03-07-2017, 08:37 AM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Etoile du Nord

vCash: 300
3/7/17 - Wild vs Blues - 7PM CT / 3AM Suomi - FSN

NHL
Quote:
Wild forward Chris Stewart scored 63 goals and 115 points in 211 games over four seasons with the Blues from 2011-2014.

Wild assistant coach Scott Stevens skated one season for the Blues, scoring five goals and 49 points in 1990-91.

Blues head coach coach Mike Yeo compiled a 173-132-44 record as the Wild's head coach from 2011 until last February.

St. Louis assistant coach Rick Wilson served in the same role with Minnesota from 2010 through the end of last season.

Blues forward Kyle Brodziak spent six seasons in a Wild sweater (2009-15), scoring 169 points, including 72 goals in 446 games.
Let's Go Crazy!

Old
03-07-2017, 09:14 AM
DANOZ28

vCash: 500
i hope we dont take the blues lightly they are fighting for their playoff lives.

Old
03-07-2017, 09:40 AM
gphr513
Watch the world burn

Let's deactivate the Yeobots.

"Great moments are born from great opportunities." -Herb Brooks
Old
03-07-2017, 09:54 AM
Engebretson
The Bruce is Loose

vCash: 2500
Blues coming off a shutout of the ferocious Avalance on Sunday

Old
03-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Etoile du Nord

Mike Yeo isn't going to take any more of our bull****.

Old
03-07-2017, 10:09 AM
DANOZ28

can he still bench our players? does he have the power? im worried!

Old
03-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Uberdachen
Posts Last 5 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Mike Yeo isn't going to take any more of our bull****.
Still so embarrassing. I've had stronger reactions to a wrinkle in the plastic bag causing my cereal to come out of the box poorly. You're a grown-up, Yeo. Have a goddamn grown-up fit. If they're not working hard enough, tell them the slowest one is going to get ridden for the next drill. Then after you're done stick-lassoing everyone from his back for a few laps, you drop trow and say "Ok, again. And slowest one this time gets ridden reverse bareback." And you know what, you'll see some results this time, because you had a goddamn proper hissyfit that commanded respect.*

*Tip taken from September 1984 issue of Better Homes & Gardens, "What Works For a Cactus, and What Clearly Does Not"

Old
03-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Engebretson
The Bruce is Loose

vCash: 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberdachen View Post
Still so embarrassing. I've had stronger reactions to a wrinkle in the plastic bag causing my cereal to come out of the box poorly. You're a grown-up, Yeo. Have a goddamn grown-up fit. If they're not working hard enough, tell them the slowest one is going to get ridden for the next drill. Then after you're done stick-lassoing everyone from his back for a few laps, you drop trow and say "Ok, again. And slowest one this time gets ridden reverse bareback." And you know what, you'll see some results this time, because you had a goddamn proper hissyfit that commanded respect.*

*Tip taken from September 1984 issue of Better Homes & Gardens, "What Works For a Cactus, and What Clearly Does Not"

Old
03-07-2017, 11:20 AM
123TripleDoge

how have the blues done under yeozie? haven't paid any attention lol

Old
03-07-2017, 11:23 AM
Bazeek
Registered Lurker

Quote:

When does the Uberdachen coffee table book come out? I'm ready to pre-order.

Old
03-07-2017, 11:27 AM
Dee Oh Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123TripleDoge View Post
I think they went something like 6-1 followed by 0-5 then won their last game against Colorado.

Old
03-07-2017, 11:37 AM
MoeTheHobo

I wouldn't mind having Brodziak back. He after all has 12th most points in franchise history

Old
03-07-2017, 12:06 PM
Soldier13Fox
Get schwifty

vCash: 50
Quote:

Old
03-07-2017, 01:31 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANOZ28 View Post
can he still bench our players? does he have the power? im worried!
If he does, then who do we get to replace Zucker on the Finn Line?

Old
03-07-2017, 02:04 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123TripleDoge View Post
He changed the defense from a man to man to a zone coverage, and the goals against immediately dropped pretty dramatically. This coincided with both the Blues' goalies becoming above average after combining for last place in the league prior to that.

But the offense has stagnated. The stretch passes are gone. Shattenkirk was traded. Fabbri tore his ACL. There are some promising young middle 6 potential forwards that have joined the team for experience, but this is a team that is trying to win a 2-1 game these days.

The only reason the 6 game losing streak ended is because the Avs are horrific. I think we'll see a hardfought game, but after the Wild take a 2 goal lead the Blues will give up.

Old
03-07-2017, 02:05 PM
gphr513
Watch the world burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
He changed the defense from a man to man to a zone coverage, and the goals against immediately dropped pretty dramatically. This coincided with both the Blues' goalies becoming above average after combining for last place in the league prior to that.

But the offense has stagnated. The stretch passes are gone. Shattenkirk was traded. Fabbri tore his ACL. There are some promising young middle 6 potential forwards that have joined the team for experience, but this is a team that is trying to win a 2-1 game these days.

The only reason the 6 game losing streak ended is because the Avs are horrific. I think we'll see a hardfought game, but after the Wild take a 2 goal lead the Blues will give up.
That avatar

Old
03-07-2017, 02:15 PM
Wabit

Quote:

Sounds like a familiar game plan.

Old
03-07-2017, 02:18 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Etoile du Nord

Quote:

The Wild love to give up 2 goal leads! Should be a fun game.

Old
03-07-2017, 03:54 PM
123TripleDoge

Quote:

thanks for the info

Old
03-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Soldier13Fox
Get schwifty

Wild Win 3-0

Yeo wins the neck tie battle though.

Old
03-07-2017, 04:35 PM
MoeTheHobo

Boudreau will win the hair count 5-2

Old
03-07-2017, 04:38 PM
57special

Maybe the trick is to give STL a 2 goal lead early, causing Yeo to order the Turtle, which will lead to us having a two goal lead, but too late for STL to benefit as they will be making Yeobot type decisions and refuse to go beyond the neutral zone...it will actually be like an old Star Trek episode when even venturing into the neutral zone will be risky.

03-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Hargeysa

Yeo is a good coach and has potential to be a very good coach. He inherited a messy situation in St. Louis. I almost feel bad for him that he hasn't had normal second half of regular season as NHL head coach.

back to the game at hand.

6-2 Wild.

Old
03-07-2017, 06:16 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 370
Seeing familiar remarks from Blues fans that we used to see here in the Yeobot days.... favoring vets etc.

Old
03-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Mubiki

I just want good defense every game from here on out.

Closed Thread