Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2012, 12:21 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
My draft board right now looks like this, I don't put Yakupov on because I guarantee he's gone by us. If you want to see Yakupov on the list put him at one and push everyone else down

1. Galchenyuk
2. Trouba
3. Teravainen
4. Murray
5. Dumba
6. Forsberg
7. Reinhart
8. Ceci
9. Reilly
10. Collberg

Don't want any part of Grigorenko at all.
I'd rather have Rielly over Dumba.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:22 PM
WILDTATE10

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisd View Post
I think Morgan Rielly if we are lucky enough to get him is every bit if not a better prospect than Jonas Brodin. Id also put trouba up there with brodin. Wild will get a fine prospect, chuck fletchers got this.
I agree with this. I'm liking Rielly more and more by the day. I think him and Brodin would be a good match for each other as well

Old
04-17-2012, 12:47 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
My draft board right now looks like this, I don't put Yakupov on because I guarantee he's gone by us. If you want to see Yakupov on the list put him at one and push everyone else down

1. Galchenyuk
2. Trouba
3. Teravainen
4. Murray
5. Dumba
6. Forsberg
7. Reinhart
8. Ceci
9. Reilly
10. Collberg

Don't want any part of Grigorenko at all.
Goes to show how dramatically different my list is:

1. Yakupov
2. Galchenyuk
3. Grigorenko
4. Dumba
5. Rielly
6. Murray
7. Trouba
8. Forsberg
9. Reinhart
10. Ceci
11. Faksa

I'm thinking about swapping Faksa and Ceci though.

Old
04-17-2012, 12:52 PM
tyratoku

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post

1. Yakupov
2. Galchenyuk
3. Grigorenko
4. Dumba
5. Rielly
6. Murray
7. Trouba
8. Forsberg
9. Reinhart
10. Ceci
11. Faksa

To be honest, I forgot about Faksa. I would probably put him in mine over Collberg. Forsberg and Reinhart are the same on ours, and Murray is only 1-2 higher on mine. I just don't think very highly of Reilly, that's all. No particular reason, I just think others could be better

Old
04-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Quote:

1. Yakupov
2. Galchenyuk
3. Grigorenko
4. Dumba
5. Rielly
6. Murray
7. Trouba
8. Forsberg
9. Reinhart
10. Ceci
11. Faksa

Pretty close to what I think the order will be, but I would maybe switch Forsberg and Reinhardt around. I don't know why either, just a feeling.

Old
04-17-2012, 04:43 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Based on what I've read and some I've spoke with, I'd have the top 10 like this...

1. Yakupov
2. Galchenyuk
3. Forsberg
4. Rielly
5. Murray
6. Dumba
7. Teravainen
8. Grigorenko
9. Trouba
10. Faksa

Obviously, that's not likely how I would have them drafted as teams will do certain things differently based on how they're set up, but that's how I'd rank the 10 skaters.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
04-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

Just curious, how high does everyone see the first goalie going?

Old
04-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

I think Columbus or Edmonton wouldn't hesitate to use their 2nd on Malcolm Subban. Always hard to picture a team grabbing one in the 1st.

Old
04-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Subban went in the first round. He keeps climbing up the rankings. Would be absolutely hilarious if Montreal traded down to get him. With Price though it's not realistic at all.

Old
04-17-2012, 06:44 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinko View Post
Personally I think this draft is a crap shoot, .
EVERY draft is a crap shoot. The nature of the process is an inexact science.

Old
04-17-2012, 06:49 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
I think Columbus or Edmonton wouldn't hesitate to use their 2nd on Malcolm Subban. Always hard to picture a team grabbing one in the 1st.

unless they got 2 picks in the 1st. Reality is you can find NHL-capable goaltending readily available everywhere, so it makes little sense to use a high pick on a goalie.

Old
04-18-2012, 11:19 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstroundbust View Post
unless they got 2 picks in the 1st. Reality is you can find NHL-capable goaltending readily available everywhere, so it makes little sense to use a high pick on a goalie.
Stevie Yzerman says; Wut?

Old
04-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Edmonton and Columbus need goaltending now. Subban probably won't be ready for 3-5 years. I don't think even those GM's are that incompetent.

Old
04-18-2012, 11:50 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Edmonton and Columbus need goaltending now. Subban probably won't be ready for 3-5 years. I don't think even those GM's are that incompetent.
GM Scott Howson will see that bet and raise you...

He takes Subban in the first round.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:28 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Too bad Milbury is without a job.

Edmonton has Dubynk who didn't look too bad this year. They might continue to roll with him.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:34 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

I'm not terribly well up on the goaltending pipeline for most teams. What I can say is that Washington and Toronto should be set in that regard. Colorado (who doesn't have a first anyway) won't be selecting a goalie high. From the sounds of it, St. Louis should be set insofar as goalies are concerned. Vancouver seems happy with Lack's development. LA has someone behind Bernier (not that Quick's going anywhere soon).

Edmonton needs someone in net now, but Columbus is far enough from successful, and so lacking in assets that it might make sense to draft a high goalie. Tampa also needs someone now, but they are likely best off signing a veteran for 2-3 years and rushing a goalie through the pipeline. I don't know if they have anything promising coming up though. Chicago needs to do something with their goaltending of the future. Detroit is pretty desperate as well (again, no first rounder).

I could see Tampa going with Subban or Vasilievski (I spelled that horribly wrong) with Detroit's 1st rounder, except that pick is so early in the round. More likely, they'll either try move two of their seconds for a late first, or grab whichever goalie falls to them with one of them. Chicago might also be drafting too high to feel comfortable grabbing one of this draft class's goalies. If they come back to beat Phoenix though, I can see them going that direction with their first.

Next year, however, there's rumblings of Halifax's goalie being a top 10 pick (I forget his name though).

Old
04-18-2012, 12:45 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

It all depends on which goaltender goes where. With rumors of Schneider and Bernier on the block, who knows. Not to mention Harding is out there.

Old
04-18-2012, 04:23 PM
forthewild

Quote:
I'm not terribly well up on the goaltending pipeline for most teams. What I can say is that Washington and Toronto should be set in that regard. Colorado (who doesn't have a first anyway) won't be selecting a goalie high. From the sounds of it, St. Louis should be set insofar as goalies are concerned. Vancouver seems happy with Lack's development. LA has someone behind Bernier (not that Quick's going anywhere soon).

Edmonton needs someone in net now, but Columbus is far enough from successful, and so lacking in assets that it might make sense to draft a high goalie. Tampa also needs someone now, but they are likely best off signing a veteran for 2-3 years and rushing a goalie through the pipeline. I don't know if they have anything promising coming up though. Chicago needs to do something with their goaltending of the future. Detroit is pretty desperate as well (again, no first rounder).

I could see Tampa going with Subban or Vasilievski (I spelled that horribly wrong) with Detroit's 1st rounder, except that pick is so early in the round. More likely, they'll either try move two of their seconds for a late first, or grab whichever goalie falls to them with one of them. Chicago might also be drafting too high to feel comfortable grabbing one of this draft class's goalies. If they come back to beat Phoenix though, I can see them going that direction with their first.

Next year, however, there's rumblings of Halifax's goalie being a top 10 pick (I forget his name though).
How is toronto set in goal? They need goaltending bad.

Det is fine, howard is a solid goalie, they will need to add some youth but they have a solid starter for now.

Any team going for a goalie imho will ne late first.

Jack campbell who went high in the first isnt as good of prospect as say hackett who went in 3rd.

I can see tampa tho take vasilevski with det pick as long as its a 20+ pick.

Old
04-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

I really think Murray should be the #1 defenseman in this draft.

Old
04-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Spawnisen
Believe.

If Teräväinen goes down to 2nd round I could think about drafting him but he has had one good playoff run and all of a sudden he's in the top.. what.. 7?
He wasn't at all as good in the regular season. i wouldn't want to risk out high 1st rounder on him. Go for a solid north american defenseman.

Old
04-18-2012, 06:40 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
if anyone takes a goalie like subban, it would most likely be the Tampa Bay Lightning. they need a goalie, if they pass, then Ottawa

Old
04-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
if anyone takes a goalie like subban, it would most likely be the Tampa Bay Lightning. they need a goalie, if they pass, then Ottawa
Ottawa has Lehner and traded for Bishop.

Old
04-18-2012, 08:04 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
How is toronto set in goal? They need goaltending bad.
Reimer-Gustavsson-Scrivens-Rynnas

Rynnas has had to be in the ECHL because of their depth. Maybe they don't have a current high-end NHL goalie, but they have a lot in the pipe.

Quote:
Det is fine, howard is a solid goalie, they will need to add some youth but they have a solid starter for now.
Howard is one of the 5 worst starting goalies in the league. After Howard they have...Ty Conklin! Yeah, that worked out well this year. Beyond that they have some 32 year old career AHLer. Their best prospect is a current CHL player who's only 6 foot, but has put up decent stats. Their second best prospect has struggled to get by in the ECHL. Their third best prospect is 26 and also can barely cut it at the ECHL level. They have absolutely nothing in the system, and are barely serviceable at the NHL level.

Old
04-18-2012, 08:56 PM
forthewild

Quote:
Reimer-Gustavsson-Scrivens-Rynnas

Rynnas has had to be in the ECHL because of their depth. Maybe they don't have a current high-end NHL goalie, but they have a lot in the pipe.

Howard is one of the 5 worst starting goalies in the league. After Howard they have...Ty Conklin! Yeah, that worked out well this year. Beyond that they have some 32 year old career AHLer. Their best prospect is a current CHL player who's only 6 foot, but has put up decent stats. Their second best prospect has struggled to get by in the ECHL. Their third best prospect is 26 and also can barely cut it at the ECHL level. They have absolutely nothing in the system, and are barely serviceable at the NHL level.
yeah i'm sure their goal tending which is rock solid wasn't a reason they missed the playoffs...

also howard posted 35 wins this year, he had a .920 save % and 2.12 GAA, he is a very solid goalie, not elite but not a glaring hole, their lack of depth is.

Toronto fans all want a goalie and a number one center, because both of those are readily available for Kadri and a 7th. but in all honesty Toronto's goalie situation is horrid. Burke failed to get a goalie that he needed and fans were pissed this past trade deadline.

Old
04-18-2012, 09:26 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
yeah i'm sure their goal tending which is rock solid wasn't a reason they missed the playoffs...

also howard posted 35 wins this year, he had a .920 save % and 2.12 GAA, he is a very solid goalie, not elite but not a glaring hole, their lack of depth is.

Toronto fans all want a goalie and a number one center, because both of those are readily available for Kadri and a 7th. but in all honesty Toronto's goalie situation is horrid. Burke failed to get a goalie that he needed and fans were pissed this past trade deadline.
Yeah, that 20 year old in the ECHL was terrible because the two goalies on one way contracts weren't able to stand up in Toronto's run and gun offense.

Rynnas and Scrivens are both ranked in the top 30 prospects in the Goalie Guild rankings. You don't ever even think about drafting a goaltending prospect based upon your NHL performance. The earliest you should see any goalie selected outside of the top 5 is 3-5 years down the road.

Toronto needs NHL help in net, but if Burke thinks he can solve that through the draft, he needs to prepare for retirement, because not even Columbus would hire a GM that bad. Toronto needs a stop gap until Rynnas, Scrivens, or Owuya is ready. Owuya (Toronto's #5 goalie) would be the #2 goalie in Detroit.

Howard's NHL performance this year is exactly on par with MacDonald's. For reference, MacDonald's only year with a decent number of NHL starts: 49 GP 3.37 GAA 0.901 SV%. His AHL stats last year: 20 GP 2.78 GAA 0.894 SV%. That's the guy that Howard's barely beating out in net. Once you factor in his inability to control his emotions...

Closed Thread