HC Donbas

Old
05-07-2012, 02:09 PM
cska78

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Хоккей : КХЛ
Состав "Донбасса" пополнят вратарь Лацо и четыре форварда

Донецкий "Донбасс" достиг договорённости о заключении контрактов с пятью игроками: голкипером сборной Словакии Яном Лацо, нападающими сборной Финляндии Туомасом Киискиненом и Яни Туппурайненом, а также форвардами молодёжной сборной Украины Виктором Захаровым и Максимом Мартышко, сообщает официальный сайт клуба. Напомним, что Лацо в прошлом сезоне выступал в КХЛ за "Лев" из Попрада.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 02:33 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post

Донецкий "Донбасс" достиг договорённости о заключении контрактов с пятью игроками: голкипером сборной Словакии Яном Лацо, нападающими сборной Финляндии Туомасом Киискиненом и Яни Туппурайненом, а также форвардами молодёжной сборной Украины Виктором Захаровым и Максимом Мартышко, сообщает официальный сайт клуба. Напомним, что Лацо в прошлом сезоне выступал в КХЛ за "Лев" из Попрада.
Some nice signings there, first of many to come yet. I also heard that last year's #1 Tsagorodtsev will move to Togliatti.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 02:39 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

what we know about these Finns?

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 02:47 PM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
what we know about these Finns?
I'm no Finn, but Tuppurainen's accolades this season looks impressive - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=7504

Old
05-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:

Hockey club "Donbass" reached agreement on contracts with Slovakia's goalkeeper Jan Laco (pictured) , striker Finland Tuomas Kiiskinenom and Jani Tuppuraynenom , as well as youth team captain of the Ukrainian striker Victor Zakharov and his colleague in the team and the role Maxim Martyshko .

http://hcdonbass.com/home/news/club/17838?lang=ru

re: Tuomas Kiiskinen and Jani Tuppuraynen

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
a #6? he's a forward? or u mean top-6? if yes, not anymore. During his years in Traktor he was decent, after that a shadow of himself.
sorry, wrong guy

how about 4th line?

Old
05-07-2012, 04:48 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

what is potential of these young ukrainians? If I am right, both were born 1994

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 04:49 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
sorry, wrong guy

how about 4th line?
he used to be a pretty gifted scorer/game breaker when younger for Traktor, whether he had developed a defensive aspect to his game I don't know. I think his agent is trying to milk Sokol or whoever may wanna sign him for more dough....

Old
05-07-2012, 04:50 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
I'm no Finn, but Tuppurainen's accolades this season looks impressive - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=7504
both finns look legit, Lazo is decent too...the Ukrainian guy is strictly for the domestic league.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

http://www.hcdonbass.com/home/news/news/17872?lang=ru

wishful thinking?

Quote:
"Fedotenko, Ponikarovsky, Semin. And we are working on that!" - Said Boris Kolesnikov .
He is the owner, after all. I just like that they're going to be proactive on the market, regardless.

edit:
more on this on the official Donbass site with an expose spotlight on the 3. Guess they're treating this seriously. (from the a PR/marketing standpoint or otherwise)

http://hcdonbass.com/home/news/news/17878?lang=ru

Quote:
On Wednesday, May 9, President HC "Donbass" Boris Kolesnikov reported that the club intends to offer contracts to three players, serving in the National Hockey League. Two of them Ukrainians - Ruslan Fedotenko and Alexei Ponikarovsky.

Last edited by Sokil: 05-09-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old
05-09-2012, 10:50 PM
finchster

Quote:

wishful thinking?

He is the owner, after all. I just like that they're going to be proactive on the market, regardless.

edit:
more on this on the official Donbass site with an expose spotlight on the 3. Guess they're treating this seriously. (from the a PR/marketing standpoint or otherwise)

Wishful thinking on Semin, but I am not surprised if they send an offer to Fedotenko and Ponikarovsky. I would put the chances both signing with Donbass pretty low unless there is a stupid sum of money thrown at them. But even then Fedontenko has an American wife so Ukraine probably wouldn’t jive with her.

Last edited by finchster: 05-09-2012 at 11:08 PM.
finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Wishful thinking on Semin, but I am not surprised if they send an offer to Fedotenko and Ponikarovsky. I would put the chances both signing with Donbass pretty low unless there is a stupid sum of money thrown at them. But even then Fedontenko has an American wife so Ukraine probably wouldnít jive with her.
Shevchenko has an American wife, but then Kiev is about a billion times more attractive to live in than Donetsk.

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Xokkeu

Quote:

wishful thinking?

edit:

Wishful thinking. He might as well be playing NHL 12. Seriously though somebody needs to get on putting the KHL in NHL 13.

Old
05-10-2012, 01:36 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Wishful thinking on Semin, but I am not surprised if they send an offer to Fedotenko and Ponikarovsky. I would put the chances both signing with Donbass pretty low unless there is a stupid sum of money thrown at them. But even then Fedontenko has an American wife so Ukraine probably wouldnít jive with her.
ditto for Poni (well she's Ukrainian I think, but they're rooted here)

Zhitnik's family stayed in the US when he went to the KHL...

sometimes you have to just suck it up and follow the money, neither of these guys will be making much next year in the NHL and careers are short

Old
05-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Xokkeu

Quote:
ditto for Poni (well she's Ukrainian I think, but they're rooted here)

Zhitnik's family stayed in the US when he went to the KHL...

sometimes you have to just suck it up and follow the money, neither of these guys will be making much next year in the NHL and careers are short
Ponikarovsky got Canadian citizen if memory serves.

If Donbass offer $3-5 million I think they'd have a shot at getting Ponikarovsky. He's making $1.5 mil this year and in the past has been around $2-3.

Fedotenko you might get for $2 but at least in the same range as Ponikarovsky. He's been in the $1-2 mil range for the past several years.

Does Donbass have $8-9 million to throw at these guys? I suppose if they do it shows a level of serious commitment to the project.

Old
05-10-2012, 06:57 AM
cska78

Fedotenko will be lucky to get an NHL contract next year, so he's very probable, IMHO. Poni has got 2-3 year to play in the NHL still, but he is steadily declining.

Old
05-10-2012, 07:00 AM
ozo

Quote:
Fedotenko will be lucky to get an NHL contract next year, so he's very probable, IMHO. Poni has got 2-3 year to play in the NHL still, but he is steadily declining.
Interestingly I think that there's more demand in NHL for players like Fedotenko than Ponikarovsky.

Old
05-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Interestingly I think that there's more demand in NHL for players like Fedotenko than Ponikarovsky.
not when he's only getting 20pts in a season

Old
05-10-2012, 09:55 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Agreed. However, if they offer Fedotenko and Ponikarovsky $3-3.5m each per year I could see them going. If the money's there I'm sure they will come, whether or not they'll play for the national team is beyond me. They could do what Viktor Alexandrov did when he went to Barys and still refused to represent Kazakhstan internationally.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
If he played the whole year out like he did in LA & Carolina then I couldn't see him coming back next year. Thankfully he's stepped it up in NJ and seems to be getting back to his form he had with the Leafs w/ Antropov.

Old
05-10-2012, 12:43 PM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Agreed. However, if they offer Fedotenko and Ponikarovsky $3-3.5m each per year I could see them going. If the money's there I'm sure they will come, whether or not they'll play for the national team is beyond me. They could do what Viktor Alexandrov did when he went to Barys and still refused to represent Kazakhstan internationally.
Can't imagine Donbass paying them 3.5M when Fedotenko or Poni wouldn't be able to get a deal in NHL becasue the alternative is Swiss league with a 300K paycheck. So why would Donetsk overpay?

Viktor Alexandrov has an on-going rift with Kazakh hockey rulers since the day they fired his father, an absolute Kazakh hokey legend Boris Alexandrov. AFAIK both Ukrainians have no such conflicts.

Old
05-10-2012, 03:43 PM
yunost

my estimates

NHL
Ponikarovsky: $1,500,000 taxed
Fedetenko: $1,400,000 taxed
Semin: $6,700,000 taxed

KHL
Ponikarovsky: $2,500,000 taxfree
Fedotenko: $2,500,000 taxfree
Semin: $8,000,000 taxfree

total: $ 13,000,000

In the year end video, the president of the club stated that they have at least $20million dollars guaranteed, so they could afford spending $13-14mil(maybe 3 mil each). Like Ozo mentioned, there is no point to overpay because that is already a multiple of what they would get in the NHL, and nobody would pay more. Plus they get to play less games and be leaders.

Semin would be a different story because he is highly in demand in the NHL although he is always so short term and might get paid less this year. If Donbas offers him a 2 year $15mil contract, maybe

The point is they would have plenty of money left over for the Finns and other decent players, all the while creating a strong franchise right off the bat. really interesting...

yunost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:40 PM
finchster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
Shevchenko has an American wife, but then Kiev is about a billion times more attractive to live in than Donetsk.
Haven't been to Donetsk, but Kiev is a great city if you stay near the city centre . I was there with a group of Canadians in October 2010, the culture shock was too much for them after a while haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I’ve read interviews with Fedotenko stating he is open to play for Ukraine but he hasn’t had the chance in the last few years (injuries and always making the playoffs). Ponikarovsky doesn’t have any interest but he has no reason not to play.

Last edited by finchster: 05-10-2012 at 06:55 PM.
finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Haven't been to Donetsk, but Kiev is a great city if you stay near the city centre . I was there with a group of Canadians in October 2010, the culture shock was too much for them after a while haha.

Iíve read interviews with Fedotenko stating he is open to play for Ukraine but he hasnít had the chance in the last few years (injuries and always making the playoffs). Ponikarovsky doesnít have any interest but he has no reason not to play.
Jeez if they can't handle Kiev they must not travel much. The suburbs are no worse than the suburbs or Toronto. Just boring.

Old
05-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

FWIW, Kolesnikov's recent tax declaration said he made 20m in 2011.

Though he is the most transparent Ukrainian millionaire in a long time, if this is what he's admitting to who knows what he has hidden. The team could be a good way to make some money disappear