HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Russian Selects vs WHL

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2004, 10:29 AM
Winston Wolf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
As far as I am concerned, Weber set the tone for the game. For the first few shifts he was very physical(Along with Phaneuf) and after that the Russians seemed very tentative in their own zone.

The WHL defense was stellar. There was only one guy that looked out of place, and that was Jeff Schultz.(Seabrook had a slow start but came on as the game went on.)
OT: Why did your username change back to slats432? You're still a part of the HF staff, I hope.

Old
12-02-2004, 10:59 AM
speeds

any thoughts on Tesliuk last night, never had a chance to see the game, but wondering how he did for the Russians?

Old
12-02-2004, 11:06 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
OT: Why did your username change back to slats432? You're still a part of the HF staff, I hope.
Sorry my friend...I am off the payroll.

Speeds...Tesliuk would get an incomplete rating on a game like this. There was too much firepower on the WHL to actually guage one player.(Except Mikhailishin who was terrible and has been every game.)

Although Darryl Sutter did ooh and ahh at a nice play by Seabrook in the first....

Old
12-03-2004, 02:42 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
can anyone comment on versteeg's play for me? thanks...
awesome imo, relentless forechecking and energy, played very well along the boards controlling the puck behind the russia net. he had another very solid game tonight, great role player

Old
12-03-2004, 04:46 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
can anyone comment on versteeg's play for me? thanks...
What nugs... you think I'm biased? No trust...no trust... it hurts...

Old
12-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Luigi Lemieux

just wondering how they could leave off guys like stone and fehr from the wjc team. stone is leading the whl in pts is he not? fehr is also in the top 5 i believe.

Old
12-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Metamorphosis
just wondering how they could leave off guys like stone and fehr from the wjc team. stone is leading the whl in pts is he not? fehr is also in the top 5 i believe.
Extremely deep team with tons of high end talent and a several returning players. There just isn't room for all the great players. I really hope Fehr and Stone both make it, but I'm not so sure.

Old
12-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Stiffler's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
As far as I am concerned, Weber set the tone for the game. For the first few shifts he was very physical(Along with Phaneuf) and after that the Russians seemed very tentative in their own zone.

The WHL defense was stellar. There was only one guy that looked out of place, and that was Jeff Schultz.(Seabrook had a slow start but came on as the game went on.)
I thought Russell struggled on the defensive side of the puck. Got beat twice wide where he had to take a penalty and was letting Russians behind him several times during the game on fast breaks. He had 2 pts though.

Old
12-04-2004, 01:48 PM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Metamorphosis
I have a feeling Stone could work his way in as a 4th line centre (becasue he plays the gritty game). His all around style will help him alot as he is a Sutter type of player. As for Fehr, he just might be a victim of too many scorers already being on the team.

My bold prediction for a 4th line is Fehr--Stone--Meyer though.

Old
12-04-2004, 01:57 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck
I have a feeling Stone could work his way in as a 4th line centre (becasue he plays the gritty game). His all around style will help him alot as he is a Sutter type of player. As for Fehr, he just might be a victim of too many scorers already being on the team.

You can never have enough scorers on a team. If Fehr is physical and good enough defensivly....use him on the fourth line. He has the size. Iwould rather a Colliton/Dixon/? 4th line though. They are troopers that would be great defensivly.

Old
12-04-2004, 02:01 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck
Won't happen. I think Stone and Meyer have little chances of making it even tough they probably deserve to.

Old
12-04-2004, 03:20 PM
Vinland

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds
any thoughts on Tesliuk last night, never had a chance to see the game, but wondering how he did for the Russians?
He didn't do much and at times looked completly overmatched against the WHL. That said most of the Russians looked that way.
Fehr and Stone should make the WJC team but will they? I have my doubts. Keep in Mind Stone is also a very very good shut down forward.

Old
12-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Big Deaner

Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17ster
Won't happen. I think Stone and Meyer have little chances of making it even tough they probably deserve to.
Will happen. I think Stone and Meyer have good chances of making it probably because they deserve to.

Closed Thread