HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Place to watch the Kings in NY

Old
04-10-2012, 09:47 AM
KingFanNYC
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Place to watch the Kings in NY

Hey everyone, new here. Kings fan out in NYC. I've been looking for a bar that would be a "Kings" bar but haven't been able to unearth anything. I'll probably have to just go to a hockey friendly one and ask them to turn on the games but I'm more so looking for next season.

Anyone know of anywhere in the city that is Kings friendly? It's a shame that every big college football and basketball program and eveyr nfl team has their own bars with their flags flying and it is damn near impossible to find places to watch out of town hockey games without ranger/devils/I'll be nice and put Islanders fans yelling Kings suck.

KingFanNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 09:58 AM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFanNYC View Post
Hey everyone, new here. Kings fan out in NYC. I've been looking for a bar that would be a "Kings" bar but haven't been able to unearth anything. I'll probably have to just go to a hockey friendly one and ask them to turn on the games but I'm more so looking for next season.

Anyone know of anywhere in the city that is Kings friendly? It's a shame that every big college football and basketball program and eveyr nfl team has their own bars with their flags flying and it is damn near impossible to find places to watch out of town hockey games without ranger/devils/I'll be nice and put Islanders fans yelling Kings suck.
I live in NYC and have resorted to buying Center Ice since the games start at 1030pm- I want the comfort of my couch on weeknights since games don't end til 130am and I need to wake up at 630am for work.

Most sports bars are pretty nice about putting on a game for you. Since the Kings usually have late games, there's not a whole lot of competition for TVs at 1030pm, even on a Fri or Sat night. Places like the Pour House, Side Bar, Mason Jar, and Slainte are pretty good about letting you commandeer a TV, even if you're the only one who cares about the game. I don't know of any Kings bars where Kings fans gather, but happy to get together as long as someone else organizes.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote