HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Norway

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2012, 11:46 AM
TollefsenFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHefe View Post
Who are the top 3 forwards top 2dmen and goalies and top 3 prospects from team Norway? Is hockey a rising-sport in this country of oil and ski-men?
Forwards

1 Zuccarello
2 Thoresen
3 Skrøder

Dmen

1 Tollefsen
2 Holøs

Prospects

Volden
Søberg
Olden

Old
05-02-2012, 12:24 PM
IslesNorway

Quote:
Who are the top 3 forwards top 2dmen and goalies and top 3 prospects from team Norway? Is hockey a rising-sport in this country of oil and ski-men?
No it isn't. Hockey has been at status quo here for any number of years and the lack of quality exposure is partly to blame. No national hockey is shown on any free nationwide tv-channels and the sport is still struggling with an image problem.

Really, hockey should've been doing well here but due to the lack of media support and tv-exposure as well the lack of rinks throughout the land it will remain what it is today.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Botta

Quote:
No it isn`t.We have 41 rinks and we build 1,5 rinks a year.Will take ages to get enough ice time.That is the main thing the sport isn`t growing.Besides that media don`t give a ****(although it is getting better)
Besides that people tend to judge hockey as a sport for rednecks

Old
05-02-2012, 04:34 PM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgos View Post
My lines are the same as Aftenposten, but it has the players in the correct positions. Aftenposten had Hansen, Bastiansen, Forsberg and Ask as wingers.

The Rosseli-line is no fourth line, indeed. Will probably see limited icetime. Think Roy will roll 3 lines.
Yupp, but Mathis Olimb and Patrick Thoresen played center last season, so maybe aftenposten got it right? I mean Holtet and Rosseli wont play center, but why not Thoresen? (and maybe Olimb, but i prefer Bastiansen. Big basse kicks ass ) Thoresen is a good two way center and sniper

Old
05-03-2012, 08:06 AM
gorgos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
I mean Holtet and Rosseli wont play center, but why not Thoresen?
Because he's on a line with Mads Hansen. And he ain't no winger.

Old
05-03-2012, 08:47 AM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
I know that hansen, bastiansen, forsberg, ask etc are centers, but u know that Roy does some strange things ^^ Like ask as a D last year (ofc he had no choice) and fredriksen as first liner in wc 2010. I wouldnt be surprised if Hansen played as a winger If I could choose between Hansen and Thoresen as first line centre then i would choose Thoresen. Thoresen is a good two way center, while Hansen is just a defensive center

Personally i would go for these lines

Skrøder - Thoresen - Olimb
Spets - Bastiansen - Holtet
Røymark - Hansen - KA Olimb
Ylven - Forsberg - Kristiansen

I dnt like the lines from aftenposten.

nr 1 Hansen is not a first liner
nr 2 Holtet is better then a ****ing 3rd liner
nr 3 Our fourth line stinks.

Last edited by TollefsenFan: 05-03-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old
05-03-2012, 08:54 AM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Thoresen and Skrøder are both LW, so at least one player has to play in a new position.

Last season Hansen played as center, Thoresen center (but has played alot as LW earlier) and Skrøder as always a LW. So perhaps Roy will go for this line

Skrøder - Thoresen - Hansen

or

Skrøder - Hansen - Thoresen

or

Thoresen - Hansen - Skrøder

and so on

Old
05-03-2012, 09:02 AM
BalticWarrior

Lets see how you guys will play against Sweden,undoubtebly favourites of this WC

Old
05-03-2012, 09:58 AM
SirKillalot

Hansen is centering the first line with Thoresen on the wing.

Last time we faced Sweden:

http://www.vgtv.no/#!id=40137

Old
05-03-2012, 11:01 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botta View Post
No it isn`t.We have 41 rinks and we build 1,5 rinks a year.Will take ages to get enough ice time.That is the main thing the sport isn`t growing.Besides that media don`t give a ****(although it is getting better)
Besides that people tend to judge hockey as a sport for rednecks
Why?How is hockey=rednecks? just... HOW?

Old
05-03-2012, 12:00 PM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKillalot View Post
Hansen is centering the first line with Thoresen on the wing.

Last time we faced Sweden:

http://www.vgtv.no/#!id=40137
Well Skrøder and Thoresen can score alot of goals, but i must say i would love to have him (Thoresen) as our 1st center. He and Bastiansen are the only two good two way centers on our team. Hansen, Ask, Forsberg are great pk, 3rd and 4th liners. Thats just my honest opinion.....

Old
05-03-2012, 12:22 PM
SirKillalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Why?How is hockey=rednecks? just... HOW?
Because TV almost only shows the "bad things" about the sport. Like fighting and stuff.

Last edited by SirKillalot: 05-03-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old
05-03-2012, 12:25 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Because TV almost only shows the "bad things" things about the sport. Like fighting and stuff.
Oh come on,i mean with the resources Norway has, if the sport would be more popular in norway,you guys could easily be among the ranks of sweden,finland,canada.

Old
05-03-2012, 12:33 PM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Because TV almost only shows the "bad things" things about the sport. Like fighting and stuff.
Well fighting is a part of the sport

Ah good times when Tolle played for blue jackets

Btw im prob one of those rednecks, since i support FRP

Old
05-03-2012, 12:37 PM
SirKillalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Oh come on,i mean with the resources Norway has, if the sport would be more popular in norway,you guys could easily be among the ranks of sweden,finland,canada.
Yep. But the media has to present it in a more good way to get it's popularity to rise. And the Federation has to start to "lobby" to get more rinks around the country. The Hockey Federation and clubs aren't rich, because it lacks popularity. People just don't go to games, except for the playoffs. So, hopefully the national team does well to get more interest around the sport.

And to TollefsenFan : I don't mind the fighting. But when the media just shows fighting without context, no wonder the sport gets seen as a "redneck"-sport. They need to show people the real rules before just sending "easy" clips.

Old
05-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

What's the deal with Tollefsen? I'm a sens fan and never really caught much of him on the blue jackets. Very impressed with his game against Sweden. Any chance he'll be back in the NHL anytime soon?

Old
05-05-2012, 08:45 AM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblad the Impaler View Post
What's the deal with Tollefsen? I'm a sens fan and never really caught much of him on the blue jackets. Very impressed with his game against Sweden. Any chance he'll be back in the NHL anytime soon?
He just joined farjestad of the swedish eliteleague, so i dnt think he will go to the NHL this summer. Last summer he was offered a one way deal from Nashville, but his team Modo wouldnt let him go. This season (2011-2012) he was captain for team Modo and did well

Tollefsen is a deffensive D man. He tacles hard and he is more then willing to take a fight, but he should become a better with the puck. Well he has become better with the puck, but still he should improve more.

Im a Tollefsen fan, so just ask me more questions about tolle

Btw sry about my sucky english, but I didnt pay any atention to english classes at school

Last edited by TollefsenFan: 05-05-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old
05-05-2012, 08:47 AM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
His stats

http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=3214

Old
05-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Quote:
He just joined farjestad of the swedish eliteleague, so i dnt think he will go to the NHL this summer. Last summer he was offered a one way deal from Nashville, but his team Modo wouldnt let him go. This season (2011-2012) he was captain for team Modo and did well

Tollefsen is a deffensive D man. He tacles hard and he is more then willing to take a fight, but he should become a better with the puck. Well he has become better with the puck, but still he should improve more.

Im a Tollefsen fas, so just ask me more questions about tolle

Btw sry about my sucky english, but I didnt pay any atention to english classes at school
No problem about the english. I'm in Ottawa, Canada, and there are a lot of French-speakers in this city whose english is much worse.

How come Tollefsen didn't "stick" in the NHL last time through? Weak ability with the puck? Any idea how long a deal he just signed with Farjestad?

Old
05-05-2012, 09:47 AM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
No problem about the english. I'm in Ottawa, Canada, and there are a lot of French-speakers in this city whose english is much worse.

How come Tollefsen didn't "stick" in the NHL last time through? Weak ability with the puck? Any idea how long a deal he just signed with Farjestad?
He ended up in a trade between flyers and red wings. The red wings didnt need him and sent him down to the ahl. Tollefsen then decided to move to Sweden, because his chances of making the red wings team was like 0%. At that time Farjestad (his favorite swedish club) didnt need another D, so he ended up in Modo. I think his deal last untill the end of the 2013/ 2014 + 1 year (this is according to eliteprospects and they are often correct)

Old
05-05-2012, 11:39 AM
IslesNorway

Tollefsen didn't stick in the NHL because he makes mistakes. His physical play and toughness is good enough and he'll fight occasionally too, but he is too prone to making costly mistakes and you can't get away with that over time in the NHL.

Old
05-05-2012, 11:48 AM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesNorway View Post
Tollefsen didn't stick in the NHL because he makes mistakes. His physical play and toughness is good enough and he'll fight occasionally too, but he is too prone to making costly mistakes and you can't get away with that over time in the NHL.
Yes and no. My favorite team the avs sucked last year. This year they got a bunch of big grinders and did much better. Guys like o byrne, Wilson, o brien, hejda and johnson are big and strong, but i wouldnt call em creative with the puck. They are just big, strong and protects the goalie and work hard in the d zone.

The red wings play a different kind of hockey then the weaker teams. Tollefsen just didnt fit in. Im sure Tollefsen would be a great signing for a bottom team. Just like O byrne has been a good signing for the avs(well he was a part of a trade if im not mistaken). Thats just my honest opinion.

Old
05-05-2012, 12:52 PM
YARR123

Quote:
Yes and no. My favorite team the avs sucked last year. This year they got a bunch of big grinders and did much better. Guys like o byrne, Wilson, o brien, hejda and johnson are big and strong, but i wouldnt call em creative with the puck. They are just big, strong and protects the goalie and work hard in the d zone.

The red wings play a different kind of hockey then the weaker teams. Tollefsen just didnt fit in. Im sure Tollefsen would be a great signing for a bottom team. Just like O byrne has been a good signing for the avs(well he was a part of a trade if im not mistaken). Thats just my honest opinion.
I agree that tollefsen doesn't look like a Red Wing at all. Yesterdays game showed that IMO he absolutely could still play in a 3rd pairing in the NHL. Very strong in the d-zone and he works crazy hard. It's a different case wether he'll ever get the chance though. Also iirc he had a lot of injury problems when in the NHL that didn't help his cause at all.

Old
05-05-2012, 01:22 PM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
I agree that tollefsen doesn't look like a Red Wing at all. Yesterdays game showed that IMO he absolutely could still play in a 3rd pairing in the NHL. Very strong in the d-zone and he works crazy hard. It's a different case wether he'll ever get the chance though. Also iirc he had a lot of injury problems when in the NHL that didn't help his cause at all.
True. He got a problem with injuries and thats why hes stay in the blue jackets ended. he then signed for flyers and u know the rest of the story. He got an offer from nashville last year. So im positive he will get a new chance, but i hope not (sorry )
Thats because Tollefsen is so important for our national team. He played fantastic last year and we ended up in 6th place. Tollefsen got leadership qaulities and plays very un norwegian. Very few norwegian Ds play like Tollefsen. We need an agressive ******* in front of our goalie hehe

Old
05-05-2012, 01:32 PM
YARR123

Quote:
True. He got a problem with injuries and thats why hes stay in the blue jackets ended. he then signed for flyers and u know the rest of the story. He got an offer from nashville last year. So im positive he will get a new chance, but i hope not (sorry )
Thats because Tollefsen is so important for our national team. He played fantastic last year and we ended up in 6th place. Tollefsen got leadership qaulities and plays very un norwegian. Very few norwegian Ds play like Tollefsen. We need an agressive ******* in front of our goalie hehe
Yeah, well he's not old by any means but neither is he a young prospect, imo he'll get his chance if a team with cap issues needs to sign a cheap dman for a short term one-way deal. And then if he plays himself a solid role in that team.

I laughed when they announced Olimb as the best player of Norway last night, it was obvious that it was either Tollefsen or the goalie (can't remember the name)

Closed Thread