HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Soft Changes for Next Year

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-08-2012, 05:09 PM
  #1
CunniJA
Registered User
 
CunniJA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Estes Park, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
The Soft Changes for Next Year

To sort of lighten the mood, what are the "soft changes" you'd like to see for next year. In other words, stuff that doesn't concern players, coaches, GMs, etc.

For me, I want Bernie gone, Browman gone, and a new goal horn/song. Go back to the good old Avalanche horn.

CunniJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 05:19 PM
  #2
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,089
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
- I want McNab and Rycroft to switch roles on Altitude (Rycroft as the color guy, McNab as the analyst) but it will never happen.

- I want Pierre LaCroix to tell us the direction of where this team is headed. It was mentioned on a local radio show this week....We always have a general idea of what/why the Nuggets do, but the Avalanche are hush even about the general direction of the team (free agency, draft, payroll expanding or not, etc.) yet they all operate under the same ownership. LaCroix doesn't have to comment on specific players, but at least a little input on the team's direction to excite fans would be nice. The "hush hush" Avs operations wasn't a problem when they were winning....But now that they have few fans left you need to bring those fans back closer to the organization. Not having any comments and not talking to media while not making the playoffs is a really poor PR move and disenchants both your casual and committed fans.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 05:22 PM
  #3
The Shermanator
Butts
 
The Shermanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 'Murica
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,324
vCash: 50
I want all of our players to wear pink tutus during warmup.

The Shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 05:46 PM
  #4
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,032
vCash: 500
New goal horn.

Christian Litscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 05:50 PM
  #5
Congo Jack
Show Me Your Moves!
 
Congo Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Candy Apple Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
I want all of our players to wear pink tutus during warmup.
The warmups shall consist of doing the charleston while singing Spice Girls songs. The logo shall be changed to a picture of a sandwich surrounded by barbed wire and when the game is done they must do the conga to the dressing rooms.

I think I did this right.

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 05:54 PM
  #6
BoxOfChocolates
Registered User
 
BoxOfChocolates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Stankonia
Posts: 8,085
vCash: 500
Change the goal song back to what it was.

BoxOfChocolates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:09 PM
  #7
Drij
Registered User
 
Drij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,777
vCash: 500
Go back to old jerseys and goal horn.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:10 PM
  #8
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
Fix the jerseys

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:43 PM
  #9
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,207
vCash: 500
Bring back the old jerseys and replace Browman with a hot chick.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:54 PM
  #10
Mike Jones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
Go back to old jerseys and goal horn.
You mean the old Rockies ones? That would be cool.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:09 PM
  #11
CunniJA
Registered User
 
CunniJA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Estes Park, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Bring back the old jerseys and replace Browman with a hot chick.
I'm actually more concerned about the new lady's hockey IQ. Browman's looks are passable.

CunniJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:51 PM
  #12
Drij
Registered User
 
Drij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
You mean the old Rockies ones? That would be cool.
No I don't and no it would not.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:58 PM
  #13
forsbergavs32
Registered User
 
forsbergavs32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fresno,CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,398
vCash: 280
Bring back the old jerseys and I'll be happy.

forsbergavs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 11:21 PM
  #14
Mouse21*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,263
vCash: 500
new jerseys with old-style influence, bring back the old horn, open up more to media.

get rid of SOB.

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 11:43 PM
  #15
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Make the Blueberrys the primary home jerseys (ducks spoiled fruit from the gallery) and create a white version as the new away. Keep the current home jerseys as the 3rd.

Bring back the old goal horn and get rid of the fusion goal song...Rock and Roll part 2 100% of the time.

Bring back that mountain they used to skate out of to start the game.

Add a banner with the names of the players in the alumni association, you don't have to raise it every time you induct a guy. But do more to acknowledge they have been recognized.

Keep Bernie but make him less Dinger and more Rocky.

New Jumbotron. But not big and gaudy. It should have HD screens and such but I don't want something monsterous. You are supposed to watch the game on the ice not on the jumbo.

Bring back the guy they used to have dance to Cotten eyed joe mid way through the 2nd period. And do it every game not just every once in a while. Or alternate between that guy and the dancing ice crew. The less little kids and fat drunks in the crowd they show the better.

Ice Girls instead of the typical ice crew.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:10 AM
  #16
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,089
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Make the Blueberrys the primary home jerseys (ducks spoiled fruit from the gallery) and create a white version as the new away. Keep the current home jerseys as the 3rd.

Bring back the old goal horn and get rid of the fusion goal song...Rock and Roll part 2 100% of the time.

Bring back that mountain they used to skate out of to start the game.

Add a banner with the names of the players in the alumni association, you don't have to raise it every time you induct a guy. But do more to acknowledge they have been recognized.

Keep Bernie but make him less Dinger and more Rocky.

New Jumbotron. But not big and gaudy. It should have HD screens and such but I don't want something monsterous. You are supposed to watch the game on the ice not on the jumbo.

Bring back the guy they used to have dance to Cotten eyed joe mid way through the 2nd period. And do it every game not just every once in a while. Or alternate between that guy and the dancing ice crew. The less little kids and fat drunks in the crowd they show the better.

Ice Girls instead of the typical ice crew.
Solid post....but a few notes..

1) I think they do still have the mountain. They must not use it for every game, but I am 100% positive I saw it in games this year. I guess I didn't notice if they bring it down for every one of them.

2) The cotton eyed joe guy does come back every once in a while. Maybe he's married with kids now or moved. But he does a guest star appearance every blue moon.

3) We do need a jumbotron that is HD. - totally agree! Those screens in the corners are totally cheap. Not only should you never fully concentrate on a jumbotron, you shouldn't have to look in the TOP CORNER of a stadium to watch a HD screen.

4) I know the guy that is Bernie. I wonder if he ever reads this board. I can ask...

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:21 AM
  #17
Mouse21*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,263
vCash: 500
if they made the blueberries the home jersey, id be done. couldnt continue being a fan.

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:43 AM
  #18
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
1) I think they do still have the mountain. They must not use it for every game, but I am 100% positive I saw it in games this year. I guess I didn't notice if they bring it down for every one of them.
They have something different now, it has the A logo with long flashing lights almost like a door frame.

The mountain was cheesy but I think it worked.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:31 PM
  #19
Duskog
Smugnorance is bliss
 
Duskog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Solid post....but a few notes..

1) I think they do still have the mountain. They must not use it for every game, but I am 100% positive I saw it in games this year. I guess I didn't notice if they bring it down for every one of them.

2) The cotton eyed joe guy does come back every once in a while. Maybe he's married with kids now or moved. But he does a guest star appearance every blue moon.

3) We do need a jumbotron that is HD. - totally agree! Those screens in the corners are totally cheap. Not only should you never fully concentrate on a jumbotron, you shouldn't have to look in the TOP CORNER of a stadium to watch a HD screen.

4) I know the guy that is Bernie. I wonder if he ever reads this board. I can ask...
Man, I always thought it was "Kootenay Joe".

Also, having a white road version of the 3rd and making the current blueberry our home jersey is a really cool idea. Also +1 to ending this "tight-lipped" nonsense in the F.O... there's a big middle-ground between Toronto-esque media oversaturation, and what's going on in Denver.

Duskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:52 PM
  #20
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 5,150
vCash: 500
New Jumbotron, this x 1,000,000.

Keep the jerseys the same, but add a waist stripe on the blueberries.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:59 PM
  #21
GamingGiant
Registered User
 
GamingGiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 2,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Bring back the old jerseys and replace Browman.
This please.

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:44 PM
  #22
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 23,428
vCash: 966
Rycroft doing color would be awesome. An owner who knows a little about the game of ice hockey would be alright. I want a Eugene Melnyk kinda guy owning the team

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:59 PM
  #23
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
Go back to old jerseys and goal horn.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:07 PM
  #24
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,207
vCash: 500
Forgot to mention even though I live in Vancouver so this barely effects me but change the anthem singer. The 2 or 3 times Hockey Night in Canada does show an Avs home game I don't want to listen to Jake Schroeder instead I want to listen to somebody else. I don't know why but I can't stand the way he sings the national anthems.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:30 PM
  #25
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,089
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Forgot to mention even though I live in Vancouver so this barely effects me but change the anthem singer. The 2 or 3 times Hockey Night in Canada does show an Avs home game I don't want to listen to Jake Schroeder instead I want to listen to somebody else. I don't know why but I can't stand the way he sings the national anthems.
+1.....

The whole Avs experience in general is getting old. Same old stuff as in 2003. They need to change but the old nostalgic Pierre LaCroix and Joe Sakic and everyone else can't move on. It's one of the reasons I will be elated if Hejduk retires. They need to put the Stanley Cups in the past and make this a new team with it's own identity. A change in the Pepsi Center and how they manage the entertainment aspect of the game could use a dramatic change.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.