Draft a defensemen. 21 44.68%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 02:27 AM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

vCash: 500
What makes me happy is knowing we'll get one of Murray, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, Forsberg, Dumba or Rielly. Unless someone else like Trouba is higher on our staffs list.

Old
06-01-2012, 02:28 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns4Norris View Post
What makes me happy is knowing we'll get one of Murray, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, Forsberg, Dumba or Rielly. Unless someone else like Trouba is higher on our staffs list.
Trooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouba>Riell y

Old
06-01-2012, 07:23 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Trooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouba>Riell y
oh i hope not, could you immagine trying to fit Trooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouba on a jersey?

i am quite looking for this draft tho, it should be quite fun to see what happens, and as long as we don't pick teuovo (sp) i will be somewhat happy

Old
06-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
oh i hope not, could you immagine trying to fit Trooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouba on a jersey?

i am quite looking for this draft tho, it should be quite fun to see what happens, and as long as we don't pick teuovo (sp) i will be somewhat happy
This summer could become the most interesting one in the franchise's brief history with all of the new talent coming in, and hopefully some big FA signings.

At any rate it will at least give everyone things to talk about during the off season.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:09 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
I
This reminds me a guy from a few years go ...... "El Nino" ring a bell?
O.o

Nino was talked about a LOT before his draft year.

Isles just mishandled his development like Minnesota mishandled Sheppard, Gillies, Thelen...

You mean Alexander Picard?

Old
06-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
O.o

Isles just mishandled his development like Minnesota mishandled Sheppard, Gillies, Thelen...

You mean Alexander Picard?
We didn't mishandle Thelen. He was just a bad pick and bombed out before the NHL.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 50
Yeah, Niederreiter was, and still is extremely talented.

The Isles destroyed his confidence and development by playing him on the 3rd and 4th lines.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:15 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
We didn't mishandle Thelen. He was just a bad pick and bombed out before the NHL.
I think there was a chance he could have been redeemed. When he left Michigan, we should have sent him to the AHL instead of wherever the hell he went and took a hand's on approach to his development.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:17 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
It wasn't like he was a "reach"....we picked him at #12, which is where he was in most rankings.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
It wasn't like he was a "reach"....we picked him at #12, which is where he was in most rankings.
Right, but his failure wasn't on us. He regressed horribly after being drafted, while still in college, and could never recover.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:25 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Right, but his failure wasn't on us. He regressed horribly after being drafted, while still in college, and could never recover.
Agreed....wasn't he "dismissed" from Michigan State? I think that was the moment many of us really started to wonder about him.....

Old
06-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
This summer could become the most interesting one in the franchise's brief history with all of the new talent coming in, and hopefully some big FA signings.

At any rate it will at least give everyone things to talk about during the off season.
Thanks for reminding me. I'll be gone from all electronics from June 12th to July 10th. Missing all relevant hockey events during the summer.

Quote:
O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Yeah, Niederreiter was, and still is extremely talented.

The Isles destroyed his confidence and development by playing him on the 3rd and 4th lines.
I think the Coach said this year he was upset that Niedo had to be on the NHL roster. The GM was keeping him there, and it wasn't letting him develop properly, obviously.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:07 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

getting around to reading my twitter...
i don't think people hold disdain for Teravainen and for all we know Fletcher would love to snatch him up. Its just that I look at Edmonton and think Leipold isn't going to have the patience to sit through a couple years with Granlund, Coyle, Larsson et all playing with the big club while we continue to lose because our defense sucks. Impact D come up in FA how often? Once every 2 years or so? Look what the sharks gave us for Burns. We have to nail a D pick with our first this year unless we snag a couple okay NHL D or one really good one.

and yeah he's only 17 (right?) but knocks against him are he is not the kind of player who goes into the corner and digs for pucks. That doesn't sound very Yeo like when you talk about Flahr picking up players who will fit a coach. Not saying he wouldn't be great, but it doesn't add up.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'm coming around on him because initial I saw where he was from and his size and assumed he was a Granlund clone. But everything I read about him, aside from his size, is very good. High end skater and shooter, smart, has good hands. Seems like a Flahr kind of player.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:56 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

he IS a perimeter player though. Which is fine, I suppose, considering most of the guys we've picked up recently aren't afraid to muck it up in the middle or behind the net. I'm kind of worried about him turning into Semin. His defensive play has been questioned, as well. Again, he's young, so he could easily be coached out of bad habits.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:59 PM
UMD05
Hobey Baker Champs

Quote:
I think there was a chance he could have been redeemed. When he left Michigan, we should have sent him to the AHL instead of wherever the hell he went and took a hand's on approach to his development.
Michigan State. Don't disgrace the Wolverines like that.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:50 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Putting it out there now...

I'd like to see the team draft Mark Jankowski. Not sure how they'd be able to do it because I think he ultimately goes in the first round and unless the Wild feel really confident about him, I highly doubt they'd go that far off the conceived "board." He's a Canadian kid that played at a high school boarding school last season because he plans to go to Princeton. 57 games played, 53 goals, and 40 assists last season. He's 6'2" 175lbs so the frame is there, just hasn't built up strength yet. Here's a Luedeke excerpt:

Quote:
The book on Jankowski is that he’s a point-producing machine for little Stanstead College, a Quebec boarding school, thanks to his high-end hockey sense and rapidly developing skill set. A rangy skater with a long, smooth stride and sublime on-ice vision, Jankowski turned heads in March at the Spring Beantown Classic showcase in Marlboro, Mass.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
06-01-2012, 09:01 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Putting it out there now...

I'd like to see the team draft Mark Jankowski. Not sure how they'd be able to do it because I think he ultimately goes in the first round and unless the Wild feel really confident about him, I highly doubt they'd go that far off the conceived "board." He's a Canadian kid that played at a high school boarding school last season because he plans to go to Princeton. 57 games played, 53 goals, and 40 assists last season. He's 6'2" 175lbs so the frame is there, just hasn't built up strength yet. Here's a Luedeke excerpt:
a little like Lucia?

Old
06-01-2012, 09:02 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
a little like Lucia?
That's my feeling. Though, I think he'll likely go a full round sooner. Mid 1st-early second.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Al Lagoon

Maybe he'll still be around for the Wild's 2nd. Sounds kind of like Coyle as well - good size, level of competition unknown.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

No way he's still around mid 2nd. He's a fringe first if not a late first. Him, Thrower, and Samuelsson are the big names in the back.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:57 AM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Edit: wrong thread, and I'm a moron.

Last edited by Vashanesh: 06-02-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old
06-02-2012, 04:38 AM
grN1g

i like everything thats been said about that prospect, id be all for a trade up in the 2nd round for him, unless their is a player we are sold on in the mid 2nd round.

he just sounds like a player worth trading up for, especially being a foward in this heavy defenceman draft.

Old
06-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

vCash: 850
Joonas Donskoi is re-entering a draft, any interest into drafting him and what round?
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=16039
He had underwhelming start of the season but picked it up, and went 3+3 in 6 playoff games. Two way center, normal size. He'd prolly play 1 more season in Kärpät and then make the transition, he would hit NHL in 1-2 years, maybe 1 year in AHL.

Old
06-02-2012, 08:50 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Button has Jankowski at #15 currently. So doubtful he'd last until the 2nd round.

I liked the Donskoi kid at the WJC (the only time I've seen him). No idea what round you'd have to take him, though.

Closed Thread