HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could we trade for Gagner or Eberle? (Discuss all trades here, if you must)

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2012, 06:33 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungD4 View Post
then you don't do it
Have to agree. Staal imo, moved himself ahead of mcdonagh as our best defenseman in that devils series. Obviously thats not a knock on mcD. Not to mention, like girardi, he has a very cap friendly salary.

Old
05-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
This thread is like Pandora's Box or something... Terrified what might happen to me now that I have opened it.

Old
05-28-2012, 07:02 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

This thread actually makes me hostile.

I haven't seen so many 3 paragraph proposals that I don't want any part of....

Its not like "oh, its unrealistic" or "oh, its not my first choice, but I wouldn't mind it", or "its a bit lopsided"

They're like "this makes our team worse, the value is off, and its geared for a team in a completely different stage in development."

No, I don't want to trade Girardi - this is something I feel very strongly about. It would be 2001 I Am Sam to trade him.
I don't want Taylor Hall at the expense of our dmen and our entire future. (except Chris Kreider...he is always untouchable)
I don't want Nail Yakupov at the expense of our dmen.

I'm pretty sure this thread caused Jonestown.

Old
05-28-2012, 07:12 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
I would move anyone on our defense except for McDonagh for Hall or Yakupov.

When was the last time we had that explosive winger that creates plays out of nothing?

If you want to sign Z.Parise at 8 per long term, that's fine. If you have the opportunity to trade for an ELC star in Hall or Yakupov, while having RFA years remaining, you take that and run. This team will never have that talent since they don't tank and very rarely do players like that hit free agency.

Old
05-30-2012, 06:27 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Quote:
Sorting through all your bs of a response which consists of bs justifications of how your proposals make sense
They're not bs, or any other kind of s, for that matter.
You just can't stand people who disagree with you, so you resort to name calling.
Grow up.

Quote:
...the bottom line is the rangers were TWO wins away from playing in the stanley cup. TWO. TWO in richards 1st year here, mcdonagh and stepan's sophomore years, hagelin's rookie year, Kreider jumping right into the playoffs, and a defense that played practically one man down the entire devils series.
Like I said, we were good but we were also lucky.
We need to improve => modify or get away from Torts/system + need to add more talent especially snipers.

Quote:
And yet having said all that you want to dismantle the team.
These moves are not dismantling.

Quote:
This is why you are a clown.
This is where I should retort with something hateful, or spiteful, like GTFO; however I will not sink to your level. You make a joke of yourself, not me, by reducing the discussion to name calling 'cause you're wrong on the facts.

Quote:
I dont care what prospects edmonton or cbj have.
You should care. Maybe not passionately, but you should care. These are potential trade assets to acquire or assets the competition may use against us some day. It never hurts to be informed. You however, apparently prefer to be ignorant.

Quote:
If they were so great theyd be getting a lot of time with their big clubs considering how awful those teams were.
Entirely wrong and illogical. Would you just give away McIlrath, Ceresniak, etc just because they need seasoning? Hint, your answer should be no. So why make this kind of ridiculous remark just because their teams are giving these prospects necessary development?

Quote:
And if they are not nhl ready then we dont want them.
Wrong again.
The correct answer, and I doubt anybody here will disagree with me on this specific exact point, is we may or may not want them, depending upon the price vs. our perception of their value (i.e., what we think they can ultimately do for us).

Quote:
WE ARE NOT REBUILDING.
Also wrong.
Most years you are rebuilding while you are growing, obtaining new resources.
Sure like the SF 49ers, you could still do that and still wind up with one year where everything is backed up and you do finally have one year you have to go for broke, but that is the exception not the rule.

We are, and should attempt to the greatest extent possible to "improve" ourselves every year.

Quote:
We are in win now mode.
Yes, but we can do this without completely destroying our immediate future, so do both, I say.

Quote:
I think you forgot what year it is. Its not 2007 where we're competing but looking to add youth. That time has passed. And we still have solid prospects in the minors who can take the time to develop.
I'm glad you know what year it is.
We have some solid prospects, need to upgrade, add still more = better depth = better total assets = better chance to win.
Any year. EVERY YEAR.

Quote:
We are not dealing boyle, del zotto, girardi, richards, gaborik, and dubinsky.
We should keep an open mind and see if the return if favorable before saying yes or no, especially before hand.

Quote:
Just stop. You are embarrassing yourself and the intligence of this forum.
I suggest you take your own advice.
Don't let your "intligence" get the better of you.

Old
05-30-2012, 06:30 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I would move anyone on our defense except for McDonagh for Hall or Yakupov.

When was the last time we had that explosive winger that creates plays out of nothing?

If you want to sign Z.Parise at 8 per long term, that's fine. If you have the opportunity to trade for an ELC star in Hall or Yakupov, while having RFA years remaining, you take that and run. This team will never have that talent since they don't tank and very rarely do players like that hit free agency.
"I would move anyone on our defense except for McDonagh for Hall or Yakupov. "
Obviously this would have to include Girardi.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:47 PM
bernmeister

This is the first tread thread post the 2012 draft.

I'm gonna reach out to LA about Alec Martinez and their top pick, Pearson.

Does anyone want to throw out ideas on what a consensus for that pair might be?

Old
06-23-2012, 01:49 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post

We need offense and depth defensemen. We can get the depth defensemen through free agency.

Old
06-23-2012, 05:14 PM
eco's bones

Quote:

You're obsessed with this Pearson for some reason. You get a player in your head that you want to trade or one that you want to acquire and you never let go. Pearson has not even been a King for 24 hours--apparently you think the Rangers blew it by taking Skjei instead and should rectify that right away.

Who are we going to trade to get both Pearson and Martinez? Girardi again?

Old
06-23-2012, 06:20 PM
JayQueensNY88*

People on here are ridiculous..this is why i dont post much...Bernmeister ur trades are horrendous n pointless. I get more entertainment reading here than posting. If i was a non ranger fan n came here,well id think it was a joke.Rather embarrassing...go ahead insult my grammer grammar now,lmao,haha ....

Old
06-23-2012, 09:33 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Well, if Hall or Yakupov were available, i would seriously look into that.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:21 AM
mahonistan*

This team made the ECF with a bunch of 20-24 year olds and everyone on this board wants to trade the entire team. It doesnt make any f***ing sense to me.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:28 AM
Alphacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
This team made the ECF with a bunch of 20-24 year olds and everyone on this board wants to trade the entire team. It doesnt make any f***ing sense to me.
We do have to package something though to get scoring. We can't simply rely on a player's development and hope that he will score more goals. We need a relatively consistent offensive threat. The framework of our team is set. Changes have to be made though.

Old
06-24-2012, 01:35 AM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS913 View Post
We do have to package something though to get scoring. We can't simply rely on a player's development and hope that he will score more goals. We need a relatively consistent offensive threat. The framework of our team is set. Changes have to be made though.
Gaborik is reliable when he is healthy. He played the entire post season with a torn rotator cuff. That's why he wasnt scoring. 1 Point out of the presidents trophy and we need more scoring? We also didnt have Kreider until the post season. IMO, come playoff time next year other teams will be scared ****less. Richards will have had a full year to work with the team, Kreider will be better, and Gaborik will be coming back into form right into playoff time. We don't need to trade anybody. Hell, MDZ could blossom into that point PP guy. He played GREAT in the playoffs up until the NJ round, but then again, the whole team sucked outside of Callahan and Prust in the NJ round. Hell, I thought Rupp played well in the playoffs and thought he should have had more TOI but that's irrelevant. You can rely on guys to develop when they are 22-23 years old like the heart of this team is. Trading any of one of our young guys will eventually come back to bite us in the ass. Hags, MDZ, Steps, Kreider, McTruck, Staal, Girardi, Cally, AA, Boyle, Staal and Dubi have the potential to be our core for at least the next 7-10 seasons. This ECF gave them valuable experience and they will learn and come back stronger, wiser, and hungrier for a cup. Talking about how our defense cant score goals.. Well the defensemen had what 12 goals in the playoffs? Maybe they can score.

Old
06-24-2012, 02:02 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Gaborik is reliable when he is healthy. He played the entire post season with a torn rotator cuff. That's why he wasnt scoring. 1 Point out of the presidents trophy and we need more scoring? We also didnt have Kreider until the post season. IMO, come playoff time next year other teams will be scared ****less. Richards will have had a full year to work with the team, Kreider will be better, and Gaborik will be coming back into form right into playoff time. We don't need to trade anybody. Hell, MDZ could blossom into that point PP guy. He played GREAT in the playoffs up until the NJ round, but then again, the whole team sucked outside of Callahan and Prust in the NJ round. Hell, I thought Rupp played well in the playoffs and thought he should have had more TOI but that's irrelevant. You can rely on guys to develop when they are 22-23 years old like the heart of this team is. Trading any of one of our young guys will eventually come back to bite us in the ass. Hags, MDZ, Steps, Kreider, McTruck, Staal, Girardi, Cally, AA, Boyle, Staal and Dubi have the potential to be our core for at least the next 7-10 seasons. This ECF gave them valuable experience and they will learn and come back stronger, wiser, and hungrier for a cup. Talking about how our defense cant score goals.. Well the defensemen had what 12 goals in the playoffs? Maybe they can score.
And maybe Gaborik and Callahan get hurt and we score no goals. Expecting everyone to be fully healthy the entire duration of the playoffs is a tall order. I thought we were pretty lucky regardless.

