HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes: 2011-2012 PACIFIC DIVISION CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-08-2012, 08:21 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
Is that the song they've had for a couple years now? Uh.. I hate that song so much. Listening to it, I feel I'm tied to the end of string and some kid is swinging the thing over his head like a lasso, going around.. and around.. and around... and around... and around....
I hadn't ever thought of it that way but that's the perfect description of that song!

I haven't heard a better comparison since one of my students said his teacher talked like scooby doo with a mouthful of peanut butter!

Last edited by TickleMeYandle: 04-08-2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Fixed autocorrect
TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 08:31 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
Is that the song they've had for a couple years now? Uh.. I hate that song so much. Listening to it, I feel I'm tied to the end of string and some kid is swinging the thing over his head like a lasso, going around.. and around.. and around... and around... and around....
Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
I hadn't ever thought of it that way but that's the perfect description of that song!

I haven't heard a better comparison since one of my students said his teacher talked like scoot doo with a mouthful of peanut butter!

O23L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowevelski View Post
Good luck! I hope Smith shuts the door in every game because I cannot stand to listen to the Hawks goal song "Chelsea Dagger"
There's a lot worse, no?!

That said, not hearing it being played is certainly preferable if you're a Yotes fan.

Matzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:13 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

This was on the main board. Look what the Winnipeg media is up to.

Old
04-08-2012, 10:56 PM
coyote_slash
#WeThePeople

Even though I do a lot more lurking around here than posting, I wanted to give a sincere ďthank-youĒ to all the fans in and around Arizona who make it out to the arena as much as they can to back the team. Since Iím half-way across the country and canít get there to show my support, Iím glad there are so many others who can. This team has followers all over the world, and while I canít speak for all of them, Iím sure a great majority appreciate all that you guys do down there. This Division Title belongs to you. So thanks again and hereís to a great playoff season.

Oh, and I had to steal this avatar because it cracked me up!

coyote_slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Looking at the videos cilps more and listening to Shane Doan speak, it did appear that over 1500 did show up at the airport to greet the team as they got back into town.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Mr Pukhead
Where's my ambulance

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Damn lurkers. Post more.

So happy for the team and the fans. Not sure what this feeling is, but I'm digging it!

Mr Pukhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 05:44 PM
XX
Lots of Try

36 guests on the forum, 7 alone in this thread. If you are a fan of the team, register and start posting. We need all the support we can get!

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
Dang, the ratings will be terrible locally! FSN still gets this series and the Dbacks are on the regular FSN while a freaking first round playoff series against the Chicago Blackhawks will be on FSN+.....It will be blacked out on the NBC channels so the casual fan will still have to seek out this team. Blows my freaking mind!

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Dang, the ratings will be terrible locally! FSN still gets this series and the Dbacks are on the regular FSN while a freaking first round playoff series against the Chicago Blackhawks will be on FSN+.....It will be blacked out on the NBC channels so the casual fan will still have to seek out this team. Blows my freaking mind!
Sounds no different then when we were facing Detroit, no? If anything FSN + was added lated in the 09-10 se more Coyotes games can be shown during the DBacks brodcasts.

Old
04-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Sounds no different then when we were facing Detroit, no? If anything FSN + was added lated in the 09-10 se more Coyotes games can be shown during the DBacks brodcasts.
It annoys me because FSN, in the last week, has had issues on Cox for Bluejackets game and issues on Dish for the Wild game. Not totally their fault but FSN+ is not a well known channel IMHO; not compared to the national broadcast that will be on NBC Sports. But I am going to the games so I don't really care; I just know high ratings leads to more local coverage.

Old
04-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Mr Pukhead
Where's my ambulance

Quote:
Even more problomatic is I've seen many reports of Cox subscribers not being able to view the FS+ games!

Old
04-09-2012, 06:01 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pukhead View Post
Even more problomatic is I've seen many reports of Cox subscribers not being able to view the FS+ games!
if you have an HD subscription then there isn't any issues.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Mr Pukhead
Where's my ambulance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
Good to hear. Everything has been quite good on DirecTV this year other than SD only on the Minny game.

Old
04-09-2012, 06:09 PM
pfp

Quote:
WHAT!
It will be blacked out on the NBC channel?
****!
Got screwed by DirecTV on the Minn game with no HD. The game looked about 1/2 step better than the free streams in SD.

pfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
I have almost every package on Cox and had to watch the Bluejackets game online because FSN+ was down. So annoying to see the dreaded "FSN is off the Air" message on both the HD and SD channels last week. Almost yelled some bad words with the windows open! FSN blamed Cox but when it also happened to Dish customers on Saturday, I have to question who's fault it really was.

Was it a conspiracy by the haters?

Old
04-09-2012, 06:20 PM
krepitch
Coyote Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfp View Post
WHAT!
It will be blacked out on the NBC channel?
****!
Got screwed by DirecTV on the Minn game with no HD. The game looked about 1/2 step better than the free streams in SD.
Why is it blacked out? Is the NHL rule the same as the NFL rule regarding sellouts?

krepitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:26 PM
pds888

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
36 guests on the forum, 7 alone in this thread. If you are a fan of the team, register and start posting. We need all the support we can get!
You shamed me into it haha alright well I'm ready to support these boys for the playoffs will be there for game 1!!! Lets go YOTESSS!!

pds888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pds888 View Post
You shamed me into it haha alright well I'm ready to support these boys for the playoffs will be there for game 1!!! Lets go YOTESSS!!
Welcome and please grab a playoff avatar.

Old
04-09-2012, 06:31 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pds888 View Post

Old
04-09-2012, 06:35 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Welcome and please grab a playoff avatar.
Where's yours?!

foxsportsarizona.com is showing just Fox Sports Arizona, doesn't say anything about AZ+. I tweeted them about it, and they are pretty good at responding to questions.

It's a joke if it's on +, it's a damn playoff game.

awfulwaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:36 PM
yotes1984
Rookie User

Just signed up. I've been a fan since they moved here in 96 (10 years old at the time). Just bought tickets for game 2, it will be my birthday on Saturday...looking forward to a great night!! Thanks for having me, boys (and girls).

yotes1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Mr Pukhead
Where's my ambulance

Quote:
Originally Posted by krepitch View Post
Why is it blacked out? Is the NHL rule the same as the NFL rule regarding sellouts?
I believe that FSN owns the local broadcast rights for the Coyotes and the carriers will respect that. Out of market shouldn't be affected as far as I understand it.

Old
pfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by krepitch View Post
I don't know - I was questioning if it would be blacked out. The home games don't matter so much for me since I'll be at the game, although i usually like to record them to o in case i miss something. It's the away games I'm really concerned about.

pfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Naurutger
Free Max!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
It's a joke if it's on +, it's a damn playoff game.
Matt Mcconnell was on 1060am about an hour ago and said that it would be...I clinched my fist into that air after hearing that. But he said they would have a full hour devoted to their pregame show.

Contractually I think they have to keep the Dbacks on FSN but they need to realize how bad ratings are on FSN+