HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 NHL Playoffs: (8) LA Kings vs (6) NJ Devils SCF

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-15-2012, 11:55 PM
  #251
XX
Lots of Try
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Executionville
Country: United States
Posts: 28,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
I don't care how talented he is, his behavior was unacceptable.
He always came off as a man child to me. I mean, living in Mario's house was the start. Then all the whining, diving and what he did today. And he wears a C. I'd be embarrassed if that was my captain. He's like an -actually- talented Turris. We keep seeing teams with bad captains (Capitals, Sharks, Pens, Canucks) implode. Kind of reminds me how lucky we've been to have Doan around, who is world class.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:46 AM
  #252
O23L
Worst tank ever.
 
O23L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,364
vCash: 500
Goal LA!

O23L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:49 AM
  #253
Sciamachy
Formerly Sceva Sct
 
Sciamachy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wanderer
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
Dustin Brown is such a boss. I so hope LA sweeps the Nucks.

Sciamachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:53 AM
  #254
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 15,449
vCash: 500
I just enjoy the chaos in general. 8 Seed with 2-0 series lead, goaltender changes for last years west champs, what next?

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:57 AM
  #255
O23L
Worst tank ever.
 
O23L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I just enjoy the chaos in general. 8 Seed with 2-0 series lead, goaltender changes for last years west champs, what next?
Coyotes win a playoff series?

O23L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:03 AM
  #256
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Coyotes win a playoff series?
We have a great shot at that! I like this idea though!

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:03 AM
  #257
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful
 
Blubba Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NE Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,267
vCash: 500
LOL HF Boads will explode if the 4 teams to make it from the West are Phoenix, Nashville, St. Louis, and LA.

Suck my defence.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:26 AM
  #258
O23L
Worst tank ever.
 
O23L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
LOL HF Boads will explode if the 4 teams to make it from the West are Phoenix, Nashville, St. Louis, and LA.

Suck my defence.
Go Florida too!!

Edit: Post 3,000!

O23L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:28 AM
  #259
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,063
vCash: 500
Its over for Vancouver and Pittsburgh as history will be against then and its a matter now of when the series will end. Hopefully both series will end in 4 games.

For LA though a win vs Vancouver isnt really an upset here seeing they have a team that can go all the way to the cup and a team like Vancouver is someone they would have rather faced in the WCF instead.

Also, their offense is still not that impressive to me yet seeing how depleted the Canucks are. Unless there offense can produce the same kind of numbers as Philly as done in their 1st round series, they are going to have a hard time with the likes of Phoenix, St Louis, Nashville later on.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:33 AM
  #260
O23L
Worst tank ever.
 
O23L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Its over for Vancouver and Pittsburgh as history will be against then and its a matter now of when the series will end. Hopefully both series will end in 4 games.

For LA though a win vs Vancouver isnt really an upset here seeing they have a team that can go all the way to the cup and a team like Vancouver is someone they would have rather faced in the WCF instead.

Also, their offense is still not that impressive to me yet seeing how depleted the Canucks are. Unless there offense can produce the same kind of numbers as Philly as done in their 1st round series, they are going to have a hard time with the likes of Phoenix, St Louis, Nashville later on.
If Phoenix can beat the Hawks, we will play LA if the Blues lose. (Lots of Ifs!). I would feel comfortable in that one.

O23L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:34 AM
  #261
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote
 
Winnipeg Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: British Columbia
Country: England
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Its over for Vancouver and Pittsburgh as history will be against then and its a matter now of when the series will end. Hopefully both series will end in 4 games.

For LA though a win vs Vancouver isnt really an upset here seeing they have a team that can go all the way to the cup and a team like Vancouver is someone they would have rather faced in the WCF instead.

Also, their offense is still not that impressive to me yet seeing how depleted the Canucks are. Unless there offense can produce the same kind of numbers as Philly as done in their 1st round series, they are going to have a hard time with the likes of Phoenix, St Louis, Nashville later on.
Remember that last year the Blackhawks and Red Wings came back from 3-0 to force a game seven. The Canucks and Sharks ultimately prevailed, and in 2010, Philadelphia succeeded against Boston. It's very rare that a team wins, but it's a little more common for them to force a game seven. So the Pens and Canucks series' might go on for a bit with some luck.

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:34 AM
  #262
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful
 
Blubba Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NE Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,267
vCash: 500
No way, LA beating Vancouver is totally an upset. Vancouver was the one major juggernaut in the west, because St. Louis isn't a known commodity yet. LA is a great team, but I doubt anybody thought they had a popsicle's chance in hell. The fact that they went up 3-0 makes it an even bigger upset.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:36 AM
  #263
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote
 
Winnipeg Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: British Columbia
Country: England
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
If Phoenix can beat the Hawks, we will play LA if the Blues lose. (Lots of Ifs!). I would feel comfortable in that one.
Are you certain? I thought division championships only counted in the first round. So, we'd be below Vancouver, St. Louis, Nashville, and Detroit. In that example, we'd play San Jose while Nashville or Detroit would play Los Angeles.

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:38 AM
  #264
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jet View Post
Remember that last year the Blackhawks and Red Wings came back from 3-0 to force a game seven. The Canucks and Sharks ultimately prevailed, and in 2010, Philadelphia succeeded against Boston. It's very rare that a team wins, but it's a little more common for them to force a game seven. So the Pens and Canucks series' might go on for a bit with some luck.
Good point but both Chicago and Detroit didn't have the same cluster**** of issues back then that both Pittsburgh and Vancouver have today.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:41 AM
  #265
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
No way, LA beating Vancouver is totally an upset. Vancouver was the one major juggernaut in the west, because St. Louis isn't a known commodity yet. LA is a great team, but I doubt anybody thought they had a popsicle's chance in hell. The fact that they went up 3-0 makes it an even bigger upset.
Its surprising for sure being a 3-0 series for Vancouver but this isn't a David vs Goalith matchup either unless LA didnt get a coaching change and traded for Carter in the process.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:41 AM
  #266
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote
 
Winnipeg Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: British Columbia
Country: England
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
No way, LA beating Vancouver is totally an upset. Vancouver was the one major juggernaut in the west, because St. Louis isn't a known commodity yet. LA is a great team, but I doubt anybody thought they had a popsicle's chance in hell. The fact that they went up 3-0 makes it an even bigger upset.
I made a bet with a friend. 2-1 odds that the Kings would win, jumps to 10-1 if the Kings sweep. Had the Kings swept, I would have had to pay him 2-1.

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:00 AM
  #267
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful
 
Blubba Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NE Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jet View Post
Are you certain? I thought division championships only counted in the first round. So, we'd be below Vancouver, St. Louis, Nashville, and Detroit. In that example, we'd play San Jose while Nashville or Detroit would play Los Angeles.
In 08-09, the #1 Sharks lost to Anaheim. #2 Detroit played Anaheim and # 3 Vancouver had home ice against # 4 Chicago, even though Chicago had more points.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:36 AM
  #268
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote
 
Winnipeg Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: British Columbia
Country: England
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
In 08-09, the #1 Sharks lost to Anaheim. #2 Detroit played Anaheim and # 3 Vancouver had home ice against # 4 Chicago, even though Chicago had more points.
Ah, it seems you are correct. In the conference semi-finals and finals, the original seeding is retained. Points only re-enter the picture in the Stanley Cup Final. So if Vancouver and St. Louis bow out in the first round, Phoenix gets home ice until they reach the Stanley Cup final.

Okay, now I'm hoping that Los Angeles, San Jose, Ottawa, and Washington win their series. That way Phoenix and Florida would be guaranteed home ice advantage for as long as they remain in the playoffs . . . despite being the sixth best team in each conference on points alone!

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 02:44 AM
  #269
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote
 
Winnipeg Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: British Columbia
Country: England
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Okay, who's loving the LAKings twitter feed?

VIDEO: This video contains @DustinBrown23 hitting Henrik Sedin. Feel free watch as often as you'd like: http://ht.ly/aiyPl

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:27 PM
  #270
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,063
vCash: 500
Today's games are:

Ottawa vs Rangers
Bruins vs Caps
Blues vs Sharks
All are Game 3

James Neal has 2 hearings and Ashan has one.

Pittsburgh is going to need a serious rebuild on D and their bottom 6 offense at this rate.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:40 PM
  #271
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,921
vCash: 500
It's so funny to watch Turris be involved with these scrums. Way out of his league.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:46 PM
  #272
MP
Registered User
 
MP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
It's so funny to watch Turris be involved with these scrums. Way out of his league.
"Why isn't anyone taking me seriously?!"

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:10 PM
  #273
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,063
vCash: 500
Rangers win 1-0 and now has the 2-1 series lead.
Boston vs Washing tied at 3 late in the 3rd.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:13 PM
  #274
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,063
vCash: 500
Boston with a late powerplay.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:18 PM
  #275
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,063
vCash: 500
Boston gets the lead but but Washington will have a PP late in the 3rd.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.