HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carriere's selection to be assistant coach under Cunneyworth an intel move by Molson?

Old
04-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Carriere's selection to be assistant coach under Cunneyworth an intel move by Molson?

Is it possible that Molson knew by the time Martin was fired that Gauthier was also going to be fired? If so it would make perfect sense why Carriere was chosen to be assistant coach with the Randy's. Perhaps Molson realized that this Habs team was not going anywhere and decided to tank it. Every move post-Kaberle acquisition was in a selling capacity. Now Carriere has a first hand understanding about what the feeling is in the Habs locker room, what is missing and what is wrong. It is an excellent way to provide the new GM will in depth information about what the current state of the Canadiens is.

Obviously this is pure speculation, but now that Carriere has been inside the locker room for months it can only be beneficial to our re-tooling going forward.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:47 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

I think it more to do with giving RC and RL a guy that has seeing a lot of other teams/players around the league from being ast GM and also Pro Scout for the Caps before becoming ast GM. Both RC and RL were in the AHL the past few years.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:00 AM
WestIslander

I think it was smart because Carriere got to see everything and everyone from the ground up and it's going to help Molson, Savard and the new GM retain the best players and make sure that the bad apples are gone this summer.

I think players that we might see gone sooner than later are Gomez, Bourque, Kaberle, Campoli, Diaz and maybe even Weber, I can see Montreal building a team based on character going forward, more players like Gorges and less players like Kostitsyn.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I think it was smart because Carriere got to see everything and everyone from the ground up and it's going to help Molson, Savard and the new GM retain the best players and make sure that the bad apples are gone this summer.

I think players that we might see gone sooner than later are Gomez, Bourque, Kaberle, Campoli, Diaz and maybe even Weber, I can see Montreal building a team based on character going forward, more players like Gorges and less players like Kostitsyn.
In general I believe that is what all GM's aim for. The problem is that teams need talent and often talented players end up bad apples for whatever reason. I just think he will be able to identify what is the most dire need for the Habs by having a first hand account.

Old
04-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Cookie007

So your saying Carriere was a rat for Molson? He must go as well...he's pretty much the AGM to PG as was PG to BG. The whole management must go if we are to start a new.

FIRE CARRIERE!

Cookie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:24 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie007 View Post
So your saying Carriere was a rat for Molson? He must go as well...he's pretty much the AGM to PG as was PG to BG. The whole management must go if we are to start a new.

FIRE CARRIERE!
Carrière was just named last Summer. I would not say he was (is) a close friend of Gauthier nor Gainey.

Actually, I think he's more closely related to Molson, having worked for Molson Breweries in Toronto for few years after his playing carreer.

As an advisor to a GM , I don't see anything wrong with him.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:27 PM
WakeUpNHL

Larry Carriere not going anywhere. He was hired by Molson, after he purchased the team, to be his eyes and ears as an assistant GM. His resume and experience speaks volumes... http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=534501 .

Carriere would be the prefect assistant to a new GM such as Julien Brisebois.

WakeUpNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:28 PM
WestIslander

Quote:

FIRE CARRIERE!
Yes he was because this whole organization was being run be Gainey's regime which was formerly Boivin's regime.

Carriere was hired after Molson purchased the team so he might be "Geoff's guy".

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:51 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Like a KGB

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Bullsmith

I think putting Carierre behind the bench was absolutely for mgmt to take first hand stock of things in the dressing room. It wasn't exactly subtle. The guy has a long, long NHL career, all of it in management not coaching.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Bloumeister
Live long & prosper

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Like a KGB
It's about time this is exposed!

And there's more to it than just this.

I've been told that WhiskeySeven was hired by Molson to infiltrate HFB and report all Habs-related insight weekly.

I HAVE PROOF.

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Haha that is even more suspicious; he did work for Molson Breweries.

Old
04-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Cookie007

Unbelievable..this man, this face will represent the franchise of the MONTREAL CANADIENS tomorrow in the biggest game of the season.

Cookie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:10 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:

Unbelievable..this man, this face will represent the franchise of the MONTREAL CANADIENS tomorrow in the biggest game of the season.
Is he playing?

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Quote:

What do you mean? Men with bushy eyebrows have proven to bring good luck to their team at the Draft Lottery.

Old
04-09-2012, 08:19 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:

a face only a mother could love

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
a face only a mother could love
On some nights, not even.

On the subject, it's possible. He's not only still with the team but Molson is also trusting him with the task of representing the Habs franchise tomorrow at the draft lottery. Carriere has some pull in the organization. To what extent, that I am still not sure of.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
They didn't know they were going to fire Gauthier when they fired Martin. They would of fired Gauthier along with Martin if they knew. The reason why they fired Martin was because they knew he couldn't reach the players so they brought in Cunneyworth and they thought he would do what Martin couldn't.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:12 PM
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
It's about time this is exposed!

And there's more to it than just this.

I've been told that WhiskeySeven was hired by Molson to infiltrate HFB and report all Habs-related insight weekly.

I HAVE PROOF.

I was told all those pictures had been long erased!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
They didn't know they were going to fire Gauthier when they fired Martin. They would of fired Gauthier along with Martin if they knew. The reason why they fired Martin was because they knew he couldn't reach the players so they brought in Cunneyworth and they thought he would do what Martin couldn't.
Occam's Chainsaw is quite applicable but most people like to read into things. You're totally right.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote