HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2012, 10:34 PM
PdashOw

vCash: 500
Actually, my post said I was here to clarify my coverage. For example, a few pages back there was a comment about Galchenyuk's potentially playing in Europe in the Observer, and I clarified where that came from. That's the sort of thing I'm here to do.

I haven't taken an issue with your position at all, and nor will I. As I've stated, I'm not here to post my opinions on how the team is or isn't being run.

I've also said I can't really speak to the Observer's former coverage, especially not as far back as 1999-2000. What I can speak to is current coverage, which I'm more than happy to do if you have a question about that.

Finally, if you don't like the ask the coach bit, that's okay. I was just hoping I could get better questions from the readers on here than some of the ones I have been getting. And I did. A lot of your questions were very good, and I'm not sure why you wouldn't submit them to the feature.

Old
09-12-2012, 06:13 AM
fanofdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdashOw View Post
Actually, my post said I was here to clarify my coverage. For example, a few pages back there was a comment about Galchenyuk's potentially playing in Europe in the Observer, and I clarified where that came from. That's the sort of thing I'm here to do.

I haven't taken an issue with your position at all, and nor will I. As I've stated, I'm not here to post my opinions on how the team is or isn't being run.

Not arguing what you said, but what exactly is your roll (again). If it is to cover the team, not give an opinion, then isn't it one of the biggest stories that we have is that we may not make the playoffs this year (especially if we sell) and are most likely headed for another two year period of rebuilding? Dramatically falling attendance? Eighteen years of futility, with no real end in sight?

I've also said I can't really speak to the Observer's former coverage, especially not as far back as 1999-2000.

How do you know where to go if you don't know where you are coming from? I could be wrong, but, I think the goal is to provide a product that customers want. Given that wouldn't it make sense to ask what the customer want? The same old or maybe something different?

What I can speak to is current coverage, which I'm more than happy to do if you have a question about that.

Great - let me ask again. Why doesn't the Observer do an unbiased series of articles regarding the overall performance of this franchise? Base it on fact - discuss the use of tax payer money, compare number of players drafted/signed to other teams - look at what other successful teams have done. Understand I am not saying everything is all bad. We don't need another ask the coach segment. With all due respect, I have seen grade school and high school students do this. I guarantee this would have the town talkin and buying newspapers.

Finally, if you don't like the ask the coach bit, that's okay. I was just hoping I could get better questions from the readers on here than some of the ones I have been getting. And I did. A lot of your questions were very good, and I'm not sure why you wouldn't submit them to the feature.
Answered above, however let me expand;

- It has been done before i.e. at breakfast with the Sting. It is pathetic - GM looks over at owner, almost choking an gives an evasive answer. The Observer has chose to avoid any issue around their poor performance - to the point you wonder if they have editorial veto. The only time I can really remember anything negative towards the organization was after another 1st round thumping - Dave Borody had the readers write in their comments, wasn't pretty. Nothing from him though. (Who does he work for now?)

- I choose to post my questions here - as you have pointed out, the majority of the people are very well versed in the OHL and the Sting. The discussions are meaningful - I suggest that many people end up here due to the lack of unbiased media reporting. You came here looking for questions, I have made suggestions that you can take or leave.

- Lastly, it would send a message, a very, very big message, to the Sting organization that the 18 year free ride is done - the Observer doing their own article will carry ten times the weight than the same set of questions from a reader. Surely you understand that, and if you don't, really, please explain.

Old
09-12-2012, 07:30 AM
StungbySting

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofdo View Post
Answered above, however let me expand;

- It has been done before i.e. at breakfast with the Sting. It is pathetic - GM looks over at owner, almost choking an gives an evasive answer. The Observer has chose to avoid any issue around their poor performance - to the point you wonder if they have editorial veto. The only time I can really remember anything negative towards the organization was after another 1st round thumping - Dave Borody had the readers write in their comments, wasn't pretty. Nothing from him though. (Who does he work for now?)

- I choose to post my questions here - as you have pointed out, the majority of the people are very well versed in the OHL and the Sting. The discussions are meaningful - I suggest that many people end up here due to the lack of unbiased media reporting. You came here looking for questions, I have made suggestions that you can take or leave.

