HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Norway

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-14-2012, 05:49 PM
  #76
Ilovemymum
recreational MD
 
Ilovemymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 852
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
Im sorry but I couldn't let this pass. We're not all idiots here up north. Morten Ask is way to slow even for SEL and miles away from NHL standard. MILES. I'm sure even he knows that.

I can see OKT and Holøs back one day for sure. Thoresen is a moneyplayer and has had his shot. KHL for life.

Olimb is a darkhorse imo. I like him a lot but he needs to put away those ****ing turnovers in the most annoying spots on the ice. Simplify his game a touch and he'll be pretty damn close NHL after the 2014 Olympics..

Thats right. We're going to the effin' Olympics!
I'd say Volden, Frøshaug and Winkler are the ones most likely to end up in the NHL, besides Holøs and Tollefsen. The two latter didn't even crack the roster but will be in as soon as they get out of the NCAA / GET respectively.

Ilovemymum is offline  
Old
05-14-2012, 06:30 PM
  #77
babyshamble
Registered User
 
babyshamble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oslo/Bangkok
Country: Norway
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelundefaret View Post
I'd say Volden, Frøshaug and Winkler are the ones most likely to end up in the NHL, besides Holøs and Tollefsen. The two latter didn't even crack the roster but will be in as soon as they get out of the NCAA / GET respectively.
I think that its too late for Mats. Sad but true, that injury set his progress too far behind, he is already 24 years old. I do think that he can become a great SEL player tough, but he needs to get out of the Get-Liga before its too late.

Winkler, Olden, Volden and Steffen Søberg are all NHL prospects so at least they have a chanse. I also believe that Markus Søberg will be a very good player. Next year is his draft year so it will be an important season for him.

babyshamble is offline  
Old
05-15-2012, 09:19 AM
  #78
Smiddletown
Registered User
 
Smiddletown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
The NT assistant coach has speculated that Holtet might not play for Norway in the QF if his wife hasn't given birth by then.

Those damn women.

Smiddletown is offline  
Old
05-15-2012, 09:32 AM
  #79
Wolfy
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddletown View Post
The NT assistant coach has speculated that Holtet might not play for Norway in the QF if his wife hasn't given birth by then.

Those damn women.
What?? A kid is more important than a QF? Holtet needs to learn how to dress his buddy.





Wolfy is offline  
Old
05-15-2012, 12:18 PM
  #80
Smiddletown
Registered User
 
Smiddletown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Holtet needs to learn how to dress his buddy.
I agree, he obviously should have thought about the forthcoming World Championships when he was hum-dee-dum-ing his girl about nine months ago
Stupid Holtet. He couldn't wait one month to stuff some custard in her pudding?

Smiddletown is offline  
Old
05-15-2012, 03:01 PM
  #81
Ilovemymum
recreational MD
 
Ilovemymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 852
vCash: 50
He timed it quite well. Kid has arrived and he's ready for the QF. He knew nine months ago that the Denmark game would be of no importnance. Regarding Frøshaug (above), if he is 100 % fit again I'd say he could be NHL material if he succeeds in SEL. Think he was the MVP of the GET playoffs?
http://pointstreak.com/prostats/play...&seasonid=7617
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=6251

Ilovemymum is offline  
Old
05-15-2012, 03:12 PM
  #82
Wolfy
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
Congrats to him and his girl, excellent timing

Wolfy is offline  
Old
05-15-2012, 04:02 PM
  #83
Jurre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyshamble View Post
I think that its too late for Mats. Sad but true, that injury set his progress too far behind, he is already 24 years old. I do think that he can become a great SEL player tough, but he needs to get out of the Get-Liga before its too late.

Winkler, Olden, Volden and Steffen Søberg are all NHL prospects so at least they have a chanse. I also believe that Markus Søberg will be a very good player. Next year is his draft year so it will be an important season for him.
Agreed. Søberg should have a chance to be the first norwegian ever to be drafted in the first round in 2013.

Too bad Holtet never got the chance in Dallas. He certainly has all the tools to be a productive NHL regular. Problem is though that there are 4334465231 North Americans that are willing to do the same job on a two-way contract. That goes for almost every Norwegian born player.

Jurre is offline  
Old
05-16-2012, 09:31 AM
  #84
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
Agreed. Søberg should have a chance to be the first norwegian ever to be drafted in the first round in 2013.

Too bad Holtet never got the chance in Dallas. He certainly has all the tools to be a productive NHL regular. Problem is though that there are 4334465231 North Americans that are willing to do the same job on a two-way contract. That goes for almost every Norwegian born player.
USA has a lot more people than Norway, but maybe you just put one digit too many....i mean 433 mil instead of 4,3 billion would be a fraction nearer the truth
Anyway with this kind of playing in the WC it will get a lot easier for Norwegian players to establish themselves in the NHL.....

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-16-2012, 09:16 PM
  #85
HalbertGil*
crab whom enjoy
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: mongolia
Country: Laos
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
Earlier, I heard some people talking about how in Norway, hockey is portrayed badly in the media. It made me curious on how coverage has been in the WC's, considering how well they're doing.

HalbertGil* is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 04:19 AM
  #86
JrSakic92
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTONtario View Post
Earlier, I heard some people talking about how in Norway, hockey is portrayed badly in the media. It made me curious on how coverage has been in the WC's, considering how well they're doing.
The coverage has been pretty good. Especially by the biggest newspaper VG.

JrSakic92 is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 05:08 AM
  #87
Smiddletown
Registered User
 
Smiddletown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTONtario View Post
Earlier, I heard some people talking about how in Norway, hockey is portrayed badly in the media. It made me curious on how coverage has been in the WC's, considering how well they're doing.
Do you mean throughout the year? Coverage has been very good during these events, as JrSakic said. The media has been drumming up support and trying to get people to watch the games.

