HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Norway

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Wolfy

vCash: 500
Haha, is this normal? NRK visited the team's hotel in Stockholm, Thoresen and Tollefsen were roommates and had to sleep in a double bed. Thoresen told a funny little story, when they were sleeping his arm several times ended up on top of Tollefsen, Thoresen thought he touched his wife until he woke up and figured out it was Tollefsen

I know they have limited resources, when you look at how well they perform on the ice its about time they're awarded a much bigger budget.

Old
05-18-2012, 05:17 PM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Haha, is this normal? NRK visited the team's hotel in Stockholm, Thoresen and Tollefsen were roommates and had to sleep in a double bed. Thoresen told a funny little story, when they were sleeping his arm several times ended up on top of Tollefsen, Thoresen thought he touched his wife until he woke up and figured out it was Tollefsen

I know they have limited resources, when you look at how well they perform on the ice its about time they're awarded a much bigger budget.
Perhaps his wife looks like Tollefsen

Old
05-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Wolfy

lol...that's one wife I wouldn't argue with.

Old
05-19-2012, 07:22 AM
SkilledViking
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post

Hahaha! Do you have a link to this one?!

Old
05-19-2012, 07:49 AM
anofsti

vCash: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledViking View Post
I can feel youre frustration on that on
It wasn't that bad though. My dad brought the game north when we moved here from Norway, and we actually had a club until the winters got really bad at the end of the 90's. But with no rinks for 120km, it's kinda hard to keep playing when the natural ice is gone.

Old
05-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Hypno Toad

I have a question and it's kind of regarding Norwegian culture! It's still on topic, but I'm just curious.

Let's say Sweden moved on and Norway still lost. I know that Norway and Sweden have a natural rivalry (I'm not talking like USA vs Russia rivalry), but I feel it has good intent and isn't a heated/hated rivalry. Would Norwegians typically still root for Sweden or would they not want Sweden to win?

So essentially I'm asking, from a Norwegian standpoint, is a Sweden win a win for Norway in a collective Scandinavian sense or a loss because it's your neighbor/natural rival? Again, I don't mean rival in the context of hatred or as a bitter rivalry.

Sorry if it was a confusing question!

Old
05-20-2012, 04:04 PM
SkilledViking
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypno Toad View Post
I have a question and it's kind of regarding Norwegian culture! It's still on topic, but I'm just curious.

Let's say Sweden moved on and Norway still lost. I know that Norway and Sweden have a natural rivalry (I'm not talking like USA vs Russia rivalry), but I feel it has good intent and isn't a heated/hated rivalry. Would Norwegians typically still root for Sweden or would they not want Sweden to win?

So essentially I'm asking, from a Norwegian standpoint, is a Sweden win a win for Norway in a collective Scandinavian sense or a loss because it's your neighbor/natural rival? Again, I don't mean rival in the context of hatred or as a bitter rivalry.

Sorry if it was a confusing question!
Do you basically ask if Norway went out and Sweden still had a chance to win, that we would have cheered for the swedish guys? Can only speak for myself, but i always cheer for all the scandinavian/nordic countries when they not are facing Norway. Vikingpower!!!

Old
05-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Viking12

In hockey i think most Norwegians would cheer for Sweden. As Norway has usually been irrelevant in hockey. In other sports were the country's are closer to each other i do not this that would be so.

Old
05-20-2012, 04:10 PM
runeeres
Seasons in the Abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking12 View Post
In hockey i think most Norwegians would cheer for Sweden. As Norway has usually been irrelevant in hockey. In other sports were the country's are closer to each other i do not this that would be so.
Spot on.

Old
05-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Kshahdoo

Pitty Norway didn't have MZA in this tournament... Or not, it could be harder to beat them with him. He should come to KHL. Say to SKA. Him and Thoresen would be a lethal combination. Way more money as well. And better for NT.

Old
05-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
Norway should use some of that oilmoney to improve the norweigan hockey.
Build more rinks, create more organisations and give the kids free gears etc. Or do whatever that makes more people play it. The potential is there, norway is just like sweden and Finland, a wintercountry after all.

Old
05-20-2012, 04:31 PM
ReyHF
Neutral fan

I find it interesting that out of all the playoff games in this tournament Norway gave Russia the most trouble. It was still 2-2 after 2 periods and it wasnt even a perfect game at that point by the Norwegians. Then 1 soft goal by Emelin from the blueline in the first minute or so in the 3rd and it was over.

There was a chance for a huge upset and it would've been interesting to see Norway play any other country in that QF stage. I feel like they were playing one heck of a tournament, just too bad they ran into the best team so early.

Old
05-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Hypno Toad

Thanks for the answers guys.

I think Norway would be a huge force if they seriously got into hockey considering their winter sport track record.

Closed Thread