HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Sign Chris Kreider to ELC (First year of ELC active)

Old
04-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

vCash: 500
From those quotes, Kreider sounds like he is loving life as a Ranger, I just wish he was on the ice producing.

Is it me or is Kreider a lesser american version of OV8?

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:13 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Nope,CK has nothing to do with it. Would rather have Avery playing over JM ..AINEC...Give me Scott over JM too,but thats just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
You're making him out to be EC with less skill. Mitchell is serviceable on the fourth line, people just want to put Kreider in over him because he's the shiny new toy. I want him playing too, don't get me wrong, but these are not ideal conditions to get a rookie going. He's here for injury depth or if someone has a terrible, bench worthy game.

This is why I was so pissed BC didn't get eliminated earlier. Had Kreider had just a few regular season games in him the Rangers could gave worked things out before the playoffs.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I'm still in favor of Kreider over Mitchel. A legit, fast power-forward. Something this team desperately lacks.

Imagine this kid taking cues from Cally, Boyle, and Hags. If he's got the energy and buys the system, he could become invaluable.
4th line c?

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Levitate

Pretty sure Rupp played center at times in the past

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Leetch66

After a couple of more games CK will probably be in the game because I suspect that Neil will hit the ice tomorrow night with a vengeance and he will find his pound of Ranger flesh somewhere . I don't want to see anybody hurt...but I have a feeling that Boyle pounding on the kid was not appreciated and Neil will be looking to return the favor . He is a dirty player and he hits hard...a combo of him and Carkner will take a toll on our guys...let's finish the series fast fellas...and rest up for rd 2 !!! Sweep........

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:52 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Yep, definitely Kreider over Mitchell.

Mitchell's played with the team all season and still does the same stupid ****. Let somebody who might help us in.
The thing is, I don't see Torts being eager to utilize CK on the 4th line with Rupp & Prust. So to me, if he's going to get into a game, it's going to be in a 3rd line role, which means Torts needs to break up the Dubi - Boyle - Feds line, and for the time being, I think he likes what he's getting from that line, so I see that working against CK getting into the line-up, no matter how much Mitchell deserves to sit.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
The thing is, I don't see Torts being eager to utilize CK on the 4th line with Rupp & Prust. So to me, if he's going to get into a game, it's going to be in a 3rd line role, which means Torts needs to break up the Dubi - Boyle - Feds line, and for the time being, I think he likes what he's getting from that line, so I see that working against CK getting into the line-up, no matter how much Mitchell deserves to sit.
Mostly this. If Kreider gets inserted without there being an injury, it will be with Feds and Boyle. Dubinsky would slot back to the 4th line center duty and Mitchell would most likely sit. But Torts isn't adjusting the lineup as long as we are winning.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 06:07 PM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
"In the morning, when Kreider arrived at his locker to be interviewed, he asked that the session be moved to an adjacent room away from the team's private area, as if he did not want to give his teammates the wrong impression by holding court the morning of a playoff game despite not having played a game in the NHL."
Wow this kid is quickly rising to the top as one of my favorite rangers despite not having played a single game!

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 06:27 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
your post is kind of insulting. Mitchell is ragged on because his play is disintegrating with every game. He started as a solid 3-4 liner and now he's playing hockey that would most likely be scrutinized in the AHL. For the most part he's just a ghost at best. When you do notice him it's because of a play that leaves you shaking your head. Not for this team.
It was intended to be insulting.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
annnddd that's hfboards for u.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory View Post
Well yeah, but it's like one of us being signed tomorrow by the Bruins, and then having to face the Rangers and stop them from winning the Cup. I'd do it, but it would be tough.
The moment you slip on any sweater and begin to pursue your lifelong dream of hoisting the Stanley Cup, your "fan" of hockey dies and you become a player. With a goal, and teammates and coaches with the same goal. It happens all the time, and no one ever said "Winning the Cup is great but if it was with X team instead of Y it would be better."

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
Wow this kid is quickly rising to the top as one of my favorite rangers despite not having played a single game!
Wow. I <3 Kreider

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:42 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

The only way Kreider plays is if someone gets hurt.

Avery and MZA were decent 4th line/plug in options to have at the beginning of the season, but before Kreider signed, there was nothing available.

I mean, Scott??

MZA bumped Feds to the bench after he was called up. Feds was a scratch for two games until AA was hurt, and then they both played. Chances are Feds would have bumped a healthy MZA once the playoffs started.

A healthy Feds, MZA and a signed Kreider would have still kept Kreider in the stands.

Now there's nobody left, but the team is playing well. Kreider is the 1st option if somebody gets hurt.

IMO He wont bump someone healthy unless the Rangers lose two in a row or are facing elimination.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
The moment you slip on any sweater and begin to pursue your lifelong dream of hoisting the Stanley Cup, your "fan" of hockey dies and you become a player. With a goal, and teammates and coaches with the same goal. It happens all the time, and no one ever said "Winning the Cup is great but if it was with X team instead of Y it would be better."

I don't disagree with your overall point, and players definitely want to win wherever they are, but there is a variation that is constantly being said by players who win while on teams that grew up being fans of. "It's definitely more special to win on Team X that I grew up rooting for."

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:23 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
LOL at least you're honest.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Krams
Carpe dizzem

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
The only way Kreider plays is if someone gets hurt.

Avery and MZA were decent 4th line/plug in options to have at the beginning of the season, but before Kreider signed, there was nothing available.

I mean, Scott??

MZA bumped Feds to the bench after he was called up. Feds was a scratch for two games until AA was hurt, and then they both played. Chances are Feds would have bumped a healthy MZA once the playoffs started.

A healthy Feds, MZA and a signed Kreider would have still kept Kreider in the stands.

Now there's nobody left, but the team is playing well. Kreider is the 1st option if somebody gets hurt.

IMO He wont bump someone healthy unless the Rangers lose two in a row or are facing elimination.
I don't think so. I think Tortorella will give serious consideration to playing Kreider in Game 3 over Malkin if we lose Game 2. I see no downside.

Krams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
I don't think so. I think Tortorella will give serious consideration to playing Kreider in Game 3 over Malkin if we lose Game 2. I see no downside.
Agreed. I can see him playing CK during an elimination game assuming its 4 or 5. No harm in trying.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 12:42 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

What were those sites to buy jerseys from? I don't want to sift through all the pages. I think I'm just going to buy from nhl.com. Are there places on Long Island you can walk into and buy + have it customized that day?

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 12:54 AM
XLJ

He's been skating with Dubinsky's line during practice. So yeah if he does get in he might play on the 3rd line.

I guess it depends on how Fedotenko plays. Feds could possibly get bumped to the 4th line and Kreider plays with Dubi and Boyle. The 3rd line was great last night so their is no reason to break them up right now.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:38 AM
bernmeister

Excuse me, not looking to incite a riot, just trying to get up to date (real world, can't live with it, can't live without it)

Correct me if I'm wrong:
1. Kreider is signed.
2. If he officially practices with the team, he counts vs ELC whether he plays or not.

Here is what I wanna know:
3 Kreider has
has not
been skating w/team in way to = official = burn 1st ELC?
Wasn't sure this was correctly reported or happened.

Please advise w/update.
If so, suggest mods please modify title of thread.
If true, follow up should be

kreider here, signed, already burned 1st year.
When/what conditions should he first play?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:58 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Excuse me, not looking to incite a riot, just trying to get up to date (real world, can't live with it, can't live without it)

Correct me if I'm wrong:
1. Kreider is signed.
2. If he officially practices with the team, he counts vs ELC whether he plays or not.

Here is what I wanna know:
3 Kreider has
has not
been skating w/team in way to = official = burn 1st ELC?
Wasn't sure this was correctly reported or happened.

Please advise w/update.
If so, suggest mods please modify title of thread.
If true, follow up should be

Read the thread title.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:50 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Read the thread title.
Did the Rangers sign this ELC guy too???

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
The moment Kreider was -added to the NHL roster- his ELC kicked in, he earned NHL pay, and his first year was burned. He doesn't have to play a single game. He is now in the NHL, no matter what he does or does not do on the ice.

As far as I know he never actually had to physically practice to burn the ELC. If he was activated, added to the roster, even if it were just a paper transaction and not a real one, he would be earning pay based on the terms of his contract and as soon as the contract was active, the first year was lost. Unless, of course, the team waited until next year to add him to the roster.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:32 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Bern just wants to know if we really burned a year of his ELC so that he can include him in a trade proposal asap.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:43 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Bern just wants to know if we really burned a year of his ELC so that he can include him in a trade proposal asap.
Lol that's the one player Bern won't trade - believes he's the next Dave Keon.

I can imagine Bern saying though:

I don't propose trading Kreider often, but when I do, its for Taylor Hall.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote