

OKCDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 03:13 AM
Super Hans

I'm in.

Super Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:46 AM
jorbjorb
BROWN TOWN

i'm def hoppin on this band wagon!

jorbjorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Confessions of a bandwagon Coyotes fan

http://arizonasports.com/64/1538468/Adam-Green

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Give me like 24 hours to be angry with you, then I'll be jumping aboard

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 04:46 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCDevil View Post

I grew up in LA, so the Gretzky-era Kings was how I learned about the NHL. I can remember how excited I was when Prime Ticket would show their games. And how excited I was when the Sharks came on the scene, then the Ducks, because it meant more hockey was coming west.

But I moved to Colorado the same year the Avs did, so I became a huge Avs fan. And after they won a title right out of the gate, I was locked in for the burgundy and blue.

Once the first Jets moved to Phoenix, they became my No. 2 team because of the cool unis (loved the Kachinas) and because of my love for Arizona and Phoenix (and ASU). But the Avs had my heart.

Then the lockout came and the year without hockey and... I sort of got lost in the wilderness. For years after the lockout I paid little attention to the NHL. I've always loved hockey, but it was never my main thing and I never got back into the groove after that lockout. The next six years it just wasn't on my radar. But during that time I was able to go out to Jobing.com arena and see a game and saw the Coyotes first-hand and had a blast! Got a hat and a couple of souvenirs and told myself I'd have to consider the Yotes as my No. 1 one day if I ever got back into the game fully again.

Well, that day came in the first round of the playoffs this season. I got caught up watching all the OT games and fell hard. I dug out my Yotes cap and put it on for the first time in years. It was great seeing them win a playoff series finally!

So while I'm never one to all-out bandwagon, I guess this is as close as I'll come. I usually choose my favorite teams based on geography (if I lived there, have a close tie there family-wise, or the team is the closest to me distance-wise), but I feel a connection with everywhere between Oklahoma (current home) and SoCal, including Phoenix (ASU alum), so I figure that's good enough to claim the Coyotes. I haven't been an Avs fan since pre-lockout so I think enough time has passed to go with the Desert Dogs. Especially now that it sounds like they'll be staying.

Anyway, that's my story. I'm a new Coyotes fan officially as of April and I've had gear for years now. Go figure. But this run has made me consider a full change and now that that has happened I won't be going anywhere for awhile. And hopefully I'll be able to make some games next time I'm out that way. (Man I wish ASU/Coyotes would have gone in together on a new Wells Fargo like ASU is doing with the Cubs for a baseball stadium.) Glendale is just forever away from where I'm usually at when I'm in the Valley.

So, am I good?
Besides being a ASU fan, I'm glad you're here!

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I'm in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorbjorb View Post
i'm def hoppin on this band wagon!
Welcome all and enjoy what I hope is a much longer ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Give me like 24 hours to be angry with you, then I'll be jumping aboard
haha understandable, you need to mourn your team. Believe me, as a Coyotes fan we know all to well about the mourning process. Hope to see you on the wagon tomorrow.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:14 PM
OKCDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Besides being a ASU fan, I'm glad you're here!
Heh, I figured I'd either get a yay or nay at some point for mentioning that.

Old
05-08-2012, 08:24 PM
moosemeister

Quote:
Heh, I figured I'd either get a yay or nay at some point for mentioning that.
Got my support. Go devs!

moosemeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:14 PM
bennyprofane

Fully aboard the Yotes bandwagon now that the Flyers are out. I have always loved Shane Doan, and can't imagine what Yotes fans have been through the past few years.

bennyprofane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Canuckommunist

I'll grab an avatar later, but after reading about how the 'Yotes have pulled together as a team in spite of the ownership worries and difficulties getting face-time in the market, I can't help cheer for these guys. They're a great group, and you fans have gone through a lot these past few years too, it'd be great to see you get a chance at the cup.

As a bitter Canucks fan still a bit stung from losing to LA, you're my last hope in the West for revenge take it to 'em! And then take that cup home in the next round!

Canuckommunist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Looks like almost every Flyers fan is jumping on the Kings bandwagon calling the Kings "Flyers West" in the process.

However, it looks like almost every Sharks and Ducks Fan is on our Bandwagon.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:31 PM
OKHoosier41218

Quote:

So, am I good?
Another Oklahoma-based Coyote fan eh? Welcome! Its a pretty state, but I do miss Arizona...a lot...

OKHoosier41218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:53 PM
OKCDevil

I know of two others, so with you and me that makes four! Yeah, Oklahoma is a good place to be but I miss the Valley too. And even though it's hotter digit-wise in Phoenix, the summers in OKC are much worse IMO. High heat and oppressive humidity. Yuck.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
Im jumping on as the Flyers were eliminated tonight.

Justified is offline   Reply With Quote