HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Report Card

Old
04-07-2012, 08:29 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 500
2011-2012 Report Card

Karlsson- A+ Pretty much all I can say, he dropped off a bit late, but could just be a cold streak

Spezza- A+ One of his best seasons especially with Butler and Greening on his line

Michalek- A Would have liked to see more consistency

Alfredsson- A Great year for his age

Kuba- A- Good bounce back year

Anderson- A- Good for most of the year, struggled a bit early though

Foligno- B+ Good year, but less top 6 time held him back from his potential

Greening- B+ He brings a great effort, but would like to see him
improve his defence a bit

Turris- B+ Great on both sides, but would like to see more offensive consistency

Cowen- B+ Great year for the rookie, hopefully he can become a top 2 defenceman

Phillips- B+ Another player with a good bounce back year

Neil- B+ Having a great year, losing him would be a big loss

Bishop- B+ Played good, small sample size though

Lehner- B Same as Bishop, basically

Smith- B Played good, but would like to see him improve his offense a bit

O'Brien- B- One of the great surprises of the year, played a good bottom 6 game

Winchester- C+ Another played good, but sample size too small to grade fairly

Gonchar- C+ A better year then his last, but would like to see more offence from him

Klinkhammer- C Another surprise, played decently he could be better at burying chances though

Daugavins- C Pretty inconsistent, but was never really terrible

Condra- C- This guy is missing way to many chances, he needs to improve

Carkner- C- At times he played well, sometimes he seemed hesitant to play his role though

Konopka- D+ Usually played his role good enough, however he was pretty sloppy defensively

Gilroy- D Did not do what he was supposed to, and was poor defensively

Auld (lol forgot him at first)- D- Played pretty poorly most of the time, but had a small sample size and a few good moments

Butler- F Played poorly with great linemates, didn't bury his chances, didn't play defence well, didn't play tough, was pretty much dead weight

Ottawa Senators- B+ Surprising year for sure, would like to see them get rid of those losing skids though

Last edited by saskriders: 04-07-2012 at 08:55 PM.
saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 08:47 PM
sensfan191919

you marked a few of them a little hard. gonchar was actually really good this year (maybe not on defense), konopka played better than i expected, phillips had a very solid year as well, and gilroy wasnt that bad. i disagree with cowens mark. he had a great start but nearing the end of the season he, in my opinion, was playing terribly. he was giving up the puck and pinching in the wrong situations. anyways still a great year for them

sensfan191919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 08:50 PM
benjiv1

Goalies:

Anderson- B+
Auld- F
Bishop- B
Lehner- A-

Defence:

Carkner- F
Cowen- B
Karlsson- A+
Kuba- A-
Gilroy- C
Gonchar- B
Phillips- B

Forwards:

Alfredsson- B+
Spezza- A+
Michalek- A
Turris- B+
Foligno- B+
Greening- A-
Condra- C+
Daugavins- C
Smith- B
Neil- B+
Butler- F
Konopka- C+
Klinkhammer- B-
Winchester- B

benjiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:04 PM
2Cowen

Karlsson- A- Phenomenal offensively, could work on his defense a tad bit

Spezza- A+ The Spezza we are accustomed to. The myth that Heatley made Spezza who he is is horse crap.

Michalek- A- Almost injury free season and he's having the best season of his career with respect to goals. Invisible at times though

Alfredsson- A You can tell his decision making has slipped off a bit but he's been excellent for his age.

Kuba- A Log's huge minutes and is pretty damn good this season

Anderson- A Picked it up in the latter half of the season, one of the primary reasons we are in a playoff spot

Foligno- B- Tries to do too much at time's but resurgence once brought into the top 6

Greening- B Does not utilize his size as much as I would like since he seems like a perfect 3rd liner. Got used outside of his comfort zone.

Turris- B+ Only this low because he missed training camp and a portion of the season + getting accustomed to new team mates.

Cowen- B+ Minor rookie mistakes are obviously evident but he will be a huge part of our team going forward.

Phillips- A- He has been excellent this year minus the beginning of the season. Steady in the back end and is extremely durable

Neil- A Awesome year for Neiler. He is always noticeable when he's on the ice and can shift the momentum for and against the team. Play's his role exceptionally well.

Bishop- B- Good for the game's he has played.

Lehner- B- Didn't really get to play many games but the games he played indicates he is near ready to play in the NHL

Smith- B Awesome third line centre. Gritty, fights and can pot goals as well. He makes me forget about Kelly

O'Brien- B+ I am liking JOB more and more. He is a pretty smart player and does his role very well. Excellent PK'er as well

Winchester- C+ I forgot how well this guy plays the boards. Havent complained once since he got back into the lineup

Gonchar- B Pulled a 360 from last year. He still looks very non chalant at times but his defensive play (especially his stick work) has been relatively good

Klinkhammer- C- Fit for the bottom 6. Outside of his first few games for Ottawa he has been practically invisible

Daugavins- C- Was on a hot streak for a while but the dog has died off. I think he is expendable

Condra- C Smart hockey player but lacks the finish. He works pretty hard to generate the chances he does get though

Carkner- C+ His speed will always be a negative but he plays his role pretty well and is a serviceable 6/7th defense man.

Konopka- C- Seems to me he was brought in to bring some toughness, haven't seen much of it and if he did get into a fight he would be on the losing end for most of them. Seems like a good locker guy though

Gilroy- D+ Not sure why B.Murr traded for this guy. Does not seem to gel with anyone on the team and is often seen skating in pretzel shapes hoping someone understands or will anticipate what he'll do

Butler- **** you.

Ottawa Senators- C+ Not really surprised since I never counted them out of the playoff pictures. Never really understood why everyone including the so called "experts" predicted them last in the east.

2Cowen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Benny FTW
Power Bottom

vCash: 50
Goalies:

Anderson- A
Auld- D
Bishop- B
Lehner- B+

Defence:

Carkner- B-
Cowen- B+
Karlsson- A+
Kuba- A
Gilroy- D
Gonchar- B+
Phillips- B

Forwards:

Alfredsson- A
Spezza- A+
Michalek- A
Turris- B+
Foligno- B+
Greening- A-
Condra- B-
Daugavins- C
Smith- B
Neil- B+
Butler- F
Konopka- B-
Klinkhammer- B
Winchester- B

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 02:01 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

OP's ratings are bang on, imo.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 04:10 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Goalies:
Anderson: B (Stretches of AMAZING play are countered by a terrible first month and league-worst chicken cutting skills.)
Auld: M (getting an "F" would be too generous here, way too high a grade)
Bishop: A- (can't have asked for anything more out of him, he was a key pickup and performed phenomenally well. Injury downgrades him a bit, though.)
Lehner: A- (No complaints about his play, but gets a minus attached to his "A" for inconsistent year overall)

Defence:
Carkner: D- (The only reason I didn't give him an "F-" was because his awful play is probably the result of his injury)
Cowen: B (good rookie year to build on.)
Karlsson: A+ (I'd give him an A++ if I could.)
Kuba: B+ (Based on his turnaround, he should get an A+, based on this season vs his career norm, B+ makes sense)
Gilroy: C-/D+ (hasn't been NEARLY as bad as some people make him out to be. I gave him a bit of leniency in his grade here -pushing it from a D+ to a C-, for being a PMD who is having to learn a new system so late in the year, which can be a challenge. Obviously has not been great, however. Might do better in this system with a full training camp to learn his role on a Maclean team. Has had moments where he looks like he could be a 40-pt defenceman in the league, and others where he looks like he's playing men's rec league.)
Gonchar: B (Huge bounceback year, but is getting older and won't ever come close to approaching the production from his prime. Has had a decent season regardless, and has apparently been a great leader and mentor for some young guys.)
Phillips: B (Same as Gonch, but I think he has another level he can get to. Is more suited for Playoffs hockey, and we'll see if he can build on that.)

Forwards:
Alfredsson: A (can't ask for any more from a 39 year old. Has emotionally carried the team all season)
Spezza: A+ (Career year = A+. Not much else to say. Proved why he's a top center in the league.)
Michalek: A- (Gangbusters to start the season, mixed with long dry spells. Inconsistency earns him the minus, but overall a year that vindicates the Heatley deal)
Turris: B+ (Steady. A welcome addition who needs a full season here to properly evaluate)
Foligno: B+ (Has been phenomenally inconsistent, and takes retarded penalties occasionally, but has put up career numbers and looks like he can build on that going forward. Has the opportunity to prove he can be considered a 2nd line winger around the league if he can maintain his production throughout the playoffs.)
Greening: A (I don't think he'll improve much at 25 years old, WYSIWYG... but if this is near his peak, he's still a great multi-line threat, is effective on the 1st or 3rd line. Blew away expectations this year.)
Condra: C- (defensively responsible, but is the most snakebitten player on the team when it comes to offence. Could have had 35-40 points if he had the skill/luck to bury the ridiculous number of chances he wasted this year. His blatant scoring misses were morale drains on the team.)
Daugavins: C+ (Seems like a good dressing room guy. Plays PK minutes, and is more than just a warm body, albeit not by much. His penchant for being hilarious raised his "C" to a "C+", it's hard to root against this guy)
Smith: C+ (Was an all-world 3rd line center to start the year, then fell off a cliff. Went 2g-3a-5pts in his last 40 games. His slump was one of the big reasons our scoring dried up in the new year. Still has the ability to be a 35-point 3rd line C. Needs to have a good playoffs)
Neil: A (possibly Neiler's finest season as a Sen. Had his 2nd highest scoring season, but was a visible leader on the team and a difference maker all year on the ice even when he didn't show up in the score column. Anyone who says he doesn't deserve his salary can take a long walk off a short bridge.)
Butler: F- (I would have given Butler an even lower grade, but mercifully we found a way to keep him out of the lineup in the 2nd half of the year. I will increase Butler's grade retroactively if we can trade him for ANYTHING of value in the offseason)
Konopka: !@#?@% (Any grade I give Konopka will come with an infraction from the Mods for abusive and hateful language, so I'm just going to refrain here. In the words of Paul Maclean - "I can't afford it")
Klinkhammer: C- (Meh. Guy can't score or contribute offensively whatsoever, but does some of the little things you like to see on the ice. Just about the most replaceable guy on the Sens roster, but also doesn't hurt you out there, hence the completely average grade. A warm body.)

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote