HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs (Non-Panthers)

Old
05-05-2012, 03:18 PM
KW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Can't stand flyers, can't stand flyer fans more than any others, can't stand the city.

Personally could never hate the devils in past as theyre just a well run franchise on a budget whose HOF goalie is (was) the centerpiece.
The series just didn't create hate wich can be fun but it just didn't at least for me( except for clarkson). Not a dirty hit to get pissed at or a fight or a goalie run or anything.

I actually hope next yr we face Tampa in the playoffs for a good ole fashion rivalry ... Imagine if they get luongo!!!!
I'm trying my best to start hatin the devils. They do have PDB which helps a little. But hating the devils is like hating your CPA who has no personality, no excitement, doesn't really do anything wrong -- but is the bearer of bad news at tax time....

KW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 09:45 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
I'm trying my best to start hatin the devils. They do have PDB which helps a little. But hating the devils is like hating your CPA who has no personality, no excitement, doesn't really do anything wrong -- but is the bearer of bad news at tax time....
Lol can't argue w/that!

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Basement Cat
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Hey I heard on Francesca yesterday dev fans are complaining that only a few trek down to filthadelphia while the jersey arena is half Philly fans...any truth to that?
I was at game 3 and this is nowhere near the truth. There were maybe 1,000 Flyers fans there. Probably less. The Rock was a see of red (and white towels) and the crowd was electric for the whole night. Idk what those Devils "fans" are talking about.

Basement Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 08:31 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 0
Bigger rink really stresses how slow Kopecky is.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Tonight is going to be the end for St. Louis! Kings are going to win this series!!!

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 01:46 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
I was at game 3 and this is nowhere near the truth. There were maybe 1,000 Flyers fans there. Probably less. The Rock was a see of red (and white towels) and the crowd was electric for the whole night. Idk what those Devils "fans" are talking about.
That makes more sense. I'd figure that, and panther fans are experts at "invading " fans. And ranger games aside, about 1000 is logical.

It was a devil sth calling in to mike complaint devils fans are the " worst traveling fans".

Listen I was in shock that mike was talking hockey

Old
05-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder

Mike had Lou Lamoriello on twice recently. Right before the playoffs started, and again last week I believe.

I didn't hear it, but my buddy said it was something along of the lines of ''Martin Brodeur is incredible, but I really haven't followed Hockey.'' Then last week something along the lines of ''I didn't watch any of the games.'' I know Mike likes his Yankees, and he'll talk about the Football sometimes.

I don't know much about that Carton guy who does the show with Boomer. Seems like a goofy weirdo, and he looks like Andre Agassi. That's who I thought it was at first! I saw the commercial where he was talking about Brodeur, and Parise in a clip for their show.

Hockey is still a sport for freaks. Hardly anybody in my high school watched Hockey. A couple Rangers fans, and they won the Cup the year I graduated after the long ECF with the Devils. If you watched Hockey in my school you were considered a freak pretty much. I don't expect the big analysts to know about it. I used to feel bad for James Brown from Fox, and Chris Berman covering ESPN on NHL. Didn't Howie Long even cover pre games, and stuff for FOX NHL a few times? Think those guys knew anything about Hockey or watched it?

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 06:20 PM
PanthersHockey1
South by Southeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Mike had Lou Lamoriello on twice recently. Right before the playoffs started, and again last week I believe.

I didn't hear it, but my buddy said it was something along of the lines of ''Martin Brodeur is incredible, but I really haven't followed Hockey.'' Then last week something along the lines of ''I didn't watch any of the games.'' I know Mike likes his Yankees, and he'll talk about the Football sometimes.

I don't know much about that Carton guy who does the show with Boomer. Seems like a goofy weirdo, and he looks like Andre Agassi. That's who I thought it was at first! I saw the commercial where he was talking about Brodeur, and Parise in a clip for their show.

Hockey is still a sport for freaks. Hardly anybody in my high school watched Hockey. A couple Rangers fans, and they won the Cup the year I graduated after the long ECF with the Devils. If you watched Hockey in my school you were considered a freak pretty much. I don't expect the big analysts to know about it. I used to feel bad for James Brown from Fox, and Chris Berman covering ESPN on NHL. Didn't Howie Long even cover pre games, and stuff for FOX NHL a few times? Think those guys knew anything about Hockey or watched it?
i hope you guys beat philly it gives the panthers more credibility.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 07:07 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post

Hockey for sure is a niche sport. It's popularity was in manhattan and long island for the most part in the 70s-90s I am not sure if that's changed.

Francesca has always been on record for not being a hockey fan.

hockey down here was really gaining popularityin the late 90s and early 2000s ...then Bure left the strike hit and we sucked. But there is a market here in sofl for it to regain popularity..IF WE WIN.

Sorry to all for digression/ off topic.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:22 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1185233&page=2

Roll call to Philly game

This thread, Basement Cat, explains why few if any dev fans travel to philly. They are scared to. And completely understandable. Philthy fans are disgusting. My god you have to have posters claim their size and weight so others might accompany them.

It is a shame that Philly fans conduct unbecoming is why you guys wont drive an hour to see the game tonight. Having experienced them, its also quite understandable.

Old
05-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Basement Cat
Frank Drebin

Quote:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1185233&page=2

Roll call to Philly game

This thread, Basement Cat, explains why few if any dev fans travel to philly. They are scared to. And completely understandable. Philthy fans are disgusting. My god you have to have posters claim their size and weight so others might accompany them.

It is a shame that Philly fans conduct unbecoming is why you guys wont drive an hour to see the game tonight. Having experienced them, its also quite understandable.
That thread is hilarious. I'd make the trip down there tomorrow if I didn't have a big exam on Wed. The Philthy fans are an embarrassment to humanity but they should not be feared. We should see a lot of Devils fans there tomorrow. I'm excited for it.

Also AG, to backup what I said earlier, here are a few pics from the games 3 and 4 against Philly:

One of our guys had a nice pic from the upper level but idk where it is. Surely you can tell that it is far from 50/50.

Also, I must say that I disagree with the caller who said that our fans do not travel well. I think that we have some of the best road support. There are plenty of NJ transplants all over the country and I've noticed lots of fans at Toronto/Ottawa games as well.

------------

I originally came here to post this...

Still miss you guys a lot. We had a relatively clean series without much cheap stuff and I miss that. Not that Philly has been able to agitate the Devils much, but their general lack of class has shined throughout the series.

I've grown to like the Panthers more and more. I even use them in NHL 12 fairfly often.

Old
05-07-2012, 08:19 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
That thread is hilarious. I'd make the trip down there tomorrow if I didn't have a big exam on Wed. The Philthy fans are an embarrassment to humanity but they should not be feared. We should see a lot of Devils fans there tomorrow. I'm excited for it.

Also AG, to backup what I said earlier, here are a few pics from the games 3 and 4 against Philly:

One of our guys had a nice pic from the upper level but idk where it is. Surely you can tell that it is far from 50/50.

Also, I must say that I disagree with the caller who said that our fans do not travel well. I think that we have some of the best road support. There are plenty of NJ transplants all over the country and I've noticed lots of fans at Toronto/Ottawa games as well.

------------

I originally came here to post this...

Still miss you guys a lot. We had a relatively clean series without much cheap stuff and I miss that. Not that Philly has been able to agitate the Devils much, but their general lack of class has shined throughout the series.

I've grown to like the Panthers more and more. I even use them in NHL 12 fairfly often.
Pictures speak for themselves!

Come down for a long weekend for one dev game and another game. Wear your jersey gear for the dev game and then come as a panther fan to the second game. Soon we are your adopted southern team!

Anyway you are always welcome on our board.

Old
05-07-2012, 08:20 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Exactly. Every sport I root that way!

Old
05-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Basement Cat
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Pictures speak for themselves!

Come down for a long weekend for one dev game and another game. Wear your jersey gear for the dev game and then come as a panther fan to the second game. Soon we are your adopted southern team!

Anyway you are always welcome on our board.
I'd love to sometime. You guys are really growing on me and our fanbases seem to share a lot in common with the general lack of respect that we receive.

I'll try to be around here as much as possible. Garrison has become my favorite non-Devil over the course of the season and in our series. You guys better lock him up (unless, of course, he makes his was up to Jersey ) !

Old
05-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Yeah I said this in another thread, but with the way the Flyers are playing against the Devils, it makes me that much more proud of the Panthers and what they were able to do. They nearly had the series wrestled away in Game 6 and somehow exposed the Devils PK like nothing I've ever seen (aside from our own PK in recent years heh).

In my mind, the Panthers advanced, but facing reality, it's still impressive how close the series really was. Anyone could have won it. I think we gained a lot of respect in the NHL for that series. Shame how it ended but bigger things are coming.

I don't really care for either the Devils or Flyers, but history says I really hate the Flyers, but I have no one to actually hate ON the Flyers (what with Pronger out).

Also Kings sweeping the Blues...say what?! That was nuts.

Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Ward (Capitals) takes a 4-minute penalty with 27 seconds left in the third. Rangers tied it up. Wow. Guess we know who the goat's going to be in Washington tonight. LOL

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 09:04 PM
PanthersHockey1
South by Southeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Yeah I said this in another thread, but with the way the Flyers are playing against the Devils, it makes me that much more proud of the Panthers and what they were able to do. They nearly had the series wrestled away in Game 6 and somehow exposed the Devils PK like nothing I've ever seen (aside from our own PK in recent years heh).

In my mind, the Panthers advanced, but facing reality, it's still impressive how close the series really was. Anyone could have won it. I think we gained a lot of respect in the NHL for that series. Shame how it ended but bigger things are coming.

I don't really care for either the Devils or Flyers, but history says I really hate the Flyers, but I have no one to actually hate ON the Flyers (what with Pronger out).

Also Kings sweeping the Blues...say what?! That was nuts.
i usually dislike the flyers but i give them a pass this season. They are the reason we made the playoffs. Some will argue the last game against carolina. I dont know about that. Had buffalo beat philly, i think we could have very well lost to carolina and missed the post season. Fate has a funny way of coming back around as they say.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 09:49 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Ward (Capitals) takes a 4-minute penalty with 27 seconds left in the third. Rangers tied it up. Wow. Guess we know who the goat's going to be in Washington tonight. LOL
not a bad ending either.

Old
05-08-2012, 03:12 AM
Gudbranson44

im rooting for LA now, but if phoenix won it id be so happy for them. actually, as long as its a team from WC id be happy, their both non-traditional markets and its always nice to see these teams with success. rangers-la in the finals would be cool to watch!

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:19 AM
jessebelanger

nyr vs la final would be pretty cool so that's what im hoping for

jessebelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:35 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessebelanger View Post
nyr vs la final would be pretty cool so that's what im hoping for
This would be awesome for hockey. But Phoenix would be such a gr8t story.\

the picture shows Justin Tuckof the NY giants as excited as anyone on the ranger bench.

Truly the best playoffs in sports....

Last edited by adam graves: 05-08-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old
05-08-2012, 07:46 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 0
With Preds gone, Yotes are the only one left that I can sort of root. Boo-urns Queen's & the East.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Acadmus
retired mod

Wow...I said in some thread last month that the NHL's wet dream would be a New York Rangers/L.A. Kings final, but it was unlikely to happen...I can't be so sure of that now.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:39 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Wow...I said in some thread last month that the NHL's wet dream would be a New York Rangers/L.A. Kings final, but it was unlikely to happen...I can't be so sure of that now.
Playoffs are really suffering without a canadian team, eh?

Old
05-08-2012, 10:07 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
That makes more sense. I'd figure that, and panther fans are experts at "invading " fans. And ranger games aside, about 1000 is logical.

It was a devil sth calling in to mike complaint devils fans are the " worst traveling fans".

Listen I was in shock that mike was talking hockey
I would say there's a high-probability the caller was actually a Rangers fan, but there's no way a Devils STH would say that. The only team that gets a lot of their fans into The Rock is the Rangers, and even then you're looking at about 80:20 to 70:30 at absolute worst. It makes some sense, the tickets are cheaper and it's just a few miles from MSG. The Rangers fans say it's "half Rangers fans", but that's just idiot-talk. The number of Devils STH alone makes that mathematically impossible.

Also, it's getting to the point where quite a few Devils fans go to games at MSG now, but you dont ever hear them mention that, do you?

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote