HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could we trade for Gagner or Eberle? (Discuss all trades here, if you must)

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2012, 02:37 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
The logical move for Edmonton is to trade down 1-2 places, get the blue chip defenseman they badly need and pick up another nice asset for their trouble. This may be where the Islanders pocket gets picked.

Old
04-11-2012, 02:37 AM
McDunna with Fries

I honestly think there's a greater chance that they trade their #1 overall than trading Eberle

Old
04-11-2012, 03:50 AM
proxomat

Eberle or Hall.
But won't happen....

Old
04-11-2012, 05:19 AM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

i wouldn't mind MPS, to be honest. i just don't see what we'd give up for him. he's also sort of played under the expectations of the fans (i know i was disappointed) but again, i don't know what we'd have to give up for him. i know he's not supposed to be as wondrous as Nuge, Ebs and Hall, but he might be worth a look. i think he'll eventually put up 60-70 points.

Old
04-11-2012, 06:25 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
There's no way the Oilers trade Eberle. I don't see the interest being there for Gagner.
My point exactly.

Id give up alot for Eberle and not for Gagner, and EDM won't give SG away.

Old
04-11-2012, 06:27 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by FultonReed View Post
i wouldn't mind MPS, to be honest. i just don't see what we'd give up for him. he's also sort of played under the expectations of the fans (i know i was disappointed) but again, i don't know what we'd have to give up for him. i know he's not supposed to be as wondrous as Nuge, Ebs and Hall, but he might be worth a look. i think he'll eventually put up 60-70 points.
Yep, me neither, but -- and this is great to write for once -- I think many fans of this team needs to raise their head a little and realize that we are alot better then looking for trades were we give up alot to get a not-so-established top 6 forward.

We have a top 6 already that is pretty good. Dubi on the 3rd line. Kreider joining the team. Zucc might be back. AND, if we need anything, preferbly its a Parise or Nash and not a 22-25 who might score 50-60 pts.

Old
04-11-2012, 06:35 AM
beastly115

Eberle for McDonagh sounds fair, no? Not saying I would do it, but that's the kind of trade Edmonton would be looking to make.

Old
04-11-2012, 06:40 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
I don't touch Gagner but I trade almost anyone for Eberle. He is a very special player. I've always been jealous Edmonton has him and not us.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Geffres
@geffres on twitter

no shot the oilers trade eberle 0 percent chance

Old
04-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Vitto79

Going to guess that the Oilers Draft Yakupov for sure and build with him, RNH, Eberle, Hall

they will deal Gagner. I think he's overrated anyway and dont care to have him on the Rangers. He may turn it up with another team but I think the Rangers are set with who they have now.

I would keep our D depth even if they bring in that Schultz college kid which is not a for sure anyway

Lets see what Kreider can do

Old
04-11-2012, 08:07 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Personally, I think I would rather try to acquire the 1st overall and take the big talented center in Grigorenko. 17 years old and he's already 6-2 and 190 pounds.

Can expect a playing career in the 6-4 220 pound range.

Play him with Kreider and that would be sick.

additionally, I would bring JT Miller up as a winger.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD View Post
NHL network had a bit on Yakupov and he was speaking English.

I really liked the kids attitude and of course his highlights were pretty sick too. The moment I found out the Oilers won the lottery I started thinking about all the ridiculous talent they're going to have up front. I won't lie I thought about the possibility of Sather making a deal with his old buddies in Alberta to finally get the Rangers that #1 pick. And I'm sure they need some good young D...but I know that conversation would start with McD +

What kind of deal would get it done?
I like this direction too. There has been a ton of talk about the Russians at the top of the draft possibly playing in KHL next season as a bargaining chip. I love Eberl eand Hall, but as much as previous posters want to laugh at the guy who suggested that huge package, thats about what they would cost. Ditto for Hall or RNH.

Gagner is not a legit top 6 difference maker. I go after the # 1 pick if anything.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

The playoffs start tomorrow. The Rangers are going in as a #1 seed.

I come to hfboards and this is the thread on top. Gotta love it.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:35 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflepadsave View Post
What would it take? DelZotto and Erixon?
If they weren't going to include Del Zotto for Nash, why would they include him for a prospect who may or may not pan out?

