HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Cammy asked if he could keep his Habs game jersey as a souvenir (Molson returns it)

Old
04-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Actually he did. After the headlines came out the next day he called the players together at practice and apologized for how it came out. Then he got traded like 8 hours later...
And yet the entire controversy began because he was asked what role he had played in the team's lacklustre performance last season, to which he deflected about there being a losing mentality in the room.

The departure of focus from him onto the team was what turned me off about him.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Capitano

I was a big Cammalleri fan, but if you consider yourself a leader on the team you should never, EVER, speak like that in the papers. EVER.

He came across as such a whiner, complaining about his ice-time, about how the team had a losing mentality, about how they were prepared like losers, etc.

What kind of an example is this? Point the finger at yourself. If the puck isn't going in for you, you better make damn sure you earn your ice-time in other ways. Doing what he did is pretty much the opposite of leadership. It's selfish.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
I was a big Cammalleri fan, but if you consider yourself a leader on the team you should never, EVER, speak like that in the papers. EVER.

He came across as such a whiner, complaining about his ice-time, about how the team had a losing mentality, about how they were prepared like losers, etc.

What kind of an example is this? Point the finger at yourself. If the puck isn't going in for you, you better make damn sure you earn your ice-time in other ways. Doing what he did is pretty much the opposite of leadership. It's selfish.
This is exactly what bothered me about that whole charade too. He never took personal responsibility for his poor play, and for team's poor play. That's not what selfless players do.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:02 PM
SeriousHabs

I think this ''news'' is an attempt by the Montreal anglo media to out-stupid the Toronto media. They are doing a good job.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
And yet the entire controversy began because he was asked what role he had played in the team's lacklustre performance last season, to which he deflected about there being a losing mentality in the room.

I'm not saying he's perfect by any stretch but the guy went to his entire team cap in hand and apologized. Guys say dumb things all the time but very few are willing to own up to it. Cammy did and he deserves credit for that. Could you imagine how many times Jeremy Roenick would've been traded if they dealt him every time he said something stupid? Ditto with tons of others out there.

Like I said, I had no problem with him being traded. It's the reasoning and the manner in which we traded him that was flawed not to mention the lack of return that we got for him.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Capitano

Quote:
I'm not saying he's perfect by any stretch but the guy went to his entire team cap in hand and apologized. Guys say dumb things all the time but very few are willing to own up to it. Cammy did and he deserves credit for that. Could you imagine how many times Jeremy Roenick would've been traded if they dealt him every time he said something stupid? Ditto with tons of others out there.

Like I said, I had no problem with him being traded. It's the reasoning and the manner in which we traded him that was flawed not to mention the lack of return that we got for him.
Sure he deserves credit for apologizing, it takes a big man to do that for sure. But again, his overall credibility took a nasty blow I'm sure when that stuff came out. I have no problem that he is gone, other than the fact that we probably could have gotten way more for him if we played our cards right.

The problem with Cammy is that he is a sniper, and the puck wasn't going in for him. Good players find other ways to succeed out there if the puck isn't going in...you concentrate on D, etc...but obviously he was frustrated. But I don't miss him at all...he is nothing close to a franchise player imo. We didn't get market value for him though, that's for sure.

And Gauthier is gone, so there is hope at least.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post

Come on, let's not be super sensitive here. Sure, he could have said the usual ''I have to give more out there. Get back to the basics, do the simple things.'', but that's boring and means nothing.
Instead, he shared a little more as to why the team is bad. It's never about one player, so he said ''we'', and he was right.

There was no controversy really. He didn't call his teammates losers, and blame others. He said they we playing like losers, which is a shot at the coach more than anything, and you know what, he was absolutely right.

Still, the media being what it is, made a scoop out of it. To the point where he had to apologize to every one of his teammates. I'm sure none of his teammates actually cared as they know how retarded the media can be here.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
I think this ''news'' is an attempt by the Montreal anglo media to out-stupid the Toronto media. They are doing a good job.
Dumb & Dumber, at least Toronto took out ads to apologize to their fans.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:41 PM
CrazyShea

He can have my Cammalleri jersey I'm never going to wear it again.

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I'd like to know what Gauthier thinks of himself when he looks at his face on the mirror
" man that guy staring at me through the window could really use a sandwich."

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:57 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Cammy makes 6 million a year. He should pay the $1,200, doubt it will break him. Chances are the jersey he was wearing when traded mid-game could be worth 10x the 1200 bucks.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 04:03 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPac67 View Post
Dumb & Dumber, at least Toronto took out ads to apologize to their fans.
The Maple Leafs organisation, you mean.

The Toronto media never apologized for anything.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Just after Camm being traded, both Tremblay and Brunet came up separately on RDS to say he was a cancer in the locker room and had a poor reputation league-wise. Both guys are ex players/coaches who have absolutely no reason to randomly trash a guy leaving like that. They did it because it's true.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Utterly disgraceful! If this is accurate, Gauthier was completely classless.....first trade him during the game and rip the shirt off his back.....what a moron!

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 04:46 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Just after Camm being traded, both Tremblay and Brunet came up separately on RDS to say he was a cancer in the locker room and had a poor reputation league-wise. Both guys are ex players/coaches who have absolutely no reason to randomly trash a guy leaving like that. They did it because it's true.

Having people talk about their comments is the only reason for them to actually comment on stuff like this, besides their paycheck of course.

True or false doesn't matter, it's all about the buzz. And it's not like only hockey media in Montreal are like that. Unfortunately, it's about media in general all over the world. So hard to be a good journalist nowdays when truth and good knowledge don't matter anymore...

StanAjax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 04:59 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
I disagree.

Players say this stuff all the time out of frustration and it's not the end of the world. Ryan Miller said the exact same thing about the Sabres two weeks later and he wasn't shipped out. Someone else mentioned that what Cammy said could even been seen as leadership in that he was calling himself and his team out to play better. It didn't go down that way though and the next day Cammy was apologizing in practice...

Only in Montreal is this kind of stuff enough to turn you into some kind of cancer. It was no big deal but our idiot GM took it as a mortal insult and dealt him midway through a game (and a critical game at that point in the season btw) for a player who was still serving a suspension.

Made no sense then, less sense now and this article (which I think has some credibility) just confirms how petty and small PG was. Thank God for him getting the axe. I don't know who's next but he can't be any worse. What a complete dumbass this guy was.

?????????
i'm sure both parties are at fault, but nonetheless, if cammy would of ****, he probably would of not gotten shipped out mid way through a game and probably gotten a jersey to remeber his days in Mtl. PG acted to same "classless" level cammy did. More and more happy both are gone.

Miller is know to talk to the media when he has 0 emotional self control in situations like that one, and speaks his mind unflitered.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

The man would make a fine politician, no joke. Except for that miraculous playoff run, he sure didn't play like he was in love with this place. And if he really became a ***** because he wasn't named captain...(IF), that's pretty sad.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax View Post

Having people talk about their comments is the only reason for them to actually comment on stuff like this, besides their paycheck of course.

True or false doesn't matter, it's all about the buzz. And it's not like only hockey media in Montreal are like that. Unfortunately, it's about media in general all over the world. So hard to be a good journalist nowdays when truth and good knowledge don't matter anymore...
Finding something to comment isn't difficult. Ex-NHL people wouldn't risk looking bad thrash talking an established player and making stuff up like that, unless it's common knowledge and they know everybody will agree with them. And when was the last time hockey commentators came up and threw a player just traded under the bus like that?

And it's not like if those two are the only ones to have come up with that story.

Old
04-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Andy

Mario Tremblay's comments were interesting he said that he didn't want to bash Cammalleri while he was here, but that now that he is gone he could confirm that Cammalleri is known around the league as big time cancer and that not many people around the league and in the habs locker room like him.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 05:23 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Mario Tremblay's comments were interesting he said that he didn't want to bash Cammalleri while he was here, but that now that he is gone he could confirm that Cammalleri is known around the league as big time cancer and that not many people around the league and in the habs locker room like him.
lol what a clown Trembley is making up ****, what an *******.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
lol what a clown Trembley is making up ****, what an *******.
Why? Why would he (and Brunet, and others) make THIS crap on THIS specific player? Did they all agree on a common narrative beforehand? What's so extraordinary in knowing that some players are better teammates than others? And to Camm being among the others?

Hey, I remember hearing stories about Camm... before we even sign him! It's been going for a while. Why is it so hard to disbelieve that it is actually true? It's not like it some extraordinary claim.

It's like you guys are waiting for a proof, or something. Either you see it happening, and thus it's true and you believe it, or you don't see anything but hear about, and then it's absolutely impossible for it to be true, even if the "it" is quite banal.

Old
04-11-2012, 05:38 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Why? Why would he (and Brunet, and others) make THIS crap on THIS specific player? Did they all agree on a common narrative beforehand? What's so extraordinary in knowing that some players are better teammates than others? And to Camm being among the others?

Hey, I remember hearing stories about Camm... before we even sign him! It's been going for a while. Why is it so hard to disbelieve that it is actually true? It's not like it some extraordinary claim.

It's like you guys are waiting for a proof, or something. Either you see it happening, and thus it's true and you believe it, or you don't see anything but hear about, and then it's absolutely impossible for it to be true, even if the "it" is quite banal.
Because the are ****ing idiots and don't give **** about being professional, just want to show that they know stuff that other people don't....they know nothing.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
Because the are ****ing idiots and don't give **** about being professional, just want to show that they know stuff that other people don't....they know nothing.
Yeah, ok.

Old
04-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Maliki2

How anyone could deny that PG did this is beyond reason. Spaceman said the same when he was traded. Gill too. Cammi. PG is an idiot and terrible asset manager. He and BG and Martin were the biggest cancers among the organization. I didn't like Cammi after he spoke up, but I'm not giving PG a pass either.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 05:44 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Very classy Mr. Gauthier

I know Cammalleri can easily afford to pay that, its not the point. The symbolic of it is atrocious. I know Mike had a bad season with us but he was a canadiens and a damn good one at that in the previous 2 years. With his playoff performances and the 3 goal centennial game he certainly wasn't forgettable.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote