HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Final player grades

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-08-2012, 09:13 PM
  #1
Nyifan12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Final player grades

Final Player Grades (names listed in sweater # order) for players who played more than a couple of games

Streit: B- Played better at end but overall disappointing season
Hamonic: B Solid defenseman even with injury
Eaton: D Relatively useless, would have preferred seeing one of the youngsters
Bailey C+: See comments on Streit
Parenteau A: Must re-sign him
Reasoner F: Waste of a roster spot
Martin: B- Yes led league in hits but played too many 4th line minutes
Nabakov: B- held steady but injury prone
Okposo: C Lacks consistency
Staios: D See Eaton
Niederreiter: D Yes he wasn't given much of a chance, but when he played did nothing
Moulson: A 30+ goals again.
Jurcina F: You would think he would use his size to his advantage
Pandolfo: F see Reasoner
Montoya: D overall performance and numbers were on par with his career
DiPietro: F Time to move on
Grabner: C Compared to last year big disappointment
Ullstrom: B- Would like to see what a full season can do
Reese: B- There are worse 5th or 6th D. Would like to see what a full season can do
MacDonald: C+ I do not think ever recovered from last year's hip issue
Nielsen: B consistent, but poor on face-offs and in past had more SHG
Cizikas: C: Would have liked to see more from him
Tavares: A: With a better point man on D would have hit 85-90 pts.

Coach: C: Bring him back with a short leash

Nyifan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:15 PM
  #2
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang
 
IslesFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,654
vCash: 500
F for everyone sans JT, MM, PA, Hammer, and Nabby.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:20 PM
  #3
Islanderfan17
Registered User
 
Islanderfan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,657
vCash: 500
Capuano deserves an F

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:27 PM
  #4
Noreaster96
Registered User
 
Noreaster96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
F for everyone sans JT, MM, PA, Hammer, and Nabby.


It's good to have high expectations... but seriously?

Noreaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:48 PM
  #5
OrangeZebra
Unregistered User
 
OrangeZebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 500
Streit: C+
Hamonic: B+
Eaton: C-
Bailey: C
Parenteau: A-
Reasoner: D-
Martin: B
Nabokov: B+
Okposo: C+
Staios: C-
Niederreiter: D
Moulson: A-
Jurcina: D+
Pandolfo: C-
Montoya: C-
DiPietro: D-
Grabner: C
Ullstrom: B-
Reese: C+
MacDonald: C
Nielsen: B-
Cizikas: B
Tavares: A+


Poulin: B
Nilsson: B
Haley: C-
Gillies: F
Rakhshani: B-
Ness: B
Donovan: B-
Wishart: D-
de Haan: C+


Rolston: F
Mottau: D-



Capuano: C-



Snow: C


Last edited by OrangeZebra: 04-08-2012 at 09:59 PM.
OrangeZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:55 PM
  #6
Isles Junkie
Registered User
 
Isles Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,060
vCash: 500
Tavares - A Only thing keeping him from A+ is that he did have a couple extended goaless streaks this year.

Parenteau - A- Really improved his overall game and cut down on the give aways. I sure hope he's back

Moulson: B you know my beef with him

Okposo: B- Got off to a slow start, only recently picked up his defensive & offensive game. too little too late

Nielsen: B he is what he is. I just wish he was playing in a proper 3rd line role

Bailey: B- like Kyle, he didn't come on offensively till late. However his linemates for much of the year were crap. A few miscues here and there, but he improved his overall game a lot I'd say

Martin: A Performed in his role beautifully. Any added future offense we get from him is a bonus

Grabner: C- Stone hands, lousy year, decent on the PK though

Reasoner: F completely useless

Rolston: F- completely useless & lazy to boot

Pandolfo: C- he's a limited player but he played his limited role decently, he got all together too much hate from you guys

Nino: Incomplete. I can't fairly judge a 9th grader being forced to take an advanced college calculus class

Czikas - B I like what I saw. he didn't look out of place at all. He'll be a mainstay on this teams bottom 6 for years to come

Ullstrom: B again I like what I see. He looks to have a solid future in the bottom 9 and could probably be used as a swing man on the 2nd line

Comeau: F- what a disaster

Streit: B+ He really found his game in the 2nd half. But he really isn't a top pairing Dman anymore. Not sure if he really ever was. It would be great to find a way to bump him to #3 and give the minutes to someone from the outside

Hamonic: B Played a really great defensive game. Got his fair share of assists, but he lost something on his shot. He used to hit the net with his shot all the time, now he misses the net all too often

MacDonald: B- Most of the time he was solid, but he either regressed or stagnated this year. He's a solid #4 Dman though. Should be around for a long time.

Jurcina: C- you guys give him too much hate

Staois First half C+ 2nd half D- He just ran out of gas, but his smarts helped get him through the year

Eaton D He scored an OT winner, so he gets a D instead of an F

Mottau F get him outta here. ugh what a lousy dman

Reese C- he is what he is, a decent option for the bottom pair/7th Dman

Nabokov: A Played very well infront of a lousy defense and stole quite a few games for this team. Thrilled he's coming back.

Montoya: C Probably would have been a B had Nabby not gotten hurt, but Montoya was pretty damn lousy when he came back from the concussion.

DiPietro: F- just retire already so you can stand up to play ball with your grandkids one day

Poulin B looked pretty good at times. had a few stinkers in there though

Nilsson: B+ Just might have jumped over Poulin as goalie of the future



Capuano: D- He has to be the least proactive & least creative coach we've ever seen. How many games was he just rolling those same damn lines, eventhough everyone saw they weren't working. Maybe if he put together that Bailey Nielsen Okposo line about 15 games into the season, then things wouldn't have turned out so crappy. Probably wouldn't have made a big difference but who knows. Maybe some consistend scoring from another line besides JTs could have been enough to have the team more in the hunt?

His handling of Nino was just criminal. Granted he didn't belong in the league, but he put him in the worst possible spot to succeed. Even down to the last period of the season he didn't really put him with much talent. What was he doing playing with Reasoner & Grabner the last few games? Not exactly 2 guys with the best hockey sense.

Cap MUST GO

Snow: TBD

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:46 PM
  #7
Hip Of Rick
Registered User
 
Hip Of Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,459
vCash: 500
Streit: B-
Hamonic: B
Eaton: F
Bailey: C
Parenteau: B+
Reasoner: F
Martin: B+
Nabakov: B
Okposo: C +
Staios: F
Niederreiter: F
Moulson: A
Jurcina: F
Pandolfo: F
Montoya: D
DiPietro: F
Grabner: C-
Ullstrom: B-/Incomplete
Reese: C+
MacDonald: C+
Nielsen: B
Tavares: A

Jack Capuano : F

Garth Snow: F-

Charles Wang: F--

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 11:14 PM
  #8
JTforPres2012
Registered User
 
JTforPres2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZebra View Post
Streit: C+
Hamonic: B+
Eaton: C-
Bailey: C
Parenteau: A-
Reasoner: D-
Martin: B
Nabokov: B+
Okposo: C+
Staios: C-
Niederreiter: D
Moulson: A-
Jurcina: D+
Pandolfo: C-
Montoya: C-
DiPietro: D-
Grabner: C
Ullstrom: B-
Reese: C+
MacDonald: C
Nielsen: B-
Cizikas: B
Tavares: A+


Poulin: B
Nilsson: B
Haley: C-
Gillies: F
Rakhshani: B-
Ness: B
Donovan: B-
Wishart: D-
de Haan: C+


Rolston: F
Mottau: D-



Capuano: C-



Snow: C
Cap cost the Isles 10 to 15 points this year, and what did Snow do? Both deserve F's IMO.

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:49 AM
  #9
OrangeZebra
Unregistered User
 
OrangeZebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTforPres2012 View Post
Cap cost the Isles 10 to 15 points this year, and what did Snow do? Both deserve F's IMO.
Both are just marionettes in Wang's orchestra of failure

OrangeZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:36 AM
  #10
HoCk4307
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Am I the only one who watches PA play? he gives the puck away about 20 times a game. His vision is terrible. His decision making is worse. Every once in a while one of his idiotic passes happens to go to Tavares or Moulson, mostly out of dumb luck I suppose, the other 99 times it is deflected, blocked, stolen. This is then followed shortly thereafter by his trademark lazy, stupid, back breaking penalty. I hope he is gone. He isn't good enought for most teams 3rd lines and we have him out on the PP and on the top line.

HoCk4307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:35 AM
  #11
rikker
Registered User
 
rikker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoCk4307 View Post
Am I the only one who watches PA play? he gives the puck away about 20 times a game. His vision is terrible. His decision making is worse. Every once in a while one of his idiotic passes happens to go to Tavares or Moulson, mostly out of dumb luck I suppose, the other 99 times it is deflected, blocked, stolen. This is then followed shortly thereafter by his trademark lazy, stupid, back breaking penalty. I hope he is gone. He isn't good enought for most teams 3rd lines and we have him out on the PP and on the top line.
i agree.

rikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:25 AM
  #12
88th Precinct
'Charro Unchained'
 
88th Precinct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Location
Country: Spain
Posts: 3,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
Tavares - A Only thing keeping him from A+ is that he did have a couple extended goaless streaks this year.

Parenteau - A- Really improved his overall game and cut down on the give aways. I sure hope he's back

Moulson: B you know my beef with him

Okposo: B- Got off to a slow start, only recently picked up his defensive & offensive game. too little too late

Nielsen: B he is what he is. I just wish he was playing in a proper 3rd line role

Bailey: B- like Kyle, he didn't come on offensively till late. However his linemates for much of the year were crap. A few miscues here and there, but he improved his overall game a lot I'd say

Martin: A Performed in his role beautifully. Any added future offense we get from him is a bonus

Grabner: C- Stone hands, lousy year, decent on the PK though

Reasoner: F completely useless

Rolston: F- completely useless & lazy to boot

Pandolfo: C- he's a limited player but he played his limited role decently, he got all together too much hate from you guys

Nino: Incomplete. I can't fairly judge a 9th grader being forced to take an advanced college calculus class

Czikas - B I like what I saw. he didn't look out of place at all. He'll be a mainstay on this teams bottom 6 for years to come

Ullstrom: B again I like what I see. He looks to have a solid future in the bottom 9 and could probably be used as a swing man on the 2nd line

Comeau: F- what a disaster

Streit: B+ He really found his game in the 2nd half. But he really isn't a top pairing Dman anymore. Not sure if he really ever was. It would be great to find a way to bump him to #3 and give the minutes to someone from the outside

Hamonic: B Played a really great defensive game. Got his fair share of assists, but he lost something on his shot. He used to hit the net with his shot all the time, now he misses the net all too often

MacDonald: B- Most of the time he was solid, but he either regressed or stagnated this year. He's a solid #4 Dman though. Should be around for a long time.

Jurcina: C- you guys give him too much hate

Staois First half C+ 2nd half D- He just ran out of gas, but his smarts helped get him through the year

Eaton D He scored an OT winner, so he gets a D instead of an F

Mottau F get him outta here. ugh what a lousy dman

Reese C- he is what he is, a decent option for the bottom pair/7th Dman

Nabokov: A Played very well infront of a lousy defense and stole quite a few games for this team. Thrilled he's coming back.

Montoya: C Probably would have been a B had Nabby not gotten hurt, but Montoya was pretty damn lousy when he came back from the concussion.

DiPietro: F- just retire already so you can stand up to play ball with your grandkids one day

Poulin B looked pretty good at times. had a few stinkers in there though

Nilsson: B+ Just might have jumped over Poulin as goalie of the future



Capuano: D- He has to be the least proactive & least creative coach we've ever seen. How many games was he just rolling those same damn lines, eventhough everyone saw they weren't working. Maybe if he put together that Bailey Nielsen Okposo line about 15 games into the season, then things wouldn't have turned out so crappy. Probably wouldn't have made a big difference but who knows. Maybe some consistend scoring from another line besides JTs could have been enough to have the team more in the hunt?

