HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Benoit Pouliot: "happy to be out of there"

Old
04-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Megaforce

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
*Sigh*

Focus on the playoffs, Benoit. We already know you're happy to be out of here and the feeling is mutual.
Hope you're speaking for yourself. I always liked Pouliot.

Why'd Gauthier get rid of him anyway? So we could keep Darche? Pouliot is certainly a lot better than a lot of the bottom-six guys we have. Plus he's French, that's not a bad thing.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
This happens everytime a player leaves the team.

Where there is smoke, there is fire.
It's not every time, it's what 2 examples?

I don't recall a rant from Hamrlik Halak Kovalev Halpern AK Gill etc

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post

Why'd Gauthier get rid of him anyway? So we could keep Darche? Pouliot is certainly a lot better than a lot of the bottom-six guys we have. Plus he's French, that's not a bad thing.
He required a 1.5 mil qualifying offer. Desharnais basically took his top 9 spot nad he was a poor fit for the 4th line. Guys like Pouliot are a dime a dozen.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Feeling is mutual. Happy Pouliot is outta here. Happier still that he's on Boston.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:05 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

Sergei, Latendresse, Pouliot, I don't think Cammy had anything great to say, nor Spacek. Grabovski also voiced displeasure.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Sergei, Latendresse, Pouliot, I don't think Cammy had anything great to say, nor Spacek. Grabovski also voiced displeasure.
Exactly, after a while if players constantly keep saying **** like this it's got to be true. Ain't we ain't stupid, guys aren't close unlike some other teams that's for sure

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
What did SK say?

I remember Latendresse and Spacek, both said they enjoyed their time here.

Old
04-11-2012, 09:23 AM
habitue*

Quote:
What did SK say?

I remember Latendresse and Spacek, both said they enjoyed their time here.
... Really... He certainly dislikes the "circus atmosphere".... Doesn't really matter. This guy did not bring anything special to the habs in 3 years.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Exactly, after a while if players constantly keep saying **** like this it's got to be true. Ain't we ain't stupid, guys aren't close unlike some other teams that's for sure
Guys who play their hearts out and do their talking on the ice get respect from the fans and are the players that never say anything bad once their gone (Koivu, Kostopoulos, Halak etc).. the guys who gave half assed efforts while they were here and didn't show up every game are the ones who complain (Cammalleri, Pouliot, Latendresse).

Give your best effort and the team and fans will treat you great (see guys like Gorges, Cole, Pacioretty, Price, Subban, Desharanis etc).. give pathetic efforts and you'll get treated like you should.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Dekar

Guys like Pouliot and Cammalleri need to learn to shut their traps and act like professionals instead of smack-talking their formers teams for the sake of feeding the media frenzy. My god.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Jerk Store
Classless

Anything about the Habs is like someone talking about yo mama... Seriously guys, you gotta take criticism, and when so much of it comes out, maybe not EVERYONE leaving was the problem. There clearly are issues in Montreal. The new GM choice is a big one and can't be taken lightly. I think the media and fans should shut the eff up and let them take a wise decision without the circus clowns trying to get their word in.

Jerk Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Joe Cole

Too bad he did not blossom into an every day player for the Habs.

Best luck to him.

He just was not cut out for MTL.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:32 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Anything about the Habs is like someone talking about yo mama... Seriously guys, you gotta take criticism, and when so much of it comes out, maybe not EVERYONE leaving was the problem. There clearly are issues in Montreal. The new GM choice is a big one and can't be taken lightly. I think the media and fans should shut the eff up and let them take a wise decision without the circus clowns trying to get their word in.
Remember the "karlsson is below average defensively" comments a few posters had on here? What did ottawa fans do? Make 5 threads about it and you were one of those who decided to make jokes about pacioretty getting injured. Yes, this is a habs thing.

As for the rest, I do agree with you, hopefully a better management is in place. Gauthier was terrible. Gainey at least earned respect around the league. Gauthier is a joke.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Bullsmith

I only have a short list of NHL players I have no respect for whatsoever. Pouliot's unique mixture of wimpiness, lazyness and arrogance put him on it.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:46 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
I only have a short list of NHL players I have no respect for whatsoever. Pouliot's unique mixture of wimpiness, lazyness and arrogance put him on it.
I have nothing against pouliot, even with his comments. He just seems to say this with every organization he's with. "Montreal is amazing. Such class, such a good team, i'm getting an opportunity, not like Minnesota" fast forward "Boston is amazing. Such class, such a good team, i'm getting an opportunity, not like Montreal"

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:53 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
That is why drafting the right players and developing them is so important for Montreal.

Throwing away guys like Latendresse, Lapierre, Ribeiro, SK and AK is really the dumbest thing they could do.

Let's re-sign Price and PK, a.s.a.p.

bang on I have been bicthing for years about drafting and developing

when you are a contender then pick up a Gio to help put you over the top

we do it all backwards

we pay dumb money and dump kids , the players we pick up are support secondary players with no core in place.

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 01:20 PM
smon

Well, leaving aside Pouliot's predictably weak comments...we did lose the Latendresse trade. It was a gamble worth taking and he did well initially but obviously he ended up being not even good enough to re-sign.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post

Give him a son...

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:26 PM
LesHabs66

I recall Jack Edwards calling Benoit Pouliot a “chump” and “one of the greatest disappointments of talent in National Hockey League history" during the playoffs last season. I have to say that this is the only time I haven't fallen to the floor laughing when Jack Edwards opens his biased and less than hockey savvy mouth.

LesHabs66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:37 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Pouliot is the biggest fairy!

Funny to see him talk all tough now that he's with the Bruins

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:

Gill mentioned he was kind of annoyed how PG wouldn't tell him where he got traded to.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabs66 View Post
I recall Jack Edwards calling Benoit Pouliot a “chump” and “one of the greatest disappointments of talent in National Hockey League history" during the playoffs last season. I have to say that this is the only time I haven't fallen to the floor laughing when Jack Edwards opens his biased and less than hockey savvy mouth.
Now that he's with the Bruins though, he probably considers Pouliot the greatest player of all time. That's the way it usually works with Edwards.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I don't disagree. I just disagree with the arguments presented by your fellow bruins fan.

Also, nothing against you obviously as you're one of the good bruins posters but if we go by a "where there's smoke, there's fire" approach, would it not be equivalent to saying say, the bruins are a dirty team for instance? It's not to bring up the topic, but as the fanbase involved, many will be quick to point out "absolutely not" and same with this. The reality however is that the truth lies between the extremes.

In the case of montreal, the pressure can consume players, but many players thrive under the pressure or just plain do better in montreal. For example, Huet was a hero in montreal, in chicago he got loaned so he can leave.

In the case of Ryder, as presented by hockeyfan68, ryder had some of his best years in montreal and could handle the pressure. As you saw with the bruins, he was a clutch player and pressure didn't bother him. Good for mike, always a nice guy.

In the case of pouliot, we all saw it, flashes of brilliance and steady play. In boston territory they like to think "we've converted him", but he looks EXACTLY the same. Montreal has too many of his style, guys who arent go getters and lack the toolbox for the tools, they parted ways with him. Boston had more physical, more intense players. The result? Less pressure and while pouliot played exactly the same he did here, people are satisfied, because he doesn't need to be any different. In montreal, we needed better.
Perhaps rather than shooting the messenger, people should focus on the message?

Naaaaaahh.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Now that he's with the Bruins though, he probably considers Pouliot the greatest player of all time. That's the way it usually works with Edwards.
Yeah, no.

Pouliot's a third-line wing. Works hard, forechecks well, makes a tremendous play now and then, has good chemistry with Kelly and Rolston. No more, no less.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Et le But

How come you never hear these comments from guys like Hamrlik, Koivu, Halak, Gill, Halpern, Kovalev, Moore, Metropolit, etc.? You talk about how many people criticize the atmosphere, and it's telling, but it's always guys who were useless to begin with.

And didn't Spacek clarify that his comments were about the atmosphere of Montreal in general (aka the media) and not the team itself?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote