HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Could we trade for Gagner or Eberle? (Discuss all trades here, if you must)

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2012, 11:30 AM
JayQueensNY88*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAvery16 View Post
The Oilers are going to draft Yakupov and thus be loaded at forward.

We have a ton of defensive depth.

What do you think?
Dude strong possibilities Ed m moves it wiht maybe one of the other top 5 teams ,grabs extra picks and possibly playrs n prospect..Edm has good depth on talented young fwds....

wont know til draft day

Old
04-12-2012, 11:33 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
id offer them Staal, Sauer and our #1 for their #1.

youd have to go hard after Schultz though.
oh absolutley with both things you said!!

Old
04-12-2012, 01:43 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Damn... I guess people have lowered their standards on success around here.

Washington didn't make the playoffs until Ovechkin's 3rd year in the NHL.

Pitt didn't make the playoffs the first year Crosby was in the NHL either.

By success I meant team success. This is a team sport, yes? Individually, their stats were great, but that amounts to about nothing when your team isn't successful. Ask Rick Nash that.

So no. In my book, both Crosby and Ovechkin did not have successful first seasons in the sense that their team's did not benefit from their rookie campaigns in the playoffs. By saying that Yakupov will follow suite I meant that the Oilers will be at least another losing season away from making the playoffs..
You're right they didnt elevate their team the season after said team picked 1st overall in the draft. But what would their talents do on a team that is coming off of a number 1 SEED in the PO's. How do you people not think of things like this?
This thread is very painful. Someone even implied they want to keep McI over Girardi.

Last edited by JimmyStart*: 04-12-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old
04-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAvery16 View Post
Have you ever been to Coney Island? Brighton Beach? Sheepshead Bay?

A Russian superstar would be a huge coup for this franchise from a marketing perspective.
I don't give a crap about marketing bull****, I want a player that shows up every nite to play. There's a reason why there are less and less Russian players in the league.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:52 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
^^ the Rangers have great depth in their system and really don't need to trade anyone away for anyone, you are winning with what you've got! and Kreider, JT Miller, Erixon and McIlrath are on the way. add to what you already have, and you have a ton of depth!!
True, but we need more.
Not a matter of being greedy.
Just that it takes that much added depth to insulate yourself from injuries, etc. AND maintain growth.

Bold: these 4, for the time being, are untouchable, virtually at almost any price.

Old
04-13-2012, 03:01 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
If we could potentially work out a deal, I'm almost positive they'd want McD opposed to Girardi.
Which is why it would have to be Girardi ++, but without being too much for us to swallow, still a win win.

It's a big gamble to think about McDonagh.
If Yakupov truly is the second coming of Stamkos, he's worth it.
If not, that's a disaster.

I think Edmonton keeps the pick unless ABSOLUTELY blown away.
Absolutely blown away, especially for a team needing D, could be Girardi + one of Stepan or MDZ +. Remains to be seen if best offer, but it could be.

Old
04-18-2012, 07:03 AM
Neknim

just so you know, d-men Oscar Klefbom, Martin Marincin and David Musil are highly regarded prospects and Devan Dubnyk has emerged as our #1 goalie and as long as he plays the majority or the games next year, the Oilers record will no doubt improve. [/QUOTE]

Not to mention they also have colton tuebert

Old
04-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Klefbom is tearing it up in my EHM

Old
04-18-2012, 11:15 AM
satrabyk

Eberla will not be traded, Gagner sure but idk how effective he would be. Id also be interested in Omark and Paarajvi.

Old
04-18-2012, 11:21 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neknim View Post
just so you know, d-men Oscar Klefbom, Martin Marincin and David Musil are highly regarded prospects and Devan Dubnyk has emerged as our #1 goalie and as long as he plays the majority or the games next year, the Oilers record will no doubt improve.
Not to mention they also have colton tuebert[/QUOTE]

Your D is not strong, when you have Renny coaching and you cant keep the GA low you know you have a problem. All those guys you mentioned are question marks. I dont get how the Oilers cant figure it out that they have too many skilled but not proven forwards without any top 6 bottom 6 with good toughness and grit. You can have everyone. Yakupov Hopkins, Eberla, Hall, Hemsky(still am baffled he was signed for 5 per the way he was playing but anyway you have strong top 6, keeping Paraajvi and Omark around is just stupid.

Old
04-18-2012, 11:24 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
True, but we need more.
Not a matter of being greedy.
Just that it takes that much added depth to insulate yourself from injuries, etc. AND maintain growth.

Bold: these 4, for the time being, are untouchable, virtually at almost any price.
Well its more that we lack skill and vision on the ice. We hoped when we brought in Zucc he would provide this but so far its been a bit of a failure. Hagelin has been a nice suprise but we need another skilled forward up front and you guys have potential in that area while we have depth on D. I would not trade unless Girardi, Mcd or Stall unless it for ther top guy but i would move a Mcl or Bickel for a second tier prospect with skill.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:11 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Well its more that we lack skill and vision on the ice. We hoped when we brought in Zucc he would provide this but so far its been a bit of a failure. Hagelin has been a nice suprise but we need another skilled forward up front and you guys have potential in that area while we have depth on D. I would not trade unless Girardi, Mcd or Stall unless it for ther top guy but i would move a Mcl or Bickel for a second tier prospect with skill.
I have never been saying let's move Girardi for sake of moving, only for fulfillment of needs (sniper) or upgrade (e.g., Weber).

In the big picture we'd be better off getting top dollar for Girardi and relocating his reasonable but not insignificant 3.x mil and replacing his spot INDIRECTLY (in other words, everybody move up one) with McIlrath, a stay at home D w/ELC. I fully acknowledge this causes set of problems but w/Erixon playing full time not getting jerked back and forth, enough D will be there. Also it helps to sign a Justin Schultz if you have opened a roster spot for him.

I like Bickel, but I can be overwhelmed with offer for him.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:26 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Because its an area of strength and they have a chance at significantly improving an area of weakness
But, Eberle IS the strength of that offense right now? This trade doesn't make any sense.

It's like our team's strength is 2 way play and outworking opponents, so we trade Callahan to sure up a weakness.

They're going to look to move Gagner to sure up the defense.

Old
04-18-2012, 06:36 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
But, Eberle IS the strength of that offense right now? This trade doesn't make any sense.

It's like our team's strength is 2 way play and outworking opponents, so we trade Callahan to sure up a weakness.

They're going to look to move Gagner to sure up the defense.
Not sure that's a fair comparison.
Trading "Callahan to shore up a weakness" of course doesn't make sense in a generic vacuum.
But if the return was high enough, you'd do it, because the team's overall best interest would be best served.
In that context, even Hank can be had -- if Malkin or Stamkos are at the other end.

I apologize in advance if I missed something, but don't remember seeing anywhere trading Callahan for Gagner, especially from our side.
Cally is a great 2 way player, almost 30 goals, return for him would be COLOSSAL

------------

The other side to this coin is you have to give to get.
They're testing the waters for Gagne, and we're not biting as to any significant pieces as principles.

IF we don't move a top D for sniper help, MAYBE something like Gagne + Pitlick for Stralman + Mitchell.

don't lose sleep over it...

Last edited by bernmeister: 04-20-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typo
Old
04-19-2012, 04:15 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Not sure that's a fair comparison.
Trading "Callahan to shore up a weakness" of course doesn't make sense in a generic vacuum.
But if the return was high enough, you'd do it, because the team's overall best interest would be best served.
In that context, even Hank can be had -- if Malkin or Stamkos are at the other end.

I apologize in advance if I missed something, but don't remember seeing anywhere trading Callahan for Gagner, especially from our side.
Cally is a great 2 way player, almost 30 goals, return for him would be COLOSSAL

------------

The other side to this coin is you have to give to get.
They're testing the waters for Gagne, and we're not biting as to any significant pieces as principles.

IF we don't move a top D for sniper help, MAYBE something like Gagne + Pitlick for Stralman + Mitchell.

don't lease sleep over it...
I was saying the suggested trade was Callahan for Eberle. I'm just saying that when you're dealing from a position of strength, teams hardly ever deal the main piece of that strength unless they're looking to go in a complete different way.

Eberle is their consistent scoring player that plays in all situations. If they move him to sure up the defense, their formerly strong offense might be nowhere near so.

If we were looking to sure up scoring from our position of strength (defense) would it make any sense to you to move McD? Sure the return could be great, but G could be having a career year, and Staal could get reinjured. McD is a huge reason defense is a strength with this team.

So yea, getting a massive piece might be worth it, but then you've changed the complexion of the team in a big way. Edmonton needs to start building a winning culture. Not shipping out their top forward for someone they hope to be a top Dman.

Old
04-19-2012, 07:10 PM
M Ace

1st Overall vs. Chris Kreider?

A fast question NYR friends. I am an Oilerfan whos is really high on Chris Kreider.

The question is:

Would you trade him straight up for our 1st overall pick?

Old
04-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Absolutely I would. Would trade him for the 2nd overall as well. Maybe 3rd.

Old
04-19-2012, 07:12 PM
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Ace View Post
A fast question NYR friends. I am an Oilerfan whos is really high on Chris Kreider.

The question is:

No question about it. I love Kreider but for a chance to draft Yakupov, HECK YES!!!! I would also thrown in our 1st round draft pick and couple of our prospects.

Old
04-19-2012, 07:16 PM
M Ace

To be honest I don't even think Henke Lundqvist could get you Eberle.

Gagner though, I think McDonagh or Del Zotto could get it done, but that is way overpayment from you.

Gagner needs to get som concistency to be a good NHL player. He are invicible in too many games to trade good a up and coming D for.

Old
04-19-2012, 07:17 PM
M Ace

Thanks guys. Maybe I am overrating Kreider a tiny bit then

Old
04-19-2012, 07:18 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I can't wait for summer.

04-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Jacques Strap

Quote:

The question is:

How about one of our defensemen or defensemen prospects? How about Staal and our 1st pick for the 1st pick overall and your 2nd?

Old
04-19-2012, 07:21 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Thanks guys. Maybe I am overrating Kreider a tiny bit then
I would make the trade very quickly after being highly impressed with Yakupov during the WJC's.... Kreider may develop into an excellent power forward (along with his blazing speed), but at this point that's at least a handful of years down the road. He's got a lot of developing to do.

Old
04-19-2012, 07:30 PM
M Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strap View Post
How about one of our defensemen or defensemen prospects? How about Staal and our 1st pick for the 1st pick overall and your 2nd?
Staal + 1st is tempting and personally I would scrub my head once and twice for that. But I think I would be ranned out of town and wouldn't be allowed to see any more Oils games in the future so I have to say no.

Just trading the pick feels so wrong. We are in rebuild mode and another 1st overall is just what this team needs.

I just wanted to see how much you NYR fans value Kreider...

..and Gagner for Kreider is out of the question?

Old
04-19-2012, 07:39 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Staal + 1st is tempting and personally I would scrub my head once and twice for that. But I think I would be ranned out of town and wouldn't be allowed to see any more Oils games in the future so I have to say no.

Just trading the pick feels so wrong. We are in rebuild mode and another 1st overall is just what this team needs.

I just wanted to see how much you NYR fans value Kreider...

..and Gagner for Kreider is out of the question?
Correct.... We have a surplus of good defensemen on our roster and in our system. An ideal trade for the Rangers would be current defensemen + pick or defensive prospect + pick for a promising young forward prospect or a high pick.

Closed Thread