His handling of Nino was just criminal. Granted he didn't belong in the league, but he put him in the worst possible spot to succeed. Even down to the last period of the season he didn't really put him with much talent. What was he doing playing with Reasoner & Grabner the last few games? Not exactly 2 guys with the best hockey sense.

Cap MUST GO

Snow: TBD
I'm glad I read before I started typing. Much more succinct than I could have been, but I pretty agree with everything - only dfference is, I would have given both Bailey & Okposo both C-'s.

I understand that they're victims of Capuano's inability to improvise, but I don't want to see them trainwreck for 6 1/2 months and go on little hot streaks once the Islanders playoff hopes are mathematically dead again. Grabner, Bailey and Okposo are placed in roles where none of the three are quite complete enough to offset their ineffectiveness when they don't exploit the hell out of their strengths. Grabner's slightly easier to overlook because his speed is always an advantage, Bailey has above average creativity/puck distribution an has a deceptively decent shot when in the mood to start shooting, and Okposo's got a knack for the north-south game and boardplay. They each do those things well when they're actually doing them tenaciously, but when they're not abusing the upsides those individual strengths, they all show varying degrees of ineffectiveness for periods of time long enough to make a postseason berth a miracle of statistics.

JT continues to climb, Moulson did what what expected and Parenteau over-achieved nicely. Martin, Cizikas and UllstrŲm give hope for the future and prolong Snow's "incomplete" score. Every other forward either couldn't apply constant pressure, was useless, garbage, or was placed next to useless garbage.

I don't wish to rant or hijack the thread, but I realy feel that if any two of #'s 21, 12 & 40 can produce points with fair consistency, it could snap the 'middle 6' out of their shared coma and motivate/facilitate better production roster-wide. The second and third lines collectively were the fail of the year. Nino's obviously included as well.

88th Precinct is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 05:30 AM
  #13
BillD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZebra View Post
Streit: C+
Hamonic: B+
Eaton: C-
Bailey: C
Parenteau: A-
Reasoner: D-
Martin: B
Nabokov: B+
Okposo: C+
Staios: C-
Niederreiter: D
Moulson: A-
Jurcina: D+
Pandolfo: C-
Montoya: C-
DiPietro: D-
Grabner: C
Ullstrom: B-
Reese: C+
MacDonald: C
Nielsen: B-
Cizikas: B
Tavares: A+


Poulin: B
Nilsson: B
Haley: C-
Gillies: F
Rakhshani: B-
Ness: B
Donovan: B-
Wishart: D-
de Haan: C+


Rolston: F
Mottau: D-



Capuano: C-



Snow: C
^^ This nails it.

BillD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:39 AM
  #14
luki here
Registered User
 
luki here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vienna
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
F for everyone sans JT, MM, PA, Hammer, and Nabby.
good to see you pay such close attention to all our players. Really simplifies things.

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:47 AM
  #15
luki here
Registered User
 
luki here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vienna
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoCk4307 View Post
Am I the only one who watches PA play? he gives the puck away about 20 times a game. His vision is terrible. His decision making is worse. Every once in a while one of his idiotic passes happens to go to Tavares or Moulson, mostly out of dumb luck I suppose, the other 99 times it is deflected, blocked, stolen. This is then followed shortly thereafter by his trademark lazy, stupid, back breaking penalty. I hope he is gone. He isn't good enought for most teams 3rd lines and we have him out on the PP and on the top line.
there are those things you mentioned (even though you are being a little too harsh, just a little). But he has hustled more than last season, has a very good wrist shot at times and was generally on this year. Will it last next year? i think not...betteer to get what we can for his negotiating rights and take a younger guy to replace him.

we shoulda traided him earlier! huge snow failure!

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:28 AM
  #16
MikeyMike01*
Hurray
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,432
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MikeyMike01* Send a message via MSN to MikeyMike01*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
Jack Capuano : F

Garth Snow: F-

Charles Wang: F--
These are the grades that matter. And those are spot on.

MikeyMike01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:52 AM
  #17
jdr016
Registered User
 
jdr016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,130
vCash: 500
I'm only talking to the OP here, but giving Okposo and Grabner the same grade is a crime. Okposo is a B- or C+. He came back from a major injury and still netted 22 goals. Grabner padded his stats in Columbus, but it was still a s*** season for him. Besides that, I agree with most of the grades you gave.

jdr016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:03 AM
  #18
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,285
vCash: 500
Streit: B- Came back from a Injury. Slow start but still not bad IMO
Hamonic: B Solid defenseman even with injury
Eaton: F. Waste of air
Bailey C-: needs to play the way he did at the end all season
Parenteau b+: Had a good season.
Reasoner F: Waste of a roster spot
Martin: B- Yes led league in hits but played too many 4th line minutes
Nabakov: B held steady but injury prone
Okposo: C+ Lacks consistency
Staios: f See Eaton
Niederreiter: f
Moulson: a- 30+ goals again.
Jurcina F: You would think he would use his size to his advantage
Pandolfo: F see Reasoner
Montoya: c- overall performance and numbers were on par with his career
DiPietro: F Time to move on
Grabner: C Compared to last year big disappointment
Ullstrom: B Would like to see what a full season can do
Reese: c- There are worse 5th or 6th D. Would like to see what a full season can do
MacDonald: C+ I do not think ever recovered from last year's hip issue
Nielsen: B consistent, but poor on face-offs and in past had more SHG
Cizikas: C: Would have liked to see more from him
Tavares: A-: With a better point man on D would have hit 85-90 pts.

Coach: f: Bring him back with a short leash

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:08 AM
  #19
luki here
Registered User
 
luki here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vienna
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr016 View Post
I'm only talking to the OP here, but giving Okposo and Grabner the same grade is a crime. Okposo is a B- or C+. He came back from a major injury and still netted 22 goals. Grabner padded his stats in Columbus, but it was still a s*** season for him. Besides that, I agree with most of the grades you gave.
i totally agree with you that the grades shouldnt be the same. But, there is a but, how is okposo coming off a major injury? he had his comeback more than half a year before this season started. Give me a break!

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:51 PM
  #20
DarkHorse
Go Banana!
 
DarkHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 500
KEEP
====
Streit: B-
Hamonic: B+
Bailey B
Martin: B
Nabakov: B+
Okposo: B-
Staios: C+
Niederreiter: C-
Moulson: A
Grabner: B-
Ullstrom: B+
Reese: B-
MacDonald: B-
Nielsen: B+
Cizikas: INC
Tavares: A+

TOSS
====
Eaton: C-
Parenteau B+
Reasoner D
Jurcina C-
Pandolfo: C+
Montoya: C
DiPietro: INC
Coach: F

DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:58 PM
  #21
jdr016
Registered User
 
jdr016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfindl View Post
i totally agree with you that the grades shouldnt be the same. But, there is a but, how is okposo coming off a major injury? he had his comeback more than half a year before this season started. Give me a break!
This was his first, full season since the injury. An injury like that takes time to get back to 100%.

jdr016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:35 PM
  #22
HammyNyIslesCupCrazy
Registered User
 
HammyNyIslesCupCrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Final grades per Katie Strang

The Islanders didn't have much to celebrate this season.
Yet another dreadful season and yet another stab at the lottery for the 27th-place Islanders, who miss the postseason for the fifth straight year. Despite the progress of young stars John Tavares and Travis Hamonic, the Islanders canít seem to shake the stigma of one of the leagueís worst clubs. We hand out our end-of-the-season report card. Warning: itís not pretty.

Isles' final report card

Overall: D
Itís going to become very hard for owner Charles Wang and general manager Garth Snow to continue preaching a rebuild with the team missing the playoffs for the fifth straight season. The problems start at the top with the beleaguered franchise and the team has done little to foster a winning culture or nurture development. As a result, the team remains mired in the bottom of the standings once again as it creeps closer toward obscurity.

Offense: D
Letís give credit where it is due: John Tavares took his game to a new level in a terrific third season. Matt Moulson continues to silence critics with a phenomenal effort -- his third straight season of thirty goals or more. And PA Parenteau set himself up for a big payday with a career-high 67 points. But that trio constitutes one line and the Isles need much, much more to be competitive on a nightly basis.

Kyle Okposo rebounded after an injury-shortened 2010-11 campaign and Josh Bailey picked up his play during the last month, but Michael Grabner regressed and former top prospect Nino Niederreiter stalled completely. The former fifth overall pick recorded only one goal in 55 games this season and had many wondering why the Islanders kept him up in the first place.

Defense: C-
The development of young blue-liner Travis Hamonic has to be one of the brightest spots during a bleak season. The 21-year-old Winnipeg native flourished on the blue line, and along with partner Andrew MacDonald, emerged as one of the teamís young leaders. But the team is still in dire need of another top-four defenseman to help out captain Mark Streit. Only three teams gave up more goals against per game.

Special Teams: B-
The Islanders boasted a pretty good power-play unit this season with key contributions from skilled forwards Tavares and Parenteau.

The team ranked 8th in the league with an 18.5 percent success rate on the man-advantage. Their penalty-kill was not as good. Down a man, the Islanders finished with an efficiency rate of 80.5 percent, which placed them 23rd in the league.

Goaltending: B
What a stunning turnaround for Evgeni Nabokov. The guy goes from Public Enemy No. 1 on Long Island after famously spurning the team that claimed him off waivers last January to the starting goaltender.

Kudos to Nabokov for changing his tune and winning the No. 1 job and credit to Snow for re-signing the 36-year-old to another one-year deal before seasonís end. The team does have talent in the pipeline with young netminders Anders Nilsson and Kevin Poulin thriving under the tutelage of goaltending coach Sudarshan Maharaj down in Bridgeport.

Should be an interesting upcoming season for the future of Rick DiPietro.

Coaching: D
It wouldnít be fair to saddle coach Jack Capuano with all the culpability of the teamís travails, but expect him to have a shorter leash at the start of next season. The former Bridgeport coach has passion in abundance but if the Isles suffer another abysmal start, the team needs to find someone with more experience and cache.

HammyNyIslesCupCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:05 PM
  #23
DarkHorse
Go Banana!
 
DarkHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammyNyIslesCupCrazy View Post
Final grades per Katie Strang
Coaching: D
It wouldnít be fair to saddle coach Jack Capuano with all the culpability of the teamís travails, but expect him to have a shorter leash at the start of next season. The former Bridgeport coach has passion in abundance but if the Isles suffer another abysmal start, the team needs to find someone with more experience and cache.
These words...what do they mean?

DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:07 PM
  #24
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!
 
Twine Seeking Missle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Suck-town
Country: United States
Posts: 7,892
vCash: 500
JT, Moulson, PAP : A
Nabby, Hammer, Martin, Franzie : B
Grabner, Bailey, Okposo, Streit : C
Everyone else : Mix of D's and F's.
Nino : F-

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:24 PM
  #25
Knish Of The Crease
Registered User
 
Knish Of The Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,559
vCash: 500
Tavares:A
Moulson:B+
Pierre Alaxander:A
Nielsen:C
Bailey:C
Okposo:C
Niederdoodle
Pandolfo
Martin:B
Grabner:C
Reasoner:F
Cizikas:incomplete
Ullstrom: incomplete
Hailey: incomplete
Hamonic: B
OldMcDonald:C
Streit:C
Staios:C
Jurcina
Eaton
Reese:Incomplete
Nabakov:B+
Toyota:C

Crapuano:F. I really think Bailey & Okposo would have had better seasons had this buffoon managed the lines properly. Bailey wasted away on the 3rd line too long while Grabner wasted space on the 2nd line.

Knish Of The Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.