HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

P J Fenton/ J-F Boucher

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2004, 12:19 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
P J Fenton/ J-F Boucher

Just wondering what kind of game both play, as I will get the chance to see UMass for the 1st time this year, and I'm wondering what to expect from Fenton. I know he's putting up good numbers this year, but I really don't know too much about him or the team.

I also will get to see Yale and I'm interested in J-F Boucher and how he's looked so far this year.

Old
11-30-2004, 05:41 PM
ttnorm

I have Yale season tix and have seen Boucher enough to make him one of my favorites of the freshman class. He has got average size but is already one of the strongest guys on the team. He took a charging call last week that was barely a more than a one step check but the guy went flying (literally) and the ref made the unfortunate call.

He has good game instincts and does some good work skating in tough country around the net. He is also a bit of a leader and seems to be working at 100% all the time. Maybe a captain in 3 years? His skating is good but not great. Think power forward.

If there is one area he needs to develop it is his shooting. Last two years he scored almost at will at UCC but there he was a men among boys. Now he is a 3rd line center and while he has looked dangerous down low, he hasn't shown the quick release or the power in his shot to make an impression at this level. That is a skill that may come as he develops in the NCAA.

With Boucher, the skill hasn't quite caught up to the tools in a lot of areas. If he can develop a little better step, a little craftier stick, and a snap wrister, he could be a top player in two years.

Old
11-30-2004, 07:16 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Thanks for the info on Boucher.

Old
11-30-2004, 07:44 PM
johnny cool

Send a message via AIM to johnny cool
I've only seen Fenton play 3 or 4 times, but I can say that he is solid, but not noticably super-talented or outstanding in any way. Others may have more info, but in none of the games I saw did I actually notice him. I heard his name a bunch of times, so obviously he works hard and is an in-the-trenches type of player rather than a flashy player. Take that info for what it's worth, and sorry I couldn't help more.

Old
12-09-2004, 12:30 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanlambert
I've only seen Fenton play 3 or 4 times, but I can say that he is solid, but not noticably super-talented or outstanding in any way. Others may have more info, but in none of the games I saw did I actually notice him. I heard his name a bunch of times, so obviously he works hard and is an in-the-trenches type of player rather than a flashy player. Take that info for what it's worth, and sorry I couldn't help more.
PJ is an amazing athlete. He definetly has a flashy side to him because his hands are so good and he has great puck control skills. He has the ability to get himself space and know how to pass. The only problems I have seen is, he doesnt have the right speed all of the time. Sometimes he's either entering the offensive zone too fast or traveling in the neutral zone too slowly.

Closed Thread