Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-01-2012, 08:41 AM
the4thHansonbrother

vCash: 500
Just a couple things...1st, the charge for parking.

Is it a pain in the ass? Yuuup. Will it break the bank? If so, you prob should go to the grocery store or pay your rent instead then. Bottom line is, yeah, we are all frustrated at not having a "winning" team, so it is easy to whine about a chrage for parking, but really...if you want to see Jr hockey, you will pay it.

As for people complaining about the 8-2 loss in a pre-season game against a team that damn near won it all...seriously? Clearly just like to *****, and have no real insight on the game of hockey. The one goalie out of the 2 that played last night, and will actually play in the season, only allowed 2 goals...that my friends is what we in the business is called a "positive". Will we be world beaters this season, of course not...will we contend for the Mem Cup...if you think so, you're an idiot...but we should be an "ok" team. Not to mention, there is a likely hood that we will do something we had a chance to a couple years ago, and didnt...that is cash in on our biggest asset before he is gone. When Stamkos was here, the team held on to him when they should have traded him and cashed in on what he was worth, unless somehow we become cup contenders, it is likely we could see Galchenyuk go, which as much as I don't want to see him go, I also don't want to see him not come back next year, and us not have gotten anything for him while we could.

No comment on Fan's and JWalk's comments...they have valid complaints! lol

As for cupcrazyman...what the hell is your point? I am confused...are you compaining that people drink? Or are you complaining beer prices are to high? lol

Old
09-01-2012, 08:52 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4thHansonbrother View Post

Is it a pain in the ass? Yuuup. Will it break the bank? If so, you prob should go to the grocery store or pay your rent instead then. Bottom line is, yeah, we are all frustrated at not having a "winning" team, so it is easy to whine about a chrage for parking, but really...if you want to see Jr hockey, you will pay it.

As for people complaining about the 8-2 loss in a pre-season game against a team that damn near won it all...seriously? Clearly just like to *****, and have no real insight on the game of hockey. The one goalie out of the 2 that played last night, and will actually play in the season, only allowed 2 goals...that my friends is what we in the business is called a "positive". Will we be world beaters this season, of course not...will we contend for the Mem Cup...if you think so, you're an idiot...but we should be an "ok" team. Not to mention, there is a likely hood that we will do something we had a chance to a couple years ago, and didnt...that is cash in on our biggest asset before he is gone. When Stamkos was here, the team held on to him when they should have traded him and cashed in on what he was worth, unless somehow we become cup contenders, it is likely we could see Galchenyuk go, which as much as I don't want to see him go, I also don't want to see him not come back next year, and us not have gotten anything for him while we could.

As for cupcrazyman...what the hell is your point? I am confused...are you compaining that people drink? Or are you complaining beer prices are to high? lol
Heading down for Monday's game...what's the price for parking? If it's anything under the 8-10 bucks I pay every game in London it's a steal.

Old
09-01-2012, 08:56 AM
the4thHansonbrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Heading down for Monday's game...what's the price for parking? If it's anything under the 8-10 bucks I pay every game in London it's a steal.
Hahahahahahahahahaha....and this my friends is why we have no right to complain...Phyler, it's $2...not even sure if they charge it during exibition though lol

Old
09-01-2012, 08:58 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Hahahahahahahahahaha....and this my friends is why we have no right to complain...Phyler, it's $2...not even sure if they charge it during exibition though lol
2 bucks?....and people are complaining? The last time I paid 2 bucks for a Knights game to park...Rob Ramage was captain...LMAO

Look me up...I'm in section 101 on Monday.

Old
09-01-2012, 09:24 AM
dino200022

Quote:
2 bucks?....and people are complaining? The last time I paid 2 bucks for a Knights game to park...Rob Ramage was captain...LMAO

Look me up...I'm in section 101 on Monday.
I always park on queens and walk to free in London PP...does the body good!

Old
09-01-2012, 09:31 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
I always park on queens and walk to free in London PP...does the body good!
Can't...gotta park close by...my dad is 76 and needs to be as close as possible.

Old
09-01-2012, 09:33 AM
dino200022

Quote:
Can't...gotta park close by...my dad is 76 and needs to be as close as possible.
Understandable......they should sell some kind of discounted parking pass IMO but thanks to IMPARK owning all of downtown goodluck.

Old
09-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Baldy

Quote:

And the bolded area is the problem with fans who slavishly support the club win or lose..."we should be an OK team". That apparently is good enough.
The club will more than likely trade Gally and a few other 'star' players, but given the history of the team they will get burned. The Sting are a team in perpetual rebuild mode.

Old
09-01-2012, 10:43 AM
the4thHansonbrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
And the bolded area is the problem with fans who slavishly support the club win or lose..."we should be an OK team". That apparently is good enough.
The club will more than likely trade Gally and a few other 'star' players, but given the history of the team they will get burned. The Sting are a team in perpetual rebuild mode.
Sadly...I agree, the team needs to be more than just "OK", and I think at times, the teams potential exceeds what actually gets shown on the ice, which to me is truly the most disappointing thing, whether they get burned or not, good question.

Old
09-01-2012, 10:49 AM
StungbySting

Quote:
The reason fans don't complain about parking in London is because they have won it all and are usually a very competitive team. People won't complain about ticket prices and price hikes if the product on the ice is a winner

Old
09-01-2012, 10:52 AM
the4thHansonbrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
The reason fans don't complain about parking in London is because they have won it all and are usually a very competitive team. People won't complain about ticket prices and price hikes if the product on the ice is a winner
Would love to agree with you, but that is a load of crap...fans in Sarnia would complain anyway...but regardless, complaining won't do anything anyway, people should simply be happy it is not more.

Old
09-01-2012, 11:12 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Would love to agree with you, but that is a load of crap...fans in Sarnia would complain anyway...but regardless, complaining won't do anything anyway, people should simply be happy it is not more.
I'm leaning on your side here...if you're complaining about 2 bucks to park...you'd complain about not getting $1 million bucks plus one if someone gave you $1 million. Some people are just habitual bellyachers

Old
09-01-2012, 11:16 AM
StungbySting

Quote:
I'm leaning on your side here...if you're complaining about 2 bucks to park...you'd complain about not getting $1 million bucks plus one if someone gave you $1 million. Some people are just habitual bellyachers
And some people have supported a team since 1994 that hasn't improved.

Old
09-01-2012, 11:18 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
And some people have supported a team since 1994 that hasn't improved.
I see your point..but what you pay for parking has about as much to do with the product on the ice as jelly beans belong in potato salad....they're not connected at all.

Old
09-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Baldy

I think most of the complaints about parking $$ have to do with the fact that there was never a charge for it before. Spoiled with free parking for so many years, and then it is announced just prior to the season starting. People will get used to it.
I am not sure, but I seem to recall reading or hearing that the charge is effective starting 02 Sep, so you may have to pay on Monday. Be prepared to wait even longer as those who have not heard the news look for money or cripe to the attendants.
Also, the charge appears to be different depending on event. Mayor Mike mentioned that there is a $5 charge for the Elton John concert.

Old
09-01-2012, 12:20 PM
the4thHansonbrother

Quote:
I see your point..but what you pay for parking has about as much to do with the product on the ice as jelly beans belong in potato salad....they're not connected at all.
Hate to agree with a Knights fan...but when you're right, you're right lol. And yes, depending on the event the parking charge changes, line ups going in should be interesting as well as they use those toll booths to collect it, specially adding in Baldy's point of those who are unaware and those who are aware but never seem to have change ready...

Old
09-01-2012, 01:44 PM
getrdone71

Quote:
I think its not the parking that everyone is completly upset about but it would be the last dagger. As our season tickets all went up by ove 50 bucks. (For a team that has proven to not be competative) then they spring the 2 dollar parking just over a week before the season starts. Even when we got our season tix this year there wasn't even a letter explaining the parking fee. Which any business would notify you of the increase. The park that bugs me is the mis information on the parking and then the ticket hike for a un proven team.

Just my 2 cents

Old
09-01-2012, 01:55 PM
johnnydrum

Hiya Sting fans.
Nice to see the boards picking up pace----were finally out of August.
Anyone got a look at the Euros yet?
Are they in camp yet?
Much love to you all (and warm wishes to Heather & Ted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie04 View Post
Alright so there are some people complaining on facebook that the Sting got blown out 8-2 last night in a pre season game. Pre-season is a good tool to help coaches assess where players are and what needs to be worked on so to me losing in pre season isn't a big deal at all.

Also someone said that this is mostly the same team from last year so to argue that here is the following:

Returning Forwards: Alberga (OA), Hottot (OA), Sarault (OA), Dundas, Boucher, Hottot, Latta , Galchenyuk (maybe)

New forwards: Bryan Moore, Brett Hargrave, Davis Brown*, Alexendre Renaud, Daniel Nikandrov*, Nathan Mater*, Nikolay Goldobin (import), Jordan Addessi

So you basicially have half and half mix of new and old up front.
* Brown only saw 14 games last year, Nikandrov saw 7 games, Mater saw 19 games. Even in those games those players saw very limited ice. So to say that those players were there and played is not really all that accurate in my opinion.

The defensive core will pretty much be the same but losing Chiarlitti is a problem that will hurt the blue line and I don't think anyone can argue that. The addition of DiPaolo as a regular and import Nemeck is really the only change to the back end. But when all your players don't know your system getting trapped in your zone is pretty easy to do.

Old
09-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Stevie04

For the people complaining about parking I am sure they will find somewhere else to park. There will soon be a vacant lot across the street and lets be honest there is a mall that isn't overly busy. Also there is always the Sarnia Transit shuttle from the Clearwater Arena but I hear that even has at least $1 charge and that may even be possibly $2.

Old
09-01-2012, 05:30 PM
fanofdo

Here's the thing on parking.

First off, don't compare Sarnia to London. London was built downtown - parking is mostly owned by private people - tax payers did not build the parking and have to pay a second time. I have attended many London games and have never paid $8 - and when I have parked, I have had many choices to go to dinner or lunch.

The facility, it appears is short on money - we really haven't got the truth yet as to who is really initiating the charge for parking. Note many people already pay for parking. More importantly, if this team did not have one of the poorest records in the OHL, the facility would have significantly more income. Once again it comes down to pathetic ownership.

For those defending the 'team', read the stats - mark my words we are in for at least 2 tough years - meaning we will drop even further, perhaps 'catching' those below us.

Of course you can buy the sales pitch of 'we are rebuilding', and you should - no other team in the OHL has more experience...but no success.

Old
09-02-2012, 07:44 AM
dansk55

Quote:
Totally agree...people could sit all day at work, make $100 bucks/h and complain the bench is too hard.
The only snafu on the parking thing is timing. Leave early to get there. There needs to be an added entrance or people will miss the drop of the puck. Many do now and there is no charge. If you are paying to park in the back forty, might as well park on the streets in the nearby neighbourhood and cut thru.
If you can afford $8 beer, parking should not be an issue.
As for the team, it is exhibition. Teams do well in xhibiton and flounder during the season or vice versa. Goal scoring will be a killer for us.
So who is ur new captain? i'd say Murph. Need someone who leads by example...

Old
09-02-2012, 08:43 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post
So who is ur new captain? i'd say Murph. Need someone who leads by example...
for me, it has to be Hottot or Alberga. Likely Hottot

These two seem to be the leaders both on and off the ice in every non-organized
Team function they do. I'd imagine Galchenyuk, Murphy, Sarault would wear A's possibly.

I'd look at one of them 5 to wear the letters and the OA Jacko decides to keep 100% will get the C ...again, Hottot would be my choice

Old
09-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Baldy

http://www.theobserver.ca/2012/08/31...hing-for-goals
Galchenyuk possibly going to Europe??? Are the Sting putting this out there to prepare the fans for more bad news or is this just chatter to be ignored?

Old
09-02-2012, 09:33 AM
the4thHansonbrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum View Post
Hiya Sting fans.
Nice to see the boards picking up pace----were finally out of August.
Anyone got a look at the Euros yet?
Are they in camp yet?
Much love to you all (and warm wishes to Heather & Ted)
Nikolai Goldobin is having some immigration issues, but Nemcek looked really good in camp...I have been told the Goldobin should be here anytime, will be interesting to see how he does...Igor Larionov is 2 for 2 so far with his clients, so I expect Nikolai to be good.

As for those wondering about a new captain...Hottot is the best choice, easily the hardest working guy out there, and will have one of the final OA spots for sure!

Goalies will clearly be JP and Barrick, Ryan Hergott looked good in camp as well, but why am I discussing goalies? We will only trade them anyway...

Watch for Reid Boucher and Charlie Sarault to continue where they left off last year, also Justice Dundas looks as if he wants to be more than muscle, looks like he may just do that as well, him and Alberga were good together at camp. As for new, or "newer" guys, I expect if Davis Brown plays with Sarault he should have a great year, those two appeared to have some chemistry in camp. Daniel Nikandrov will be another that should have a good year, great hand eye and makes smart plays. Anthony DeAngelo of course, is looking great as well!

Let's drop the puck, I am definitely ready for some hockey...parking costs or no parking costs!

Old
09-02-2012, 09:38 AM
the4thHansonbrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
http://www.theobserver.ca/2012/08/31...hing-for-goals
Galchenyuk possibly going to Europe??? Are the Sting putting this out there to prepare the fans for more bad news or is this just chatter to be ignored?
No, the Obsever is just a really crappy newspaper who is stirring **** up, Galchenyuk is in Sarnia this year. End of story.

Closed Thread