HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zednik Zednik Zednik!!

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2004, 01:22 PM
zurg999

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio
THE ZZZZZZZZZZZ MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mms://wm.nhlteams.speedera.net/wm.nh...l_1063_300.wmv

Have that game on the hard drive, great to watch even after the 4th? time.

One thing stands out on that last goal, if Marchment hadn't backed off (not wanting to hit his own teammate who was tailing Zednik) I think it's likely Zed would have been CLOTHESLINED ala the Kyle McClaren incident, very scary. I wish he'd keep his head up!!!

Old
11-30-2004, 02:15 PM
EaGLE1

I remember that game very well. Maybe it was the best game of the regular season. At least top 5. Ribs goal was very pretty as well

Old
11-30-2004, 03:21 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio
THE ZZZZZZZZZZZ MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mms://wm.nhlteams.speedera.net/wm.nh...l_1063_300.wmv

It's freezing too much for me I can't see it !

Old
11-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
It's freezing too much for me I can't see it !
download the file on your HD. After open the file (.wmv)

If the computer is not enough fast ... too bad...

Old
11-30-2004, 04:32 PM
Blackshad

Well iv said it for a long time now..
When Zednik doesnt put the effort he is useless.
When he is mad ( got croschecked, hit hard .. whatever) he is an all-star.
Thats why he have 2nd line points.
Begin should scream him names all night, that would help.

Old
11-30-2004, 10:42 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
Washington was pretty good at the turn of the century, but Zednik was younger than 25 back then.

I've wondered about Zednik. Does he get the goals he does because he's the closest thing to a sniper on the HAbs, and therefore gets more opportunities, or does he get less goals because opponents know Montreal is thin and can try and limit his quality shooting opportunites? A full season with someone else that can score goals might do wonders, like Murray in Boston when they had Guerin. After that season (where he was the #2 shooter), Murray continued to put up big numbers. Boston still had quite a few offensive weapons beyond him, as well.

amazing to think that the caps had a line of Zednik-Allison-Carter at one point. if you look at the return the caps got for these three players.... I believe, zubrus is the only one that remains.

Old
11-30-2004, 11:16 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad
Well iv said it for a long time now..
When Zednik doesnt put the effort he is useless.
When he is mad ( got croschecked, hit hard .. whatever) he is an all-star.
Thats why he have 2nd line points.
Begin should scream him names all night, that would help.
Even though he's inconsistent, I think most people would admit that Richard Zednik is extremely huge for us when the games count. He is a clutch player, and is perhaps more valuable to this team than merely his 25+ goals. That's probably the thing I like most about him.

With the Caps as a rookie, Zednik was massive in the playoffs, scoring 7 goals. In the 2002 playoffs, before the McLaren incident, Zednik was on fire, leading the Habs in scoring. Last year in the playoffs, Zed won us game 7 with 2 goals. He was tied for second in the league last year, with 9 game winning goals. He scored 2 goals, including the GWG at the Heritage Classic.

Old
12-01-2004, 04:42 AM
habsfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
I've wondered about Zednik. Does he get the goals he does because he's the closest thing to a sniper on the HAbs, and therefore gets more opportunities, or does he get less goals because opponents know Montreal is thin and can try and limit his quality shooting opportunites? A full season with someone else that can score goals might do wonders, like Murray in Boston when they had Guerin. After that season (where he was the #2 shooter), Murray continued to put up big numbers. Boston still had quite a few offensive weapons beyond him, as well.
The answer to your question is simple, in my opinion, it's the latter. Zednik gets less goals because opponents know that Montreal is young, inexperienced and small in stature, making it easy for them to limit the actual amount of chances he gets.

Simply put, our lack of experienced depth makes it pretty easy for teams to match up against us - until last season that is (points of last season).

Those saying that he's inconsistent are wrong because, he's consistently-inconsistent. His numbers over the course of an 82-game schedule are, by far, the most consistent on the team.

He's had 50 points in each of the last two seasons and before that he had two consecutive seasons in which he scored 44 points. He's had a shooting percentage at, or slightly above, 10% in all of those seasons.

I'll say again, as I've said in the past, Zednik? GIVE ME TWO OF 'EM! Hell, three... this guy is the type of player you need in order to compete for championships.

Old
12-01-2004, 04:58 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
amazing to think that the caps had a line of Zednik-Allison-Carter at one point. if you look at the return the caps got for these three players.... I believe, zubrus is the only one that remains.
Who did LA give them for Carter?

Old
12-01-2004, 09:54 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Habsfan4life wrote : Those saying that he's inconsistent are wrong because, he's consistently-inconsistent. His numbers over the course of an 82-game schedule are, by far, the most consistent on the team.
I think that what people means by "inconsistent" is "from game to game". I agree with you that he's consistent for a season, but certainly not from game to game.

Old
12-01-2004, 10:00 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
Who did LA give them for Carter?
Washington traded Carter to Boston as part of the Adam Oates, Rick Tocchet, Bill Ranford deal.

Boston received Carter, Allison, Jim Carey and a 3rd round pick.

12-01-2004, 10:19 AM
Mothra
The Groovy Guru

Quote:
Those guys were never a line......

Caps went to the Finals the season after trading Allison/Carter.....Oates was a big reason for that.....and he was a very good player while in Washington. A couple of Division Banners and a Conference banner still remain

Zednik is and has always been very streaky.....maybe that will change someday

Old
12-01-2004, 09:31 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra
Those guys were never a line......

Caps went to the Finals the season after trading Allison/Carter.....Oates was a big reason for that.....and he was a very good player while in Washington. A couple of Division Banners and a Conference banner still remain

Zednik is and has always been very streaky.....maybe that will change someday
I'm pretty sure these guys played a limited role on the 4th line as youngsters for a while....

Old
12-02-2004, 09:01 AM
Mothra
The Groovy Guru

Quote:
I'm pretty sure these guys played a limited role on the 4th line as youngsters for a while....
Depends on what you mean by "limited"

Schoenfeld was all about veteran players.....Allison, when he got a sweater, was mostly used as a 4th liner with a rare PP shift here and there. It was very rare for them to dress more than 1 rookie, let alone 3.....you can even look at the games played

96-97 Allison played 53 games, Carter 19, Zednik 11.....and although memory fails me sometimes I cant remember a game where all 3 played....and if they did I dont recall it being on the same line......

One of the beefs with the Poile/Schoenfeld era was that they didnt play young players. It was a veteran team whose main focus was always making the playoffs...which many of us thought was too short-sighted

Closed Thread