HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-21-2012, 08:26 PM
  #201
hardoil3232
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
yaki

sting would have a contending team if yaki and graki were both playing in 2012 13

hardoil3232 is offline  
Old
08-22-2012, 03:37 PM
  #202
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoil3232 View Post
sting would have a contending team if yaki and graki were both playing in 2012 13
Not without goaltending they wouldn't.

ottawafan66 is offline  
Old
08-22-2012, 03:44 PM
  #203
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Not without goaltending they wouldn't.
Actually they Probably could...look at When the spits won it all with Engalege in Net...He sucks and the team carried him by scoring 5+ goals a night.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
08-22-2012, 03:57 PM
  #204
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Actually they Probably could...look at When the spits won it all with Engalege in Net...He sucks and the team carried him by scoring 5+ goals a night.
He actually had some awesome numbers that year:

54 GP 2.35 GAA 0.914 46W 4L. He hardly sucked.

What I mean about Sarnia is that they could have 2 goalies with zero OHL experience this season.

ottawafan66 is offline  
Old
08-22-2012, 10:41 PM
  #205
EasternOntario Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Camp

Hi:
I was wondering if someone could take the time if they are at training camp and post how the two Ottawa boys are looking---Renaud and White. Thanks in advance if someone could do that.

EasternOntario Fan is offline  
Old
08-23-2012, 10:29 AM
  #206
fanofdo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 749
vCash: 500
This is what pisses me off about this organization. This is an annual piece done by Brock, one of the moderators rating Kujawinski as the #2 OHL prospect this coming year;

2. Ryan Kujawinski - Forward - Kingston Frontenacs
Let's just ignore what we saw in Sarnia and focus what happened in Kingston. What I saw in Kingston was a guy who has the potential to be one of the best players in this league. A big, powerful center who does it all. He's got great wheels, and with his size he really opens up the ice for his linemates. He can carry the puck and has a big booming shot. He plays physical and looks to throw his weight around. He improved defensively. He looked great on faceoffs. And, there's talk he could wear a letter this year. When I saw this guy a few times later in the season, one name came to mind (and you know I'm not a fan of comparisons). Jason Arnott. Let's see him do it over the course of a full season now.

fanofdo is offline  
Old
08-23-2012, 12:03 PM
  #207
Sting Fire
Registered User
 
Sting Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hockeyland
Country: Canada
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofdo View Post
This is what pisses me off about this organization. This is an annual piece done by Brock, one of the moderators rating Kujawinski as the #2 OHL prospect this coming year;

2. Ryan Kujawinski - Forward - Kingston Frontenacs
Let's just ignore what we saw in Sarnia and focus what happened in Kingston. What I saw in Kingston was a guy who has the potential to be one of the best players in this league. A big, powerful center who does it all. He's got great wheels, and with his size he really opens up the ice for his linemates. He can carry the puck and has a big booming shot. He plays physical and looks to throw his weight around. He improved defensively. He looked great on faceoffs. And, there's talk he could wear a letter this year. When I saw this guy a few times later in the season, one name came to mind (and you know I'm not a fan of comparisons). Jason Arnott. Let's see him do it over the course of a full season now.
Could not agree with you more

Here is a link to the whole article:
How many Sting players are mentioned???

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/

Sting Fire is online now  
Old
08-23-2012, 01:11 PM
  #208
krauss72
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
No time or patience with the young lads. Treat them like **** and ship them out all in the name of experience, experience that didn't even want to be here in the first place. All for a one and done in the playoffs. We've lost some of are finest character lads because they wouldn't put up with Jacko's BS. And did any of us really think Yaki would come back here? Wish we had those lads back and could ship Jacko's ass out of here. But hell, that'd require a major hiring binge because we'd have to fill tonnes of positions like head scout, manager of the restaurant, manager of the store, rink manager, head coach, gm, did I forget anything? Is he driving the zamboni yet? Enlightening conversations when you talk to people who have to work with him. Good for Kuj, I for one wish him the best of luck. It will be fun to watch some of these lads come back to bite Jacko in the ass.

