HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Norway

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2012, 01:37 PM
TollefsenFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Yeah, well he's not old by any means but neither is he a young prospect, imo he'll get his chance if a team with cap issues needs to sign a cheap dman for a short term one-way deal. And then if he plays himself a solid role in that team.

I laughed when they announced Olimb as the best player of Norway last night, it was obvious that it was either Tollefsen or the goalie (can't remember the name)
Well the Bastiansen line played well all three periods and Olimb was brilliant on that line, but i have to agree with u. Haugen was our best player. He saved 41 of 44 shots. Then Tollefsen our second best. Also Hansen played well. Hansen scored a goal and saved a goal. A swede could shoot in the empty net, but good old Hansen got his stick on the puck. Great play by Hansen!

Our three best players would imo be

1 Haugen
2 Tollefsen
3 Hansen

Old
05-05-2012, 02:20 PM
YARR123

Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
Well the Bastiansen line played well all three periods and Olimb was brilliant on that line, but i have to agree with u. Haugen was our best player. He saved 41 of 44 shots. Then Tollefsen our second best. Also Hansen played well. Hansen scored a goal and saved a goal. A swede could shoot in the empty net, but good old Hansen got his stick on the puck. Great play by Hansen!

Our three best players would imo be

1 Haugen
2 Tollefsen
3 Hansen
yeah Olimb was able to create some chances with individual skill but he also took a ridiculous penalty which resulted in sweden's 3-1 goal, so that gives Olimb a HUUGE minus. Also IMO Tollefsen's defensive play prevented probably a couple goals, while Olimb didn't produce.

Old
05-05-2012, 02:47 PM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
yeah Olimb was able to create some chances with individual skill but he also took a ridiculous penalty which resulted in sweden's 3-1 goal, so that gives Olimb a HUUGE minus. Also IMO Tollefsen's defensive play prevented probably a couple goals, while Olimb didn't produce.
Yepp. Tollefsen also frustrated the swedes. Franzen, Landeskog and Zetterberg all got a penalty because of Tollefsen. Well some of the penalties were soft, but lets not focus on that The point is that Tollefsen pisses the opponents off and thats great

And yeah Olimb isnt a two way center but we need his offensive talent in pp, shootout and if we need a goal

Old
05-06-2012, 05:06 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
I know that hansen, bastiansen, forsberg, ask etc are centers, but u know that Roy does some strange things ^^ Like ask as a D last year (ofc he had no choice) and fredriksen as first liner in wc 2010. I wouldnt be surprised if Hansen played as a winger If I could choose between Hansen and Thoresen as first line centre then i would choose Thoresen. Thoresen is a good two way center, while Hansen is just a defensive center

Personally i would go for these lines

Skrøder - Thoresen - Olimb
Spets - Bastiansen - Holtet
Røymark - Hansen - KA Olimb
Ylven - Forsberg - Kristiansen

I dnt like the lines from aftenposten.

nr 1 Hansen is not a first liner
nr 2 Holtet is better then a ****ing 3rd liner
nr 3 Our fourth line stinks.
Agreed.
I would easely replaced Rosseli with Ylven. He is much stronger and more experienced.

Old
05-06-2012, 05:16 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblad the Impaler View Post
No problem about the english. I'm in Ottawa, Canada, and there are a lot of French-speakers in this city whose english is much worse.

How come Tollefsen didn't "stick" in the NHL last time through? Weak ability with the puck? Any idea how long a deal he just signed with Farjestad?
I believe he has a clausul so he can leave for NHL (Has signed 3+1 for Färjestad) But he would not leave unless he gets a one way deal. He is done with The AHL.
Turned down a much better economic offer from Dynamo Moscow in KHL,because of family situation(has a todler) and Karlstad is close to his home town,family and friends.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:37 PM
TollefsenFan

Bonsaksen just signed a 2 year extension with Røgle. That means we got 4 Ds in the swedish eliteleague next year sweeeeeet

Source:
http://www.roglebk.se/natmagasinet/v...ger_med_vmback

Old
05-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Despite the record, Norway has had a fantastic tournament so far. They've played three close games against three of the top 5 teams in this tournament. They should be able to make easy work of Italy, Latvia, Germany and Denmark, but in order to do that, they have to bring the same game that they brought against the Swedes, Russians and Czechs.

Old
05-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian North View Post
Despite the record, Norway has had a fantastic tournament so far. They've played three close games against three of the top 5 teams in this tournament. They should be able to make easy work of Italy, Latvia, Germany and Denmark, but in order to do that, they have to bring the same game that they brought against the Swedes, Russians and Czechs.
It will be tough. They need points from both Latvia and Germany.

Old
05-09-2012, 01:03 PM
SirKillalot

vCash: 390

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article..._olimb_norway/

Last edited by SirKillalot: 05-10-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old
05-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Namejs

vCash: 883
Quote:
They should be able to make easy work of Italy, Latvia, Germany and Denmark, but in order to do that, they have to bring the same game that they brought against the Swedes, Russians and Czechs.

Germany is going to be a slight favorite in the game against Norway, while Norway and Latvia are even sided teams and the game between us two can go either way.

So saying that it's going to be an easy job to defeat Latvia (which was in lead against Russia for most of the game) AND Germany (very close game against Russia and a solid showing against Sweden) AND Denmark (I'd say they were the better side in their first match against the Czechs) is a bit delusional tbf.

It's going to be a very tough battle for those 2 spots in the QFs.

Old
05-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
They should be able to make easy work of Italy, Latvia, Germany and Denmark, but in order to do that, they have to bring the same game that they brought against the Swedes, Russians and Czechs.
You should know that last time Latvia and Norway met it was 2 years ago and the score was 5-0 for Latvia. Two years is not a period of time in which many things change.

I don't expect us to win Norway 5-0 but I honestly expect nothing else than our win, be it 1:0, 7:6 or anything... nothing less. And I have no doubt Danes and Germans expect the same, it will be very hard games for these teams but honestly I don't think Norway will win all these 3 games, I don't even expect them to take 6 pts avay from them...

Last year we took a point from Finland but lost to Danes in 1/4 final... Sh** happened, last year to us, this year to Danes but doesn't mean they have a bad team. Sure they had a bad game vs Swedes after that but it takes time to rise up after such disappointing performances... after losing to Danes last year we lost 2:5 to Slovenia after!!!! To a team we should win 5:0....

The thing is- nothing's decided yet. One thing that might be pretty sure now is that Norway and especially Latvia will probably not get relegated...

Last edited by Latgale_fan: 05-09-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old
05-09-2012, 05:24 PM
babyshamble

It will be very hard for Norway to reach the quarters this year, but I believe that the players and managment believe they have a decent chanse. I would that our chanses in the remaining games are 40-60 against Germany, 50-50 against Latvia and 60-40 against Denmark. But we will have to step it up a couple of notches from todays game.

Hopefully Forsbergs injury is not too bad, there have been talks about a concussion wich would really suck because Kristian is important and a very underated player in my opinion. If he is out I would think that Ken Olimb will be moved to the 3rd line and Tommy Kristiansen will be inserted into his place in the 4th line. Maybe Martin Ylven will be called in.

Old
05-10-2012, 08:14 AM
SirKillalot

Jonas Holøs is playing the most in the World Hockey Championships!

Averaging 27:52 min pr. game.

Closest are:

Philip Larsen (Denmark) - 25:51 min pr. game
Jack Johnson (USA) - 25:39 min pr. game
Ole-Kristian Tollefsen (Norway) - 24:57 pr. game

Shifts:

Jack Johnson has had 84 shifts in this World Championships in 3 games.
Jonas Holøs has had 173 shifts in this World Championships in 4 games.

http://www.vg.no/sport/ishockey/arti...artid=10070337

Old
05-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

so...realisticly...

which Norwegian players "belongs" in the NHL ?

