HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Paul Hamilton - "Lindy doesnt want a strong captain"

Old
04-09-2012, 01:09 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Soooo Hamilton speculates and we automatically claim it true

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Stanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
is conversation based on speculation not allowed in this forum? if so, i was unaware. because much of the board should just be shut down if that's the case.

Stanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:38 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
This whole thing is coming from Mr. Paul "CAPTAIN NEGATIVE" Hamilton. Guy never has anything positive to say about the Sabres during the games or after. Brian would ask him or make a point someone was playing good and Hamilton will turn it into talking about someone else thats isn't. Guy just reminds me TOO MUCH of a college reporter who couldn't hack it as a Hockey player.

Why people look to him as a Hockey Expert, I have no idea why. He has no insightful knowledge into prospects in the system. His analysts of the games I can get from my 6 year old cousin. The guy has his agendas towards certain players regardless how well they play or how well they don't play.
Paul Hamilton is the ultimate Ruff fanboy....

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:38 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
interesting if you look at the records during captaincy...

Mike Peca - Physical, imposing player, heady... Conference Final, Stanley Cup final, a few other runs and division titles, then he gets exiled for wanting to get paid a bit more...

No Captain - EC Semi, riding Hasek's back despite having only two players scoring more than 20 goals (3 had 20 or 19).

Stu Barnes - Soft spoken sweetheart, missed every year

Rotational catastrophe system - missed every year

Drury/Briere - Outspoken, solid dudes who still get cred for their leadership tandem... back to back ECFs, only to be exiled for DESERVING to get paid a bit more...

Rotational F'ing Horsecrap part 2 - missed every year

Craig Rivet - Team nominated, came in with a rep for being pretty balls out... back to back ECQF losses, with Rivet being benched for half of final season and being exiled to Columbus in disgrace.

Jason Pominville - we know the story... ohhhhhh, just missed.

i dunno, you'd think Lindy himself would look at the pattern and go, "maybe i should get a strong-minded guy in here again and see if we can't rise above this crap". But maybe Pegula should ask the same question, and replace the guy who's allowed it all to happen.
Sure is interesting...

You can look at the roster that was built and blame Darcy too, but if they DO work as a tandem...then it's even more interesting to look at who wasn't brought in.

Speculation yes, but a lot of what's going on right now is pretty damning on Lindy, and not so much the players or even Darcy.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Stanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Sure is interesting...

You can look at the roster that was built and blame Darcy too, but if they DO work as a tandem...then it's even more interesting to look at who wasn't brought in.

Speculation yes, but a lot of what's going on right now is pretty damning on Lindy, and not so much the players or even Darcy.
Well Jim Bob is right. Its on both of them, Regier has to be included. Lindy can only name a captain based on who he has. It probably explains/excuses why we suffered through not one, but two rotational "try outs", which completely nullified the role. That being said, you could look at the rotations as either a cop out altogether, or another way to minimize the captain role instead of making a pick and sticking by it (like he has this time with Pominville). Either way, that kind of toying is a failure on Ruff.

Old
04-09-2012, 01:52 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Well, what I'm saying is there's been many different groups that the coach has yet to succeed with. I'm not interested in changing out players anymore...they have been, albeit slowly, and the results aren't there.

But you look at this team on paper, and you have a hard time convincing me that there's not teams in the playoffs right now that are better than them from a talent perspective.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:55 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
Paul Hamilton is the ultimate Ruff fanboy....
He didn't sound like it this morning.

He said either Ruff or a bunch of players need to go. It sounded to me like he'd lean towards changing the coach, but he figured that wasn't going to happen with Pegula & Black firmly behind Regier & Ruff.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
He didn't sound like it this morning.

He said either Ruff or a bunch of players need to go. It sounded to me like he'd lean towards changing the coach, but he figured that wasn't going to happen with Pegula & Black firmly behind Regier & Ruff.
What do you think is the reasoning for that?

It never made sense to me

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:01 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
What do you think is the reasoning for that?

It never made sense to me
I think that someone sold them on the idea that the working environment under previous ownership was BRUTAL and they basically performed a miracle by getting to the ECFs twice coming out of the lockout and that they were so close to winning the Cup in '99.

I have this feeling that Regier/Ruff get the 12/13 AND 13/14 seasons and then they get the boot if the team continues on the treadmill of mediocrity that they are on right now.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
I think that someone sold them on the idea that the working environment under previous ownership was BRUTAL and they basically performed a miracle by getting to the ECFs twice coming out of the lockout and that they were so close to winning the Cup in '99.

I have this feeling that Regier/Ruff get the 12/13 AND 13/14 seasons and then they get the boot if the team continues on the treadmill of mediocrity that they are on right now.
you think that someone might be regier/ruff

and just think, they just need to pull off 1 miracle run to an ECF to get another 3 years after 13/14

Old
04-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
That's what happens with speculation around here.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:16 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

The fact that speculation from a not-respected name in journalism is garnering this degree of "yeah, I can totally see that being the case," is as damning of Ruff's job as coach as these rumors actually being true.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Stanford

Paul Hamilton is not respected? to whom? Guy is in the locker room after pretty much every game.

is ANYONE "respected" here? I'm curious.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
Paul Hamilton is not respected? to whom? Guy is in the locker room after pretty much every game.

is ANYONE respected here? I'm curious.
everyone here is way smarter and plugged into the inner worksing at First Niagara.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Stanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
everyone here is way smarter and plugged into the inner worksing at First Niagara.
oh ok whew. clearly, i'm among "elite" company...

Old
04-09-2012, 02:50 PM
VilleLeino

Lindy has got to go....

VilleLeino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:08 PM
SabresAreScaryGood
McDavid 2015!!!

Quote:
We could have had this discussion without anything from Hamilton. Why are so many Sabres fans in denial about this organization? We dont have people in place to have a 1st class organization, and until we figure that out we wont.

SabresAreScaryGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Squantosawuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
If the coach is trusted, I don't want Pominville, Ovechkin, Crosby, Nash, Sedin, Iginla, etc... To "go after" the coach. That's just disrespectful and breeds other players to argue, challenge, or ignore the coach.
When I read this, that ol' Sesame Street song "Which One of These Things is Not Like The Other" popped into my head.

"Which one of these things is NOT like the other...can you tell me...da da da da...."

Oh, and for the record, I DO like Lindy Ruff...and hate the thought of this team ever winning a Cup and him not being a part of it.
However, there are things he does I cannot stand...and Darcy has more busts than successes.

Hanging on to these two for so long only HURTS the image of the franchise. Makes them look small-time.

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squantosawuss View Post
When I read this, that ol' Sesame Street song "Which One of These Things is Not Like The Other" popped into my head.

"Which one of these things is NOT like the other...can you tell me...da da da da...."

Oh, and for the record, I DO like Lindy Ruff...and hate the thought of this team ever winning a Cup and him not being a part of it.
However, there are things he does I cannot stand...and Darcy has more busts than successes.

Hanging on to these two for so long only HURTS the image of the franchise. Makes them look small-time.
When you put it like that... Nash. He's quit on way more coaches than the rest of these guys have quit on combined.

04-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
When you put it like that... Nash. He's quit on way more coaches than the rest of these guys have quit on combined.

How many has Nash quit on?

Cuz Ovie and Iginla have 1 each.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
How many has Nash quit on?

Cuz Ovie and Iginla have 1 each.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_head_coaches

The guy is the most over-hyped non-winner in the league. He's the Jay Bouwmeester of forwards: big, skilled, Canadian... and a loser.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Royisgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood View Post
We could have had this discussion without anything from Hamilton. Why are so many Sabres fans in denial about this organization? We dont have people in place to have a 1st class organization, and until we figure that out we wont.
The bolded text above says it all. An acceptance of these words by everyone on this forum would instantly negate about 99% of what is written here.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Squantosawuss

Quote:
I had a feeling Nash was gonna f-up my joke.

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_head_coaches

The guy is the most over-hyped non-winner in the league. He's the Jay Bouwmeester of forwards: big, skilled, Canadian... and a loser.

Yeah. I'm no Nash fan.

I think loser fits him well.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 09:33 AM
punkr0x

So if Lindy doesn't put a C on a guy's jersey, that guy isn't allowed to backtalk him? The C is purely symbolic, and I think if you're not looking at it from the perspective of "who will challenge Ruff the most," Pominville is obviously the guy. Nobody had any problem with him being captain until Paul Hamilton came up with this angle.

I think there are guys in the locker room who will question Lindy. Derek Roy gets accused of being one of Lindy's favorites, yet his comments at locker cleanout show he's not afraid of speaking his mind. You think Ryan Miller doesn't have some say when we keep Patrick Lalime for another year just to keep him happy? You think it's entirely Lindy's decision to play Miller every game when we're in a playoff race? What about Leino and Ehrhoff, these guys came into the locker room already signed to long term deals, do you really think they're afraid to talk back to Lindy? Supposedly it was Leino's decision to move back to wing when center wasn't working.

No, I think some of our players have too much input into the game plan. The only ones questioning Lindy on a consistent basis should be James Patrick, Teppo Numminen and Kevyn Adams. What exactly did Drury and Briere say to him that lead to two ECFs? Ridiculous.

punkr0x is offline   Reply With Quote