HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How high do ticket prices need to go before..

Old
04-08-2012, 12:24 AM
darrylsittler27

vCash: 500
How high do ticket prices need to go before..

Leaf fans have had enough?Im guessing another rise next year to cover another year of no playoffs,Burke's salary and to buyout Lack plus support the other teams in the playoffs.Would $1500 stop em?Why not make popcorn $45 per small bag,$25 per beer and $2000 per month parking?If they did that,it would help support the rest of the NHL.

darrylsittler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 08:44 AM
deuce457

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
Leaf fans have had enough?Im guessing another rise next year to cover another year of no playoffs,Burke's salary and to buyout Lack plus support the other teams in the playoffs.Would $1500 stop em?Why not make popcorn $45 per small bag,$25 per beer and $2000 per month parking?If they did that,it would help support the rest of the NHL.
Im shocked people are going now and spending $200 on a ticket to sit in the golds or reds. Going to a leafs game is absolutely the worst value for your money.

deuce457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 08:49 AM
MorriPage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce457 View Post
Im shocked people are going now and spending $200 on a ticket to sit in the golds or reds. Going to a leafs game is absolutely the worst value for your money.
Not counting burning, flushing, eating, or otherwise destroying it.

MorriPage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
I thought Beer already was $25.

Woodman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:20 AM
BLONG7

Honestly guys, supply vs demand...it's the way it works...

That being said, koolaid always seems to be on sale in the GTA...go figure...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman19 View Post
I thought Beer already was $25.
It's close. And I wouldn't be surprised to see tickets being 1500 a pop easily if the Leafs ever make it to the ECF or more.

04-08-2012, 09:32 AM
EazyB97

Quote:
If you don't have the money, don't go. Tickets are available and they start out in the $45 range.

EazyB97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Deebo

Beers aren't $25.

The ticket prices arent going up next season:

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/21...s-not-changing

I'm pretty sure the prices have been the same since 2009-2010.

Deebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Deebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce457 View Post
For many people, $200 means nothing.

Old
04-08-2012, 09:54 AM
RonTextall

Send a message via Skype™ to RonTextall
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
If you don't have the money, don't go. Tickets are available and they start out in the $45 range.
Sounds like something one of the sushi eaters in the platinums who sees about 20 minutes of a 60-minute hockey game would say. When did a Leafs game become something you had to be rich to have the privilege of attending?

RonTextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:00 AM
EazyB97

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTextall View Post
Sounds like something one of the sushi eaters in the platinums who sees about 20 minutes of a 60-minute hockey game would say. When did a Leafs game become something you had to be rich to have the privilege of attending?
Upper Bowl season ticket holder, but close. I paid more to see the Bruins @ Sabres than I do to see the Leafs play.

It's about knowing when/where to buy tickets and waiting until you find something in your price range. When your buying tickets to a professional sporting event in a big market, you should expect there to be some demand for tickets which means you are going to pay a decent amount to attend.

Old
04-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Deebo

Quote:
Sounds like something one of the sushi eaters in the platinums who sees about 20 minutes of a 60-minute hockey game would say.
This sounds like something someone who is bitter that they can't afford to go to game would say.

Old
04-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
It's the fact that theyre charging you so much for a **** product that has me scared...How much will prices go up after we actually start winning?

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:12 AM
EazyB97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
It's the fact that theyre charging you so much for a **** product that has me scared...How much will prices go up after we actually start winning?
The poor on-ice results is the main reason we haven't seen major price increases even though MLSE could "get away" with it. Once the team starts winning you'll see price increases on a more consistent basis.

Old
04-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
I read that the Goernmentt is discussing eliminating tax deductions for hockey tickets etc... if that happens, prices would have to drop IMO. "the suits" will pay premium bc it's company money and it drives prices.

Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:19 AM
birddog*

They are a tax write-off. That's why business' buy club seats so the fod and drink is included and they can write that off too.

There was a possibility that the government will remove the write-off for businesses. If they do tickets prices will drop and the crowd at the games will change.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Deebo

I don't think the removal of a tax deduction will change the ticket prices all that much.

Old
04-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Joey Hoser

Quote:
Sounds like something a child with no concept of supply and demand would say.

Like seriously, how in the **** can you expect them to have lower prices when people will pay what they are charging? It's so mind boggling stupid. When do you see this behavior in other businesses? The fact that you are a "fan" of their product doesn't entitle you to receive it for less than market value.

And I am one of those people who can't justify the expenditure of going to more than a game or two a year in the nosebleeds if at all, I'm just not an idiot and I understand how these things work.

Joey Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
Beer prices really aren't that unreasonable in relation to other things linked to the hockey team.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:38 AM
GardinerExpressway

Removal of the tax deduction will absolutely not lower ticket prices. For every firm that owns seats there's another 10 salivating to buy them. It's an exclusive experience whether the leafs are winning of not and that's what holds the irreplaceable value.

GardinerExpressway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Prophet Kadri

I heard MLSE is asking for your first born son to renew season's tickets.

They should make gold-plat tickets $20,000 at the box office to see how many idiots would go.

Prophet Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:43 AM
GardinerExpressway

If you honestly have a problem with the price, do what I've done for years and organise a road trip. I'll fly to FLA or CAL, rent a car and drive between games that cost a fraction of the price to sit in sweet seats. You end up with an incredible experience both at the games (win or lose) and as a general vacation to boot!

Cali is my favourite. You get an additional game and the drive/state is cooler/more beautiful overall.

GardinerExpressway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

The teams poor on ice performance is actually keeping ticket prices in check. They're still said to be the highest prices in the NHL however.

The reason that ownership have a great desire for management to deliver success on the ice, is to allow them to increase ticket prices which increases revenue, even in the regular season to create greater profit levels.

Winning breeds success on the ice and in the pocket books of those setting the prices based on the laws of supply and demand.

04-08-2012, 11:41 AM
ACC1224
Steelers 2 - 1

Tickets in my section were discounted coming out of the lockout and haven't been raised since.

Seems like the ones without the Tickets are the ones always complaining about the cost.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
It's close. And I wouldn't be surprised to see tickets being 1500 a pop easily if the Leafs ever make it to the ECF or more.
Replace ECF with "playoffs" and you're right. At this rate MLSE is going to hype up the 8th seed like its the playoffs and Toronto fans are going to eat it up and dish out tons of dosh. They'll probably sell special Leaf jerseys like Vancouver did during the SCF

Also here's the average (only place I could find the whole chart easily)

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/stars...-ticket-in-nhl

Top 5

Toronto 123.77$
Winnipeg 98.27$
Montreal 88.67$
Edmonton 70.13$
Vancouver 68.38$

Toronto is paying nearly twice as much as the Stanley Cup Final team from last year. That's insane.

Last edited by Edgeworth*: 04-08-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote