HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Ruff not happy with his core

Old
04-07-2012, 11:53 AM
rabi

vCash: 500
looks like a man fired up to lead Canada in the World Championships...

Good luck Nucks...lol!!!

rabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:54 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Imagine if you could trade FO staff...he'd be the best asset we have.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Paradigm

Quote:
The coach ended the long lesson brusquely and skated away to fire a puck off the goal post.
Yep, that about sums up our season

Last edited by Paradigm: 04-07-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Paradigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Royisgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
Yep, that about sums up our season
....and Lindy Ruff's NHL career.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:50 PM
heartsabres*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
To state the obvious, In hindsight it was Ruff's mistake for relying on that group in the first place.
That does not make sense, Regier brings the players in, Ruff coaches them.

heartsabres* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:53 PM
sabresfan129103

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
I would imagine Ruff has a significant say about which players are on his roster.

sabresfan129103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Why was Ruff not *****ing about his 'vets' not scoring during the terrible stretch in January. Nearly all our forwards did nothing, I also love how he doesn't point out the deficiencies in Leino's game. The guy is as bad as Boyes, yet I didn't hear a single peep out of Ruff about him. I don't care if he hustles, he doesn't produce, and he's being paid ****ing 4.5 million a year. We all get on Roy's case, and for good reason, but Leino is TERRIBLE. I pray to God that he can muster some kind of 50 point season next year, SOMEHOW, so we can unload this guy for ANYTHING.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Squantosawuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlonce View Post
Yes he is. I'm tired of listening to Hamilton's company line. He Parrots everything said by Ruff and management, never offers up correct criticism where it is most notably needed.

Hamilton severely criticized Ilya Kovalchuck for his
lazy defensive play a couple years ago. Now where do you think he heard that from? Darcy Reiger and Ruff of course. Fans where clamoring for a guy , a real goal scorer like him and their response is to send Hamilton on the airwaves to hammer the guy.

He's like the broadcasting crew when it comes to Miller. It's never Millers fault on a goal, it's always a screen or a deflection or Rob Ray blaming a forward/defenseman for not "taking a man" out of a play(as though Ray actually did any of that). It's never a soft goal or pointing blame towards who is most at fault. They build up who they want and demolish players they want, like Vanek. It serves a purpose, a self centered agenda.

It's the company line all the way and it's tiring as a fan.
Wow. You are WRONG repeatedly in this post.

Hamilton often offers SCATHING criticisms of the Sabres---sometimes so brutal, I cannot imagine how he returns to their locker room after it. I'm amazed at what you wrote. He is one of the few people I enjoy listening to because he rarely pulls punches.

Even when they were leading in games, but playing sloppy, he'd call them out on that---while Kevin "Homer" Sylvester NEVER says a cross word.

To say he just delivers the company line tells me you haven't heard much of him.

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Moonrock77

It's very simple, he said it now not because he's some manipulative chess player, but because that is how he feels right now. And he's right.

Look, a lot of the core is *****. We will never win a Stanley Cup with the following players as very important cogs in the core: Drew Stafford, Thomas Vanek, Derek Roy. They have the wrong mentality.

Miller is locked in mentally. Pominville entered another plane of existence this season and I believe it is permanent. Gaustad should have stayed but he was the odd man out, pure business/depth chart decision.

Say what you want about Leino but he is not the "core". That family in the locker room. Leino does not have the say in the locker room that Derek Roy has. Thus when Roy plays like crap all season it will have a stronger effect on the team than if Leino plays like crap all year.

Vanek is weak. He let personal relationships and feeling get in the way of winning. And what's worse is that he did it when the team needed him most. I always knew that he should NEVER be captain material, and I think I'm still right.

Stafford seems to be a very passive personality on the ice. He will never take charge or put in that extra gear without an outside force influencing him. If he wins a Cup, it will be because he was a 3rd liner on that team.

Roy has his head up his ass in a similar manner that Connolly did. Say these words and tell me if they sound weird: Derek Roy - Very Important Player on Stanley Cup Winning Team. You've watched him for years, now tell me those words don't sound like a sacrilege. I believe you can say those words for Pominville, Miller, Regehr (despite everyone hating him recently), and Hecht.

I believe those are the first 3 "major" players that need to be replaced this offseason. They will never win us a cup, despite who is coach or GM. Ruff knows this, he's smarter and more experience than any of the guys on the team. I trust what he has to say. Who cares when he said it. Who cares when he called them out. He wasn't going to do it during a winning streak. Now is as good a time as ever. Time to drop the deadwood, and stop living in the past.

Let's get guys with talent....but also have their heads on right. And want one thing more than anything else, a Cup.

Moonrock77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrock77 View Post
Vanek is weak. He let personal relationships and feeling get in the way of winning.
lolwut

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Moonrock77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
lolwut
Do you have a rebuttal?

Old
04-07-2012, 02:55 PM
JPurp26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
I would imagine Ruff has a significant say about which players are on his roster.
Not fully true. Obviously to some extent but he would say I need more speed or a specific trait and then regier would be in charge of getting him what he asks

JPurp26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:57 PM
DixonWard15

OUR CORE IS SOLID

STANLEY CUP NEXT YEAR

DixonWard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 03:01 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Do you have a rebuttal?
Yea, prove it. Link? Source? Or are you throwing bleep against the wall?

ZZamboni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Moonrock77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Yea, prove it. Link? Source? Or are you throwing bleep against the wall?
I don't have a source or link for my gut feeling. If you can't accept that then my post was clearly not intended for you.

Old
04-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Do you have a rebuttal?
I just want to know what you're even talking about. Personal relationships getting in the way? Huh?

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Flophound

Quote:
Regier didn't slap A's on losers like Roy, Vanek, and Stafford or make them rotating captains when that nonsense was still going on.

Flophound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 03:52 PM
murdoq

Quote:
It's very simple, he said it now not because he's some manipulative chess player, but because that is how he feels right now. And he's right.

Look, a lot of the core is *****. We will never win a Stanley Cup with the following players as very important cogs in the core: Drew Stafford, Thomas Vanek, Derek Roy. They have the wrong mentality.

Miller is locked in mentally. Pominville entered another plane of existence this season and I believe it is permanent. Gaustad should have stayed but he was the odd man out, pure business/depth chart decision.

Say what you want about Leino but he is not the "core". That family in the locker room. Leino does not have the say in the locker room that Derek Roy has. Thus when Roy plays like crap all season it will have a stronger effect on the team than if Leino plays like crap all year.

Vanek is weak. He let personal relationships and feeling get in the way of winning. And what's worse is that he did it when the team needed him most. I always knew that he should NEVER be captain material, and I think I'm still right.

Stafford seems to be a very passive personality on the ice. He will never take charge or put in that extra gear without an outside force influencing him. If he wins a Cup, it will be because he was a 3rd liner on that team.

Roy has his head up his ass in a similar manner that Connolly did. Say these words and tell me if they sound weird: Derek Roy - Very Important Player on Stanley Cup Winning Team. You've watched him for years, now tell me those words don't sound like a sacrilege. I believe you can say those words for Pominville, Miller, Regehr (despite everyone hating him recently), and Hecht.

I believe those are the first 3 "major" players that need to be replaced this offseason. They will never win us a cup, despite who is coach or GM. Ruff knows this, he's smarter and more experience than any of the guys on the team. I trust what he has to say. Who cares when he said it. Who cares when he called them out. He wasn't going to do it during a winning streak. Now is as good a time as ever. Time to drop the deadwood, and stop living in the past.

Let's get guys with talent....but also have their heads on right. And want one thing more than anything else, a Cup.
bolded is just wrong for vanek. in our last two playoffs he had 7 goals in 10 games while always facing the opponents top defenders. he is the only real goal scoring threat this team has had in the playoffs.

murdoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 03:57 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
I don't have a source or link for my gut feeling. If you can't accept that then my post was clearly not intended for you.
Ohhhh, your gut feeling. For a second there I thought what you wrote was factual. It's just your opinion. Well my opinion is ... Vanek has been playing hurt. That's probably getting in the way of contributing the way every Sabres fan with eyes knows he can do.

ZZamboni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Moonrock77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Ohhhh, your gut feeling. For a second there I thought what you wrote was factual. It's just your opinion. Well my opinion is ... Vanek has been playing hurt. That's probably getting in the way of contributing the way every Sabres fan with eyes knows he can do.
I clearly offended you with my differing opinion. Please feel free to ignore my posts in the future.

Old
04-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Ruff is a joke. Honestly.... how immature can you get? Tell this to Darcy and Pegula, not the media.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 05:37 PM
bobbyorrrrr

Quote:
I clearly offended you with my differing opinion. Please feel free to ignore my posts in the future.
He's not offended he is simply offering his rebuttal, which you asked for. His rebuttal is that you have zero facts for a gut reaction based on watching games. Which would tell you little about Vanek's personal relationships and why he is not a winner. Now its your turn to explain to him why he is wrong, not to say he should ignore you from now on. That's how debates work.

bobbyorrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 05:43 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Lindy Ruff rants : " WHAAAAA LINDY CAN'T CALL OUT HIS PLAYERS HE MUST GO!!!"

Lindy Ruff doesn't rant : " WHAAAAA LINDY DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH PASSION HE MUST GO!!!"

99% of you guys couldn't coach a one night a week bar league, but you're going to tell us what an NHL coach should or should not say?

Cool story.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 05:48 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
99% of you guys couldn't coach a one night a week bar league, but you're going to tell us what an NHL coach should or should not say?
The only people allowed to reply to this thread from now on are NHL coaches.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 05:48 PM
joshjull

Quote:
and you miss points being made.

The post you quoted is tied in with my post right before it. The one where I said Ruff handed the team over to Pommer, Vanek, Roy, Stafford and Goose. I was talking about Ruff's decision to make them the leadership core by giving them all a letter. That has nothing to do with Regier.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote