HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zednik Zednik Zednik!!

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2004, 12:29 AM
KOVALEV10*

vCash: 500
Zednik Zednik Zednik!!

Richard Zednik is easely Montreal's best goal scorer as he proved it once again this past season by scoring a team high 26 goals. However, after checking his game by game stats, I saw something that intrigued me. This guy had 2 HUGGGEEE slumps this past season which saw him not score in like 12 straight games and one more in like 10 straight. Does anyone else agree with me that if this guy is more consistent he could get about 32-35 goals in a season and be top 5 in league goal scoring? What else do you think should he improve on?

Old
11-30-2004, 12:32 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
Richard Zednik is easely Montreal's best goal scorer as he proved it once again this past season by scoring a team high 26 goals. However, after checking his game by game stats, I saw something that intrigued me. This guy had 2 HUGGGEEE slumps this past season which saw him not score in like 12 straight games and one more in like 10 straight. Does anyone else agree with me that if this guy is more consistent he could get about 32-35 goals in a season and be top 5 in league goal scoring? What else do you think should he improve on?
Are you allowed to have a picture of Ryder, Kovalev's moniker, while also pimping Zednik? Just wondering...

Old
11-30-2004, 12:33 AM
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
Zednik's the man. Personally I do believe he has the capability of scoring at least 10 more goals in a season then he already does. I think all he needs to improve upon are certain decision making processes. Pass a bit more when it would be better then just shooting. He just needs to read plays a bit better is all.

Old
11-30-2004, 12:35 AM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanMontrealExpat
Are you allowed to have a picture of Ryder, Kovalev's moniker, while also pimping Zednik? Just wondering...
LOL I guess I'm the perfect habs fan

Old
11-30-2004, 12:48 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I don't think he could get more goals unless he really improves his shot accurency... When he's playing with Saku, he's wasting scoring opportunities like no other. How many times did he blasted the puck on the glass?

Old
11-30-2004, 12:53 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanMontrealExpat
dude your from japan

and you're in a HOCKEY forum

wtf?!

Old
11-30-2004, 01:09 AM
Squeaky

I could see zedder getting up around 35-40 once, but I don't expect that kind of production from him in a year. That would be a career year for him. He's a pretty solid 25-30 goalscorer a year sort of guy, and I am quite satisfied with that.

Old
11-30-2004, 01:15 AM
Skylab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz
dude your from japan

and you're in a HOCKEY forum

wtf?!
1. look up the word expat and maybe it will make sense to you
2. they play hockey in Japan, so even if this guy wasn't a Montreal expat he could still be a poster here and a fan of hockey

Old
11-30-2004, 04:48 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

Expat is short for expatriate. I'm from Montreal originally, and now doing research in Japan. You can check my profile for more.

I come here to minimize any homesickness I might have.

I went to McGill and Ecole Polytechnique, and while a grad student at McGill played intramural hockey. Strictly "D" league though.

Old
11-30-2004, 05:08 AM
habsfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
Does anyone else agree with me that if this guy is more consistent he could get about 32-35 goals in a season and be top 5 in league goal scoring? What else do you think should he improve on?
Zednik finished the 2002-03 season with 31 goals, one short of the numbers you are suggesting. I believe that he could easily hit the 35 goal mark and beyond. It all comes down to his health & linemates.

Also, Richard has never been on a good team before, so it will be interesting to see where he fits in with the Habs as they develope into what we all hope will be a good team.

As much as I hate to say it, I would not be surprised at all to see Zednik traded to another team before he starts potting 35+ goals (65+ points) per year. This team has been giving up on their finest players for my entire life as a habsfan, giving way to the worst decade of hockey in franchise history.

Old
11-30-2004, 06:28 AM
Fozz

Zednik needs to improve things that you can't really improve that much and that is hockey smarts and vision. You're either born with it or not.

He does need to improve his intensity level and show a more consistent effort in every game, every shift. We've all seen how much better he gets in the playoffs when he works harder.

IMO, Zednik is a solid 2nd line winger and that's his ceeling because of his poor decision making and lack of hockey sense.

Last edited by Fozz: 11-30-2004 at 09:06 AM.
Old
11-30-2004, 08:25 AM
saskhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan4life
Also, Richard has never been on a good team before, so it will be interesting to see where he fits in with the Habs as they develope into what we all hope will be a good team.
Washington was pretty good at the turn of the century, but Zednik was younger than 25 back then.

I've wondered about Zednik. Does he get the goals he does because he's the closest thing to a sniper on the HAbs, and therefore gets more opportunities, or does he get less goals because opponents know Montreal is thin and can try and limit his quality shooting opportunites? A full season with someone else that can score goals might do wonders, like Murray in Boston when they had Guerin. After that season (where he was the #2 shooter), Murray continued to put up big numbers. Boston still had quite a few offensive weapons beyond him, as well.

Old
11-30-2004, 08:41 AM
Dragon

Personally I don't care how much he scores in regular season. He scored the winner in game 7 against the Bruins and that's what it counts!
Claude Lemieux does not score a lot in regular season, so what?

Old
11-30-2004, 09:08 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
Personally I don't care how much he scores in regular season. He scored the winner in game 7 against the Bruins and that's what it counts!
Claude Lemieux does not score a lot in regular season, so what?
Claude Lemieux wasn't a first line winger either. I have no problem with Zednik but he shouldn't play on the first unit.

Old
11-30-2004, 09:42 AM
LePoche69

To me, Zednik can be a good first line winger if there is another high profil winger with Koivu and him. That was the case with Kovalev in the playoffs and it was the better first line we had in years. Otherwise, I agree that he is rather an amazing second line winger.

The Lemieux' comparison is interesting since Lemieux DID play important first line minutes for a few years. He was playing with Smith and Naslund, which is probably the best first line we got since Lafleur-Shutt-Lemaire. So obviously, Lemieux wasn't the main high profil winger on that line, Naslund was. Zednik could do a good job, but we need another winger. That's why Gainey got Kovalev, am I wrong?

Old
11-30-2004, 09:57 AM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

I can easily see Zednik scoring 35+ goals in a season. If you go through the highlights from last season on the Canadiens website, it seems like Zednik has like 3 quality chances every night. He gets himself into position, and has a fairly hard shot. As mentioned, he maybe needs to improve his accuracy, as many of the shots go wide, or hit the netminder. He is a quality player, and is tough to knock off the puck. I kind of wish though he had a little bit more skill, because he constantly tries one move to step around guys, and it just doesn't work.

Old
11-30-2004, 10:06 AM
RaTcine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
When he's playing with Saku, he's wasting scoring opportunities like no other.
Did you at least consider Bulis?

Old
11-30-2004, 10:21 AM
bazz

I do agree with Zednik being a 30/35+ goal scorer. He proved that 2 seasons ago by scoring 30 goals, and who knows what's going to happen when the NHL starts back up.

...Koivu at Centre, and maybe Kovalev on the other wing for a full season? That may have a huge impact on Zednik's play. With the talent of Kovalev and Koivu together, Zednik may step it up and score a ton more goals. We shall see..If not, he's still a hell of a good asset to have...

Man I can't wait for hockey to start back up!!!

Old
11-30-2004, 10:38 AM
NewHabsEra*

Sorry but Zednik doesnt have the natural skills to be an elite goalscorer... Playing with Koivu is the main reason why he got as much goals...

Old
11-30-2004, 10:41 AM
Bileur

IMO 30-35 maybe high 30s tops no way he ever leads the league

Old
11-30-2004, 10:59 AM
Darz

Consistentcy has always been an achilees heel with Zednik, but then again alot of goal scorers tend to go through hot spots and slumps through the regular season. Zednik is a steaky player, and I guess we should all get used to that.

11-30-2004, 11:10 AM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

THE ZZZZZZZZZZZ MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mms://wm.nhlteams.speedera.net/wm.nh...l_1063_300.wmv

Old
11-30-2004, 11:28 AM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio

OHHH I miss those awesome Habs/Leafs games!!

Old
11-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Bob Bastards

Quote:

Oh man, looking this game highlight is like having sex after 6 month of abstinence...
Good lord I miss hockey and Leaf bashing...

And oh yeah, in this Game Z was in fire.

Old
11-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Lok

Quote:

Do you have another videos available

Closed Thread