HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 NHL Playoffs: (8) LA Kings vs (6) NJ Devils SCF

Old
04-15-2012, 11:55 PM
XX
Lots of Try

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
I don't care how talented he is, his behavior was unacceptable.
He always came off as a man child to me. I mean, living in Mario's house was the start. Then all the whining, diving and what he did today. And he wears a C. I'd be embarrassed if that was my captain. He's like an -actually- talented Turris. We keep seeing teams with bad captains (Capitals, Sharks, Pens, Canucks) implode. Kind of reminds me how lucky we've been to have Doan around, who is world class.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:46 AM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

Goal LA!

O23L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Sciamachy
Formerly Sceva Sct

Dustin Brown is such a boss. I so hope LA sweeps the Nucks.

Sciamachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:53 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you

I just enjoy the chaos in general. 8 Seed with 2-0 series lead, goaltender changes for last years west champs, what next?

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:57 AM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I just enjoy the chaos in general. 8 Seed with 2-0 series lead, goaltender changes for last years west champs, what next?
Coyotes win a playoff series?

Old
04-16-2012, 01:03 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Coyotes win a playoff series?
We have a great shot at that! I like this idea though!

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:03 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

LOL HF Boads will explode if the 4 teams to make it from the West are Phoenix, Nashville, St. Louis, and LA.

Suck my defence.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:26 AM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
LOL HF Boads will explode if the 4 teams to make it from the West are Phoenix, Nashville, St. Louis, and LA.

Suck my defence.
Go Florida too!!

Edit: Post 3,000!

Old
04-16-2012, 01:28 AM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Its over for Vancouver and Pittsburgh as history will be against then and its a matter now of when the series will end. Hopefully both series will end in 4 games.

For LA though a win vs Vancouver isnt really an upset here seeing they have a team that can go all the way to the cup and a team like Vancouver is someone they would have rather faced in the WCF instead.

Also, their offense is still not that impressive to me yet seeing how depleted the Canucks are. Unless there offense can produce the same kind of numbers as Philly as done in their 1st round series, they are going to have a hard time with the likes of Phoenix, St Louis, Nashville later on.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:33 AM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Its over for Vancouver and Pittsburgh as history will be against then and its a matter now of when the series will end. Hopefully both series will end in 4 games.

For LA though a win vs Vancouver isnt really an upset here seeing they have a team that can go all the way to the cup and a team like Vancouver is someone they would have rather faced in the WCF instead.

Also, their offense is still not that impressive to me yet seeing how depleted the Canucks are. Unless there offense can produce the same kind of numbers as Philly as done in their 1st round series, they are going to have a hard time with the likes of Phoenix, St Louis, Nashville later on.
If Phoenix can beat the Hawks, we will play LA if the Blues lose. (Lots of Ifs!). I would feel comfortable in that one.

Old
04-16-2012, 01:34 AM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post

Remember that last year the Blackhawks and Red Wings came back from 3-0 to force a game seven. The Canucks and Sharks ultimately prevailed, and in 2010, Philadelphia succeeded against Boston. It's very rare that a team wins, but it's a little more common for them to force a game seven. So the Pens and Canucks series' might go on for a bit with some luck.

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 01:34 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

No way, LA beating Vancouver is totally an upset. Vancouver was the one major juggernaut in the west, because St. Louis isn't a known commodity yet. LA is a great team, but I doubt anybody thought they had a popsicle's chance in hell. The fact that they went up 3-0 makes it an even bigger upset.

Old
04-16-2012, 01:36 AM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
If Phoenix can beat the Hawks, we will play LA if the Blues lose. (Lots of Ifs!). I would feel comfortable in that one.
Are you certain? I thought division championships only counted in the first round. So, we'd be below Vancouver, St. Louis, Nashville, and Detroit. In that example, we'd play San Jose while Nashville or Detroit would play Los Angeles.

Old
04-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jet View Post
Remember that last year the Blackhawks and Red Wings came back from 3-0 to force a game seven. The Canucks and Sharks ultimately prevailed, and in 2010, Philadelphia succeeded against Boston. It's very rare that a team wins, but it's a little more common for them to force a game seven. So the Pens and Canucks series' might go on for a bit with some luck.
Good point but both Chicago and Detroit didn't have the same cluster**** of issues back then that both Pittsburgh and Vancouver have today.

Old
04-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
No way, LA beating Vancouver is totally an upset. Vancouver was the one major juggernaut in the west, because St. Louis isn't a known commodity yet. LA is a great team, but I doubt anybody thought they had a popsicle's chance in hell. The fact that they went up 3-0 makes it an even bigger upset.
Its surprising for sure being a 3-0 series for Vancouver but this isn't a David vs Goalith matchup either unless LA didnt get a coaching change and traded for Carter in the process.

Old
04-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
I made a bet with a friend. 2-1 odds that the Kings would win, jumps to 10-1 if the Kings sweep. Had the Kings swept, I would have had to pay him 2-1.

Old
04-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jet View Post
Are you certain? I thought division championships only counted in the first round. So, we'd be below Vancouver, St. Louis, Nashville, and Detroit. In that example, we'd play San Jose while Nashville or Detroit would play Los Angeles.
In 08-09, the #1 Sharks lost to Anaheim. #2 Detroit played Anaheim and # 3 Vancouver had home ice against # 4 Chicago, even though Chicago had more points.

Old
04-16-2012, 02:36 AM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
In 08-09, the #1 Sharks lost to Anaheim. #2 Detroit played Anaheim and # 3 Vancouver had home ice against # 4 Chicago, even though Chicago had more points.
Ah, it seems you are correct. In the conference semi-finals and finals, the original seeding is retained. Points only re-enter the picture in the Stanley Cup Final. So if Vancouver and St. Louis bow out in the first round, Phoenix gets home ice until they reach the Stanley Cup final.

Okay, now I'm hoping that Los Angeles, San Jose, Ottawa, and Washington win their series. That way Phoenix and Florida would be guaranteed home ice advantage for as long as they remain in the playoffs . . . despite being the sixth best team in each conference on points alone!

Old
04-16-2012, 02:44 AM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Okay, who's loving the LAKings twitter feed?

VIDEO: This video contains @DustinBrown23 hitting Henrik Sedin. Feel free watch as often as you'd like: http://ht.ly/aiyPl

Old
04-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Today's games are:

Ottawa vs Rangers
Bruins vs Caps
Blues vs Sharks
All are Game 3

James Neal has 2 hearings and Ashan has one.

Pittsburgh is going to need a serious rebuild on D and their bottom 6 offense at this rate.

Old
04-16-2012, 08:40 PM
awfulwaffle

It's so funny to watch Turris be involved with these scrums. Way out of his league.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 08:46 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
It's so funny to watch Turris be involved with these scrums. Way out of his league.
"Why isn't anyone taking me seriously?!"

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Rangers win 1-0 and now has the 2-1 series lead.
Boston vs Washing tied at 3 late in the 3rd.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Boston with a late powerplay.

Old
04-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Boston gets the lead but but Washington will have a PP late in the 3rd.