Nucks over Kings in 6 I will never be this happy to be this wrong again, so long as the Kings dont goof up. Sharks over Blues in 7 :fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu: Yotes over Hawks in 7 Ultimately I hope I'm wrong about this. Predators over Wings in 6 Off by only a game. Darn!
East: Rangers over Senators in 6 Can't wait to see if the Sens can pull this one off Bruins over Capitals in 5 Well I'm currently DVR delayed and watching period two of this one...who knows! Devils over Panthers in 4 WOW I was way off. Penguins over Flyers in 7 :fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu:
Stanley Cup Finals: Penguins over Predators in 5 [Billy Madison Voice] YOU BLEW IT!!! [/Billy Madison Voice]
Not looking too hot for my predictions... usually I'm a lot more accurate in the playoffs.
St. Louis in 5 games - /cracks knuckles
LA in 7 games - let's hope I'm off on the game count
Phoenix in 6 games - tomorrow could be the night
Nashville in 5 games - feelsgoodman.jpg
Ottawa in 6 games - tomorrow could be the night Boston in 4 games - well...um...I get a pass on this one
New Jersey in 7 games - not impossible yet! Pittsburgh in 7 games - who cares about the east anyway
WEST (1) Vancouver vs. (8) Los Angeles - LA in 7 (Lou goes headcase right away and LA's scoring depth wakes up)
I at least called the winner, and I was pretty much right with my secondaries.
(2) St. Louis vs. (7) San Jose - Blues in 6 (SJ's scoring depth gets stifled early and often, Jumbo goes Pt/G and still gets called a no-show)
Called this one pretty well, if I do say so myself. Jumbo DID go pt/g, though I haven't heard anyone call him out yet. And what was that about SJ's (completely non-existent) scoring depth? I think I'm going to hang my hat on this pick all playoffs long.
(3) Phoenix vs. (6) Chicago - Phoenix in 7 (if Toews doesn't come back, I've got no faith in Chicago's goaltending even if he does)
I'm on track with this one. Chicago's goaltending has been pretty damn terrible.
(4) Nashville vs. (5) Detroit - Detroit in 5 (Radulov is a non-factor, Nashville struggles to score and Detroit just blows them out of the water)
Swing and a miss...
EAST (1) New York Rangers vs. (8) Ottawa - Rangers in 6 (Rangers top-9 is scary, the Sens don't have the D to shut down all 3 lines. Rangers D is SUPER underrated as well)
Ottawa has surprised me... I'm going to be bummed out of the Rags get knocked out this early. I really like a lot about the Rags (which hurts me inside)...
(2) Boston vs. (7) Washington - Boston sweeps (Backstrom hasn't had time to get to game speed, and Boston has the lines and home ice to shut down Ovie)
My only predicted sweep, and I've completely underestimated the Caps and/or completely overrated the Bruins.
(3) Florida vs. (6) New Jersey - Jersey in 5 (selfish, I just want their pick)
This one is interesting. I wish I could've seen any of the games so far to get a better handle on what's going on...
(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Philadelphia - Philly in 6 (Even without Pronger, Philly is scary good, plus, I hate sh*tsburgh with a passion)
Jarick, I think there's something wrong with your calculations. With only 4 series complete, shouldn't there be a max of 12 points so far? Adding up Burns4Norris's totals by hand, doesn't he have 9 points instead of 13? Adding up mine, don't I only have 8 points instead of 11?
I don't put anywhere near all the blame on Fleury. Pittsburgh's defense was absolutely horrendous. They hung Fleury out to dry numerous times.
Absolutely, but he never bailed them out, and allowed a number of softies. With how he played, no amount of defense would have saved him. They had the offense to overcome the poor defensive play, but not enough to overcome the poor goaltending.