HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

BK201's 2012 first round mock draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2012, 10:25 PM
  #1
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,617
vCash: 500
BK201's 2012 first round mock draft

here's a first round mock draft:

1) Edmonton Oilers: Nail Yakupov
2) Columbus Blue Jackets: Alexander Galchenyuk
3) Montreal Canadiens : Mikhail Grigorenko
4) New york islanders : Filip Forsberg
5) Toronto maple leafs : Ryan Murray
6) Anahiem Ducks: Cody Ceci
7) minnesota wild : Teuvo Teravainen
8) Carolina hurricanes : Radek Faksa
9) Winnipeg Jets: Mathew Dumba
10) Tampa bay lighning : Jacob Trouba
11) Washington Capitals from Colarado Avalanche : Griffin Reinhart
12) Buffalo Sabres : Benden Gaunce
13) Dallas stars : Morgan Reiley
14) Calgary Flames : Sabatien Collberg
15) Ottawa Senators : Derrick Pouliot
16)Washington Capitals : Thomas Hertl
17) Florida Panthers : Pontus Adberg
18) L A kings : Olli Maata
19) San Jose Sharks : Slater Koekkoek
20) Phoenix Cyotes : Zemgus Girgensons
21) Chicago Blackhawks : Dalton thrower
22) New jersey devils : forfiet pic
23) Detroit Red wings : Hampus lindholm
24) Boston Bruins : Colton Sissons
25) Philedelphia Flyers : Andrei Vislevski
26) Nashville predators : Brady Skjei
27) Pittsburgh Penguins : Mathew Finn
28) St louis Blues : Ludvik Bystrom
29) New york Rangers : Martin Frk
30) vancouver Canucks : Phillip Di Giuseppe

just wondering what others think, thanks

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:26 PM
  #2
Auzzie19
Registered User
 
Auzzie19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The North
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,639
vCash: 500
I fine with the Leafs pick Murray-Gardiner elite #1 pairing.

Auzzie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:33 PM
  #3
DuckJet
Poster of the Year
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 41,028
vCash: 69
Do not need Ceci. Ducks need a physical stay at home defender. If he can play offense too, that's a bonus.

Any one of Dumba, Trouba, or Reinhart would've been better there.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:26 AM
  #4
1972
"Craigs on it"
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Do not need Ceci. Ducks need a physical stay at home defender. If he can play offense too, that's a bonus.

Any one of Dumba, Trouba, or Reinhart would've been better there.
I wouldn't be suprised if Ceci becomes better than any of those guys you mentoned

1972 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:31 AM
  #5
tbcwpg
Registered User
 
tbcwpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 500
Jets would pick Trouba or Reinhart over Dumba, I would think.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 12:49 AM
  #6
DuckJet
Poster of the Year
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 41,028
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
I wouldn't be suprised if Ceci becomes better than any of those guys you mentoned
Still. He's not BPA. Ceci is like a Fowler type guy with poorer skating, weaker hands, and pretty much the same defensive ability. I've watched him like 6 times. I was expecting to be blown away by his defense. Not even a little bit. He got burned WAY more often than he actually cut chances off. Even if he becomes better than Trouba, Reinhart, and Dumba overall....I mean I wouldn't be all that shocked either...kid has upside...but the guys I listed are what Anaheim needs NOW.

Like everyone says we need the OFD's because Schultz might not sign. Schultz as a third OFD was already a surplus...though I'd rather give up Vatanen...it's still too much. Our blueline is too soft, and Ceci won't do anything to make that better.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 04:14 AM
  #7
FlareKnight
Registered User
 
FlareKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,755
vCash: 100
Would like the Leafs to leave this first round with a forward, but I agree that Murray is fine if all those guys go 1-4.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:39 AM
  #8
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
I know everyone likes "Minnesota picks the Finnish guy" but I don't see them reaching for Teuvo. We're already getting way too small on the front end. Unless Teravainen is actually over 6' I can't see the Wild taking him at 7. That's doubly true when they have basically their pick of defensemen.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 10:52 AM
  #9
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
I know everyone likes "Minnesota picks the Finnish guy" but I don't see them reaching for Teuvo. We're already getting way too small on the front end. Unless Teravainen is actually over 6' I can't see the Wild taking him at 7. That's doubly true when they have basically their pick of defensemen.
That's a good point. I don't know what you mean by the wild picking the Finnish kid but I felt he brings a lot of high end skill and feel the wild would be in a good position to gamble on a Hugh skilled forward.

I think they have a lot of good forwards but just not that high end skill IMO he may bring to the table. That's not to say your wrong just my thought process I wouldn't be surprised if they took a defensemen.




Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Still. He's not BPA. Ceci is like a Fowler type guy with poorer skating, weaker hands, and pretty much the same defensive ability. I've watched him like 6 times. I was expecting to be blown away by his defense. Not even a little bit. He got burned WAY more often than he actually cut chances off. Even if he becomes better than Trouba, Reinhart, and Dumba overall....I mean I wouldn't be all that shocked either...kid has upside...but the guys I listed are what Anaheim needs NOW.

Like everyone says we need the OFD's because Schultz might not sign. Schultz as a third OFD was already a surplus...though I'd rather give up Vatanen...it's still too much. Our blueline is too soft, and Ceci won't do anything to make that better.
Hmmm I see a lot of people have trouba down I think either is a good pic tbh. Iwill admit when I decided the pic I knew ducks need some good defenders but not what style of game.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:54 AM
  #10
DuckJet
Poster of the Year
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 41,028
vCash: 69
For sure they need more grit, strength, and defensive responsibility. Trouba's got a decent offensive game as well.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:40 PM
  #11
giza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 189
vCash: 500
Looks a little forward heavy in top 10 (especially top 5). I think Forsberg will fall more. I like who you have the Hawks drafting-----I'd be real happy with that guy in the mix.

giza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:27 PM
  #12
DeflatedFootball7
Registered User
 
DeflatedFootball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Belleville
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,051
vCash: 500
Flyers don't need a goalie right now. Hovinen is considered NHL ready by many and we just signed Heeter. Not to mention Bobrovsky still has another year on his ELC.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.