HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happened to Michael Frolik?

Old
04-09-2012, 03:38 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

vCash: 500
What happened to Michael Frolik?

http://youtu.be/whN7w4yEQIE

I was pretty high on him last playoffs, this season has been a major disapointment and we have him for the next 2 or 3 years can he turn it around or is he going to be a 2.4 mil scratch every year....

InTOEWSweTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Sevanston

The guy hasn't lost his heart, he gives a full effort every shift.

But his offense suddenly became drier than Arrakis. It's amazing sand worms don't appear every time he enters the offensive zone.

I bet we see a little more production from him next season. I mean, when you hit rock bottom, the only place to go is up.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 05:52 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

He is absolute garbage! I throw up in my mouth every time I see he's even dressed!

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 05:55 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
I want to like Frolik but it's tough. He tries hard every shift. He just has no shot and no finish.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:13 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Most are in the NHL for a reason. When they are limited in playing time, it's hard for some to find a groove. We saw this with Stalberg getting increased minutes this year.

Unless you are part of the core you're going to have a short leash with Q. Frolik did not do enough with his early season opportunities.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:38 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Most are in the NHL for a reason. When they are limited in playing time, it's hard for some to find a groove. We saw this with Stalberg getting increased minutes this year.

Unless you are part of the core you're going to have a short leash with Q. Frolik did not do enough with his early season opportunities.
Are you kidding me? Q has given Frolik every chance to succeed and he has proven time and time again that he just can't score in this league. And to the question "What happened to Michael Frolik". The truth is this is a question that is 2 years too late. His inability to score in this league was apparent before he even joined the Hawks. Certain folks here who think they are experts at evaluating players told us otherwise when he arrived here, and that he was a great steal for us, even though he was in a horrendous slump before he arrived. WRONG AGAIN. Then Stan chose to re-sign him based on his play in a 7 game playoff series. Brutal mistake on his part... not so much the re-signing but the term. Now we're stuck with him.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:49 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Are you kidding me? Q has given Frolik every chance to succeed and he has proven time and time again that he just can't score in this league. And to the question "What happened to Michael Frolik". The truth is this is a question that is 2 years too late. His inability to score in this league was apparent before he even joined the Hawks. Certain folks here who think they are experts at evaluating players told us otherwise when he arrived here, and that he was a great steal for us, even though he was in a horrendous slump before he arrived. WRONG AGAIN. Then Stan chose to re-sign him based on his play in a 7 game playoff series. Brutal mistake on his part... not so much the re-signing but the term. Now we're stuck with him.
Hence the reason I said Frolik did not do enough with his early season opportunities.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Teravainen
LoveYouRyanNash

that video, makes me very sad.

Old username: LoveYouRyanNash and DontTazMeBro
GO HAWKS!
Teravainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:35 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

So does he get another shot next year because I doubt anyone wants that contract

Old
04-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Sleight Of Hand
No More Coldplay

Quote:
This x100. Effort is for squirts. In the NHL we are looking for value and performance for the cap hit. He is failing on all fronts.

Sleight Of Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:56 PM
LarmerSavardSecord

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTOEWSweTrust View Post
So does he get another shot next year because I doubt anyone wants that contract
Reclamation projects, especially young ones with manageable contracts, always seem to find takers. It only takes one.

Frolik has several things working for him: He's young (though his play is trending in the wrong direction), skilled, good pk/d forward, plays hard (though, perversely, this could work against him), and has a salary below his cap hit.

I could see him working out well on a lower-scoring, system-oriented team.

LarmerSavardSecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 50
Quote:
Q has barely ever given Frolik any top 6 or PP time

So to say he has been given every chance is BS

No reason with our PP so terrible not to give Frolik chances same with Bruno being dreadful in top 6

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:14 PM
LandofLincoln

Frolik is a good skater, defensively responsible and has good awareness. Missing are the following: no one-timer, terrible in the shootout, bad on the powerplay, below average backhander, bad hands & finishing skills. His shot is so bad that if he wants to make the Blackhawks next year maybe he can take Montador's spot on defense. Frolik can PK and his speed is good.

Whoever scouted (Frolik) for Florida needs to be fired. Honestly, I think Frolik could be converted into a puck moving #5-6 defenseman. His shot is such a waste that he doesn't belong in Rockfords top six. Frolik & Olesz not sure who has a better shot at being a blackhawk next season.

The only reason I pick Frolik is because lower cap hit, but they are close to the same category. Frolik needs a change of scenery, and it isn't in the NHL. KHL or Rockford

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:18 PM
w00d
In Saad We Trust

Frolik will be traded to a team that needs help reaching the cap floor. His salary the next 2 years is less than his cap hit, so he's very tradeable.

w00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Frolik is a good skater, defensively responsible and has good awareness. Missing are the following: no one-timer, terrible in the shootout, bad on the powerplay, below average backhander, bad hands & finishing skills. His shot is so bad that if he wants to make the Blackhawks next year maybe he can take Montador's spot on defense. Frolik can PK and his speed is good.

Whoever scouted (Frolik) for Florida needs to be fired. Honestly, I think Frolik could be converted into a puck moving #5-6 defenseman. His shot is such a waste that he doesn't belong in Rockfords top six. Frolik & Olesz not sure who has a better shot at being a blackhawk next season.

The only reason I pick Frolik is because lower cap hit, but they are close to the same category. Frolik needs a change of scenery, and it isn't in the NHL. KHL or Rockford
-He gets very little PP time
-He doesn't get shootout chances
-His hands are not an issue ,, He has good hands but a terrible shot

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:23 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

I wasn't looking for a bash frolik thread I just remember him playing solid against the nucks last year and thinking to myself he could turn the corner and seems to be the opposite

Old
04-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Frolik got more than enough chances in the Top9. He deserves being a healthy scratch. Hope Bowman finds a new team for him where he can play good and that fits him better

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 08:53 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

No reason with our PP so terrible not to give Frolik chances same with Bruno being dreadful in top 6

-He gets very little PP time
-He doesn't get shootout chances
-His hands are not an issue ,, He has good hands but a terrible shot
The saddest part of these responses is I know you are being serious.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

He has lost all confidence and isn't getting much TOI. That's totally fine with me, considering he didn't make the best of the chances he was given... but he did so well in Florida because he was put in a scoring role and stayed there.

Remember how well he played with Bickell/Bolland to start the year and then when he didn't score much, he went downhill from there? I think his confidence is really hurting and that's what is making him a little underwhelming.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 01:16 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

He was given a bit of top-6 time early on. But when you contribute nothing to the top-6, there's no reason to leave you there for extended periods of time so that you can figure it out.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 04:45 AM
Gudbranson44

I dont mean to intrude on your conversation, but I just wanted to pop by and give my two cents on the kid.
When he was in florida he arrived with huge expectations on him from day one. He was referred to as baby jagr (mainly tho because theyre from the same town), but also becaues he was one of the most skilled players out of the czech republic in recent years.
his first season he worked his way up in the lines from 3rd up to 2nd and sometimes 1st also. 2nd year he played very well from time to time mixed with a few slumps.
His third year tho you saw from the start that he was struggeling. Long droughts and just no confidence in his game. He tried and tried but nothing worked. Then the trade came, and I was upset with what we received in return, since most of us fans regarded him quite highly. I thought had we traded him earlier we would have received a greater return but hindsight just makes u go crazy..
I think in chicago he must feel lost behind all your stars, knowing that the chance he has to break in to the top 6 is slim.
I hope he gets traded to a team that can give him a chance in top6 and have him stay there (where he was during his first two seasons in florida and flourished). A team like NYI, WPG or CBJ would be great for him to get his game back. And if that doesnt work out, well he is still a hard worker defensively and can easily spend his career as a successfull 3rd-4th liner

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 05:05 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

getting one of our picks next year back for Frolik from WPG would be great.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 10:06 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus MacGyver View Post
I dont mean to intrude on your conversation, but I just wanted to pop by and give my two cents on the kid.
When he was in florida he arrived with huge expectations on him from day one. He was referred to as baby jagr (mainly tho because theyre from the same town), but also becaues he was one of the most skilled players out of the czech republic in recent years.
his first season he worked his way up in the lines from 3rd up to 2nd and sometimes 1st also. 2nd year he played very well from time to time mixed with a few slumps.
His third year tho you saw from the start that he was struggeling. Long droughts and just no confidence in his game. He tried and tried but nothing worked. Then the trade came, and I was upset with what we received in return, since most of us fans regarded him quite highly. I thought had we traded him earlier we would have received a greater return but hindsight just makes u go crazy..
I think in chicago he must feel lost behind all your stars, knowing that the chance he has to break in to the top 6 is slim. I hope he gets traded to a team that can give him a chance in top6 and have him stay there (where he was during his first two seasons in florida and flourished). A team like NYI, WPG or CBJ would be great for him to get his game back. And if that doesnt work out, well he is still a hard worker defensively and can easily spend his career as a successfull 3rd-4th liner
He has been given plenty of opportunities, but hasn't done anything with them. If a spot in the top 6 is what he wants, he sure hasn't helped himself at all.

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:33 AM
LandofLincoln

[QUOTE=w00d;47638995]Frolik will be traded to a team that needs help reaching the cap floor. His salary the next 2 years is less than his cap hit, so he's very tradeable.[/QUOTE

He is tradable, and his salary is not horrible. I'm not sure we could get a draft pick for him. I think trading Frolik and say our 2012 4th rounder could get us our trading partners 6th rounder.

The other scenario would be a change of scenery trade. Bowman could find a player who needs a fresh start in a different city.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:48 AM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
[QUOTE=LandofLincoln;47724155]
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00d View Post
Frolik will be traded to a team that needs help reaching the cap floor. His salary the next 2 years is less than his cap hit, so he's very tradeable.[/QUOTE

He is tradable, and his salary is not horrible. I'm not sure we could get a draft pick for him. I think trading Frolik and say our 2012 4th rounder could get us our trading partners 6th rounder.

The other scenario would be a change of scenery trade. Bowman could find a player who needs a fresh start in a different city.
So what you're saying is that Frolik has negative trade value?

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote