*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-02-2012, 01:37 PM
PdashOw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the4thHansonbrother View Post
No, the Obsever is just a really crappy newspaper who is stirring **** up, Galchenyuk is in Sarnia this year. End of story.
It's actually just the Observer reporting what they were told. The exact quote from Beaulieu was "It's all up in the air."

If he's going to be back, they aren't confirming it, and without SOMEONE saying he'll be here, I can't report it. Also, he wasn't in camp last week, so I never got the chance to ask him.

It's a very safe assumption that he will be in Sarnia, and not in Europe, but the news aspect of my job doesn't work on assumptions.

Hope that clears things up. -Paul

Old
09-02-2012, 03:24 PM
the4thHansonbrother

Very true that he was not here during camp due to NHLPA showcase, but from what I know, as long as he is not in Montreal, he is in Sarnia. Likely scenario is he would not be in Montreal even if there is an NHL season, not because he is not ready...but mainly because the Canadiens have no reason to rush him. As for how long Sarnia keeps him...we will find out at the deadline I guess. As for the "It's all up on the air" comment, I am just curious, was JB talking about the possibility of NHL or Europe?

Old
09-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Just to be clear:

He was at the NHLPA rookie showcase for a couple of days last week, then went to the BioSteel camp for 3 days, I believe. Both were in Toronto. He was at the BioSteel camp last year too.

According to his tweets he was back with his Sting teammates yesterday as they went to do a sandhills exercice.

Old
09-02-2012, 04:28 PM
PdashOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4thHansonbrother View Post
As for the "It's all up on the air" comment, I am just curious, was JB talking about the possibility of NHL or Europe?
Both. He was completely non-committal on both accounts. The only thing he said was that, if they're playing and he's not in Montreal, he'd be in Sarnia because he has nowhere else to go.

I plan on talking to him this week (maybe even tomorrow) to ask about his plans, so keep an eye out for that.

Old
09-02-2012, 05:23 PM
the4thHansonbrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdashOw View Post
Both. He was completely non-committal on both accounts. The only thing he said was that, if they're playing and he's not in Montreal, he'd be in Sarnia because he has nowhere else to go.

I plan on talking to him this week (maybe even tomorrow) to ask about his plans, so keep an eye out for that.
Yeah, well JB is good for not giving a whole lot from what I hear...but I do know 100% Gally will NOT be in Europe, thankfully lol. Although, maybe see if they have any clue if Hottot will be the next captain lol

Old
09-02-2012, 09:55 PM
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust

-nothing wrong with having a beer at the game but supply because of demand.if they charged $10 would we have any takers ? what about $12,$15 etc,etc.

-i thought the Observer was doing a better job reporting since they trimmed their roster.

-i've been a fan since 1994 but the teams record speaks for itself

-there already is a city surcharge on the ticket price & now a 2nd one.

Old
09-03-2012, 08:04 AM
the4thHansonbrother

For those wondering, the parking fee is NOT in effect for pre-season games...

Old
09-03-2012, 08:27 AM
krauss72

Here's to hoping we can play a full 60 mins like the first 10 mins the other night. Regarding the parking weather I like it or not it's here. What this organization needs is a marketing and communications class. The way this was handled was pathetic. Any word if JPA and Galy are playing today?

Old
09-03-2012, 08:34 AM
mkraayen

To my knowledge, Gally will be playing today. Anderson I am not sure, but assume he will play at least play half considering teams typically play most of their regular line-up for home pre-season games.

Old
09-03-2012, 08:51 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Heading down today. One of my favourite opposition rinks to catch a game..even if it is only an exxy game. 5 of us in 101...look for the Jenkins jersey.

Old
09-03-2012, 12:25 PM
the4thHansonbrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by krauss72 View Post
Here's to hoping we can play a full 60 mins like the first 10 mins the other night. Regarding the parking weather I like it or not it's here. What this organization needs is a marketing and communications class. The way this was handled was pathetic. Any word if JPA and Galy are playing today?

Yes, both JP and Gally are in, Lineup changes from Friday - Out - DiPaolo, Duininck, Hottot, Dawe In - Chapman, Kuzmyk, Galchenyuk and Anderson.

Old
09-03-2012, 06:15 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Nice meeting Sting Fire today...had a good chat.

I don't normally go into other teams threads and say much...but this is bugging the crap outa me.

Josh Anderson with a pretty cheap hit on DeAngelo...it happens and I don't condone it. Really no reason to do it...didn't expect I'd see Josh do something like that. What troubled me the most...was Sarnia's response... well...lack of. Here's arguably your best defenseman..getting piled from behind...and he has to get up and make Anderson answer the bell. Pretty stunned by the Sting not having a reply at all. Sure (I think)they had Galchenyuk,Boucher,Serault and Murphy on the ice with him at the time....but somebody nut up. That was pathetic.

Old
09-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Sting Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Nice meeting Sting Fire today...had a good chat.

I don't normally go into other teams threads and say much...but this is bugging the crap outa me.

Josh Anderson with a pretty cheap hit on DeAngelo...it happens and I don't condone it. Really no reason to do it...didn't expect I'd see Josh do something like that. What troubled me the most...was Sarnia's response... well...lack of. Here's arguably your best defenseman..getting piled from behind...and he has to get up and make Anderson answer the bell. Pretty stunned by the Sting not having a reply at all. Sure (I think)they had Galchenyuk,Boucher,Serault and Murphy on the ice with him at the time....but somebody nut up. That was pathetic.
Toally agree PP, Murphy as a 19 year old should have answered the Bell, no questions asked. All I can say what a mistake on Jocko's part letting Nevins go. He was a pain in the ____ all game. London fans you got a good one here for a 9th round pick. Trust me he is not a Flemmington.

Old
09-03-2012, 08:04 PM
krauss72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Fire View Post
Toally agree PP, Murphy as a 19 year old should have answered the Bell, no questions asked. All I can say what a mistake on Jocko's part letting Nevins go. He was a pain in the ____ all game. London fans you got a good one here for a 9th round pick. Trust me he is not a Flemmington.
A much better effort for 60 min. And I do agree regarding the cheap shot on DeAngelo.

Old
09-03-2012, 08:23 PM
lazyboy

I was at today's game and wasn't aware of what set D'Angelo off - now i know. I've attended virtually every game the past 3 years and for the most part that has always been a point of weakness for the sting (having players step in for one another).....Galy was dominant out there today, seemed bigger, made plays, good puck protection and quick release. All this might be too much of a good thing whenever NHL training camps open up though lol....really thought most of the vets/regulars stood out but thats to be expected against london's B squad.....i've been lurking these boards for a few years now but hope to post more often this season

Old
09-03-2012, 09:12 PM
hardoil3232

nevins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Fire View Post
can nevins match up to bowen and bilkie could not believe de angelo having to fight anderson

Old
09-03-2012, 10:25 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoil3232 View Post
can nevins match up to bowen and bilkie could not believe de angelo having to fight anderson
Nevins handled himself well against Bilcke twice last season.

Old
09-04-2012, 10:24 AM
SarniaSting101

Just got back into town after being at the cottage all summer and am catching up on the posts and newspapers to get a feel on what is happening with the Sting! Are the goalies all set? I see JP, Barrick, and Dawe listed on the website and I heard Hergott is possibly still around? Any updates would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old
09-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Sting Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarniaSting101 View Post
Just got back into town after being at the cottage all summer and am catching up on the posts and newspapers to get a feel on what is happening with the Sting! Are the goalies all set? I see JP, Barrick, and Dawe listed on the website and I heard Hergott is possibly still around? Any updates would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hergott expected to start with Mooretown Jr C this year. Not impressed with Dawe and Barrick still has to show he can play at this level. If JP goes down could be long season in Stingland.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:35 AM
hockeylegend11

Just saw on his twitter page O/A winger Domenic Alberga is now a Kitchener Ranger,dont know the return for Sarnia yet
That leaves Hottot,Anderson and Sarault as the 3 O/As

Old
09-05-2012, 11:46 AM
mkraayen

As per Loosepucks & Sarnia Sting twitter accounts, it is for a 2013 6th Rnd pick (originally Windsor's)

Old
09-05-2012, 11:53 AM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkraayen View Post
As per Loosepucks & Sarnia Sting twitter accounts, it is for a 2013 6th Rnd pick (originally Windsor's)
Hate to see him go but guessing of the two eligibles, he brought the most value. Wrong OA IMO. Good trade for dom tho...to a contender, not a pretender.

Old
09-05-2012, 12:09 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post
Hate to see him go but guessing of the two eligibles, he brought the most value. Wrong OA IMO. Good trade for dom tho...to a contender, not a pretender.
Wrong OA? How so? Everyone of these OAs have good value but, with all due respect to Alberga, he was probably the most expendable

- Sarault led the team in points and was damn impressive in camp. Plays ALL minutes
- Hottot (local boy) bleeds competitiveness, can score, fight, so on and so on
- JP Anderson, ticket sales and wins rest on the back of him last year

I think Jacques made the right decision here. Its not good that we have to see another great kid and team player like Alberga leave but when you have 5 similar OAs then someone has to go.

I get that Sarnia fans (especially long term ones) are down in the dumps but not everything needs negative light shed on it. Good trade. Had to be done. Don't see how this needs to
Be criticized too.

I like the way this team is coming together

Old
09-05-2012, 02:17 PM
krauss72

Dom's another fine young man I hate to see leave. But wish him the best of luck in Kitch.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:29 PM
bobbygore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Wrong OA? How so? Everyone of these OAs have good value but, with all due respect to Alberga, he was probably the most expendable

- Sarault led the team in points and was damn impressive in camp. Plays ALL minutes
- Hottot (local boy) bleeds competitiveness, can score, fight, so on and so on
- JP Anderson, ticket sales and wins rest on the back of him last year

I think Jacques made the right decision here. Its not good that we have to see another great kid and team player like Alberga leave but when you have 5 similar OAs then someone has to go.

I get that Sarnia fans (especially long term ones) are down in the dumps but not everything needs negative light shed on it. Good trade. Had to be done. Don't see how this needs to
Be criticized too.

I like the way this team is coming together
All the Sting get for Alberga is a 6th rounder? Seems a little light for a guy that the coach gave liberal icetime to both on the PK and the second unit PP.Didn't they give up a 4th rounder to aquire him ? Kind of makes you think that the rest of the league didn't put anywhere near the value on this player as the GM did. Glad it isn't my money financing this.

Closed Thread