04-11-2012, 08:49 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAvery16 View Post
Gagner is young and very talented. He's the top 6 forward we need.
thats y they wont trade him. its not like EA sports NHL12.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
Eberle for McDonagh sounds fair, no? Not saying I would do it, but that's the kind of trade Edmonton would be looking to make.
Ugh. IMO I wouldn't want to but I would probably say yes. IMO at this point McDonagh is the most valuable defenseman we have but we Eberle looks like the real effin deal.

Old
04-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Would you guys do either of these?

Yakupov for McDonaugh
Yakupov + Gagner for Stepan + Staal

Old
04-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAvery16 View Post
Gagner is young and very talented. He's the top 6 forward we need.
A small, weak on the puck center is the top six forward we need? He adds nothing to our lineup as it is right now.

Old
04-11-2012, 09:55 AM
NYRangers09

What about the possibility of a trade like this

Oilers 1st for Girardi, Erixon/McIlrath, our 1st.

Much rather trade Girardi than Staal or MacTruck

Old
04-11-2012, 10:08 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Even Tambellini isn't stupid enough to trade Eberle, and Gagner is, plain and simple, a loser. He's no top six forward, and he's certainly not the answer to this team's top six needs. This team is looking to shed inconsistent players who can't figure out what their role in the league is, not add more of them.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:10 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Edmonton has two problems:

1. In the future its going to be hard as hell for them to keep RNH, Yakupov, Hall, Eberle, and Gagner together because of the cap.

2. Their defense sucks.

Right now, the first problem is kind of irrelevant because those guys aren't making any money. But if they want to improve their D they're going to have to make a move, and I think the Rangers would be good trading partners.

I see Gagner as the most likely to get moved. RNH, Hall, and Eberle already have achieved higher point totals than Gagner and are younger.
Spot on, and this is why I have suggested moves for Hall, though I'd be open to RNH/Eberle and now Yakupov, along iwth the fact that while balance is not everything all by itself, balance is important and useful.

However, even when offered full real value for Hall, because of emotional attachment (which theoretically is supposed to yield to desire to win) Oilers would not bite. Packages including Girardi + Stepan (in lieu of MDZ) did not take. For one of these, they want McDonagh, and only McDonagh, a price we would not pay unless Stamkos or Malkin were involved.

There is hope that now they are getting Yakupov at #1, given the above quote and that they truly would have enough firepower, they would consider 2 Ds, but if we keep Erixon (both on potential/shot from point, and other reasons) and don't trade McDonagh, then we can't do Stepan in lieu of MDZ, we'd likely have to offer both.

we'd probably have to offer something like:
Girardi + MDZ + Stepan
for
Edmonton 1st AND 2nd 2012

This gives us Yakopov + a high pick, and gives them 3 bodies who contribute immediately, a full first pairing, and a solid C who can exploit the remaining snipers.

They might want to expand that and try to make us take MPS for Dubi, who is overpaid but a better overall player.

Alternatively, GULP, they might push for Hemsky for Dubi!

So unless we want to scale way down, and go only after Gagner, we will have to overpay to get, because (repeat after me) snipers [especially without issues] command a premium. The question is whether or not if offered the overpayment demanded is one we can and should live with to get balance/scoring upgrade/sniper.

We MIGHT be able to have a winning bid with:
Stralman
Eminger
future Ranger 2nd
and Pashnin (a loose cannon variable)
+ future 3rd upgradeable to 2nd

for gagner

Old
04-11-2012, 10:12 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
Yea but i doubt they will be able to keep all those young players when they get out of their ELC.. Besides that they still have ZERO defensemen in their system or big leagues and their goalie situation is horrendous..

For the 1st overall it would probably take Staal or Girardi. A top pairing defenseman to build around. Would i trade Staal for the 1st overall.. tough choice but in the position we are in now, i probably wouldnt since i LOVE what our defense is going to look like with Erixon and McIlrath coming in, along with hopefully Sauer's healthy return next year. As good as their young offense looks, our young defense looks better.
They want way, way more.
Trust me, I've done the legwork here.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Fleury4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Where's berneister?

I'm sure he's punching away at his calculator getting the salaries matched up for all his proposals for Hall.
Hall is the only one worth inquiring about. Gagner is a *****.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

id offer them Staal, Sauer and our #1 for their #1.

youd have to go hard after Schultz though.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:16 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
Marc Staal + Our 1st for their first

Would be tempting...
Yes, but especially w/Staal proving the rust is coming off, this would still have to be something like Girardi + MDZ +

Closed Thread