Old
06-24-2012, 02:08 AM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
And maybe Gaborik and Callahan get hurt and we score no goals. Expecting everyone to be fully healthy the entire duration of the playoffs is a tall order. I thought we were pretty lucky regardless.
We can't even guarantee Lundqvist can stay healthy, should we trade for Halak or Quick? In that case, we should trade everyone for Nash and Ryan seeing as one could potentially get hurt. Hell, throw in the next 3 years 1st and 2nd rounders for Joe Thornton and sign Parise to a big deal. If we are lucky, 2 of those guys will be healthy come playoff time.
No offense, but I'm glad you aren't the GM. You don't make managerial decisions based on "luck".

Old
06-24-2012, 02:23 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
We can't even guarantee Lundqvist can stay healthy, should we trade for Halak or Quick? In that case, we should trade everyone for Nash and Ryan seeing as one could potentially get hurt. Hell, throw in the next 3 years 1st and 2nd rounders for Joe Thornton and sign Parise to a big deal. If we are lucky, 2 of those guys will be healthy come playoff time.
No offense, but I'm glad you aren't the GM. You don't make managerial decisions based on "luck".
The problem is, even with MOST of our lineup healthy, we still had an incredibly tough time scoring 2 goals per game and that was with our defense contributing way more offensively than can reasonably be expected of them.

Old
06-24-2012, 03:24 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
The problem is, even with MOST of our lineup healthy, we still had an incredibly tough time scoring 2 goals per game and that was with our defense contributing way more offensively than can reasonably be expected of them.
We need more offensive depth. Without gutting the roster. Hopefully this will be adressed through a few FA signings. I prefer a couple vets in on shorter term deals and keeping our core intact instead of saving Howsons or Murray's face/jobs any day. Add without giving up. Sure Sather sees things the same way. Add at the deadline too...But possibly not for the likes of a new John Scott debacle... Add hockey talent!

Old
06-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Pizza

Trade every body. Because....ya know, that's always worked well for this franchise.

...hand me the PlayStation

Old
06-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Bernmeister plan dated 5/25/2012:

Trade 1
To NYR: Gernat, Marincin, Pitlick, Edmonton 1st 2013, + Oiler 2nds 2012 + 2013

To EO: MDZ, Boyle, Biron, NYR 3rds 2012 + 2013

Analysis-
Oilers get Del Zotto, a D they can use immediately, + Boyle, who is complementary for them as to playing C or W, and is good defensively + Biron, who maybe briefly useful as a tutor, but then has value as an emergency injury replacement or complementary backup to a guy like Thomas, who can't be asked to do a whole season too many games as #1.
These are 2 of the best D prospects Oilers have (Klefborn higher ranked, further along, I believe) but we they are at least 2+ years min away. Pitlick is a year +, has good speed, but not clear as to shooting/other skills at NHL level; Oilers have enough forwards.

Rangers:
long term, Gernat + Marincin are tall w/possibility to skate well, good Ds, and lefty, match up very nicely as complement with Noreau and Ceresniak, who are about same level away. Pitlick speedy skater an improvement over Bourque and helps reduce loss of Thomas (next trade).
Immediate: We flip our 2012 and 2013 thirds for Oiler counterpart 2012 and 2013 seconds, this year's Oiler second being close to a late 1st, maybe useful to move up.
We add Edmonton's 1st for next year 2013.

Summary: Oilers get established value now for potential later.
Note: although this is 3 for 3 + picks, we might have to do Edmonton a favor and take a deadweight contract back --- Not someone like Horcoff, but something.

Trade 2
To NYR: Nash, CBJ 1st 2012

To EO: Girardi, Dubinsky, Thomas, St. Croix, NYR 2012 1st + 2nd and NYR 2013 1st + 2nd
Analysis-
Howson wants more, including Kreider, who he'll never get.
This trade is based on the premise that while Blue Jackets don't HAVE TO trade Nash, Nash doesn't have to do anything more than just show up, and potential suitors know that, and will not pay Columbus when there is such a long term big $$$ contract at risk and in play. Ergo it's a package deal.
CBJ gets 4 picks for 1, an All Star D, an imperfect but quality F in Dubinsky, a bang bust guy in Christian Thomas, and a developing sniper in St. Croix.

Rangers get a sniper and a 1st which is #2 overall.

Trade 3: here there are options.
a) We could keep + use the pick --- not too shabby.
b) or we could make like the New England Patriots and trade down and keep extracting a price as we go down.
c) or, we might be able to trade the pick for Shea Weber
NOTE: This assumes Weber wants out to extent he will not renew, because he wants to go 'home' which is NW, ie, Vancouver, but Edmonton could be close enough. This means you MUST assume for purpose of this post his value at this stage is as a one year rental, no re-signing.

If we opt for c), Weber, we can keep him and enjoy him as an integral component for next year's run;
OR
we can approach Oilers, and say if they want to pay for the privilege, we will allow them to negotiate with Weber, which they might do anyway not just because they can use him but to keep us from making a similar overture to Canucks (for which Kesler/Edler) would come the other way. If Weber wants to go west, and Edmonton is to his liking, and a deal can be struck, we can then package Weber + for RNH or other bounty.

projected lineup/roster:
Nash -- Richards -- Gaborik
Kreider -- Anisimov -- Callahan
Hagelin -- Stepan -- Prust
Fedotenko -- Rupp -- Scott

Fasth, JT Miller Pitlick next in the pipeline

D if/until Weber moved, and assuming J Schultz signed
Staal Weber
McD Schultz
Erixon Stralman
McIlrath knocking on door

that's the core of it...
Ive got to give it to you Bern. Despite making the worst proposals at HFboards by far and receiving more than your fair amount of flack for those looney bin proposals, you don't ever give up.

06-24-2012, 02:32 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Ive got to give it to you Bern. Despite making the worst proposals at HFboards by far and receiving more than your fair amount of flack for those looney bin proposals, you don't ever give up.
I like Bern and his proposals
Keeps this place busy
I miss Dagoon around here
And JOrts too...

Old
06-24-2012, 03:08 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I like Bern and his proposals
Keeps this place busy
I miss Dagoon around here
And JOrts too...
Well his first trade has us sending as one piece of the deal Marty Biron to the Oilers who we could turn around and re-sign on July 1st as he's a pending UFA. Just wondering what Edmonton gets out of that?

Bernmeister moves in and Torts moves out. Girardi, Dubi, Boyle and MDZ better start packing too. And Schultz has no choice--he has to sign with us.

Old
06-24-2012, 03:19 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
We need offense and depth defensemen. We can get the depth defensemen through free agency.
Thank you.
I share your optimism as to depth defensemen through free agency.
Offense will, I agree, require more creative initiative.
All constructive input is welcome.

Old
06-24-2012, 03:27 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
You're obsessed with this Pearson for some reason. You get a player in your head that you want to trade or one that you want to acquire and you never let go. Pearson has not even been a King for 24 hours--apparently you think the Rangers blew it by taking Skjei instead and should rectify that right away.

This I will call you out on.
I am clearly in favor of the Skjei pick based on that he was possibly the best skater in the draft, and I posted to that effect.
Your comments are therefore out of line as misrepresentative, and while I fully support free speech and your right to your opinion to take me to task on something I actually said, I reject your inappropriate choice to criticize me on something YOU incorrectly inferred.

Just because I think Pearson would be a great addition, it does not mean I think Skjei was a bad pick.

You will kindly retract your remark.

Old
06-24-2012, 03:45 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I don't deny that Girardi has been on my send list because he's the most valuable chip we can use towards a sniper. That remains the case, both that generally he is the chip and we still need the sniper. [With JStaal to the Canes joining EStaal, there now is some thought Carolina would consider a reasonable premium for Marc Staal, which most of us agree requires Skinner, with us having to add. That would be an exception.]

I am seeking constructive input as to a good deal on Pearson. Martinez is a nice fall back position if we move MDZ, if he's available for the right price, which may or may not be the case. We need to ask LA, and we need to understand what price we would or would not pay.

If LA picked Pearson based on need, the price would be more than if they just thought he was the best value on the board --- although in any case, some premium needs to be paid.

A preliminary inquiry on the kings board asking as to price had the one reply saying it was a little early to go down that road (not don't even bother to make an offer).

As to needs, same said Kings have no need except looking for upgrade at #3 RW.

I said, what about 3 of 4:
Christian Thomas/Boyle/rights to Prust/2013 Rangers 1st
for
Pearson + Kings 2013 2nd

I consider that reasoned mutually beneficial.

You notice Girardi's name was not in there.

Closed Thread