HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Cammy asked if he could keep his Habs game jersey as a souvenir (Molson returns it)

Old
04-11-2012, 05:47 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Yeah, ok.
what I am not surpised though is people believing these clowns.

VAN-HAB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 05:49 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

How some people are trying to villify Cammalleri in this thread is beyond me.

The way this organization acted in the past few seasons (this one especially) has been an embarrassment. Don't try to defend PG at this point, he was removed and rightfully so.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 05:54 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post

The way this organization acted in the past few seasons (this one especially) has been an embarrassment. Don't try to defend PG at this point, he was removed and rightfully so.
it is ridiculous, but like I said I am not surprised.

Old
04-11-2012, 05:58 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
it is ridiculous, but like I said I am not surprised.
Say what you will about Gainey, but I am certain that man would have had the class to let Cammy keep his jersey.

If I ever see PG on the street I'm going to punch him in the face for Habs fans worldwide, of course in order for this to happen I'd have to be in Vermont...

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 06:00 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:

i think we can go mid way, and villify both.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 06:05 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Say what you will about Gainey, but I am certain that man would have had the class to let Cammy keep his jersey.

If I ever see PG on the street I'm going to punch him in the face for Habs fans worldwide, of course in order for this to happen I'd have to be in Vermont...
one for me too please!

Old
04-11-2012, 06:46 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

I don't know what it is. People hate the guy for some reason. I've heard so much BS about him too. How he's selfish and a bad teammate. How he stopped playing cuz he wanted to be captain. All this speculative bul**** fed by the media who likes to pick a whipping boy and drum up everything they can on a player until he's gone.

Fans want a superstar but I mean, what superstar would be successful here. Look at the crap we've heard about PK and Price. This city is not ready for a top tier player.

It's not about the money. It's about the principal. The guy got traded mid frigging game...give him the damn jersey. Gauthier would not know class if it kicked him in the groin.

And I have to LOL @ people who said he didn't want to play in Montreal. The guy was a proud Hab which is why he popped off before he got traded. He's a prideful guy and I know his scoring woes really got to him. Not to mention the injuries he's had to deal with.

But look now...Gionta seems to be in every trade proposal now. The guy that lead the team in scoring and has always worked his butt off. He gets so much disrespect, I don't get it. Our fans can really be dumb.

Last edited by hockeyfan2k11: 04-11-2012 at 06:55 PM.
hockeyfan2k11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Miller is know to talk to the media when he has 0 emotional self control in situations like that one, and speaks his mind unflitered.
Lots of players do. And that's exactly what Cammy did here. So again, it was a total overreaction.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Why? Why would he (and Brunet, and others) make THIS crap on THIS specific player? Did they all agree on a common narrative beforehand? What's so extraordinary in knowing that some players are better teammates than others? And to Camm being among the others?

Hey, I remember hearing stories about Camm... before we even sign him! It's been going for a while. Why is it so hard to disbelieve that it is actually true? It's not like it some extraordinary claim.

It's like you guys are waiting for a proof, or something. Either you see it happening, and thus it's true and you believe it, or you don't see anything but hear about, and then it's absolutely impossible for it to be true, even if the "it" is quite banal.
I never heard anything negative about him until we dealt him. Then all of a sudden he was Satan himself.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
I have defended PG, too much in retrospect, but this is undefendable.
Same here. I theorized that the coaching change was Molson's idea but PG's firing points to PG himself who had that moronic idea. So now I'm glad they kicked him out.

If this story is true then PG is not only incompetent but classless.

Getting rid of Cammy was a mistake. He cared. He spoke up his mind and some people in Montreal in denial and with huge egos didn't like hearing the truth so villified Cammy. That's what makes me sick and why I said this city deserves the mess of a team it has/had.

Last edited by Poulet Kostopoulos: 04-11-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:03 PM
ROEN
HabsHQ

Here is my perspective on this.

A lot of you here do not understand Pierre Gauthier's personality very well, here is an article that can help a fair bit in understanding his personality when trading a player, making changes.

Ironically, in this case by hiring Jacques Martin

When Pierre disconnects from a player, the relationship stops there. For Pierre Cammy was a Flames player trying to acquire a Game Worn Jersey ( if this story is true) and he wasn't eligible for any special treatment whatsoever, I understand this mentality, when an employee that has cost you a small fortune in salary has failed to get the job done, you don't feel you owe him anything

And let's be honnest, Cammy had underachieved with the Canadiens.

On the whole though, Gauthier was the one Hab who could not afford to underachieve

ROEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I never heard anything negative about him until we dealt him. Then all of a sudden he was Satan himself.
I've heard all of these things before he was traded.

I don't know if infractions were ever issued to posters here but warnings were and threads were closed.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:32 PM
DAChampion

I wonder how many of you guys complained about Pacioretty when he said he would rather play 20 minutes a game in Hamilton than 6 minutes a game in Montreal?

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I've heard all of these things before he was traded.

I don't know if infractions were ever issued to posters here but warnings were and threads were closed.
Yeah, I can recall multiple stories about Cammalleri's personality before his comments. People soured on him long before some comments that weren't even that big of a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I wonder how many of you guys complained about Pacioretty when he said he would rather play 20 minutes a game in Hamilton than 6 minutes a game in Montreal?
Was Pacioretty dogging it on both ends when he said that?

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:39 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'm pretty sure he said that before he got good.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
He'd rather play with DD than Gomez, that's my take on it.

It was the right decision for him and the team.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I'm pretty sure he said that before he got good.
Yeah, but it wasn't for a matter of effort. I wasn't on the board then but I'm going to assume people were writing him off for other reasons.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:46 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by et le but View Post
yeah, i can recall multiple stories about cammalleri's personality before his comments. People soured on him long before some comments that weren't even that big of a deal.
s-p-e-c-u-l-a-t-i-o-n

hockeyfan2k11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 09:56 PM
smon

Quote:
Yeah, but it wasn't for a matter of effort. I wasn't on the board then but I'm going to assume people were writing him off for other reasons.
Oh, I'm quite sure I remember people complaining about him talking about that. He also said after Carbonneau was gone that he was happy to have a coach who actually told him what to do.

And Im sure people who don't like Pacioretty will wait for a slump to start blasting him about this kind of stuff from years ago

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 10:13 PM
JackZap

if this is true, its complete ******** and goes to show you what a disaster his nomination was. Hell give him a jersey for each member of his family, whats the big ****ing deal!

JackZap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 10:48 PM
MJG

Such a petty move by Gauthier who was obviously bitter about Cammy throwing the organization under the bus. That said, part of me can't help but laugh at how hilarious this is. Traded mid game and asks to keep jersey. Sure, but it'll be $1250. I'll accept cash or check.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Pleky Roks

If Cammalleri wasn't trying to be a dick and starting trouble for his old hockey team....he would have bought the jersey at whatever price and not said a word about it. Afterall...he does make $6 million a year. He should be thanking the Habs he is so overpaid and just shutup!!

Cammalleri had a huge ego!! He was obviously a problem in the dressing room because the team played better immediately after he was traded. Its a great thing that he is gone and whatever he wants to say to the media to make the Habs look bad should be completely ignored!!

Good riddence to a player that quit on his hockey team!!

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
If this is true, this is a disgusting act of stupid, pointless classlessness. I know it's not the worst thing ever done, but it's just stupid and petty. You already traded the guy mid-game, just let him leave on the friendliest terms possible under those bad circumstances.

And PLEASE people don't act like it's the same as him being fired from an office and asking to take a desk or computer. That is laughable.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:03 AM
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

This is exactly the kind of stupid non-news story that I expect from the Gazette.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 03:52 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:

Gainey would have taken control of the situation after Cammy made the comments. He would have defended the player and kept him instead of villainizing him and trading him between periods.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote