Notices

Lame Day Thread: 7 Apr 2012 - Coyotes @ Wild - Fan Apology Night - 7PM - FSN+

Old
04-07-2012, 01:05 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

vCash: 500
Lame Day Thread: 7 Apr 2012 - Coyotes @ Wild - Fan Apology Night - 7PM - FSN+

PROGRAMMING UPDATE: The Twins will be on FSN, while the Wild will be on FSN+.

Last edited by llamapalooza: 04-07-2012 at 01:55 PM.
llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:08 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 50
Epic...but somehow I just know I'm gonna be pissed off before the night is over.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:10 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

For the love of god just lose this game in regulation. I've been begging for losses for weeks now and have yet to have my wish granted. We lost in Nashville but still got a point out of it. If we win this game and Tampa and Carolina lose their games in regulation I'm going to be pissed off beyond belief. Drafting 9th overall when we had a chance to draft 4th overall is ridiculous.

As for who to root for in the playoffs, I'll gladly jump on the Sharks bandwagon (I was going to anyways). However, because I don't believe the Sharks will be going very far this year, I'm rooting for the Flyers as well.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:15 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

I still think getting "pissed off" over a few draft positions is pretty pointless. I would never ask players to tank. Play to what they're worth and work with the results. The team isn't horrible... as we saw prior to all the injuries. With the talent coming in from the youth, and with a good offseason, this team is right back in the hunt.

BTW - I'm putting all of my 951 in vCash on the Wild to win.

TaLoN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:37 AM
SauceHockey
Retired

We already have a solid prospect pool and a 10th overall pick can never hurt

SauceHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 03:39 AM
Spawnisen
Believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdwe1 View Post
Still.. we have taken too much Losers points the last weeks, or won

Spawnisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 03:48 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdwe1 View Post
10th overall isn't possible. The worst we can do is 9th overall in this year's draft (unless a team in the 10-13 range wins the lottery).

Old
04-07-2012, 03:51 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

I'm confident we'll get a quality player that will be able to help the organization in a couple years (unless said player is packaged in a trade for a more immediate solution).

Old
04-07-2012, 03:54 AM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

vCash: 626
Phew, an end of this conflicting season. And end of an era, I hope. When season's over, how do I waste my life!? Suppose I'm jumping on the Preds and Peks bandwagon, but it's not the same. It's not cheering, more like following.

Before that - all in - one more time!

PS. Always look at the.. -song, makes me smile every time (inside, but still )!

W75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 04:58 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Which jersey to wear tonight? Wild or Sharks? Or should I wear the Sharks' t-shirt under the Wild jersey.

Kind of excited for this season to be over with and start fresh next year. Gonna finally move to new seats too! Haven't moved since the lockout.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 05:09 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Which jersey to wear tonight? Wild or Sharks? Or should I wear the Sharks' t-shirt under the Wild jersey.

Kind of excited for this season to be over with and start fresh next year. Gonna finally move to new seats too! Haven't moved since the lockout.
Oh you poor poor woman. I'll give you props for even keeping your season tickets through these last four years. My dad basically has to force me to go to a game, even though he'll pay for everything.

Old
04-07-2012, 05:13 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Oh you poor poor woman. I'll give you props for even keeping your season tickets through these last four years. My dad basically has to force me to go to a game, even though he'll pay for everything.
Had them since 2002. Not giving them up. Besides, you kind of develop a little family down there with other STH's that you meet over the years. Makes it more fun. If the game isn't going well, you head to the concourse to share a few laughs. Although I have missed quite a few games this year for various reasons.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 05:17 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

I had full season tickets from 03-10 then I been on a partial season pack since.

Old
04-07-2012, 05:53 AM
Avder
Global Moderator

If I could afford season tickets I would call the Wild and offer to pay a little extra if they give me a megaphone and let me shout at the team for a few minutes before we do the final sale.

Old
04-07-2012, 06:28 AM
Inub0i
For the Alliance!

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
I'm sorry to intrude, but can you play spoiler again? Please.

Regards
A Sharks fan

Inub0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 07:01 AM
Avder
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inub0i View Post

Regards
A Sharks fan
NO.

We need the 4th pick a lot more. I like the Sharks and they're my bandwagon team, but gotta go with whats in the best interest of the Wild in this last game of the season. Gotta lose for the chance to draft 4th.

Old
04-07-2012, 07:46 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inub0i View Post

Regards
A Sharks fan
in exchange for minnesota native justin braun

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 08:03 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
NO.

We need the 4th pick a lot more. I like the Sharks and they're my bandwagon team, but gotta go with whats in the best interest of the Wild in this last game of the season. Gotta lose for the chance to draft 4th.
Correction... HELL YES! I'm at the game tonight, and the Wild are undefeated when I'm there this season, and the Wild play GREAT in Home season finales!

It may take OT or Shootout for the win though.

Old
04-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Avder
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Correction... HELL YES! I'm at the game tonight, and the Wild are undefeated when I'm there this season, and the Wild play GREAT in Home season finales!

It may take OT or Shootout for the win though.
Tough cookies. I think Phoenix is finally going to be the team that takes us seriously since they get either the #3 seed and home ice or the 7/8 seed.

And if all goes well, the teams we need to win today to get us into 4th win again. And then there's still an elite forward on the board when we pick 4th.

Old
04-07-2012, 08:56 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Your scenario sounds like a broken record actually... every team we've beaten recently had incentive to take us down... The Wild are playing solid hockey and are showing they can compete with these teams.

Then, as I said, factor in the home season finale incentive for the Wild... last game of the year, and last for them to make the home crowd roar, they usually have extra jump.

Wild are going to win this one.

Old
04-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Avder
Global Moderator

Quote:
Your scenario sounds like a broken record actually... every team we've beaten recently had incentive to take us down... The Wild are playing solid hockey and are showing they can compete with these teams.

Then, as I said, factor in the home season finale incentive for the Wild... last game of the year, and last for them to make the home crowd roar, they usually have extra jump.

Wild are going to win this one.
I don't care if it sounds like a broken record. If the Wild lose tonight and we get into 4th it at least partially reduces my bitterness at this late draft-wrecking surge. Seriously I cannot even begin to tell you how bitter I am at the Wild for waiting until all hope of the postseason was lost to start winning games. Now the team gets praised nightly for sticking around and winning games? This is garbage time! Where was this fight when the games still meant something to a playoff run? As far as I am concerned this team is a bunch of losers and a final home loss is the only thing this team actually deserves.

Phoenix actually has a lot more incentive than any of our recent take downs. They either win and face the 6th seed at home in the playoffs, or they lose and end up visiting either Vancouver or St. Louis. And it's all decided in this one game for them. Those are some stark differences compared to Chicago and Nashville, or even Los Angeles and Florida. It's somewhat of a single elimination game for the Yotes and if they don't show up against us, tonight, they are going to be absolute dog meat in the playoffs and will probably get swept again.

Old
04-07-2012, 09:12 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

You need to learn that this is just sports, and 3-4 draft positions isn't the end of the world. There are much more important things in life!

Last season when we were a much worse team IMO, Dallas needed a win to get in. Plain and simple... and it happened to be the home season finale for the Wild. Big surprise... the Wild won, Chicago went to the playoffs instead of Dallas because of that one game.

Happens all the time.

Old
04-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Avder
Global Moderator

Quote:
You need to learn that this is just sports, and 3-4 draft positions isn't the end of the world. There are much more important things in life!
Oh certainly, but when life is a total train wreck and you turn to sports as a means of distracting yourself things get much more serious. Is it sad? Absolutely, but that's part of where I am, and I'm dealing with it. Of the many things in my life that I have no control over, complaining about the Wild is one of the few of those things I can actually devote time and energy to without actually raising my overall stress levels.

Weve been over this a million times. I've got my opinion, you've got yours. After this game this rift between tankers and nontankers can heel, so long as neither side rubs it in eithers face tonight after this game.

You're pulling for a garbage time win, I'm pulling for a loss and possibility of drafting 4th. How about we just leave it at that?

Old
04-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Avder
Global Moderator

Quote:
Last season when we were a much worse team IMO, Dallas needed a win to get in. Plain and simple... and it happened to be the home season finale for the Wild. Big surprise... the Wild won, Chicago went to the playoffs instead of Dallas because of that one game.

Happens all the time.
That's different. That's DALLAS, and were we playing them or any other team that I absolutely hate with a chance to actually deny them playoffs I would be saying to hell with the tank along with you. But Phoenix means nothing at this point. I was actually hoping that in this final week of the season we would come into this game with a draft position already locked up, and potentially with Phoenix on the elimination bubble so I could indeed cheer for a win and hope the Wild would play the role of true spoiler.

But that is not the case, so here we are.

Old
04-07-2012, 09:20 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

I'm pulling for a win... period. I don't care if it's garbage time or game 7 of the cup finals, I am a Wild fan who wants to watch the Wild win any game they play.

That's my perspective. I cannot root for a favorite team of mine to lose... ever.

THAT BEING SAID. I am also a realist, and know when a team is likely to lose. That's why I soooo wanted DR out of here. This Wild team keeps improving at the most basic levels both on the ice and off, and you can see they are so much better now than they were 3 years ago.

Realistically, the Wild have always shown fire in the home season finale. With the extreme highs and lows of this season, the Wild will definitely want to prove to the fans that there is reason to show up at the X next year. They will come out flying and the Yotes are simply going to lose.

That is my truly honest realistic opinion on the matter, it's not just that I hope it happens.