HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoffs - Game 1 - Line up

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-08-2012, 09:51 AM
  #1
flyaz4life
Registered User
 
flyaz4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Woodbridge, Ontario
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Playoffs - Game 1 - Line up

Hi guys, Flyers Fan here coming in peace and seeking some help.

Firstly, Congratulations on making the playoffs and drawing the canucks.

Every year i make a playoff pool in which every player on every team is selected. There are always some fringe players who might play and might not play and since i am not so familiar with playoff teams other than the flyers it is always difficult to predict which players will dress for game one.

So if you could help me out, please give me the Game #1 playoff line up for your team (ie. Line 1, Line 2.. etc) including defensive lines.. it would be greatly appreciated.

Good Luck in Rd. 1!

flyaz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:24 AM
  #2
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,468
vCash: 500
If Carter is healthy enough to play, which is likely, I assume we're going back to the lineup we had before he got injured which was:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
King-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser-Nolan
Richardson, Westgarth

Scuderi-Doughty
Mitchell-Voynov
Martinez-Greene
Drewiske

Quick
Bernier

Richardson could sneak his way into the lineup somehow since he has a pretty decent playoff stat sheet but I'm not sure where. Maybe in place of Penner if he has a poor showing in the early games.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 11:00 AM
  #3
flyaz4life
Registered User
 
flyaz4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Woodbridge, Ontario
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
thx so muhchh

flyaz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:52 PM
  #4
iliketherangersalot2
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rangers fan in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
If Carter is healthy enough to play, which is likely, I assume we're going back to the lineup we had before he got injured which was:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
King-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser-Nolan
Richardson, Westgarth

Scuderi-Doughty
Mitchell-Voynov
Martinez-Greene
Drewiske

Quick
Bernier

Richardson could sneak his way into the lineup somehow since he has a pretty decent playoff stat sheet but I'm not sure where. Maybe in place of Penner if he has a poor showing in the early games.
I agree with that but I would put in Richardson instead of Nolan. Nolan has been somewhat disappointing the last few games.

iliketherangersalot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 04:14 PM
  #5
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault
 
Bad Will Hunting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southie
Posts: 24,283
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketherangersalot2 View Post
I would put in Richardson .
You go wash your mouth out with soap right now Mister!

Bad Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 05:04 PM
  #6
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketherangersalot2 View Post
I agree with that but I would put in Richardson instead of Nolan. Nolan has been somewhat disappointing the last few games.
I am not one of those people who want to build a goon squad but the Kings will need Nolan to help keep some of the Canucks agitators in line.

Richie should be in over Penner or Stoll, but it will never happen. Probably won't see Richie until someone gets injured or Stool gets suspended again.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:33 PM
  #7
JBernierFan
Drink up!
 
JBernierFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketherangersalot2 View Post
I agree with that but I would put in Richardson instead of Nolan. Nolan has been somewhat disappointing the last few games.
Nolan moves his feet and draws penalties. He will also fight. In the playoffs, he'll be much more valuable than Richardson.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:42 PM
  #8
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I am not one of those people who want to build a goon squad but the Kings will need Nolan to help keep some of the Canucks agitators in line.

Richie should be in over Penner or Stoll, but it will never happen. Probably won't see Richie until someone gets injured or Stool gets suspended again.
Our minds work very similarly. My exact sentiments. Doesn't hurt that you're also the only other Kings/Michigan fan I know on here

Nolan will be huge in this series. He'll be counted on to throw his body around, fight if he needs to, and get the Canucks off their games.

I'll take Richie over Stool and Penner any day and I don't like Richie but he's sure as hell better than those two doofuses. I just hope that Carter is healthy and ready to snipe 7uongo.

CNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:52 AM
  #9
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,856
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I think Nolan is exactly what we need in a playoff series against the Canucks. Especially on a bottom 6 role over Richardson.

__________________

This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions! - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:17 AM
  #10
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,557
vCash: 500
Richardson has played some good hockey for us in the playoffs. If there's a way to get him in the lineup, I say do it.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:23 AM
  #11
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!
 
hauspaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: South Korea
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
wait.. didn't DL sign few players because they are "playoff" players...?

hauspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:28 AM
  #12
King Richards
Dry Island II
 
King Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
Richardson has played some good hockey for us in the playoffs. If there's a way to get him in the lineup, I say do it.
When Dustin Penner gets burned for a goal and takes a stupid penalty in Game 1, you'll see Richardson in his spot for the remainder of the series, don't worry.

Also, I agree. Richardson brings his best game in the postseason.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:34 AM
  #13
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,428
vCash: 500
By your guys logic (not trying to insult you, just the best way I can think to word it), are you guys also expecting a lot more from Clifford too then? Because he was part of that money line and stepped up big in the playoffs but this year I've wanted him to be sent down from basically very early in the year and he's done nothing over the course of the season to change that opinion.

CNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:40 AM
  #14
KBA4life
Registered User
 
KBA4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
By your guys logic (not trying to insult you, just the best way I can think to word it), are you guys also expecting a lot more from Clifford too then? Because he was part of that money line and stepped up big in the playoffs but this year I've wanted him to be sent down from basically very early in the year and he's done nothing over the course of the season to change that opinion.
Tough to say, I think his playoff production was an anomaly, I hope I'm wrong though. Clifford needs to hit everything in sight, not take any dumb penalties, don't get caught out of position and beat the hell outta whoever he dances with.

KBA4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:53 AM
  #15
King Richards
Dry Island II
 
King Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
What is there left for Clifford to learn at the AHL level?

The playoff experience will be extremely valuable to him.

I agree he needs to pick up his game though.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:02 AM
  #16
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
What is there left for Clifford to learn at the AHL level?

The playoff experience will be extremely valuable to him.

I agree he needs to pick up his game though.
Consistency and confidence.

CNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:04 AM
  #17
King Richards
Dry Island II
 
King Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Consistency and confidence.
So... consistency against weaker competition and confidence against AHL level talent?

What exactly do you think sending him down to Manchester after all this time on the big club would do for his confidence? Hint: it wouldn't increase it.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:02 PM
  #18
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,557
vCash: 500
Clifford's here, he's not going back. His responsibilities will just be curbed until he's ready to take them up again. He's a valuable asset when he's on.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:06 PM
  #19
Hyped
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Tombstone
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,568
vCash: 500
I'd watch for the young guys' ice time to be reduced during the playoffs. That could mean Richardson stepping into either King's or Nolan's role. Sutter is going to want to roll four lines and have confidence in everyone out there. A veteran presence will do that for a coach...

Hyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 12:53 AM
  #20
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
I'd watch for the young guys' ice time to be reduced during the playoffs. That could mean Richardson stepping into either King's or Nolan's role. Sutter is going to want to roll four lines and have confidence in everyone out there. A veteran presence will do that for a coach...
No way.

I'm sorry but I am sick of hearing the term veteran thrown around like it means anything. We heard the term "playoff veteran" to describe players like Moreau, Halpern, Smyth, Hunter,Stoll and Penner and they are all awful.

I want Richardson in the lineup, but he needs to be in there over the floater or the idiot, not Nolan or King.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 01:04 AM
  #21
Martyros
Registered User
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 5,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketherangersalot2 View Post
I agree with that but I would put in Richardson instead of Nolan. Nolan has been somewhat disappointing the last few games.
And yet, more effective than Richardson.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.