HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tell me about Nail Yakupov

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post
He seems extremely cocky, and it's worrisome.
If anything we need more of this. To much of Horcoff's crap in the media scrum.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
Hart has to play with RNH and Yak. It would be amazing. Hart would bust to the net moving back the D opening up space, giving RNH time to feed Yak the puck literally anywhere so he can snipe goal after goal after goal. That line would truly be perfect. Size, speed, skill and playmaking.
yes.. Hartikainen... or someone like him...

Old
04-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
He seems extremely cocky, and it's worrisome.
Not anymore cocky than Hall. The dude just loves playing hockey.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka View Post
While the optics of the way he plays is this tantalizing mix of Bure and Ovechkin....it is his desire and compete level that truly intrigue me. I realize he came back in the playoffs and had a sub-par performance but certainly, he strikes me as a pretty well grounded kid thanks to his parents; someone who loves the game and understands that it is indeed a privilege to be paid millions to play this game for a living instead of slogging for 10, 12 hours a day (as he mentioned in that Sportsnet sit down interview).

If Tambellini is stupid enough to trade this pick, Rexall probably would get burnt to the ground...
helps the new downtown arena project

I think Tambo will actively shop the pick... They seem to be high on the Dmen this draft .. would suck for sure but it might happen.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:28 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Might as well put both Yakupov and Hall on the same line.. Nuge and Ebs play a different style and might be better without players who like to rush the puck in a take a shot.
Yakupov and Hall might compliment each other very well..
Gotta disagree. Hall and Yakupov both play a speed based attacking style that opens up space for their linemates. Why have that effect on one line rather than on two? Everyone played better with Hall on their line and that is why. Yakupov gives us that on two lines.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:35 PM
doubledown99

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Gotta disagree. Hall and Yakupov both play a speed based attacking style that opens up space for their linemates. Why have that effect on one line rather than on two? Everyone played better with Hall on their line and that is why. Yakupov gives us that on two lines.
I think Yakupov would open up ice for Hall and having them on the same lines means dmen will have to play off them because either of them could burn you with there speed. This would benefit Hall as it would make plays like the Sarich hit more dangerous because a missed hit could lead to a breakaway for Yak. The way I see it is it would be Kariya-Selanne version 2.0

Old
04-11-2012, 07:39 PM
SLURVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBusDriver View Post
But wheres the NH
From HYPE to HYPHEN

Old
04-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
It seemed like it because the other LW options included guys like Jones, Paajarvi and Smyth (without his mojo)

The play died with Hall a lot when the 3 kids were together. Nuge or Ebs carrying the puck in created way better scoring chances than a rushing Hall.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:48 PM
czar99

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebs View Post

My favourite so far, seems to have a very nice combination of both Bryz and Ovi, no??
I wish I didn't watch that.

So team Canada- RNH/EBS/HALL and Yakupov!

Old
04-11-2012, 07:49 PM
czar99

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
A little comment from the Sarnia asst. GM, keep in mind they had some guy named Steven Stamkos there a few years ago:

http://thehockeywriters.com/nail-yakupov-profile/

Boom. I am so sold on this kid. He is not some string bean either, 190+ pounds on a frame just a shade under 6 feet is a grown man's body.
K this makes me feel better.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:57 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
I think Yakupov would open up ice for Hall and having them on the same lines means dmen will have to play off them because either of them could burn you with there speed. This would benefit Hall as it would make plays like the Sarich hit more dangerous because a missed hit could lead to a breakaway for Yak. The way I see it is it would be Kariya-Selanne version 2.0
I just hope we get to have this argument with both guys actually dressed in Oiler colours. I will be so disappointed if we don't take Yakupov now.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

For those worried about cap room, you pay your best players, take care of your core, and fill out the the roster with a mix of cheap veterans and ELC's.

The cap is going up, we have Smyth, Khabibulin expiring and if need be, buying out or trading Horcoff will be doable after this year.

There's enough money to go around for the next few years. The key is not giving stupid contracts to secondary players.

Old
04-11-2012, 07:59 PM
SilverHaireDevil

I will officially join the Tambellini must go crowd if he passes on this kid for less than anything totally mindblowing.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Also Nail Yakupov is Muslim, as a Fellow Muslim, I feel like this is exactly what I need to be named the first ever Muslim mod on HFOil, I'm gonna talk to Nail and make sure that's a condition in his contract.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

I said it earlier in the thread, but I think Yakupov is like a mix of Hall and Eberle. He has the speed and drive of Taylor Hall. He can burn around guys and scare the crap out of D-men and find open ice with his wheels, but he can also make opposing players and goalies look like idiots with his quick release snipes and evasive hands. He comes in a small package but shouldn't be considered small. He is a tank, built short and wide and he certainly doesn't play small like some other big guys do. Despite what some jealous scouts say, he is a complete package and god damn we are lucky to have the opportunity to get this guy in an Oilers jersey. The fact we are even considering the idea of trading this kid is absolutely ludicrous. Mark my words, he will be better than any player we have now.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Q Continuum
You are Wrong

vCash: 691
Also, I don't buy his physical play translating. Playing against men in the NHL is different than playing against kids in Junior.

Old
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
For those worried about cap room, you pay your best players, take care of your core, and fill out the the roster with a mix of cheap veterans and ELC's.

The cap is going up, we have Smyth, Khabibulin expiring and if need be, buying out or trading Horcoff will be doable after this year.

There's enough money to go around for the next few years. The key is not giving stupid contracts to secondary players.
Yakupov will become a RFA just when Horcoff's contract expires.. Thats covered
Nuge becomes a RFA when Hemsky's new contract expires.. covers the raise

We'll be fine. Just need to survive next offseason when we have to reup Ebs, Hall and Smid. Expiring contracts of Whitney, Sutton and Khabibulin should be enough. Based on this... giving Smyth a 2yr contract would be stupid.

Old
Njoy Oilers

I' e read all the links & watched every link, video, & blog/report on Nail that I could. Just have a feeling he is going to be another Ovi type charactor. I'm sold!!

Old
04-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHaireDevil View Post
I will officially join the Tambellini must go crowd if he passes on this kid for less than anything totally mindblowing.
From another old **** sack. Me too.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Mr Forever

Quote:
Also, I don't buy his physical play translating. Playing against men in the NHL is different than playing against kids in Junior.
It does obviously, but it's not like everyone in the OHL is 16 years old weighing 130 pounds either. Physical play has more to do with mental confidence and skating ability than actual physical size, in my opinion. if a guy has drive and he's solid on his feet, he will be able to hold his own in this league. Not to mention, Yakupov is built solid. He's 185, 5'11, build like a house and he's got room to grow. Yak may be short but he is not small.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Quote:
I do. At least he will be more physical then Hall/ebs/nuge.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Q Continuum
You are Wrong

vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallsgotTigerBlood View Post
I do. At least he will be more physical then Hall/ebs/nuge.
And he'll be on his ass when he realizes that these guys are a bit bigger than junior kids.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Mr Forever

Quote:
And he'll be on his ass when he realizes that these guys are a bit bigger than junior kids.
I can't think of too many big guys who can catch him, tbh.

He got hit like twice or something in his junior career.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Hall was 184lbs at draft.. Yakupov is already 190.
Hall is close if not over 200lbs now.. Yakupov will be easily as big in size.

Yakupov might not be as physical in NHL like a Dustin Brown (203lbs) or Landeskog (207lbs) but he'll not be a soft player.

Old
04-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
I can't think of too many big guys who can catch him, tbh.

He got hit like twice or something in his junior career.
Unlike Hall

Closed Thread