HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Thank God It's Over (The Official Offseason Talk Thread)

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
You need to take a chill pill and relax this offseason. It's a game. It's one thing to get angry (which we are allowed to do), but it's another thing to blow a blood vessel over every little thing every day. You better prepare yourself now for no Parise or Suter, cuz that's what is going to happen. And yet, the sky isn't going to fall.

Not trying to be a b****, but I'm concerned. It's been a rough season, and we still have a hill to climb. And if you can't find any happiness in the game, then you need to take a step back. Getting this frustrated isn't worth it to your health.
Stop worrying about me. I know its a game. And I know it's unlikely we get even one of Parise or Suter. I'm already prepared for the worst case scnario, because thats what I am expecting.

But I reserve the right to complain about it. Because I care. And if I ever stop caring then a part of me dies.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

vCash: 500
The offseason and upcoming season will really determine the direction that this team goes in for a long time IMO. So many possible changes could happen that it's hard to judge anything yet.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:17 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Stop worrying about me. I know its a game. And I know it's unlikely we get even one of Parise or Suter. I'm already prepared for the worst case scnario, because thats what I am expecting.

But I reserve the right to complain about it. Because I care. And if I ever stop caring then a part of me dies.
Even so... I think some time away from this bunch of losers will do us all a little good.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:18 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Even so... I think some time away from this bunch of losers will do us all a little good.
Losers? Who? Us? Or the team?

Quote:

We all have the right, and it's because we do care. But I've never seen someone take it to such an extreme before. I'm not happy with this season..miserable actually, but I've still found some reasons to laugh and enjoy the sport itself.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Well thats what the playoffs are for.

Quote:
We all have the right, and it's because we do care. But I've never seen someone take it to such an extreme before. I'm not happy with this season..miserable actually, but I've still found some reasons to laugh and enjoy the sport itself.
I peaked in anger about losing after the Eddy Xmas Disaster and the 2nd Columbus game in a week, and then I peaked in anger over winning during...I forget which game.

And I'm more bitter than angry at this point. I didn't know I was being watched with such a discerning eye.

But honestly after the way this season went, with the rising hope that ended up being completely false, and the terrible officiating, the non suspensions for one dirty hit after another, the blow outs, the endless bad losses, and now a blown chance at a top draft pick...can you actually blame me for being mad?

Old
04-08-2012, 12:27 AM
pbunder

For a while i was with avder in my complete angry disbelief at what this team had turned out to be this season... until i remember my preseason expectations. I was expecting a fairly ugly season.

now, that being said - i had much higher hopes for latendresse this season. i really felt like he was finally going to be something. scandella turned out nicely though. overall, about what i expected. now i'm going to root for david backes and the blues. good old MNSU boy.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:28 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Well thats what the playoffs are for.

I peaked in anger about losing after the Eddy Xmas Disaster and the 2nd Columbus game in a week, and then I peaked in anger over winning during...I forget which game.

And I'm more bitter than angry at this point. I didn't know I was being watched with such a discerning eye.

But honestly after the way this season went, with the rising hope that ended up being completely false, and the terrible officiating, the non suspensions for one dirty hit after another, the blow outs, the endless bad losses, and now a blown chance at a top draft pick...can you actually blame me for being mad?
No. It's why we're all mad. You aren't alone. Trust me. I know....I sound like a concerned mother. Being a fan though, there's gotta be something that you enjoy even when the team is turning your hair grey. Otherwise, what's the point of being a fan? And I say this as one the moodiest, most critical crabsters on here. Zucker saved the end of the year for me. That was fun.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
No. It's why we're all mad. You aren't alone. Trust me. I know....I sound like a concerned mother. Being a fan though, there's gotta be something that you enjoy even when the team is turning your hair grey. Otherwise, what's the point of being a fan? Zucker saved the end of the year for me. That was fun.
Honestly? The wacky antics and sense of community here in this forum are what kept me from going completely over the wall. The Moose GDTs were legendary. That week where we had like 6 people with tilted variatons of the same avatar were hilarious. I channeled some of my frustrations into some pretty good GDTs and I'm hoping to work on getting those skills elevated this summer, as well as coming up with some ideas for next years GDTs.

And I learned a lot just hanging around and reading threads in the enormous amount of spare time I find myself with these days. I'm trying to grow as a hockey fan as well.

If I lived closer to The Cities I'd propose we all meet up for a beer or something sometime to celebrate being free of this team for a few months while the playoffs run their course.

And if you're feeling like a concerned mother I'm sure there are lots of people who could use a hug after this massive brain hemorrhage of a season.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:39 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Honestly? The wacky antics and sense of community here in this forum are what kept me from going completely over the wall. The Moose GDTs were legendary. That week where we had like 6 people with tilted variatons of the same avatar were hilarious. I channeled some of my frustrations into some pretty good GDTs and I'm hoping to work on getting those skills elevated this summer, as well as coming up with some ideas for next years GDTs.

And I learned a lot just hanging around and reading threads in the enormous amount of spare time I find myself with these days. I'm trying to grow as a hockey fan as well.

If I lived closer to The Cities I'd propose we all meet up for a beer or something sometime to celebrate being free of this team for a few months while the playoffs run their course.

And if you're feeling like a concerned mother I'm sure there are lots of people who could use a hug after this massive brain hemorrhage of a season.
I was hugged enough at the Xcel tonight, but that's a whole other story.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:39 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Losers? Who? Us? Or the team?
Sorry, let me make that clearer for you:

Old
04-08-2012, 12:41 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:

You can't be a loser and #$@!ing All-Star at the same time!

Old
04-08-2012, 12:43 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
You can't be a loser and #$@!ing All-Star at the same time!
But Nick Johnson isn't in that picture!

Old
04-08-2012, 12:45 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
But Nick Johnson isn't in that picture!
Are you dissing the turtleneck? You can't be dissing the TURTLENECK!!!

You know who reminds me of us this season?

Old
04-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Yea. We don't like any turtleneck hate crimes, so lets keep the loser talk about the Heater out of it.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:47 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Are you dissing the turtleneck? You can't be dissing the TURTLENECK!!!

You know who reminds me of us this season?

Now why do I picture Ed O'Neil heckling us from the bleachers when you post that?

Old
04-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Minnesota
L'toile du Nord

Quote:

Spurgeon is full of sads.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:57 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
That's because he wants to be able to grow facial hair like the big boys and go on the fun rides at Valley Fair.

Old
04-08-2012, 01:05 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
That picture is from the game at Winnipeg though. At that point we were the opposite of losers before the game.
After the game all hell broke loose.

Old
04-08-2012, 01:16 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
That picture is from the game at Winnipeg though. At that point we were the opposite of losers before the game.
After the game all hell broke loose.
That is the night they became losers.

...again.

When I die, I want the Wild to be my pallbearers, so they can let me down one more time.

Old
04-08-2012, 01:17 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

meh.

another offseason.

Old
04-08-2012, 01:24 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Quote:
When I die, I want the Wild to be my pallbearers, so they can let me down one more time.
More like drop your casket and it cracks open in front of a row full of children. Then you're haunting their dreams for the next 10 years.

Old
04-08-2012, 01:30 AM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
You'll probably find this interesting. I'm leaning against making a lot of moves this offseason. I don't think this is the year.
Holy God in heaven, I agree. Imagine that.

Old
04-08-2012, 01:34 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Anyone else really, really having trouble giving a **** about the playoffs this year?

Not only can I only take missing them so many times, but wow what a just absolutely horrible crop of teams.

Old
04-08-2012, 01:42 AM
youvegotit

from fletchers talk this evening he mentioned he expects the majority of the young guys to play in the AHL for at least part of the season with the exception of granlund.

If we then assumed none of bulmer, larrson, coyle, zucker, brodin, phillips, 2012 1st make the team out of camp, which i hope is not the case, but for conversations sake lets pretend (assume the glass is half full). Using the players we have under contract, what would you expect the lineup to look like to start the season?

My Guess:

Granlund Koivu Heater
Butch Brodziak Seto
Lats Cullen Clutter
Powe Almond Johnson
Palmieri

Gilbert Scandella
Spurg Prosser
Stoner(ufa) Kampfer
One of Falk(rfa), Cuma, Genoway(rfa)

Backstrom
Hackett

Then everyone knows they are playing for their jobs (sink or swim or get injured in the wilds case) and the Aeros should have a good young team:

Zucker Phillips Coyle
Veillex Rau Fontaine
Larsson McIntyre Bulmer
Foucault Broda Kassian

Brodin Genoway
Jobke Cuma
Bagnall Medvec

Kuemper
Endras

Old
04-08-2012, 01:42 AM
Dr Jan Itor

Philly/Pitt should be good, for obvious reasons. Detroit/Nashville as well. Boston/Washington has potential. I think LA can beat Vancouver, so that one might get interesting.

Closed Thread