For the rest of the year, it has to compete for attention with various international/domestic championships and leagues in a whole bunch of popular sports.

It's not reasonable to say it's portrayed badly, as it gets as much attention as national teams in curling, handball, and individual sports like cycling, swimming, speed skating, canoe/kayak, javelin, target shooting etc. Meaning they get media attention when they do well in some sort of championship or big event.

And success = more attention, of course. People barely knew curling existed before the national team got an Olympic gold back in 2002.

Expecting hockey to get as much overall attention as football or skiing/biathlon/ski jumping is not realistic.


Last edited by Smiddletown: 05-17-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Smiddletown is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 11:02 AM
  #88
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Jajaja karer Well we lost in QF (as predicted) but im still very happy with how we played this wc

So lets have a look at our roster and how our players/team performed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bad: No one

Not good enough: I think our 3rd D pairing struggled from time to time.

Good: Goalies and all four lines.

Very good: Tollefsen, Holøs, Thoresen and Skrøder.

Extremly good: Coaching (Roy Johansen).

TollefsenFan is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 12:14 PM
  #89
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
Jajaja karer Well we lost in QF (as predicted) but im still very happy with how we played this wc

So lets have a look at our roster and how our players/team performed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bad: No one

Not good enough: I think our 3rd D pairing struggled from time to time.

Good: Goalies and all four lines.

Very good: Tollefsen, Holøs, Thoresen and Skrøder.

Extremly good: Coaching (Roy Johansen).
Yes - a very good TEAM effort and for that your coach can take huge credit. Congratulations with the QF and the olympic qualification. Very well deserved! Your lead players really took the lead and the rest of the team followed to their example!

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 12:20 PM
  #90
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,393
vCash: 500
Sorry my "russian-hamster-on-avatar-tactics" only worked 2 periods. Guess your "polar bear" got tired running after it, but it was great while it lasted. I actually believed you had them for awhile in the second period!

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 12:47 PM
  #91
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Sorry my "russian-hamster-on-avatar-tactics" only worked 2 periods. Guess your "polar bear" got tired running after it, but it was great while it lasted. I actually believed you had them for awhile in the second period!
Yes but **** happens

TollefsenFan is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 12:49 PM
  #92
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Yes - a very good TEAM effort and for that your coach can take huge credit. Congratulations with the QF and the olympic qualification. Very well deserved! Your lead players really took the lead and the rest of the team followed to their example!
Thanks danish brother Too bad our coach will retire after the olympics So i guess our golden era will be 2010-2014 ....

TollefsenFan is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 01:09 PM
  #93
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
Thanks danish brother Too bad our coach will retire after the olympics So i guess our golden era will be 2010-2014 ....
Always ready to cheer for Norwegians - they made our navy anyways
Then I hope you really make 2014 Golden!
We will do everything we can to make sure to have all Scandinavian teams are in the Olympics, so we can all start to be taken really seriously in the hockey world!!
We can always dream of Norway-Denmark-Sweden-Finland in the olympic semi's! "Håbet er lysegrønt"

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 01:46 PM
  #94
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Always ready to cheer for Norwegians - they made our navy anyways
Then I hope you really make 2014 Golden!
We will do everything we can to make sure to have all Scandinavian teams are in the Olympics, so we can all start to be taken really seriously in the hockey world!!
We can always dream of Norway-Denmark-Sweden-Finland in the olympic semi's! "Håbet er lysegrønt"
What about Iceland

TollefsenFan is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 01:56 PM
  #95
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
What about Iceland
Well they are way way down on the ranking
We have to send some more players over then to build it up...we have one danish guy playing there by the way...Lars Foder!
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=16216

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 02:07 PM
  #96
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Well they are way way down on the ranking
We have to send some more players over then to build it up...we have one danish guy playing there by the way...Lars Foder!
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=16216
Nice ^^ Well first we need to build more rinks in our own countries

Well u should ad Lars Foder to your Sochi team. Would be awesome to have a player from the icelandic league in the olympics

TollefsenFan is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 02:10 PM
  #97
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
Nice ^^ Well first we need to build more rinks in our own countries

Well u should ad Lars Foder to your Sochi team. Would be awesome to have a player from the icelandic league in the olympics
Well he was a danish division2 player that got REALLY inflated stats in Iceland...so still a long way to go. Dont know even how many rinks and players they have in iceland? They probably have more volcanoes than hockey players

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 02:14 PM
  #98
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Well he was a danish division2 player that got REALLY inflated stats in Iceland...so still a long way to go. Dont know even how many rinks and players they have in iceland? They probably have more volcanoes than hockey players
Probably more volcanoes, than people

TollefsenFan is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 02:17 PM
  #99
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
Probably more volcanoes, then people
So I guess hockey must have gotten a HUGE press boost in Norway. That might get some oil money to flow the right way.

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-17-2012, 02:24 PM
  #100
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
So I guess hockey must have gotten a HUGE press boost in Norway. That might get some oil money to flow the right way.
Nah we spend all our money on wall street. Road building and health care dosent mather. Its all about stocks and paper money

Anyways Stavanger oilers (The best norwegian team. Our 3rd D pairing in WC, came from that team) is building a new arena (DNB arena) and Sparta Sarpsborg is expanding theirs.

when the next season start, then DNB arena can take 4500 spectators and sparta amfi 3900. So hopefully hockey can grow a little bit in our country The biggest arenas in norway are:

Hamar ol amfi (6000)
DNB arena (4500)
Jordal amfi (4450)
Sparta amfi (3900)

TollefsenFan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.