HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

OA's Likely To Be Moved

Old
04-09-2012, 12:16 PM
OHLFan8771

vCash: 500
OA's Likely To Be Moved

It may be a little early but who are OA's next season likely to be moved before the start of the 12-13 season?

It seems Findlay from the Soo is likely to be moved.

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:36 PM
FrontenacSens

David Mazurek from Kingston is 100% gone

FrontenacSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Ward Cornell

Kitchener will have only one OA (if he does come back)...Andrew Crescenzi.

Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Hockeyfriend

Sudbury has 7 1992's currently on their roster. Barring any NHL lock-out, two will draduate to AHL/NHL next year (Sgarbossa and Mattson). The remaining 5 will certainly be discussed to see who will stay and who will go. Not sure if they will keep 4 until tradeline in January or just go with 3 right from the start.

Hockeyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:44 PM
defensehockey19

Peterborough's' Mike Morrison(G) will be on the market im sure.. Petes have no returning OA's' and will be shopping hard for some Forwards.

Who does Plymouth move? Niagara?

I like Hottot from Sarnia, any chance he is moved?

defensehockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Libbs

Spits should have a couple to deal. Czinder is most definitely available and depending on what happens with certain defensemen report to Windsor (Seiloff), Braithwaite will be available as well.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:28 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

London:

Flemington will not be back

Ferry,Hughes and Houser will likely be London's OA's next season...unless one of Namestnikov or Knight come back(which I doubt). Every other '92 I see moving on to the A at least.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

Will be interesting in Barrie with 9 OA-aged players next year. Many will have to be moved. Will be interesting to see what they do.

Beyers
Telegin
Sutch
Pearson
Mcneill
Buonomo
Hartwick
O'connor
Niederberger

Racer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:20 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
Will be interesting in Barrie with 9 OA-aged players next year. Many will have to be moved. Will be interesting to see what they do.

Beyers
Telegin
Sutch
Pearson
Mcneill
Buonomo
Hartwick
O'connor
Niederberger
As a petes fan I would love Beyers, Sutch or O'Connor. '

Old
04-09-2012, 02:34 PM
mcreferee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post

Beyers
Telegin
Sutch
Pearson
Mcneill
Buonomo
Hartwick
O'connor
Niederberger
Well...A long list to be sure, but not all are real candidates. To start, Pearson is sure to be taken in this years draft and it is highly unlikely the NHL team will send him back to the OHL. He is safe money to be gone.

Telegin (WPG), Sutch (BUF) and McNeill (PIT) are drafted players and are likely to be AHL bound if signed. Telegin (and Niederberger) are also imports and it is not often these players are kept as OA's. Niederberger is a better bet to be back, but it would depend on who the Colts take in this year's import draft.
That really leaves Beyers, Buonomo, Hartwick and O'Connor, with possibly Niederberger.

mcreferee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 05:33 PM
StormSurge9

Guelph will likely be a team looking for one, a defenceman is of definate need and we currently only have 2 92's

StormSurge9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 05:48 PM
defensehockey19

What is a typical price for a solid OA such as Findlay? The Petes will need an OA Centre for the second line and an OA RW for the first line. I think Beyers and Findlay could be those 2. Could Findlay be had for a 2nd?

Old
04-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
What is a typical price for a solid OA such as Findlay? The Petes will need an OA Centre for the second line and an OA RW for the first line. I think Beyers and Findlay could be those 2. Could Findlay be had for a 2nd?
If you listen to the talk, one of the 2nd's from the Campbell deal will be flipped back to SSM for their choice of OA's and Spits are interested in Findlay. Not sure where he's fit though.

We do have your RW though...how about Czinder for Morrison straight up?

Old
04-09-2012, 06:28 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
If you listen to the talk, one of the 2nd's from the Campbell deal will be flipped back to SSM for their choice of OA's and Spits are interested in Findlay. Not sure where he's fit though.

If Erie does not go with a goalie in the import draft it is a necessity that they get an OA goalie. I think Erie could benefit for a OA right wing or d-man.

Is Dodero on the trade block from Sudbury? I think he would fit in well on the blueline. A good winger would be Schoenmakers, or Beyers.

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Torts

majors sit right now with 3 92 born players

Brace
Cord
Partanen

dunno if we make a trade and open up the import spot, i personally cant see it happening

Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:26 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:

Done deal.

Old
04-09-2012, 08:05 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcreferee View Post
Well...A long list to be sure, but not all are real candidates. To start, Pearson is sure to be taken in this years draft and it is highly unlikely the NHL team will send him back to the OHL. He is safe money to be gone.

Telegin (WPG), Sutch (BUF) and McNeill (PIT) are drafted players and are likely to be AHL bound if signed. Telegin (and Niederberger) are also imports and it is not often these players are kept as OA's. Niederberger is a better bet to be back, but it would depend on who the Colts take in this year's import draft.
That really leaves Beyers, Buonomo, Hartwick and O'Connor, with possibly Niederberger.
I respectfully disagree. I think there is a reasonable chance Pearson will be back. I think it's likely he'll go in the 2nd round or later especially given his injury.

Niderberger will be back in the OHL, though maybe not with te Colts. Telegin would absolutely be kept as an OA (he may be the best player in the OHL since the new year) but he'll surely be in St. John's.

I expect te Colts will have to choose three of Beyers, Buonomo, Hartwick, Niederberger, O'Connor and Pearson. I expect it will be Beyers, Buonomo, O'Connor and Pearson until the deadline, at which point they would reassess.

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Libbs

One would expect Pearson in the AHL, no?

Old
04-09-2012, 08:19 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Whats Czinder like? Only thing I know is he has really bad hair. Is he a true first line RW?

Old
04-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Whats Czinder like? Only thing I know is he has really bad hair. Is he a true first line RW?
1st line... no.
2nd line... maybe
3rd line... just right!

Czinder-ella (as my brother likes to call him) is a gentle giant. He has quite a long fuse but will fight back if he has to. Sometimes he'll be dominate and no one can touch him down low. Other times he just falls down.

He has a good work ethic though and has improved over his 2 years in the league thus far. Should be good for 15-20 goals.

Old
04-09-2012, 08:28 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
1st line... no.
2nd line... maybe
3rd line... just right!

Czinder-ella (as my brother likes to call him) is a gentle giant. He has quite a long fuse but will fight back if he has to. Sometimes he'll be dominate and no one can touch him down low. Other times he just falls down.

He has a good work ethic though and has improved over his 2 years in the league thus far. Should be good for 15-20 goals.
Sounds like a reid like player. He'll probably give you 2 seconds gfor him!

And then release Morrison.

Old
04-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Sounds like a reid like player. He'll probably give you 2 seconds gfor him!
We'll just swap you for Morrison.

Old
04-09-2012, 09:33 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

I don't expect any of these players to be moved before the start of the year but potential candidates from Sarnia that would be valuable to a team in a later season trade are (If Sarnia packs it in):

in order of value

Charlie Sarault (F) - scorer, PP player

Nathan Chiarlitti (D) - shutdown defender with great leadership would be a good acquisition

Craig Hottot (F) - He'd be highly coveted I would imagine as he's extremely versatile and can slot in many different roles/positions

Domenic Alberga (F) - versatile as well but to a lesser extent

Julian Luciani (D) - depth defenseman/forward

Rensfeldt (import), Spooner and Anderson are all expected to head pro but if for some reason they return I'm positive they'd be moved. Very slim chance.

Not considered overagers but I'd expect Reid Boucher, Connor Murphy and Alex Galchenyuk to all be shopped if the Sting's season gets off to a bad start to recoup some assets.

dean youngblood82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:22 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
I'm not sure about that...a big part will be where he goes. If the Leafs draft him he may play on the top line in the NHL next season... Most of the guys I can recall who were drafted after their first eligible year end up playing in the OHL as overagers. I guess we'll see.

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
I'm not sure about that...a big part will be where he goes. If the Leafs draft him he may play on the top line in the NHL next season... Most of the guys I can recall who were drafted after their first eligible year end up playing in the OHL as overagers. I guess we'll see.
But those that I can recall have always been a 6th or 7th round pick. From early indications at least, he might be a higher pick.