HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This Sorry Season

Old
04-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Schennanigans

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Vibe Funk View Post
The 1 page apology was printed in the toronto sun. Where have u been? thats what he means by wasting trees
I wouldn't know, I don't read that trash.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:19 PM
diceman934

I'm beginning to get it.......after 3 years I finally get it. Anyone who writes about the Leafs in a negative light is a hack. Let's leave intelligence out of the equation as that does not support the opinion that the Leafs can do no wrong. Ownership was correct that they owed fans an apology only this should have come from Burke....he failed in making the critical error of not getting a goalie at the start of the year.

If Reimer is our number one next year we are in serious trouble. Burke thinks he is the future,if this doesn't cause you to wonder about his ability moving forward nothing will.

diceman934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:22 PM
diceman934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
Do you always make comments about something you have never read?

Old
04-10-2012, 06:28 PM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Do you always make comments about something you have never read?
why would he be called a hack?because he tells the truth .....im sure people are just laughing at the leafs mess ...tannembaum spoke on behalf of rogers /bell ......in that meaning the new board will not accept the excuses .......he says he wanted a bigger team ,,,,sign 5-10 liles for 4 years ...cox is right ,the leafs a joke we all gotta just suck it up

hullsy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:36 PM
diceman934

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullsy47 View Post
why would he be called a hack?because he tells the truth .....im sure people are just laughing at the leafs mess ...tannembaum spoke on behalf of rogers /bell ......in that meaning the new board will not accept the excuses .......he says he wanted a bigger team ,,,,sign 5-10 liles for 4 years ...cox is right ,the leafs a joke we all gotta just suck it up
This +1

Old
04-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Damian Cox's career in a nutshell.
lmfao perfectly said moose lol

04-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Perhaps the way he tried to write it was wrong, but his point is very valid. This apology is just another excuse. We're sorry, but we're not going to do anything about it. I don't get why people are getting so defensive or going so far to bother wasting time calling Cox an "insert whatever word here" when he's not even that wrong in his recent articles.

The point stands; MLSE doesn't give a flying **** what the fans feel because they'll always buy tickets. You can charge $40 beers and they'll buy it. Why should they feel bad at all when the profit's never been any better? That's the issue. You want to show that you know the organization's a joke? Do something about it and actually stop being stingy a-holes and give the fans some discounts.

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Tie Domi Esquire
;;

Wasting bandwidth and trees.

Tie Domi Esquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 08:38 PM
YearsintheWilderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanty View Post
Here here.

That was a pretty brutal article.
Should be "hear, hear."

Right, let's hear you articulate exactly why it was a brutal article.

I think it's absolutely hilarious how Cox makes so many fans apoplectic.

Someone starts a thread on a Cox article, and the one liner "crap article" etc. posts flow. Tens of thousands of views later, the thread is still going.

Just saying "it's crap" is like a 12 year-olds opinion on a movie he saw. It is meaningless.

Speaking of 12 year-olds, I thought Cox's analogy of a 13 year-old apologizing in hopes of not having to explain was spot on.

YearsintheWilderness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 08:38 PM
number72

I dislike Cox and didn't even bother reading the article. And at this point Burke has little credibility and good will to leafs fans so many find it hard to continue giving him any benefit of the doubt. This is time for Burke to put up the results and prove. He should knock off the "tough" guy barnyard undone tie act and roll up his sleeves and ice a competent team. I'm tired of his big boy bullying talk with LACKing results.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Sergei Berezin

I don't get why some people have this mentality that the ownership 'owes' us anything. We're fans; no one forced us to be Maple Leaf fans, and no one forced us to attend the games at the ACC, or watch them on t.v. If you don't like it, then go watch another team.

Honestly, I'm getting sick of how some journalists in Toronto are making the Toronto Maple Leafs to be a bigger issue than they should be. They're a sports team, for christs sake. I suggest we send Cox to Zimbabwe, and see how he feels about the Leafs when he comes. Yeeeesh.

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:12 PM
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!

Thread title should read: This sorry reporter.

Cox is just as bad as Simmons.

TheKingSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:17 PM
JBSpeed

Quote:
There's no chance Burke or Randy Carlyle are going to give a truthful assessment of the leadership abilities of Dion Phaneuf, or tell you why Phil Kessel can be such an effective attacker but so mediocre or weak in other elements of the game, or tell you which players didn't get along or which weren't in good enough physical condition to compete.
No ****.

Dear Twenty-Nine Other NHL Franchises,

Listed below, for your convenience, is a detailed listing of all of our current and future weaknesses, as determined by the the General Manager and Head Coach of one "Toronto Maple Leafs".

We expect that although this information will be of great assistance to other teams around the league, please do not, I repeat, do not use this damaging information to gain any advantage against our team, as this information is only being provided as an explanation of our failed season to our dedicated and impassioned fans, as requested by the Toronto news media.

So as promised, please view the attached document of who gets along with who, who's father can beat up another players father, as well as a detailed debrief on all of our players mental and physical deficiencies.

We hope that this information will in no way alter the way other teams compete against us, or that it will negatively affect our ability to bargain from a position of strength during trade negotiations.

Signed,

Maple Leaf Sports Entertainment.

JBSpeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:21 PM
LetzgoEggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
lol, Cox drowning in his misery. The Leafs owe him of all people absolutely nothing, if he can't handle a rebuilding team losing he needs to tune out or jump ship completely. Preferably the latter.
Rare occasion in which I agree with you.

LetzgoEggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:25 PM
pucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
I'm beginning to get it.......after 3 years I finally get it. Anyone who writes about the Leafs in a negative light is a hack. ***Let's leave intelligence out of the equation*** as that does not support the opinion that the Leafs can do no wrong. Ownership was correct that they owed fans an apology only this should have come from Burke....he failed in making the critical error of not getting a goalie at the start of the year.

If Reimer is our number one next year we are in serious trouble. Burke thinks he is the future,if this doesn't cause you to wonder about his ability moving forward nothing will.
It's not just the goalie, though. He's had a number of horrible judgments and decisions and the team is no better than before. The points totals are practically the same. The Cap is very restrictive and he has mediocre players on lucrative contracts.

But, you'll just hear excuses and defending Burke is a religion for most fans here.

MOD

Last edited by Fugu: 04-10-2012 at 10:28 PM. Reason: generalized flame
pucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:54 PM
tmlfanfury
Rookie User

How many Leafs fans are embarrassed by this season?

This clubs collapse was not only embarrassing time to be a member of the Leafs but even more so being a fan, some of the worst moments since the lousy clubs of the 80's but even they did not miss the playoffs this much.... I'm sure a tonne of Leafs fans are getting a good rub over by their friends who are fans of other NHL clubs

tmlfanfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:55 PM
dubey
Phagoof am i rite??/

Do you cry when that happens?

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

where's the article?

Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Eb
TML

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlfanfury View Post
This clubs collapse was not only embarrassing time to be a member of the Leafs but even more so being a fan, some of the worst moments since the lousy clubs of the 80's but even they did not miss the playoffs this much.... I'm sure a tonne of Leafs fans are getting a good rub over by their friends who are fans of other NHL clubs
1000 kilograms of Leaf fans were upset this year?

Source? Or untrue

Eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Gobias Industries
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
It was also in the Post today...is that more palatable?..

Gobias Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Gobias Industries
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
where's the article?
delete

Old
04-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Gobias Industries
HFBoards Sponsor

One of the few Cox articles I agree with.

What was the point of the letter? Maybe after one year of missing the playoffs you can throw that out there, but at this stage in the game it's just pandering and empty. Taking ownership for this issue would include some type of clear shake-up or ticket price reduction, neither are happening, so who cares what Tanenbaum thinks?

Old
04-10-2012, 11:18 PM
keonsbitterness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobias Industries View Post
What was the point of the letter?
I think it's confirmation that major changes will happen a year from now if things don't improve, meaning that Burke has to make the playoffs in 12-13 to keep his job. And unlike the last time he was asked if his job was in jeopardy, Burke didn't go ballistic when he was asked the same question at today's press conference, so I believe the law was laid down to him by the Board/Tannenbaum.

keonsbitterness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Gobias Industries
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonsbitterness View Post
I think it's confirmation that major changes will happen a year from now if things don't improve, meaning that Burke has to make the playoffs in 12-13 to keep his job. And unlike the last time he was asked if his job was in jeopardy, Burke didn't go ballistic when he was asked the same question at today's press conference, so I believe the law was laid down to him by the Board/Tannenbaum.
True enough, I still get confused that it's taken this long to lay down the law for the franchise. But I agree, I think the point might be to put Burke on the hot seat.

Old
04-10-2012, 11:32 PM
borjesalming

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeywiz542 View Post
Damien Cox did not understand the real message.

It says loud and clear that turning it around is now Tannenbaum's responsibility. Until now it was Richard Peddie, representing the Teachers' Fund, who decided which way to go.

That is why he apolgizes now, for the first time, because he will see that the faults are fixed.

Damien Cox is missing the forest for the trees, as they say.

borjesalming is offline   Reply With Quote