HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Look Ahead: 2012 NHL Entry Draft Pt. 3

View Poll Results: Would you..
Draft Grigorenko. 19 40.43%
Trade the pick. 7 14.89%
Draft a defensemen. 21 44.68%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-12-2012, 11:17 AM
  #276
Jarick
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 25,007
vCash: 500
See, sometime Squidz and I agree.

Jarick is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 11:26 AM
  #277
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
See, sometime Squidz and I agree.
Blasphemy.

I take back everything I said that Jarick agrees with.

squidz* is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 03:12 PM
  #278
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Forsberg to me is just a "meh" pick. His ceiling I'm guessing is Mikko, just like Coyle, and just like the Mikko we already have. He hasn't shown the ability to jump up to the top league and to me that means he's a longer-term prospect.

So you throw non-elite talent with redundant skill level and a longer-term development schedule, and he's just a non-starter for me at that pick. In the low 1st round, sure. In the early 2nd, sure. 7th overall? Not doing much for me.
He isnt in that league because his team isnt in the sel, it nothing because of his ability. Also he isnt anything like coyle or mikko, he is most likely going to end up a scoring winger given he is said to have a really good ahot.

When looking at stats with him, please try to understand you have no context on his stats, and dont try to throw stuff around about him not being good enough for the SEL because you are wrong, he played for his team in the league his team is in, which is in alsvenskan.

Also he is the prospect most wild fans want but they DONT want him because squdz has posted wrong info on him, he is a skilled sniper.

His stats cannot be compaired to a CHL player as he is playing vs men, and none of us have seen him.

Scouts who have seen him peg him top 5.

forthewild is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 03:21 PM
  #279
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 10,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
He isnt in that league because his team isnt in the sel, it nothing because of his ability. Also he isnt anything like coyle or mikko, he is most likely going to end up a scoring winger given he is said to have a really good ahot.

When looking at stats with him, please try to understand you have no context on his stats, and dont try to throw stuff around about him not being good enough for the SEL because you are wrong, he played for his team in the league his team is in, which is in alsvenskan.

Also he is the prospect most wild fans want but they DONT want him because squdz has posted wrong info on him, he is a skilled sniper.

His stats cannot be compaired to a CHL player as he is playing vs men, and none of us have seen him.

Scouts who have seen him peg him top 5.
Yeahhh you're giving squidz way more power/influence than he actually has.
No offense Squidz.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 03:33 PM
  #280
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
Yeahhh you're giving squidz way more power/influence than he actually has.
No offense Squidz.
I'm totally the GopherClone in charge of controlling everyone's opinions.

squidz* is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 03:56 PM
  #281
Avder
Global Moderator
Flabbergasted
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 35,612
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
I'm totally the GopherClone in charge of controlling everyone's opinions.
Except mine. Even when we agree we seem to disagree on some tiny point.

Avder is online now  
Old
04-12-2012, 04:19 PM
  #282
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 14,296
vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
He isnt in that league because his team isnt in the sel, it nothing because of his ability. Also he isnt anything like coyle or mikko, he is most likely going to end up a scoring winger given he is said to have a really good ahot.

When looking at stats with him, please try to understand you have no context on his stats, and dont try to throw stuff around about him not being good enough for the SEL because you are wrong, he played for his team in the league his team is in, which is in alsvenskan.

Also he is the prospect most wild fans want but they DONT want him because squdz has posted wrong info on him, he is a skilled sniper.

His stats cannot be compaired to a CHL player as he is playing vs men, and none of us have seen him.

Scouts who have seen him peg him top 5.
Well hopefully he goes top 5 because I have no real interest in him. Our last two 1st rd picks (excluding Phillips) have been European players and I'd rather go with a CHL, OHL, WHL, etc. player this year. They already play on North American sized ice and play in leagues against all their peers (not that playing in a league against older opponents is a bad thing). Plus, I don't want the Wild to draft another forward, I'd really like to see a Trouba or a Reilly or even a Reinhart drafted.

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 05:01 PM
  #283
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,246
vCash: 500
To me, we need a Burns and not a Bergeron.

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 05:32 PM
  #284
keppel146
We love Bacon
 
keppel146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MinneSOta
Country: United States
Posts: 1,286
vCash: 500
for all the worriers out there, i think management knows what they are doing. i did not like the nick leddy pick in 09 when we drafted him at 16th, now look where he is. (although i will be upset if we get ceci. but then again he could turn into a stud. it could be 09 all over again, but unlikely)

keppel146 is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 06:00 PM
  #285
BuddyMcCormick
Registered User
 
BuddyMcCormick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
He isnt in that league because his team isnt in the sel, it nothing because of his ability. Also he isnt anything like coyle or mikko, he is most likely going to end up a scoring winger given he is said to have a really good ahot.

When looking at stats with him, please try to understand you have no context on his stats, and dont try to throw stuff around about him not being good enough for the SEL because you are wrong, he played for his team in the league his team is in, which is in alsvenskan.

Also he is the prospect most wild fans want but they DONT want him because squdz has posted wrong info on him, he is a skilled sniper.

His stats cannot be compaired to a CHL player as he is playing vs men, and none of us have seen him.

Scouts who have seen him peg him top 5.
I don't know why you're so butt-hurt over this.

BuddyMcCormick is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 06:07 PM
  #286
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
I don't know why you're so butt-hurt over this.
So you are ok with people making stuff up and using it as truth?

In any case i am on the pick a d banfwagon unless galchenyuk is there.

forthewild is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 06:13 PM
  #287
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,653
vCash: 500
http://futureconsiderations.ca/vicke...k-draft-mania/

Has us taking teuvo, what do you guys think?

Not a big fan of his size tho i dont know much of him, but we pass on trouba

forthewild is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 06:33 PM
  #288
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
http://futureconsiderations.ca/vicke...k-draft-mania/

Has us taking teuvo, what do you guys think?

Not a big fan of his size tho i dont know much of him, but we pass on trouba
If we're taking a forward with the ones left on the board there, I'd hope we'd take Faksa. We're already way too small on the front end. Unless the height/weight figures are wrong for Teuvo, I'm not interested. He looks to have the shot and the nose for the net, but we just can't support another undersized forward. We're not as bad as Montreal in that regard, but we're starting to get close.

squidz* is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 06:44 PM
  #289
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 11,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
If we're taking a forward with the ones left on the board there, I'd hope we'd take Faksa. We're already way too small on the front end. Unless the height/weight figures are wrong for Teuvo, I'm not interested. He looks to have the shot and the nose for the net, but we just can't support another undersized forward. We're not as bad as Montreal in that regard, but we're starting to get close.
I get what you're saying, but I don't think size a good enough reason to pass over somebody...

Koivu 6'2''
Heatley 6'4''
Lats 6'2''
Seto 6'
Brodziak 6'2''

And in the system...

Coyle 6'2''
Phillips 6'1''
Bulmer 6'3''

I know we'll also add smaller guys like Granlund, Zucker and Larsson, but it doesn't seem to be a very size-deficient line up.

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 06:56 PM
  #290
BuddyMcCormick
Registered User
 
BuddyMcCormick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
So you are ok with people making stuff up and using it as truth?

In any case i am on the pick a d banfwagon unless galchenyuk is there.
He's not making up facts. He's giving his opinion. You should really learn the difference. It will do you well.

BuddyMcCormick is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 07:03 PM
  #291
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 14,296
vCash: 827
Any chance Fletch tries to make another "splash" at this year's draft?

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 07:05 PM
  #292
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Any chance Fletch tries to make another "splash" at this year's draft?
I see it as doubtful. I think they'll try to make their "splash" in Free Agency.

Whether that comes to fruition is another story...

__________________

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 07:05 PM
  #293
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 10,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Any chance Fletch tries to make another "splash" at this year's draft?
I doubt he'll pull the trigger that early, unless the UFAs he wants to target are already signed.
If he strikes out in Free Agency, then he'll make a moderate-to-big trade.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 07:17 PM
  #294
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness
 
firstroundbust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 5,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
http://futureconsiderations.ca/vicke...k-draft-mania/

Has us taking teuvo, what do you guys think?

firstroundbust is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 07:32 PM
  #295
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
I get what you're saying, but I don't think size a good enough reason to pass over somebody...

Koivu 6'2''
Heatley 6'4''
Lats 6'2''
Seto 6'
Brodziak 6'2''

And in the system...

Coyle 6'2''
Phillips 6'1''
Bulmer 6'3''

I know we'll also add smaller guys like Granlund, Zucker and Larsson, but it doesn't seem to be a very size-deficient line up.
With Heatley old, and Latendresse potentially not coming back...I should have been more specific as well, I meant top 6. Theoretically we'd possibly be looking at this in a couple years:

Granlund (5'10") - Koivu (6'2") - Teravainen (5'11")
Zucker (5'11") - Coyle (6'2") - Seto (6')

Two guys over 6 foot in the whole top 6 isn't going to cut it. Obviously there could be a number of other changes (additional draft picks, Phillips instead of Zucker, free agents, etc) but if we're looking for a sniper to pair with Granlund, I think we have to shy away from anyone under 6' because of Granlund's size.

squidz* is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 07:36 PM
  #296
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 23,643
vCash: 50
splash...we'll try for big FAs if they are still around. if not, i'm not sure we're going to go the Havlat route where (it has been confirmed) we cave in to pressure to do something, anything. I don't think another big trade is out of the question at the draft though, where we see a prospect or two and some picks trade hands.

as for the draft...one of the things i agree with Russo on is that we need to address the godawfulness of our defense. everything depends on everything else, but if we don't get a solid FA defenseman or acquire one in trade I think we have to take D in the draft. or even IF we pick up a viable defenseman, depending on the contract length and age of the player acquired. Our D is that bad.

rynryn is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 08:04 PM
  #297
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,653
vCash: 500
We really dont have a piece to make a splash with, beaides signing parise will be a tidal wave.

forthewild is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 08:06 PM
  #298
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 23,643
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
We really dont have a piece to make a splash with, beaides signing parise will be a tidal wave.
with clutterbucks popularity here along with some pretty high profile prospects, we have enough to make a splash.

rynryn is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 08:39 PM
  #299
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
with clutterbucks popularity here along with some pretty high profile prospects, we have enough to make a splash.
Clutter alone wont get that splash and mgmt is looking to keep the prospects from whay they have said.

But we may get a big trade if we sfrike out in fa tho.

forthewild is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 09:02 PM
  #300
BuddyMcCormick
Registered User
 
BuddyMcCormick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
Clutter alone wont get that splash and mgmt is looking to keep the prospects from whay they have said.

But we may get a big trade if we sfrike out in fa tho.
Nobody ever says they want to get rid of their prospects. It just happens.

BuddyMcCormick is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.