Notices

Bruins vs. Caps ECQF

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2012, 11:51 PM
DJENTLEMAN
Lost My Avatar Bet

vCash: 500
If the Bruins could handle the Canucks, I think they'll be able to shutdown the Capitals. Regardless, it's going to be a fun series.

The Senators falling to 8th could be a blessing in disguise for the Bruins (see the Rangers vs. Senators series totals this year).

Old
04-07-2012, 11:53 PM
KrazyLegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketdan9 View Post
i'm not. thats why i stated we win. But if you think we will win this in 4 or 5, you are mistaken. Caps were one of the hottest teams in the 2nd half.

Plus its a team we never really faced last year in the playoffs. Very physical and grinding team like us.
Yeah...but they really weren't. They were 22-17-2 in the 1st half w/ 46 points and 20-15-6 in the 2nd half with 46 points.

Add their OT losses to their loss total, and they're a .500 hockey team...and they've been that the entire season (except for a hot 7-0 start).

Old
04-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Sam the Lion
**** the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Caps' record not reflective of their team. They just got backstrom and guys back.
Mind is blown.
Thanks for coming by with the insider 411.

Old
04-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbert Grady View Post
Mind is blown.
Thanks for coming by with the insider 411.
lmao

Old
04-07-2012, 11:58 PM
GloveSave1
- 1 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston BROin View Post
I've got a bad feeling about this. Bruins struggle with teams like this.
I do too. Going to be tough. The Bruins make shaky young goal-tending look strong. Caps have firepower to outproduce our shaky scoring output. WASH will be ready to step up at some point, and if they get off to a good start, I worry we get run over by a giddy/flying high team. Here's to hoping we can shut down their top players like we did to VAN last year. That would be critical.

Ehh, it all comes down to Tim. Just like last year. Hopefully he'll be a wall...then we can win our playoff games 2-1, 3-2...As I think we'll have to...

When it comes down to it...I believe in Tim. Bruins in 7 games (it's what we do ). Tight games/series...as they all will have to be.

I figured we'd get OTT...and was psyched...Oh well. Disappointing.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:01 AM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

they have the most firepower in the east and Holtby is far from chopped liver. those who think it'll be easy are sadly mistaken. Ovechkin is the best statistical playoff performer in the league...and top 4 all time to only Gretzky, Mario, and Barry pederson

Old
04-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Cusick-n-Sanderson

the only thing I like about this scenario is the potential situation of the B's beating the Caps and Ottawa upsetting the Rangers, so we get the Sens in round 2.

Other than that, I am pissed at Ottawa for blowing the 7th spot. A Caps series doesn't "scare" me but it doesn't make me happy.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Zdeno33Lucic

vCash: 4114
Boston beats wash

Ott beats nyr

We play ott in 2nd round

Isnt that better for us than first round

Old
04-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
Boston beats wash

Ott beats nyr

We play ott in 2nd round

Isnt that better for us than first round
And Florida in round 3!!

Old
04-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Bone for your jar

Two things should give us pause:

1. This Caps team matches up physically with the B's in a way no team in the last playoffs did.

2. Ovechkin is an offensive beast quite unlike any the B's have had to face in recent playoff history. They simply haven't had to face a player with as explosive a combination of skill and power.

The Caps do have their vulnerabilities of course, and I do think if the B's play well (i.e., play more like December than January), they can exploit those, but given the two points I noted, it will not come easy.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Soderberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
they have the most firepower in the east and Holtby is far from chopped liver. those who think it'll be easy are sadly mistaken. Ovechkin is the best statistical playoff performer in the league...and top 4 all time to only Gretzky, Mario, and Barry pederson
Chara will be on him like white on rice. Ovechkin is a bit dirty, so play him dirty back.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Frankie4seven

I put a post on the Caps board and was ridiculed, these people are absolute morons as fans, they literally have no idea what they are talking about. Apparently the Bruins are a pack of goons and Carlson and Alzner are both #1 defenceman lol. Honestly I hate the matchup but still ruins in 5 or 6.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:40 AM
du5566*

I am not overly worried about the caps or Ovechkin, if the Bruins play their game they should be able to handle them pretty easily.

On a side note I have family/friends who live in the DC area and they say the majority of cap fans are new to hockey and/or OV fan boys. Very obnoxious and think the hockey world revolves around the great 8 who in their eyes is the greatest hockey player ever. Haha, at least that's what they tell me.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Sam the Lion
**** the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie4seven View Post
I put a post on the Caps board and was ridiculed . . .

Old
04-08-2012, 12:49 AM
gillesgilbert

Washington doesn't scare me at all.I am sure they will score some goals but they will give up a lot of goals.I haven't seen much of Washington this year but they are nowhere near as good as the B's defensively.The Caps can play like a bunch of kids in their own zone.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Frankie4seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbert Grady View Post

Honestly, at least Habs fans are real hockey fans. These idiots are absolute morons and know absolutely nothing about the sport of hockey. All they know is Mr superstar Alex Ovechkin which as a Bruins fan I actually like as a player, because he is physical and hits. But having said that Caps fans are too stupid to realize an all around game and only focus how he only scored 37 goals this year instead of 50. I love Ovi's game but I think Chara is that good to shut him doen as well as Bergeron and Kelly shutting down Semin and Backstrom on the offensive end. Bruins in 5!

Old
04-08-2012, 12:56 AM
NinthSpoke06

vCash: 50
After reading the Caps thread on this, they are cocky as **** and have no problem throwing insults around easily.

Before reading that I thought Bruins in 7. **** that, **** them. Bruins are going to roll. We are going to go all Sergei Bobrovsky on Braden Holtby.

Old
04-08-2012, 01:30 AM
BruinsFanMike82

I haven't fully looked at the Capitals stats against the Bruins yet, but here are a few interesting stats from the (mostly) Bruins' side of the season series (and yes, everyone knows that the regular season means absolutely nothing.)

Both teams scored 12 goals each in the season series.

Neither team's PP was very effective. The Bruins went 1 for 8 (13%) while the Capitals went 1 for 6 (17%)

Thomas' save percentage was .921. The Bruins did not face Holtby this season. Vokoun and Neuvirth's availability is still undetermined, but they posted .911 and .905 save percentages respectively against the Bruins this season.

Bergeron and Marchand both had 5 points in 4 games. Bergeron was a +5 and Marchand scored 3 goals.

Bergeron, Krejci and Peverley all performed well at the faceoff dot winning a combined 64% of their draws.

Kelly and Campbell combined to win only 44% of their faceoffs.

If Ference and Boychuk are indeed paired together against the Capitals, they may have a pretty big impact. They were the only PLUS Bruins defensemen against the Capitals this year. They were a combined +5 and each scored a goal.

I believe Caron might be the better option over Paille. Caron played fairly well in 3 games against the Capitals, while Paille was a -3 in only 2 games.

So, there are just some rambling facts from the season series with the focus mostly being on the Bruins.

Old
04-08-2012, 01:36 AM
JOKER 192

it's gonna be crazy just getting out of the confrence ,like after we beat the caps we're prolly looking at pittsburg or philly ,this is gonna be even thougher than last year .

Old
04-08-2012, 01:36 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Why is this a worse matchup then Ottawa? Anderson is better then who Washington can roll out. Alfie/Spezza/Michalek are just as good as Wash big three.... Ottawa's defense is better...and they HIT ALL NIGHT (:lonnieface ..... You want a series of Greening, Smith, Neil (if healthy), Foligno, and Condra running you every game? Not me.

Confidence folks, confidence.
what scares me is way refs been givin it to Bruins all yr,I expect more in playoffs and that plays into caps hand bigtime,They only have chance they get lots PP,s

Old
04-08-2012, 01:37 AM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Hurray we still get go be frenids! /drunk sens fan

Old
04-08-2012, 01:47 AM
DJENTLEMAN
Lost My Avatar Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
Hurray we still get go be frenids! /drunk sens fan
Hoping that your team takes out the Rangers. Then we can be friends .

Old
04-08-2012, 01:54 AM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Any word on when game 1 is yet? I know the schedule will be released soon, but I'm getting antsy. If it's Wed, I can't go, if it's Thursday I'm there!

Old
04-08-2012, 01:54 AM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie4seven View Post
Honestly, at least Habs fans are real hockey fans. These idiots are absolute morons and know absolutely nothing about the sport of hockey. All they know is Mr superstar Alex Ovechkin which as a Bruins fan I actually like as a player, because he is physical and hits. But having said that Caps fans are too stupid to realize an all around game and only focus how he only scored 37 goals this year instead of 50. I love Ovi's game but I think Chara is that good to shut him doen as well as Bergeron and Kelly shutting down Semin and Backstrom on the offensive end. Bruins in 5!
Yeah I just went over there and they acted so douchey

Would love to kick their *****, but lets not stoop to that level of being ***** if they want to post here

Old
04-08-2012, 01:55 AM
David71

what would be the opening lineup for the bruins in game 1? expect any injured guys coming in? not counting the guys that could be on injured reserve though.

Closed Thread