I'd say Tollefsen (Has nhl experience), Olimb (Has Ahl experience), Holas (Hhl experience), Thoresen (Nhl+Khl experience) and Ask

Last edited by Glennsoe: 05-10-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old
05-10-2012, 09:49 AM
SirKillalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
so...realisticly...

I'd say Tollefsen (Has nhl experience), Olimb (Has Ahl experience), Holas (Hhl experience), Thoresen (Nhl+Khl experience) and Ask
Holtet. He's got junior and AHL experience(or I might be wrong?). He would be good to have at the third/forth line. And, Lars Erik Spets. Good on the bottom pairs and in the PK.

Bastiansen for sure. Big lad, strong on the puck. Could easily place on a grind line. Only age is stopping him.

Don't know if Ask could be there honestly.

Maybe even Mads Hansen, but that might be a stretch.

We have great "role players".

Old
05-10-2012, 10:15 AM
croAVSfan*

Any update on Kristian Forsberg status ? Will he play in next game ?

Old
05-10-2012, 10:19 AM
SirKillalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by croAVSfan View Post
Any update on Kristian Forsberg status ? Will he play in next game ?
Apparently he has a light concussion. He's got an off-day today and gets an adapted/alternative training schedule on Friday.

I guess uncertain for Saturday.

Old
05-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Lux Aurumque*

So, who's ready to eat crow?

Old
05-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Old Norse Hockey

Quote:
so...realisticly...

Maybe Tolly, that's it.
No more.

Old
05-12-2012, 12:25 PM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
so...realisticly...

Tollefsen and Holtet. They both got alot of speed, good size and they play an american style of hockey. Holtet goes straight on goal, plays like a duracell rabbit and tackles hard. Tollefsen is a safe (3rd pairing Dman in the NHL) with alot of NHL exp. He also drops his gloves from time to time.

edit: They are also the highest drafted norwegians. And the reason for that is that they fit in. American hockey and european hockey are very different. So players like Olimb, Zuke, Thoresen, Skrøder etc are great players, but they need that bigger european ice. Holtet and Tollefsen can work very well on small ice.

Old
05-12-2012, 03:25 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

I believe Jonas Holøs eventually will be back in the NHL. Perhaps in a few years.

Old
05-12-2012, 04:52 PM
babyshamble

I believe that Mathis Olimb could be a regular NHL`er if put in the right situation. Jonas Holøs could also be a 5-6 D on an average team. But I don`t think that they are willing to put in the effort in the AHL and take a chanse on a 2-way contract, so I think they will go the same way as Patrick Thoresen and remain in Europe. They could both be very good KHL players and make good money in Russia. I think we will se more Norwegians in the KHL as the NT continue to get good results.

Old
05-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Jurre

Quote:
so...realisticly...

Im sorry but I couldn't let this pass. We're not all idiots here up north. Morten Ask is way to slow even for SEL and miles away from NHL standard. MILES. I'm sure even he knows that.

I can see OKT and Holøs back one day for sure. Thoresen is a moneyplayer and has had his shot. KHL for life.

Olimb is a darkhorse imo. I like him a lot but he needs to put away those ****ing turnovers in the most annoying spots on the ice. Simplify his game a touch and he'll be pretty damn close NHL after the 2014 Olympics..

Thats right. We're going to the effin' Olympics!

Last edited by Jurre: 05-14-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old
05-14-2012, 04:07 PM
SirKillalot

Every year, the rookies on the World Championships-team has to do a task, what task they have to do, is decided by the veterans on the team.

This year it was winger Mats Rosseli Olsen and backup goalie Lars Volden who had to perform a remake om the old "Hockeystar" which at the time back then starred Espen "Shampoo" Knutsen!

http://www.vg.no/sport/ishockey/arti...artid=10053519

Old
05-14-2012, 04:42 PM
getdatzet
Rookie User

Quote:
So, who's ready to eat crow?
Sweet predictions

Closed Thread