Camp opens next week. It will be interesting to gauge the mood of the boys this year. Am at least glad the games were moved to the evening. And is Anderson back for sure or not? God help us if he isn't.

krauss72 is offline  
Old
08-23-2012, 07:21 PM
  #209
hardoil3232
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoil3232 View Post
sting would have a contending team if yaki and graki were both playing in 2012 13
knight fans are hoping to see yaki at ex game at jlc one of the best ohl players ever

hardoil3232 is offline  
Old
08-23-2012, 07:22 PM
  #210
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krauss72 View Post
No time or patience with the young lads. Treat them like **** and ship them out all in the name of experience, experience that didn't even want to be here in the first place. All for a one and done in the playoffs. We've lost some of are finest character lads because they wouldn't put up with Jacko's BS. And did any of us really think Yaki would come back here? Wish we had those lads back and could ship Jacko's ass out of here. But hell, that'd require a major hiring binge because we'd have to fill tonnes of positions like head scout, manager of the restaurant, manager of the store, rink manager, head coach, gm, did I forget anything? Is he driving the zamboni yet? Enlightening conversations when you talk to people who have to work with him. Good for Kuj, I for one wish him the best of luck. It will be fun to watch some of these lads come back to bite Jacko in the ass.

Camp opens next week. It will be interesting to gauge the mood of the boys this year. Am at least glad the games were moved to the evening. And is Anderson back for sure or not? God help us if he isn't.
How many coaches have been hired and fired in Sarnia over the past few years? At some point, you have to ask, maybe there are other issues?

Tigers1992 is offline  
Old
08-24-2012, 09:55 AM
  #211
CoyotesHFNHL
Registered User
 
CoyotesHFNHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 213
vCash: 500
Maybe it's just me, but this feels a lot like 2008-2009 all over again. Sarnia loses their top forward after he's selected 1st Overall, however the team has several good players, who are getting late in their junior careers. Back then it was Matt Martin, Mark Katic, Justin DiBenedetto, Jamie Arniel, Steve Ferry and Dan Spence in net. Now? It's Alex Galchenyuk, Charles Sarault, Reid Boucher, Connor Murphy, Nathan Chiarlitti and JP Anderson. Back then there were clear favorites in Windsor and London, this year it's probably the same if Windsor adds a little. Last time Sarnia was widely expected to trade off these players. They didn't, and ended up in a two year rebuild where it took them 3 years to make the playoffs. This is a huge do-over for the organization. They have a second chance to do this over again. If Sarnia plays healthy they could really separate themselves from the Saginaw's SOO's and Erie's of the West, and put themself in a great position. It's a buyers market this year, move most or all of these guys in January, replenish all the picks and add a few solid young players, get them good ice time, use the points they earned in the first half to cling to a playoff spot between 6th-8th, lose in the first round, let the young guys get playoff experience, get a high pick, and start themselves on the upswing towards a contender next year they could be a serious contender by 2014-2015 under this plan. Hopefully they don't make the same mistake twice in less than 5 years.

CoyotesHFNHL is offline  
Old
08-24-2012, 03:54 PM
  #212
Baldy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
Unrelated to the on ice issues...The RBC Centre will be charging for parking effective 02 Sep. $2 per car for all events. $1 if you take the shuttle bus from Clearwater Arena. If you thought getting into the parking was troublesome before, wait until you have to line up to pay.

Baldy is offline  
Old
08-24-2012, 05:45 PM
  #213
HEMW5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
Unrelated to the on ice issues...The RBC Centre will be charging for parking effective 02 Sep. $2 per car for all events. $1 if you take the shuttle bus from Clearwater Arena. If you thought getting into the parking was troublesome before, wait until you have to line up to pay.
WTF ? Where did you read this ? Like putting tickets up weren't enough.....$50 per seat/season tix $2 per seat/game day and for what to watch the same dismal act we watched last year

HEMW5 is offline  
Old
08-24-2012, 07:50 PM
  #214
Sting Fire
Registered User
 
Sting Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hockeyland
Country: Canada
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
Unrelated to the on ice issues...The RBC Centre will be charging for parking effective 02 Sep. $2 per car for all events. $1 if you take the shuttle bus from Clearwater Arena. If you thought getting into the parking was troublesome before, wait until you have to line up to pay.
Wonder where this money will go?

Sting Fire is online now  
Old
08-24-2012, 07:52 PM
  #215
Sting Fire
Registered User
 
Sting Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hockeyland
Country: Canada
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Jocko: Just in case you read this board is their anything else you have in Mind to piss off your once Loyal Fans.

What next. Pay Toilets!

Sting Fire is online now  
Old
08-24-2012, 08:21 PM
  #216
Baldy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMW5 View Post
WTF ? Where did you read this ? Like putting tickets up weren't enough.....$50 per seat/season tix $2 per seat/game day and for what to watch the same dismal act we watched last year
Heard it on the 4PM newscast...99.9 or 106.3, can't remember which. The report said that the $2 parking will be amongst the cheapest in the league....so what. I can see the theatre and Liquidation World parking lots being filled up.

Baldy is offline  
Old
08-25-2012, 07:53 AM
  #217
fanofdo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
Unrelated to the on ice issues...The RBC Centre will be charging for parking effective 02 Sep. $2 per car for all events. $1 if you take the shuttle bus from Clearwater Arena. If you thought getting into the parking was troublesome before, wait until you have to line up to pay.
Really? Let me get this straight. The parking lots were built with taxpayer money already and now we are going to pay $2 per game. These guys won't be satisfied until they run the franchise into the ground. I really wondered what the attendence will look like this year without the parking fees, this will be interesting.

As for Jacko, Tigers1992 said it best, "How many coaches have been hired and fired in Sarnia over the past few years? At some point, you have to ask, maybe there are other issues?"

Last year I posted several times regarding the organization's poor record, and posted several stats on wins, playoff wins, GF and GA that clearly show that this organization is ranked in the bottom quarter of almost all statistics. I went back and cautioned the excitement regarding JB, stating he was unproven as a coach and it takes a solid organization behind a coach and GM to be successful.

This organization will never be even moderately successful under the current ownership, period. Last year was a very good opportunity to change the way the league percieved the Sting - they blew it. Same old tired routine, same old result.

The good news is that every year a new group of keeners comes forward to defend the organization before having their heart ripped out. I said it last year quite a few times - the best thing that can happen here is to have the current ownership sell. Their record speaks volumes.

fanofdo is offline  
Old
08-25-2012, 12:15 PM
  #218
FatKid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Ticket price raises are just part of the process, inflation if you will. Compared to around the league, Sarnia has good prices. Below to average, plus no parking expenses
I guess this isn't totally accurate anymore...
I really see the $2 causing a HUGE problem for the organization - People are going to miss the first half the game regularly -
In fact, I'm going to bring a $100 bill every game to pay for parking.

FatKid is offline  
Old
08-25-2012, 12:17 PM
  #219
truestingfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofdo View Post
Really? Let me get this straight. The parking lots were built with taxpayer money already and now we are going to pay $2 per game. These guys won't be satisfied until they run the franchise into the ground. I really wondered what the attendence will look like this year without the parking fees, this will be interesting.

As for Jacko, Tigers1992 said it best, "How many coaches have been hired and fired in Sarnia over the past few years? At some point, you have to ask, maybe there are other issues?"

Last year I posted several times regarding the organization's poor record, and posted several stats on wins, playoff wins, GF and GA that clearly show that this organization is ranked in the bottom quarter of almost all statistics. I went back and cautioned the excitement regarding JB, stating he was unproven as a coach and it takes a solid organization behind a coach and GM to be successful.


This organization will never be even moderately successful under the current ownership, period. Last year was a very good opportunity to change the way the league percieved the Sting - they blew it. Same old tired routine, same old result.

The good news is that every year a new group of keeners comes forward to defend the organization before having their heart ripped out. I said it last year quite a few times - the best thing that can happen here is to have the current ownership sell. Their record speaks volumes.
its easy to hide behind these posts so why don't you say who you are, Dave?

truestingfan is offline  
Old
08-25-2012, 04:04 PM
  #220
fanofdo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truestingfan View Post
its easy to hide behind these posts so why don't you say who you are, Dave?
No, my name isn't Dave, not sure who you mean. 6 posts, you are the keener I was referring to. Was really wondering if there are any more gullible people left in this town to back this pathetic ownership group.

Go back and read my posts (sorry if they are more than two sentences), I have backed them with facts and predictions. Do the same! Do you think the Sting will make the playoffs? Ah, is one of the goalies we developed going to backstop us to the playoffs this year?

Mark my words, the attendence will be down significantly this year. I previously posted the dramatic decline of this organization's attendence over the years since the new arena. Attendence has been down, year to year, every year since this arena has been built, except for 2 years. History has shown it will decline this year, I would bet on it, with their raising of ticket prices, and now parking costs, I predict a 10% decline in attendance. This organization was in the top 5 of attendance at one time - they are heading towards the bottom third. Make no mistake, two years ago, they were very close to going below a 3000 average attendance. I a predicting that they will fall below the 3000 mark and as I have previously posted, franchises typically get sold when they fall below 2500 average attendence.

There are some character players on this team, too bad this organization can't match their class. This team may squeek into the playoffs as is, but I don't think so. They are faced with trading away some quality young players to pay for our playoff run last year, meaning another couple of down years after this year. But maybe you would like to predict differently.

BTW, what's your name, Cindy Ciccerelli?

fanofdo is offline  
Old
08-25-2012, 05:13 PM
  #221
StungbySting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 245
vCash: 500
I went to every home game last year with the exception of 5 scattered throughout the year. Due to the raise in tickets and the added parking fee I will only be attending 10 games this year. I have heard the arguement "be greatful this isn't London or Windsor because their tickets and parking are a lot more than Sarnia." When you are drawing from a population of 211,000 (Windsor) and 366,000 (London) compared to 80,000 (Sarnia) you can get away with higher prices because of the supply and demand. It also helps the teams Windsor and London have iced over the years compared to Sarnia. If the Sting management could ice a competative team the ticket raises wouldn't be an issue. People will pay to see a winner. I know I would.

StungbySting is offline  
Old
08-25-2012, 07:46 PM
  #222
Sec108
Registered User
 
Sec108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: IHate LONDON COUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 644
vCash: 500
Just to correct you on Windsor prices.Our parking is free unless you have to go to overflow parking which is $5.I buy my seas.tick. on the early bird pricing so Im a bit less than the $22 adult ticket.Our economy is terrible so it will be hard to say what attendance will be even with us.But I think we have around 5000 seas.tick holders, with 1600 walk ups available.But I feel your pain.

IMO there's no reason last years team didnt make abetter run than it did with all the vet's you guys had.I don't think Dave Mcqueen was the prob.His teams had more hustle than last years version.

Sec108 is offline  
Old
08-26-2012, 07:50 AM
  #223
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 500
Definitely disappointing to see Sarnia charge for parking AND raise ticket prices. jB better tread lightly as this franchise could potentially lose a ton of followers, something that is already tough to get,

I would've thought that they would have tried to find ways to encourage more people to come. I see that the team just completed a renovation to the dressing room and new coach offices but I hope that the extra money goes towards improving game day entertainment or something TOO.

dean youngblood82 is offline  
Old
08-26-2012, 12:29 PM
  #224
Sting Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
Someone needs to tell the organization that now is not the time to piss off the fans. The on-ice product better have significant improvements this year to even come close to justifying the hike in ticket prices and now the BS of charging for parking!

Sting Fan is offline  
Old
08-26-2012, 05:10 PM
  #225
fanofdo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Fan View Post
Someone needs to tell the organization that now is not the time to piss off the fans. The on-ice product better have significant improvements this year to even come close to justifying the hike in ticket prices and now the BS of charging for parking!
Does anyone out there think there is even a remote chance of this?

fanofdo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.