HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2012, 11:32 PM
krauss72

vCash: 500
Yes I caught that to. But I wasn't shocked. And I don't think to many others were either. On a positive note I was pleased to see the entire arena stand, cheer and support are captain. Including the bulldog was great to. I wish nothing but the best for Char and Hopey to. Both of them are classy young men.

Old
10-05-2012, 11:52 PM
mkraayen

There was more than one Sting coach he didn't mention. He played two & 1/2, nearly 3 seasons under a different head coach. Lets not blow it out of proportion & go down this ranting road, again.

Old
10-06-2012, 07:39 AM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by krauss72 View Post
Yes I caught that to. But I wasn't shocked. And I don't think to many others were either. On a positive note I was pleased to see the entire arena stand, cheer and support are captain. Including the bulldog was great to. I wish nothing but the best for Char and Hopey to. Both of them are classy young men.
I will give the Sting organization credit for the ceremony.It was impressive.Class players for sure.Much more impressive than our defence during the game.I understand it was basso first game back but he was just a pilon last night.Still looked like to me he was just in a daze.Lots of turnovers by the other defence.Forwards continue to not pick a man up returning to their own end and get burnt.Some of the rookies played well.Gobo had lots of chances.Others looked pretty good also.Chapman took one for the team last night.Duinick impressed me in his scuffle.We gotta get winning or else this team could be dismantled for sure.Go Sting

Old
10-06-2012, 07:54 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Chiarlitti and Binnington's exceptional play were two of the highest reasons the Attack won that game. Chat was exceptional and Binnington was outstanding especially when it counted. He was deserving of a three stars

For me, I'm not sure I liked the line combinations last night. I see they changed them for then 3rd putting Sarault and Boucher with Galchenyuk. Also noticed they put Renaud in the middle on the rookie like along with Hargrave and Davis Brown

I'd like to see Goldobin tried with Gally. Man, he creates a scoring chance on almost every shift. Amazed at how well he sees the ice. I'd like to see:

Boucher-Galchenyuk-Goldobin
Brown- Sarault-Moore
Dundas- Latta - Hottot
Renaud/Addessi- Nikandrov - Hargrave

I'd love to put Hottot at centre but he's been caught floating too much to have that responsibility. Dundas and Latta's hard work might complement him well Brown and Renaud could be swapped on L2 when needed. Just my thoughts

Old
10-06-2012, 05:01 PM
fanofdo

Gut check time tonight and Monday - sitting in last place. Playing the surprising first place team tonight after a tough loss last night and a long bus ride today. Long bus ride home and an afternoon game in Windsor on Monday against a Windsor team that will be well rested and coming off of two spankings with something to prove themselves.

Old
10-06-2012, 05:55 PM
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust

Sting are loosing too many battles for the puck in the offensive zone.saw a lot positives last night but don't like being in the basement

Old
10-06-2012, 06:30 PM
pucksly

I don't see Renaud on the game sheet tonight against Sault Ste Marie. Is he hurt or a healthy scratch?
Anybody know?

Old
10-06-2012, 08:46 PM
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust

Sting 6 Soo 3

Barrick with his 1st ohl win

Old
10-06-2012, 08:48 PM
krauss72

Galy with 2g 2a. Welcome back kid. Keep it up.

Old
10-06-2012, 08:49 PM
fanofdo

Much needed, huge character win - hard to do after a long bus ride. Plus rested JB, while finally playing the backup.

Good job.

Old
10-07-2012, 04:58 AM
johnnydrum

Wow, Alex Galchenyuk sounded dominant last night.
Just watched the highlights via the Soos and Stings website, and he looked like the young Eric Lindros: big, mobile, dominating in the zone.

Forgive my Candadian geography, but how long/far is the Soo away from Sarnia?

Old
10-07-2012, 05:38 AM
Herman the German

Roughly between 6 to 8 hours.

Old
10-07-2012, 05:49 AM
johnnydrum

Hiya Herman how are you pal!
Wow, 8 hours???---thats incredible.
If I set off from my house, and drove non stop 8 hours, I would be in France!
What a trek!

Been tuning into some Prince Albert Raiders game, to listen into Leon Draisaitls progress.
He has been steady-4assists in 5 games, but has sounded very unlucky.
He has been getting rave reviews ober there in the WHL

Old
10-07-2012, 02:44 PM
PdashOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman the German View Post
Roughly between 6 to 8 hours.
Was told it's about 6 with a stop for lunch.

Old
10-07-2012, 03:11 PM
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum View Post
Wow, Alex Galchenyuk sounded dominant last night.
Just watched the highlights via the Soos and Stings website, and he looked like the young Eric Lindros: big, mobile, dominating in the zone.

Forgive my Candadian geography, but how long/far is the Soo away from Sarnia?

Old
10-08-2012, 05:07 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

I see Basso missed todays game as well...still injured?

Old
10-08-2012, 05:14 PM
pucksly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
I dont know about Basso but also see Renaud missed the last two games. Is he injured or healthy scratch? If anybody can update me on his status and how he has been playing it would be appreciated.

Old
10-08-2012, 05:16 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
I understood he still is.No doubt last friday nite he was not well at all.Pretty decent game today.Both goaltenders played well.gali and charlie looking good together.Gali and rookie gobi looked great on the 4 on 4.Gobi had a lot of chances to put this game away but didnt score.As this kid gets stronger and faster,he is going to be even more exciting to watch

Old
10-09-2012, 08:43 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Decent game from the Sting although there were a few absolute brain cramps that, luckily, Windsor didn't take advantage of.

Good game from Anthony DeAngelo, Reid Boucher, Nick Latta (he was VERY good), Justice Dundas, Jack Kuzmyk, Connor Murphy and JP Anderson (again).

Lots of line juggling yesterday after Addesi got the boot as Sarnia attempts to find some sort of consistent chemistry. I liked how Sarault is being tried on Gally's line as an atttempt to get him going a bit.

DeAngelo - I'm really pleased that the coaching staff is providing him with the offensive minutes (PP). It could be because Basso is out of the lineup (he looked dazed in Friday's game) but I think DeAngelo is the better option on the first unit with Murphy.

Connor Murphy - Man, he has become so poised on the blueline and is starting to show some tremendous confidence rushing the puck. He rarely forces a high risk play and it shows in his good defensive stats. Over the past year, Murphy has definitely improved his skating as his lateral agility looks much less awkward.

Latta - He may have been Sarnia's best all around player yesterday. His improved strength is really showing as he's more successful in the corners and in front of the net winning battles. Smart player

Hargrave - Showing improved confidence and less jitters. He even had a shift or two alongside Galchenyuk. Interesting to see him playing center

Kuzmyk - really steady defensively and that's needed in this lineup. In the offensive zone, he is making the smart easy play (throwing it on net or in the corner if the shooting lanes are full).

JP Anderson - brilliant. Windsor's goals came from net scrambles where it wasn't his fault. More a result of defensemen's ability to clear the crease. He was exceptional in the shootout looking so confident.

I tweeted this earlier but I want to see Goldobin play with Galchenyuk. They had a shift together in 4-on-4 OT and created several good scoring chances.

Try these:
Boucher- Galchenyuk - Goldobin
Brown - Sarault - Moore
Dundas- Latta - Hottot
Renaud/or Addesi- Nikandrov - Hargrave

Old
10-09-2012, 10:36 AM
honey bee

Nick Latta has been playing such good hockey this season. Plays hard and smart every night. It is good to see as I must admit I had my doubts about him the last two seasons. Glad to see him making his way. Friday night the "Nick line" was in my opinion the best line out there. Latta, Goldbobin and Nikandropov. Should keep those guys playing together.

Old
10-10-2012, 09:53 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

I laugh at how quiet these boards are when Sarnia is actually winning games...

Old
10-11-2012, 08:05 AM
BoxerMax

I second that. But no need to worry, I am sure the chatter will pick up this weekend with Niagara in town.

This not included, will last years trade be brought up before or after the game by somebody on this board?

Old
10-11-2012, 08:11 AM
FatKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
I second that. But no need to worry, I am sure the chatter will pick up this weekend with Niagara in town.

This not included, will last years trade be brought up before or after the game by somebody on this board?
I'm going with before - You just did - lol

Old
10-11-2012, 08:21 AM
FatKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatKid View Post
I'm going with before - You just did - lol
I should really proof-read - I now see your "This not included"...It feels like Monday

Old
10-11-2012, 10:05 AM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post

Oh are you talking about the Ritchie trade.LOL I have been watching all the games on the OHL livestream and they have great to watch.Western conference,there is only 4 points seperating 9 teams.Nice to see no one is running away this year and looks like any given team can be beat on any given night.Even though Owen Sound is on top they have been winning 1 goal games.Great hockey,let the NHL stay out as long as they want.Sting has been playing with a lot of heart most nights.Nice to watch the rookies come along.Go Sting

Closed Thread