- Lastly, it would send a message, a very, very big message, to the Sting organization that the 18 year free ride is done - the Observer doing their own article will carry ten times the weight than the same set of questions from a reader. Surely you understand that, and if you don't, really, please explain.
This is something that is LONG over due. It doesn't have to be a doom and gloom article, but one based on facts comparing the Sting with other OHL franchises. For once, I would love to hear management give legit answers instead of dancing around it. I have a feeling they would take the defensive and probably attach who ever is conducting the interview if they were to answer any questions at all.

Old
09-12-2012, 09:03 AM
fanofdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
This is something that is LONG over due. It doesn't have to be a doom and gloom article, but one based on facts comparing the Sting with other OHL franchises. For once, I would love to hear management give legit answers instead of dancing around it. I have a feeling they would take the defensive and probably attach who ever is conducting the interview if they were to answer any questions at all.
Exactly, well said. This is no way a witch hunt. Again, it would make it so much more relevant coming directly from an Observer reporter.

I honestly believe had this been done several years ago, this franchise would be in a much better position. Would like to hear from the other loyal posters on this.

Old
09-12-2012, 09:05 AM
PdashOw

"Not arguing what you said, but what exactly is your roll (again). If it is to cover the team, not give an opinion, then isn't it one of the biggest stories that we have is that we may not make the playoffs this year (especially if we sell) and are most likely headed for another two year period of rebuilding? Dramatically falling attendance? Eighteen years of futility, with no real end in sight?"

Yes, that is a big story. But it's also all speculation. If I write, now, that the Sting are going to be awful and miss the playoffs and then they finish say second in the division and win home-ice in the first round, then how do I come off looking?
If the team misses the playoffs or sells off assets, if they go into another rebuild period, if attendance drops significantly, you can be sure I'll write about that stuff, but it sort of needs to happen.

"How do you know where to go if you don't know where you are coming from? I could be wrong, but, I think the goal is to provide a product that customers want. Given that wouldn't it make sense to ask what the customer want? The same old or maybe something different?"

Again, just because I can see what has been done in the past at the Observer (and I've mostly just looked at the recent past) doesn't mean I can speak to how or why that was being done. That you have been upset with previous coverage is clear. Why you're upset is also clear. Why coverage was like that is something I can't speak to and won't speculate on.

Great - let me ask again. Why doesn't the Observer do an unbiased series of articles regarding the overall performance of this franchise? Base it on fact - discuss the use of tax payer money, compare number of players drafted/signed to other teams - look at what other successful teams have done.

Numerous reasons, mostly to do with timing. I haven't had much time on the beat what with being the new beat writer, the season is just starting and the Sting are coming off an objectively solid season last year that is being overshadowed by the playoff disappointment, the team has not thrown in the towel on this year by rebuilding, so I don't feel like it's a good time to hammer them for something that happened 10 years ago, for example. Also, if I do that, then they go out and win the Memorial Cup ... . If the Sting, for example, lose in the first round again this year, I will ask about not being able to get it done in the playoffs.

"We don't need another ask the coach segment. With all due respect, I have seen grade school and high school students do this. I guarantee this would have the town talkin and buying newspapers.It has been done before i.e. at breakfast with the Sting. It is pathetic - GM looks over at owner, almost choking an gives an evasive answer.

Yes, I get that you don't like the column. Now you need to get that it's not going anywhere right now. If you want it to be better, I need better questions.

The Observer has chose to avoid any issue around their poor performance - to the point you wonder if they have editorial veto.

They don't.

I choose to post my questions here - as you have pointed out, the majority of the people are very well versed in the OHL and the Sting. The discussions are meaningful - I suggest that many people end up here due to the lack of unbiased media reporting. You came here looking for questions, I have made suggestions that you can take or leave.

And they were very good suggestions. Unfortunately, I can't take them because they don't fit the criteria for selection.

Of course I understand my writing carries more weight. That's one of the reasons I'm trying to be involved in the Sting fan community. That's why I'm here, that's why you can follow me on twitter or email me. I'm more than happy to converse with fans and readers because I know the sort of reach and impact the newspaper's coverage of a team can have.

Old
09-12-2012, 09:31 AM
getrdone71

Fan. I believe some of your points are valid and you have a very good point of view on this organization. I agree with several of you opinions and do enjoy reading what you have to say. But also I also think you can't beat on paul for the past he is trying to move forward and work towards getting better questions for his coloum, which is valid. I believe some of your questions are very good and would love to hear answers from ownership on them.
Being online and posting our opinions is very easy as we all have usernames which are not our real name so it is easier for people to say what they want awhile hiding behind a username. I would love to see you e-mail paul with your questions as they are hard nose questions and that would give the observer (paul) they chance to dig into these and try and get a response.
Just my two cents.

Last edited by getrdone71: 09-12-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old
09-12-2012, 10:10 AM
fanofdo

Yes, that is a big story. But it's also all speculation. If I write, now, that the Sting are going to be awful and miss the playoffs and then they finish say second in the division and win home-ice in the first round, then how do I come off looking?
If the team misses the playoffs or sells off assets, if they go into another rebuild period, if attendance drops significantly, you can be sure I'll write about that stuff, but it sort of needs to happen.

So, if I read between the lines…there will be an article if it is another unsuccessful year?

Great - let me ask again. Why doesn't the Observer do an unbiased series of articles regarding the overall performance of this franchise?

Numerous reasons, mostly to do with timing.

Seriously, the Observer (not you) couldn’t find the proper timing over the last 18 years???? This is a seriously evasive answer, no substance. The same type of response that fans are used to and why they have given up asking legit probing questions.

I haven't had much time on the beat what with being the new beat writer, the season is just starting and the Sting are coming off an objectively solid season last year that is being overshadowed by the playoff disappointment,

Are you kidding me? Really???? Are you telling me that a 34 win season is acceptable when you traded numerous young assets and draft picks to ‘go for it’ is solid? Right now our last year’s number one draft pick is rated 2nd overall for the NHL draft in the OHL, we traded him and numberous other assets for a 34 win season? Come on, you can’t actually believe that last season was solid. Is there another team in the OHL that would consider this acceptable?

If the Sting, for example, lose in the first round again this year, I will ask about not being able to get it done in the playoffs.

Been asked quite a few times before…But I will give you the benefit of the doubt. And, the question really isn't about not getting in done in the playoffs this year, it is the chronic failure to do so. "

We don't need another ask the coach segment. With all due respect, I have seen grade school and high school students do this. I guarantee this would have the town talkin and buying newspapers. It has been done before i.e. at breakfast with the Sting. It is pathetic - GM looks over at owner, almost choking an gives an evasive answer. [/I]

Yes, I get that you don't like the column. Now you need to get that it's not going anywhere right now. If you want it to be better, I need better questions.

It is not that I don't like the column - it has been done before and there has NEVER been non-evasive answers to the tough questions. So if you are new and want better questions, why do you want someone to submit their name, etc.? Ask the questions, donate the free tickets to Big Brothers / Big Sisters.

The Observer has chose to avoid any issue around their poor performance - to the point you wonder if they have editorial veto.

They don't.

And I never accused them of that, I said "you have to wonder" tongue in cheek...But you would have to admit that the Sting should have been called into account before now. It sure doesn't make sense, especially since it affecting the financial health of the arena.

Last edited by fanofdo: 09-12-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old
09-12-2012, 02:12 PM
bobbygore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofdo View Post

I haven't had much time on the beat what with being the new beat writer, the season is just starting and the Sting are coming off an objectively solid season last year that is being overshadowed by the playoff disappointment,

Are you kidding me? Really???? Are you telling me that a 34 win season is acceptable when you traded numerous young assets and draft picks to Ďgo for ití is solid? Right now our last yearís number one draft pick is rated 2nd overall for the NHL draft in the OHL, we traded him and numberous other assets for a 34 win season? Come on, you canít actually believe that last season was solid. Is there another team in the OHL that would consider this acceptable?
Exactly. How could anyone say last season was a success when the team finished middle of the pack, and went out in the first round given the amount of assets that were given up to assemble last year's team ?

Like Groundhog Day what Beaulieu did last season was exactly what Al Millar did in 07 -08 when he mortgaged the future with the Barrie deal . The only difference this time was that Trader Jack gave up way more of the future and the team didn't even win one round of the playoffs . At least in 08 they made it to the second round. And like Groundhog day this team bears a strong resemblance to the 09 team, and the next few years look like they could be pretty bleak as players like Galchenyuk, Murphy,Anderson, Sarault , Hottot etc. are all gone. The only difference this time is that the team will have a lot less high draft picks to rebuild with. Why does this organization keep making the same mistakes over and over and over again ?.

Whatever happened to the organization's big sales pitch about building thru the draft with the "Brick by Brick plan " ? That went out the window about as fast as it came in along with the very last shred of credibibilty that the ownership had with the fans. The whole situation is laughable.

Sting fans better pray hard that the Larionov rumours are true .

Old
09-12-2012, 02:45 PM
dansk55

Sting fans better pray hard that the Larionov rumours are true .[/QUOTE]

Well why doesn't someone ask him? He's at all the games...and people, including me have talked to him. Easy to pin a cub reporter against the wall. He is only responsible for his actions...not borody or miller or paul.
If you have a question you want directed to Jock, he has given you an avenue. Ask it, and see if they respond. If they don't or won't then you can press it. But give the kid a break and don't put 18 years of frustrations on his shoulders. Man up, ask the question...

Old
09-12-2012, 05:09 PM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygore View Post
Exactly. How could anyone say last season was a success when the team finished middle of the pack, and went out in the first round given the amount of assets that were given up to assemble last year's team ?

Like Groundhog Day what Beaulieu did last season was exactly what Al Millar did in 07 -08 when he mortgaged the future with the Barrie deal . The only difference this time was that Trader Jack gave up way more of the future and the team didn't even win one round of the playoffs . At least in 08 they made it to the second round. And like Groundhog day this team bears a strong resemblance to the 09 team, and the next few years look like they could be pretty bleak as players like Galchenyuk, Murphy,Anderson, Sarault , Hottot etc. are all gone. The only difference this time is that the team will have a lot less high draft picks to rebuild with. Why does this organization keep making the same mistakes over and over and over again ?.

Whatever happened to the organization's big sales pitch about building thru the draft with the "Brick by Brick plan " ? That went out the window about as fast as it came in along with the very last shred of credibibilty that the ownership had with the fans. The whole situation is laughable.

Sting fans better pray hard that the Larionov rumours are true .

The fans of the Sting are funny, in both cases above, the GM tried to go for it and it didn't work. They took a risk. But in both cases, if they never made a deal, people would have complained anyways cause they didn't do anything. No matter what the GM does, if it doesn't work they will complain. Unfortunately, injuries had a huge effect to last season. And as for 08, there was another trade that was pretty much complete and at the last moment Guelph changed their mind.

Old
09-12-2012, 05:19 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

All valid points above fan but it's a lot easier to criticize management about last seasons moves in hindsight now

Beyond Kujawinski, what else did the Sting give up that upsets everyone.i believe it was a few 2nds (for JP, who we STILL have). I'm drawing a blank really so let me know what pieces they gave up that's upsetting fans

Personally, I had NO PROBLEM with the trades they made. Prior to the Kujawinski / Spooner trade, Ryan Kujawinski showed very little. He wasn't given much ice but when he did, he was mediocre at best. It was kind of expected fhat bis minutes would be limited with Sarnia's depth In hindsight, I'm sure management wouldn't make that same trade but they did get a bonafide OHL scorer in that deal and they took a big risk. It didn't pay off obviously but it was a gamble. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

Hindsight aside, If Sarnia would have made conference finals would fans still be bitter at losing Kujo? I'm sure they would find something else to pick at if not.

There's no denying the Stings poor track record but last season was a step in the right direction IMO - them trying to put a playoff team on the ice.

For me, this season and how it unfolds will be the ultimate test for Jacko. He's going to have some tough decisions to make at some point and the outcome of those decisions are significant.

I get the pain from years of losing but to criticize the Stings season last year is shortsighted considering the new changes last offseason. They went for it and it didn't work out. It happens. The true test is how the team picks up the pieces and proceed. I like a few of the preseason moves the team has made.

Old
09-12-2012, 05:21 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
The fans of the Sting are funny, in both cases above, the GM tried to go for it and it didn't work. They took a risk. But in both cases, if they never made a deal, people would have complained anyways cause they didn't do anything. No matter what the GM does, if it doesn't work they will complain. Unfortunately, injuries had a huge effect to last season. And as for 08, there was another trade that was pretty much complete and at the last moment Guelph changed their mind.
Bingo. Looks like you beat me to my post before I clicked submit.

Old
09-12-2012, 05:46 PM
krauss72

IF Larinov rumour is true, thank god! But I doubt its true as wouldn't there would be a conflict of interest with him being a agent? But IF it was true I don't think he'd keep Jacko around, even if he had to buy his contract as he would be looking to change the culture of his team. Just my opinion.

Old
09-12-2012, 06:03 PM
fanofdo

Quote:
Granted - some fans. Go back and read my posts. I was against going for it for two principle reasons, and stated so on this board.

1. Near zero playoff experience - in my many years watching the OHL, there is not a case that I could remember that a team went from not making the playoffs to making a significant run.

2. I argued the STABILITY was what was most lacking in this organization. Fans would better support a well run team that builds 'brick by brick".

I also argued just because you had Yakupov you didn't have to go for it. I even suggested the brave move was to trade him given the overall health of the team - and of course people disagreed. Add to that I was, from the beginning of the year concerned about the team's lack of shutdown defence.

I actually had no issue with Miller going for it, but disagreed with the moves he made - again, we needed an Austin Watson type, not a Nikaforov type.

Again, read my posts - the issue isn't going for it - every fan expects it when the time is right and there will always be discussions. (Windsor still discusses the Austin Watson trade even tough they won the Mem Cup). You don't go for it when you are in the middle of the pack - ridiculous.

Old
09-12-2012, 06:22 PM
highstickside

Well, I hate tell you that, despite your many years of experience, you missed the Owen Sound Attack. In 2009-2010, they missed the playoffs. In 2010-2011 they were OHL Champions. Around here we call that a pretty significant run. And now that I think about it, one of Sarnia's current players was actually on the 2009-2010 Owen Sound team.

Old
09-12-2012, 07:42 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
All valid points above fan but it's a lot easier to criticize management about last seasons moves in hindsight now

Beyond Kujawinski, what else did the Sting give up that upsets everyone.i believe it was a few 2nds (for JP, who we STILL have). I'm drawing a blank really so let me know what pieces they gave up that's upsetting fans

Personally, I had NO PROBLEM with the trades they made. Prior to the Kujawinski / Spooner trade, Ryan Kujawinski showed very little. He wasn't given much ice but when he did, he was mediocre at best. It was kind of expected fhat bis minutes would be limited with Sarnia's depth In hindsight, I'm sure management wouldn't make that same trade but they did get a bonafide OHL scorer in that deal and they took a big risk. It didn't pay off obviously but it was a gamble. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

Hindsight aside, If Sarnia would have made conference finals would fans still be bitter at losing Kujo? I'm sure they would find something else to pick at if not.

There's no denying the Stings poor track record but last season was a step in the right direction IMO - them trying to put a playoff team on the ice.

For me, this season and how it unfolds will be the ultimate test for Jacko. He's going to have some tough decisions to make at some point and the outcome of those decisions are significant.

I get the pain from years of losing but to criticize the Stings season last year is shortsighted considering the new changes last offseason. They went for it and it didn't work out. It happens. The true test is how the team picks up the pieces and proceed. I like a few of the preseason moves the team has made.
Good post Dean ,Have to agree.Ryan did look mediocre at best but too be fair ice time was very ltd.A change may also have helped him.Not too mention all the injuries last year they had.Had a hard time playing with different players each night.they gambled and lost lets move on

Old
09-12-2012, 10:23 PM
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdashOw View Post
Glad you have a sense of humour.

Please feel free to email your questions for Jacques. Could win a pair of tickets.
does that include a parking pass ?

Old
09-12-2012, 10:33 PM
PdashOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcrazyman View Post
does that include a parking pass ?
I LOLed.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Sting Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post

Kgn- Tyler Brown for - Jack Nevins, Taylor Carnevale and 3rd Rd 2016
And what did Brown add to our lineup? We will see this year what Nevins adds to London

Wind- Adrian Robertson for 2nd Rd 2016 and 2nd Rd 2017
Came over injured (past concussions, probably shld not have played in the playoffs)

Erie: Brett Thompson for 3rd Rd 2012 and 2nd Rd 2013
Good scorer but too small for a diiference maker in the playoffs

Windsor-Taylor Carnevale for Wsr 3rd rd 2014, 2nd rd 2015, Wsr 2ND Rd 2016
And we all know the outcome of this trade

Wind - Craig Duininck for Gue 5th Rd 2012, 14th RD 2014, 2nd Rd 2014
Serviceable Dman but not worth 3 picks

Rychel fleeced JB , PURE AND SIMPLE.
So to me it was more than just the Kuj trade

Old
09-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Sting Fire

Now in saying that the Basso, Sarault and Anderson trades were winners for the Sting

My problem this year is they are marketing look guys we are drafting size. Hell you traded away size in Ritchie, Nevins and Kuj and added Spooner and Thompson. So make up your mind with one plan and stick to it

Last edited by Sting Fire: 09-13-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old
09-13-2012, 07:53 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Fire View Post
And what did Brown add to our lineup? We will see this year what Nevins adds to London

Another trade that should have turned out. That's the risk of making trades. I liked it at the time although Nevins is really showing well now. Loss but I can't be mad at it. Brown just didn't find his spot. Carnevale was a throw in

Came over injured (past concussions, probably shld not have played in the playoffs)

[At the time, loved this trade. Sting got a proven leader who plays both ends of the rink. He was a playoff addition but they didn't get to cash in on that. Those picks can be easily recouped that far away IMO

GREAT trade. Despite size, Sarnia would've been hard pressed to even make playoffs without Brett. He helped the team score through all of the injuries

Awful trade in hindsight. Red flags were up early on this one.

Absolutely no issue with this trade. Acquiring him added much needed depth and the Sting have gotten full value IMO with him returning

the Nevins/2nd for Brown and Carnevale trade were the only bad deals and one couldn't have forecasted Tyler brown's struggles as a member of the Sting. Maybe it was the way he used but he did get plenty of icetime but he just couldn't score.

For a team that showed initiative and 'went for it' I don't think the cost was too high. It happens. Pick up the pieces and lets move forward. Maybe the timing was off as Fan mentioned but few people argued them being a contender entering last season it's easier to criticize them now after-the-fact.

Looking forward to the start of this season. I do think the team looks good ( a few holes and question marks) but it should remain somewhat competitive until the inevitable "shipping out of stars" happens ....unless that is, the team really overachieved (a whole new possible scenario)

Old
09-13-2012, 08:00 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Now in saying that the Basso, Sarault and Anderson trades were winners for the Sting

My problem this year is they are marketing look guys we are drafting size. Hell you traded away size in Ritchie, Nevins and Kuj and added Spooner and Thompson. So make up your mind with one plan and stick to it
The Spooner and Thompson trades were made because of injuries. Thompson was acquired to replace the loss of offense from Galchenyuk getting hurt. Spooner was acquired when Yakupov was starting
To experience his 'minor issues' and it added some more scoring depth that they weren't getting consistently from Ritchie, Carnevale and Boucher (all expected to score). I think at the time of those trades that the team knew that they were committed that year and had to stick to the plan, for better or worse unfortunately

It doesn't always work out as we see though.

Old
09-13-2012, 08:02 AM
dansk55

Quote:

I think you need to add that we gave up the 10th overall pick in the import draft that year as well. Instead of Ludvig R., who did a good job, we could have had another impact import who would have been around for a few years.
and you are right.... JB got fleeced which speaks to inexperience or an inabilityt actually evaluate value.

and Youngblood....spooner was coming off mono...and never really did produce or show any enthusiasm. It was the worst trade ever. If Jock had the gonads, he would have benched Yaki and spooner in the playoffs. They didn't want to be there.

Old
09-13-2012, 08:09 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:

You win some trades and you lose some. It is the nature of the game. As for trading away size, Ritchie was too inconsistent. He would show up for one game and then you wouldn't notice him for two or three. Also, what we got from that trade led to the Anderson trade. I liked Nevins, but with him being traded, opened the door for Dundas. IMO Dundas is the better player and if given the chance, he may surprise some people and get a few goals. Wont go into the Kuj trade because Dean already said why that was a good trade for the Sting at the time.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:08 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
You win some trades and you lose some. It is the nature of the game. As for trading away size, Ritchie was too inconsistent. He would show up for one game and then you wouldn't notice him for two or three. Also, what we got from that trade led to the Anderson trade. I liked Nevins, but with him being traded, opened the door for Dundas. IMO Dundas is the better player and if given the chance, he may surprise some people and get a few goals. Wont go into the Kuj trade because Dean already said why that was a good trade for the Sting at the time.
Plus, Ritchie was pretty soft for being a "big man". I didn't mind that trade.

Closed Thread