HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(3) Phoenix Coyotes vs. (6) Chicago Blackhawks

Old
04-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
I don't get it?
It's been eight years since the Toronto Maple Leafs played a post season game.

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:01 PM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jet View Post
It's been eight years since the Toronto Maple Leafs played a post season game.
*facepalm* I'm so dumb.

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
*facepalm* I'm so dumb.
A lot of people say that about Coyotes supporters. But . . . we are still here!

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:20 AM
theoriginal55

Ticketmaster shows hundreds of tickets available. I hope some false rumors don't keep people from coming because they think the games are already sold out. Also, Chicago has a huge number of transplants here, but their interest in hockey probably is nowhere close to that of "The Bulls" and "The Cubbies" and "The Bears". Nowhere near the bandwagon fans for the **** ***** of the last two playoffs. It was not too long ago that Chicago couldn't even sell out their home games in the third largest market in the country!

theoriginal55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:29 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriginal55 View Post
Ticketmaster shows hundreds of tickets available. I hope some false rumors don't keep people from coming because they think the games are already sold out. Also, Chicago has a huge number of transplants here, but their interest in hockey probably is nowhere close to that of "The Bulls" and "The Cubbies" and "The Bears". Nowhere near the bandwagon fans for the **** ***** of the last two playoffs. It was not too long ago that Chicago couldn't even sell out their home games in the third largest market in the country!
For which game? Game 1 and 2 are effectively sold out. There are only sporadic singles left and probably some suites.

Game 3 and 4 have some left but they just barely went on sale to the public.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 05:22 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post

If the above were to happen, it's fair to say that Canada would cease to exist as a country.
just wanted to come and say that Rags vs Bs wouldn't be possible in the 2nd Round

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 08:58 AM
SweYote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I know you were kicking the idea around earlier, are you now officially making the trek? If so that's pretty hardcore!
I have not bought anything yet but I'm probably going. I figured even if there's no hockey a week's vacation in Arizona can't be wrong.

SweYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:02 AM
DangleAngle

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriginal55 View Post
I think you underestimate the popularity of the Hawks. The Bulls? C'mon. Did you see how many people attended their parade a couple years ago after they won the Cup? It was in the millions. The Hawks are beloved in Chicago and have extremely passionate fans.

DangleAngle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Muppet
Howlin' For You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
just wanted to come and say that Rags vs Bs wouldn't be possible in the 2nd Round
My care cup is empty. The entire point was the Phoenix v Florida final.

Muppet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
FYI, they are selling suite individual tickets to the games. Its $150 each and could be fun for some friends ya know

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Ilrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangleAngle View Post
I think you underestimate the popularity of the Hawks. The Bulls? C'mon. Did you see how many people attended their parade a couple years ago after they won the Cup? It was in the millions. The Hawks are beloved in Chicago and have extremely passionate fans.
We (Chicagoans) got a lot of fans who jumped on the Hawks bandwagon once Dollar Bill Wirtz died and we actually produced a winning team and could watch home games on TV, but they have stuck around, as we have something like almost 200 straight sell out crowds, I think, and it is always standing room only. Before then, the UC was half full at a lot of games.

I was at the victory parade, and I have never seen so many people in one place in my entire life, so the estimated 2-3 million attending probably was accurate. We definitely have a dedicated fanbase now here.

Ilrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 01:24 PM
knowsthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilrider View Post
We (Chicagoans) got a lot of fans who jumped on the Hawks bandwagon once Dollar Bill Wirtz died and we actually produced a winning team and could watch home games on TV, but they have stuck around, as we have something like almost 200 straight sell out crowds, I think, and it is always standing room only. Before then, the UC was half full at a lot of games.

I was at the victory parade, and I have never seen so many people in one place in my entire life, so the estimated 2-3 million attending probably was accurate. We definitely have a dedicated fanbase now here.
There should not even be a question about the Hawks fan base. Why are we even discussing this now? - the past is behind us, lets live in the present.

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
There should not even be a question about the Hawks fan base. Why are we even discussing this now? - the past is behind us, lets live in the present.
To be honest, the attendence talk of any kind shouldn't be revelent at all when it comes to talking about the series.

Both buildings in the series will see passionate fans from both teams. End of story.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:35 PM
99 steps
to the top

Just wanted to drop in and say good luck, should be a hard fought series.

If the Coyotes make the Hawks dump/chase and get in on the forecheck without taking penalties, you win. A defensive system frustrates the Hawks, particularly at home.

If the Hawks enter your zone with possession consistently, and the PP has even the slightest awakening, we win. The three (arguably four) most talented guys in the series wear the indian head.

Should be interesting.

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:19 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 steps View Post
The three (arguably four) most talented guys in the series wear the indian head.
Oh really? Tell me all about them.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:46 PM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Oh really? Tell me all about them.
What Coyote player would you argue is more talented than Toews, Kane or Hossa? Or Keith?

Nothing against Whitney, Vrbata, OEL or Yandle, but I don't think you can say any of them have more talent than the above. (Seriously, can you?)

And again, I'm not saying it necessarily matters. If the Coyotes play a team game, you may very well win this.

Old
04-11-2012, 03:48 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
but I don't think you can say any of them have more talent than the above. (Seriously, can you?)
Vrbata has more goals than your leading goal scorer and Whitney has as many points as your top scoring forward overall. Care to revise your statement?

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:55 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
And again, I'm not saying it necessarily matters. If the Coyotes play a team game, you may very well win this.
Well sucks for you, because that's what we play.

awfulwaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:56 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Vrbata has more goals than your leading goal scorer and Whitney has as many points as your top scoring forward overall. Care to revise your statement?

awfulwaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:59 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

Quote:
What Coyote player would you argue is more talented than Toews, Kane or Hossa? Or Keith?

Nothing against Whitney, Vrbata, OEL or Yandle, but I don't think you can say any of them have more talent than the above. (Seriously, can you?)

Quote:
I'd take OEL and Yandle over Keith.

O23L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 04:02 PM
hbk

Quote:

If this was two years ago and Chicago was coming off of a cup I would have no problem with the statement that the top 4 skilled players in this series are Toews, Hossa, Kane, and Keith.

Right now though is what matters and right now Toews ability to handle a Raffi Torres hit is questionable and Keith hasn't been the same since the Cup run.

Hawks are still the better team on paper but the Coyotes are an underdog team playing an underdog game. They have a system that is effective and they have forwards with size who hit to hurt and they hit often. OEL is a future star in the game as well. He and Yandle are poised to breakout further as NHL stars. I honestly can't wait for Shane Doan's first shift this series. Be prepared for a war.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 04:04 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
People who talk about "talent" have a tendency to ignore results in my experience. This is especially true in online baseball discussions.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 04:09 PM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Nope. But you provide a good laugh.

Old
04-11-2012, 04:11 PM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Well sucks for you, because that's what we play.
The way you talk, you would think you'd won a playoff series....ever.

I kid. Should be a good one.

Old
04-11-2012, 04:13 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Eh, I don't think he's off base. Based purely on talent (i.e. not future potential, leadership skills, etc.), would you really prefer Vrbata or Whitney to Kane or Toews?

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote